• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Let's see how my luck is today!

Classes:
Dark Mage -> Oni Savage

Stats:
HP - 30
Str - 5
Mag - 83
Skill - 81
Spd - 61
Luck - 1
Def - 84
Res - 65

With strength like that I'm a poor excuse for a "savage." (Might as well stay D. Mage)

And that luck is............. well f*ck you too RNG.
To be fair that'd make a pretty good sorcerer (except maybe dodgy HP and Str, but Str is irrelevant). Just hope you don't run into any killer weapons with that luck, or they'll crit you to hell and back

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Ninja/Outlaw

HP:46
Str:81
Mag:57
Skl:46
Spd:79
Luk:56
Def:49
Res:31

So, I'm a glass cannon.

AGAIN!
Dark Mage/Lance Fighter
HP:22
Str:73
Mag:81
Skl:69
Spd:41
Luk:82
Def:50
Res:45
Lol I'd die in three hits with that HP.

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Ninja/Outlaw

HP:46
Str:81
Mag:57
Skl:46
Spd:79
Luk:56
Def:49
Res:31

So, I'm a glass cannon.

AGAIN!
Dark Mage/Lance Fighter
HP:22
Str:73
Mag:81
Skl:69
Spd:41
Luk:82
Def:50
Res:45
Lol I'd die in three hits with that HP.

Remember these numbers aren't your actual stats, only your growth rates.
22% is still rather low, though.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'm officially an OP unit in Fire Emblem now ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Samurai and Ninja ( <- reclass)

HP - 97
Str - 86
Mag - 43
Skl - 79
Spd - 82
Lck - 88
Def - 75
Res - 70

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/3bxkld/howd_you_look_like_as_a_unit_in_fates/?limit=500
I'm a Lance Fighter > Dark Mage

HP- 90
STR- 13
MAG- 54
SKILL- 43
SPD- 54
LCK- 57
DEF- 70
RES - 59

Welp... I must have quit being a Lance Fighter really fast because my strength is booty. I must have left the armor on when I trained as a dark mage since my speed and skill are a bit lacking. But hey, I've got some good HP and somewhat okay defense.

*cries internally* ;-;

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Dark Mage with Spellcaster reclass
Growth Rates

HP: 46
Str: 0 (lol. Do any character in FE has a 0% growth rate in anything?)
Mag: 83
Skl: 2
Spd: 10
Lck: 56
Def:86
Res: 33

RNG has been hating me since the FE Hunger Games days. It's okay RNG, I hate you too.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Growth Rates

RNG has been hating me since the FE Hunger Games days. It's okay RNG, I hate you too.
Well...at least you're a a class that uses magic with high def.

Which you'll need, too, with that speed.:estatic:

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I found this gem shared by a friend of mine:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Growth Rates

You have the same Speed growth rate as Chrom's Magic growth rate.:laugh:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Alright Round Two!

Classes -
Bowman -> Wyvern Rider (favorite class hype)

Stats -
HP 14
Str 88
Mag 88
Skill 18
Spd 79
Luck 86
Def 40
Res 39

Dat HP though. I'll be S-Supporting with the healer in no time! Fortunately I have some really good strength, speed, and luck to make up for my paper thin armor. :p

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
And lemme guess, Azura is That Unit that if it goes down, it's game over?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Although the usual high tier characters were present in Top 8 of EVO, and a :4diddy:/:4sheik:won, don't fret Robin gorls!

A:4robinf: actually won a tourney at the anime convention I went to today! It was informal with stuff like best of 1 matches and input lag in the projectors, but he was decent and I think he only lost once the whole tourney. The only thing is that he eliminated one of my friends in top 8, and my other friend in Grand Finals.

Being a guy that decided to lose first round in the tourney because I'm a huge choker, I challenged him to a BO5 after he won, and bet my $5 in exchange for regaining the pride and avenged my friends. I ended up winning the set although the matches were close-ish, so of course people were a bit confused that the last place dude beat the champion. Doesn't change the fact that a Robin actually won something :secretkpop:

D

Deleted member

I came across a Link in FG who knew some tech like Gale Guarding, moved decently well and whatnot.

The poor kid had bad fundamentals though, so I 2-stocked him 4 times out of 4 times. (Link Ditto)

Fundamentals > Character Tech.

Last edited by a moderator:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
I love utilt chaining with Toon Link on FG, especially against characters with a counter. I came across this one Shulk (RTH) who I unfortunately utilt/usmashed for ~40% until I go bored and used a charged usmash after he countered.
This is why DI exists, kids.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
GG @ smokebomb12 smokebomb12 . This was a MU I was very uncomfortable with so thanks for the practice. Any tips to play against Link? I'm having a hard time trying to get the ko outside of edgeguarding situations.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

GG @ smokebomb12 smokebomb12 . This was a MU I was very uncomfortable with so thanks for the practice. Any tips to play against Link? I'm having hard time trying to get the ko outside of edgeguarding situations.
Powershield for years.

Link's projectiles have little to no shield pressure excluding a fully charged arrow, and bombs are the only things that can outprioritize Robin's projectiles. And powershielding completely negates the shield pressure anyways.

Uair is your primary tool for KOs in most situations outside of a roll-read D-Smash because Link is fairly easy to juggle and a well timed Uair will at least trade with Link's Dair, that is if he goes for it, if he doesn't well than just read the airdodge or other option and attempt it then since Robin's Uair is legendary.

Robin's other Smash Attacks are of course quite unsafe to go for unless you get a read.

Play me on Monday or Tuesday if you're available.

Last edited by a moderator:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
GG @ smokebomb12 smokebomb12 . This was a MU I was very uncomfortable with so thanks for the practice. Any tips to play against Link? I'm having hard time trying to get the ko outside of edgeguarding situations.
Links one of Links main problems is when he is being combed in the air. His only options are to Nair, Dair or to air dodge. You should have kept throwing Uairs and tried reading my air dodges with them. In our matches, Arc fire is good, but you used it for defense mostly. You should have mixed up with some offence protocols. Also you grab to much. Also power shielding can be dash grabbed so don't try it. Plus it takes so much precision.
You are very good when it comes to offstage battle. Any Robin tips?
@The Soulless One want to play?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Links one of Links main problems is when he is being combed in the air. His only options are to Nair, Dair or to air dodge. You should have kept throwing Uairs and tried reading my air dodges with them. In our matches, Arc fire is good, but you used it for defense mostly. You should have mixed up with some offence protocols. Also you grab to much.
You are very good when it comes to offstage battle.
Going to bed very soon.

Monday or Tuesday.

@Nah let me know what time Monday or Tuesday would work best for you if you're available then.

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Could someone help me find some symbols from various tomes in Awakening that look cool? Adding them to my Red Robin controller, sanded down the buttons, so I can put designs on A, B, X and Y, as well as the face of the controller (as well as the rest of the controller).

Some assistance would be lovely ^^

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Powershield for years.

Link's projectiles have little to no shield pressure excluding a fully charged arrow, and bombs are the only things that can outprioritize Robin's projectiles. And powershielding completely negates the shield pressure anyways.

Uair is your primary tool for KOs in most situations outside of a roll-read D-Smash because Link is fairly easy to juggle and a well timed Uair will at least trade with Link's Dair, that is if he goes for it, if he doesn't well than just read the airdodge or other option and attempt it then since Robin's Uair is legendary.

Robin's other Smash Attacks are of course quite unsafe to go for unless you get a read.

Play me on Monday or Tuesday if you're available.
I should be. Just mention something here if you wanna play on those days.
Links one of Links main problems is when he is being combed in the air. His only options are to Nair, Dair or to air dodge. You should have kept throwing Uairs and tried reading my air dodges with them. In our matches, Arc fire is good, but you used it for defense mostly. You should have mixed up with some offence protocols. Also you grab to much. Also power shielding can be dash grabbed so don't try it. Plus it takes so much precision.
You are very good when it comes to offstage battle. Any Robin tips?
So let's say I don't powershield but regular shield a boomarang at around Robin's ftilt or jab, would I be able to punish you with those moves if you try to pull out a bomb?

As for Robin tips, if you recover to the ledge with zair, it would actually be a bit harder for me to nair gimp you unless I do it early. When you get hit by wind jab, you should actually be able to escape it relatively early just di-ing up and away and possibly mashing jump. Also, respect speed elthunder a bit more. There were times when you either turning away or pulling out a bomb and I just sniped you for it.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
@ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal any Tips on Robin?

How to play Robin?

How to fight Robin?

How fight Robin with Shulk?

What customs you were using?

Also speaking of,

Normal thunder would of faired better than your customs because normal Thoron has multiple hit boxes to hit Link even if I hylian shield.

I should be. Just mention something here if you wanna play on those days.

So let's say I don't powershield but regular shield a boomarang at around Robin's ftilt or jab, would I be able to punish you with those moves if you try to pull out a bomb?
It all comes down to how close you are and how well you know the link. Cause bombs can be thrown quickly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yes.

Link's boomerang has low cooldown on throw but his bomb pull has some notable startup.

You could get a Dash Grab, Tilt, or anything relatively quick if Link attempts Boomerang -> Bomb Pull without some sort of movement away in between or during the bomb pull.

Hell if Link is close enough you could potentially connect with Robin's F-Smash if you do it immediately.

Top Bottom