• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Excuse me for a moment, I need to rant positively / vent my emotions for a moment.

Gwyn's theme.

Just...****.

Gwyn's theme.

This is not fun to listen to. It's actually physically painful to listen to. It's a discordant mess that, in theory and in practice, does not work. It's just awful.

And that's why it's so damn good.

It sounds fine at first. A nice, tranquil piano piece that resonates with melancholic charm; sad and soothing in equal measure.

Then you realise that, when you take everything together and the tune keeps playing over and over and over and over into infinity, it just becomes ever more discordant and terrifying.

And yet, somehow, even more wonderful.

It's a trial to endure it to the end. You feel Gwyn's suffering. This is raw, furious stuff. This is the work of a mad genius. You can hear the madness and the despair in Gwyn's voiceless whispers. It's a terrible, melancholic symphony that makes you suffer for its art. It's worth it in the end, though. It feels wonderful to get to the end and know that, somehow, you survived this.

You get to live.

You have to carry this forever.

The tune ends, the cords disappear, but the echoes carry on.

You did this.

You heard this.

You get to live with this.
Dark Souls is one of those games that, literally, change your life. There are few games here and there that match it. It is like Metroid in the vain that the whole story is yours. You pieced it together. You lived in it. You suffered through it. When you get to the end you feel this over whelming since of accomplishment and sorrow. I know how you feel, I beat Bloodborne a couple months back and it gives me the same emotions Dark Souls did.
Edit: Oops, quoted the wrong post...

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I still haven't played any of the souls games yet. I really should since I think I would enjoy the style of the games.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I doubt anyone cares but if you guys wanna see a Goku vs Superman rematch on Screwattack they are live streaming it in 5 minutes

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
How can die something that doesn't have a life?
Srly, what do you mean?
In English, we call the length of time a battery lasts for its "life" (I think Italian, Spanish, etc. call it the "duration" of the battery). So it follows from that that, if a battery is about to expire, we describe it as "dying", and if it's expired (and you can't turn on the thing it's powering), the battery (and by extension, the thing itself) is "dead".

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
It's okay. :3

Thanks for the help, everyone! I really appreciate it~
Anytime, Win.

^ Mr. Red's got a point you can tell us fellow tacters we'll find a way to help you :)

I can try to help too
Preach it.

Other than I ain't old enough for Mr. yet.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Hey Weeman Weeman , still need someone to talk to?

If you need me, I got your back.
Ok then.
When i was a child, i had no friends, so i decided to make an imaginary friend.
He was called Kenith, and he was a gatherer.
We had wonderful times together, but then, one day, i was mad at some guys in school who called me inmature, so i went home and did my math homework, pissed.
Then i realized, Kenith was no more, he was gone.
Still to this day i cannot forgive myself for letting Kenith be forgotten, and i cry myself to sleep.
Even worse, there's this user who lurks around these boards with the name of my friend, and i get so scared when i see him, like a ghost following me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

BTW, I bought Ultra Street Fighter 4. I will get it by Friday.
Also Capcom, let me download your games please.

Why did you not spoiler that bruh?
Because you said you won $30 and I saw which character you said you thought would win. So, I checked it again and saw what your choice was. :p

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
BTW, I bought Ultra Street Fighter 4. I will get it by Friday.
Also Capcom, let me download your games please.

Because you said you won $30 and I saw which character you said you thought would win. So, I checked it again and saw what your choice was. :p
Dude Bro.
First post was my guess.

second post I never said who won. I just said I won 30$

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Heard today that my brother may make it to the Irish power rankings.

He's only been to one official tournament.

Damn, son.

When you're good, you're good~

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Heard today that my brother may make it to the Irish power rankings.

He's only been to one official tournament.

Damn, son.

When you're good, you're good~
Wow congrats to your brother :drohyou:

And I have a feeling I should talk more here...

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Nothing's set in stone yet, just that he spoke to Skarfelt (number 2 in Ireland), who has heard "hype things about him" and is eager to play him. Skar told him that, if he keeps it up and challenges a few of the top guys in the country, he could make it to the rankings just by general agreement.

He did recently knock down the sixth-best player in the country at a tourney. Apparently the guy dropped three places in part due to that. Word gets 'round quick in a small country like this.

On another note: my brother calls himself "The Silver Smasher", as he consistently places second in every tourney he enters.

Including Smash games he dislikes (i.e. Project M).

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
So today was North American Splatfest of Roller Coasters vs. Water Slides. I was on team Roller Coasters. After four hours of playing I got Roller Coaster King. I also spent those four hours getting Port Mackerel shoved down my throat.

The Conclusions? Port Mackerel sucks ass. And ****. At the same time.

It's basically a hallway where eight Inklings charge each other and explode. All you can do is hope that your Inkling doesn't go pop.

From now on, Splatoon stages will be rated on a scale from Port Mackerel to 10.

Can I get me some Skate Park now? As well as some Underpass?

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Meanwhile, I beat the guy who won the Cork tournament 2-0 in Galway, and yet I don't even get an honourable mention.
Oh well, I'll just have to change that next weekend in Dublin. ;P

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Meanwhile, I beat the guy who won the Cork tournament 2-0 in Galway, and yet I don't even get an honourable mention.
Oh well, I'll just have to change that next weekend in Dublin. ;P
The Sonic main?

My brother got to grand finals with him at Road to Celtic Throwdown 2 in Cork and just said he had no interest in fighting Sonic. Came close, apparently, though he was tired at that stage and just wanted chicken and love (not necessarily in that order).

You going to Celtic Throwdown? My bro might be there, he got seeded into the event. His name is Alexander, tag Formaldehyde, if you meet him!

Top Bottom