• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Yes.

Link's boomerang has low cooldown on throw but his bomb pull has some notable startup.

You could get a Dash Grab, Tilt, or anything relatively quick if Link attempts Boomerang -> Bomb Pull without some sort of movement away in between or during the bomb pull.

Hell if Link is close enough you could potentially connect with Robin's F-Smash if you do it immediately.
The Robin and Link MU is a strange one. Both rely on projectiles to make the most of the situation.

With Link it comes down to how safe and how good you can keep players at bay while killing when the time has come.

Robin comes down to how quick she can break through Links walls while not being to close and to far.

Trust me and Soul. we won't give you false info.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
@ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal any Tips on Robin?

How to play Robin?

How to fight Robin?

How fight Robin with Shulk?

What customs you were using?

Also speaking of,

Normal thunder would of faired better than your customs because normal Thoron has multiple hit boxes to hit Link even if I hylian shield.

It all comes down to how close you are and how well you know the link. Cause bombs can be thrown quickly.
I just edited my previous post so see above for it.

Shulk has a lot of bad frame data and lag, so I often just punished you for it. You need to get into Speed Monado a lot faster and incorporate pivot grabs during that mode since the slide is really long. Using counter against Robin's projectile is usually not that good of an idea since if I'm using far enough I can just react to the swing. You had the right idea with the fair edgeguards but don't forget to slap smash mode onto it if you can. Also, forget back slash exist for the moment. It's a bad move and it's not even that good of a way to punish projectiles.

I was alternating between firewall (the fast one without out the stunlock) and arcfire to see which I prefer in the match-up. I was using speed thunder. And trust me, if I wasn't using that custom, I would get camped that much harder, almost never reach thoron if you're pressuring me right, or even get away with the thunder and elthunder punishes I did due to decreased range and speed.

Also Smoke, Souless One does indeed know the Robin Link match-up. He had like a 2 hour session or something with Raziek at one point.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Wow! Remember this F!Robin cosplayer who's picture was posted here a while ago?

Well, she just made some more on her deviantart account recently and they are simply beautiful. :cheep:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Well in the end Your Robin was AMAZING!!!! I feel a lot more confident about the MU now. Besides we're friends...Right?

Anyone want to play?
As tacticians of this thread (yes, that includes non-Robin players like yourself) we all share a common, hidden bond. Despite some controversies in the past, I am happy that you did remain with us still. Sincerely.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
As tacticians of this thread (yes, that includes non-Robin players like yourself) we all share a common, hidden bond. Despite some controversies in the past, I am happy that you did remain with us still. Sincerely.
I could not agree more!!...Hey I play Robin...I just need Robin lessons. I will take lessons from anybody.

But YES WE ARE BONDED!!!! Wait what controversy?

WE ARE TACTITIANS!

REALLY, WHAT CONTROVERSY?

Everyone is going to start training against Link now. Me and Soul are screwed.

Last edited:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
I'll post my stats too, I suppose.

Omaha
Omaha
Hut hut hut hut hut hike!

By the way, @Raziek I was wondering, did you have a chance to see my questions on how that Diddy you faced handled themselves, and how you approached that matchup as Robin? I know you've been busy with Evo stuff, travel prep, etc. plus this thread exploded in congratulation posts (Rightly so), so was worried this might have gotten lost in the shuffle.

Could someone help me find some symbols from various tomes in Awakening that look cool? Adding them to my Red Robin controller, sanded down the buttons, so I can put designs on A, B, X and Y, as well as the face of the controller (as well as the rest of the controller).

Some assistance would be lovely ^^
Do you mean tome cover symbols? If so I found this blog where someone was designing their own.
http://gamingnao.tumblr.com/tagged/tome-project

Nah

Smash Champion
Ok so this is what happen when I did the unit thing:

Base Class: Knight
Reclass: Spellcaster

Growth Rates:
HP:16
Str: 26
Mag: 55
Skl: 77
Spd: 31
Lck: 26
Def: 0
Res: 17

:glare:

Going to bed very soon.

Monday or Tuesday.

@ Nah Nah let me know what time Monday or Tuesday would work best for you if you're available then.
Just about anytime from 3:30PM to 9PM EST on both of those days works for me.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
DAMN IT @ WispBae WispBae I WANTED TO HELP

*Plops down on her haunches and jabs the dirt with a stick*

On the subject of church and faith, I would encourage anyone, spiritual or otherwise, to read the Existentialists.

Even if you fundamentally disagree with what they are saying, it never hurts to broaden your education~ :3

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
I just had funny idea, what if @ Nah Nah was a pokemon? Just think about it? Not to be rude, but Pokemon say they're names right? If @ Nah Nah was a Pokemon I can just imagine it saying

Nah nah nah na-na nah nah nah nah. Nah ah.

I'M A GENIUS!!!

D

Deleted member

I just had funny idea, what if @ Nah Nah was a pokemon? Just think about it? Not to be rude, but Pokemon say they're names right? If @ Nah Nah was a Pokemon I can just imagine it saying

Nah nah nah na-na nah nah nah nah. Nah ah.

I'M A GENIUS!!!

I can't even.

D

Deleted member

Just about anytime from 3:30PM to 9PM EST on both of those days works for me.
That'll be fine, as I've mentioned Monday and Tuesday are my off-days from work for the week, so I'll just be hanging around and can thus play pretty much whenever.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Caught up with this thread after being semi gone for 2 days since I was at a Evo viewing party oh man never again unless I have a charger for my phone.

And Evo starts in a hour and I may leave for said party again so let it be known.

UmbreonMageBrando

The Quiet One
NNID
Megaman648
Tomorrow I'm going to my first ever local smash tournament, I'm both excited and nervous at the same time. Anyone got any advice? I'm not very good at starting conversations v.v

D

Deleted member

Tomorrow I'm going to my first ever local smash tournament, I'm both excited and nervous at the same time. Anyone got any advice? I'm not very good at starting conversations v.v
Relax,

And that's about it.

At the end of the day you should want to enjoy the time you've spent at the tournament (duh, kind of).

If you do well and win a bit, great. If you lose early then it's still a good learning experience, you'll have the people that beat you to give some advice on where you need to improve fundamental or character-wise, potentially.

And just be sure you know and follow the rules going in (I assume you do/will anyways, but I'm just pointing it out) because a newbie at a tournament that just doesn't understand how the tournament is being run just makes things awkward.

In social terms a tournament is good place to start making acquaintances in your local scene as well, so attempt to socialize a little bit if you can, it'll also make things a little less awkward because then you won't feel like you're just sitting in a room full of strangers all by yourself.

/lifehacks.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Find a really good player.

Get bodied.

Keep playing.

Get advice.

This will make you a better player.

Above all else - yes, as kitschy as this may sound, I really and truly mean it - HAVE FUN!

Last edited:
Top Bottom