• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Well... Hello Kotor. We meet again.

This... I shall punish you for this. Behold, your precious St. Garon:
HOW DARE YOU SOIL ST. GARON'S GOOD IMAGE BY SLAPPING THAT WICKED NYMPH'S HEAD ONTO HIS PURE BODY! YOU WILL PAY FOR COMMITTING THIS SIN, CHAPTER SERF!
1437367529254.gif

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
I hate fighting Link. I play on FG, so whenever I face a Link I know I'm going to have to powershield/shield everything and hope to get close enough to them to attack.
If I win it feels so...empty.

Last edited:

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
I hate fighting Link. I play on FG, so whenever I face a Link I know I'm going to have to powershield/shield everything and hope to get close enough to them to attack.
If I win it feels so...empty.
Clearly you felt no Link between you and the opponent. There was only a gap between you two.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Burn My Dread.

Persona 3 is up there for one of my favorite games of all time. The soundtrack alone was awesome, story was wonderful, characters were likable, and overall it was a really fun and engaging game. Hearing a cool theme song everytime I booted up the game (or died) was really nice.

Other games like Jet Set Radio and The World Ends With You also come to mind which have really good music.
Yessss, the full version of Burn My Dread is the greatest!

Aye, Persona 3 was just golden. I do wished that P3P was done in full 3D for the oveworld, it's probably my favorite version of the game. But I don't think Atlus would re-do P3 for a third time. ;__;

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Play me again later tomorrow if you're available, I just feel completely out of it right now.

Sorry for not leaving a GG message btw
I'm not going to my weekly tomorrow afternoon so that should be fine. Sorry for any salt that I may have produced.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
-Ahem-
Ignoring THAT from earlier, guys i would like to know what is your absolute favorite game soundtrack of all time.
Mine would be Chrono Triggah (original i know).
Mine is a total toss up between the Kingdom Hearts 2 FM HD OST

And the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance OST

Both are just SO DAMN GOOD for completely different reasons that I can't choose just one of them.

Oooh! Favorite OST's!? Hands down Transistor!
Hmmm..... the Silent Hill games do follow very close behind though :^)
(2 and 3 are my favs)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My least favorite matchup is Mega Man.
Just spam pellets to win. Oh yeah, you might time the opponent out with this tactic! Just do it! Pew pew!
This matchup is tedious, boring, and frustrating for ANY character.

Please enjoy the Robin Social Thread where we talk everything but Robin.
That should be the title of the thread.
"Robin Social Thread: We Talk About Everything But Robin"
I do like the old title, though.

-Ahem-
Ignoring THAT from earlier, guys i would like to know what is your absolute favorite game soundtrack of all time.
Mine would be Chrono Triggah (original i know).
Hmm...
Honestly, my favorite video game song has to be the Zelda theme to be quite honest.
I love nearly all of the remixes to this song. They all sound so... perfect.
As a whole soundtrack... I am unsure. I can't answer that. I'm thinking the Mario Galaxy games or Xenoblade Chronicles.

Ness continues to be the most hateful character in the game to fight against. That back throw :/
PK Fire -> Back Throw -> OKAY
The most salty combo in the game.

Just gonna ask now for reference, are Visual Novels video games? If not, well there goes the music I like currently.
I think so.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
To be fair, Ness and Rosa are on different levels of obnoxious.

Ness has his salt combo and Rosa has her Luma to make them extremely hard to beat, especially for projectile users.

Though unlike Ness, Rosa's projectile absorber absorbs absolutely everything.

Arc_Thunder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ichuchu
are we talking about favourite soundtracks now?
I like several OSTs but my favourite is probably monster hunter
I also like xenoblade chronicles music

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
It's much too difficult to decide on a favourite song or soundtrack from a game, there are too many great songs out there in gaming to decide or rank. Most of my favourite songs come from nintendo games though. Some of my favourite soundtracks are the ones for super mario galaxy, Mother, Smash brothers and Touhou.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
To be fair, Ness and Rosa are on different levels of obnoxious.

Ness has his salt combo and Rosa has her Luma to make them extremely hard to beat, especially for projectile users.

Though unlike Ness, Rosa's projectile absorber absorbs absolutely everything.
Well, except her own Star Bits and Doc's Megavitamins.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well, except her own Star Bits and Doc's Megavitamins.
Both of which would really never come into play. For the Star Bits, a Rosalina mirror match would have much more than Star Bit spamming and the other attack is a custom for Doctor wahwee Mario, and since a lot of matches are played customless...

It's still a large 99% of projectiles anyway. Ness can't even boast that.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Best Soundtrack is Sonic 3, Metal Gear Rising, Mother 3, Persona 3/4/Q, Megaman Battle Network 3 and are great Soundtracks.

But the best soundtrack is here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222 also just one thing I noticed from our matches is that you need to work on trying to kill me earlier.

On average I was living up to like 150% and sometimes I would end up taking your stock and putting on significant damage even while sitting at that percent because you hadn't killed me yet.

That's the only comment I have, really.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Someone brought up Ness lol I have a :rosalina:to deal with annoying matches cause fighting :4ness: in tourney whiffing a move then getting back thrown is not fun and outside of her I tend to go :4marth: or :4bowser: but trying to frame trap him while he's zipping around like a fly is annoying.

No you're fine.

I was incredibly tired by the end of our matches, was all.
I see then i can understand that.

@ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222 also just one thing I noticed from our matches is that you need to work on trying to kill me earlier.

On average I was living up to like 150% and sometimes I would end up taking your stock and putting on significant damage even while sitting at that percent because you hadn't killed me yet.

That's the only comment I have, really.
Falco problems against fatties from time to time. If I can't get a ledge trump bair that's sweetspotted, a Dair spike, or a fair gimp then I have to resort to b throw/ up throw and pray that the opponent don't DI or f smash or up smash off a read.

D

Deleted member

Someone brought up Ness lol I have a :rosalina:to deal with annoying matches cause fighting :4ness: in tourney whiffing a move then getting back thrown is not fun and outside of her I tend to go :4marth: or :4bowser: but trying to frame trap him while he's zipping around like a fly is annoying.

I see then i can understand that.

Falco problems against fatties from time to time. If I can't get a ledge trump bair that's sweetspotted, a Dair spike, or a fair gimp then I have to resort to b throw/ up throw and pray that the opponent don't DI or f smash or up smash off a read.
I have no idea how to DI Falco's Up-Throw or Back-Throw to dodge the laser.

You think you're all fine and dandy and then welp there's a laser and you're dead.

For some reason I kept accidentally DIing the Back Throw down so I'd avoid the laser but then just die to the throw itself because semi-spike trajectory. :drflip:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I haven't played against any Rosa players recently. I have a friend who mains Rosa but we don't play often. I don't think the match up is too difficult but maybe I just have not played against a good enough Rosa yet. Same thing with Ness. I mostly play on with anyone mode so that might explain it. I would likely have a different opinion if I played on anther's ladder or something similar. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever used with friends mode online.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I've never really had that much trouble with :rosalina:, though that could be just because I've only fought one actually good one. Plus the fact that there's only one Rosa player here anyway, so I don't have to deal with her often/ever, unlike Kid Back-throw.
The reason why I said that is mainly because whenever I see someone ask anyone who they hate fighting against, Rosa is usually in the Top 3.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I have no idea how to DI Falco's Up-Throw or Back-Throw to dodge the laser.

You think you're all fine and dandy and then welp there's a laser and you're dead.

For some reason I kept accidentally DIing the Back Throw down so I'd avoid the laser but then just die to the throw itself because semi-spike trajectory. :drflip:
Don't worry your not the only one. Falco is a rare character and since he is it's hard to know some of this stuff. His up throw is kinda like trying to DI Pika's up throw to thunder so you can avoid the down b as for back throw it's more tricky especially with rage and Falco's back to the edge. Your not killing till around 150 with both throws on average unless there is rage and dependant of fall speed and weight cause the laser is the kill power behind it.
I've never really had that much trouble with :rosalina:, though that could be just because I've only fought one actually good one. Plus the fact that there's only one Rosa player here anyway, so I don't have to deal with her often/ever, unlike Kid Back-throw.
Well Marth does decently against her last i checked.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Knowing Lucina she is probably awful against any who is remotely viable.
Oh well.

I cannot decide on a new avatar. I either want to use an old one or make something new.
If all else fails, more Dual Destinies characters.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Knowing Lucina she is probably awful against any who is remotely viable.
Oh well.

I cannot decide on a new avatar. I either want to use an old one or make something new.
If all else fails, more Dual Destinies characters.
:4lucina:Is better at dealing with :4pikachu: than :4marth:Is though and she don't have to worry about spacing all day for tippers since she lacks them for the price of less range and safety and rage F smash with her is the juice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom