• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Hey guys, can someone please explain to me why people think that Young Link's chances are below Pichu?

I mean, I found this "joke" today and I just-

just....

Look, i now Snake Wolf and Ice Climbers have a better chance than Y.Link but seriously, the way some people treat the little guy.
Probably because Young Link is so damn close to Toon Link it's ridiculous. And heck, we lost Young Link TO Toon Link. I don't like it either. I think TLink is a douche and would much prefer YLink. But what are you gonna do? Toon replaced Young in between Melee and and Brawl. Unless they maybe decide to dig into Hyrule Warriors to REALLY differentiate him, I honestly think people will continue to see Young Link as a joke on the ballot. He's not just another clone (ALA Wolf and Lucas), he'd be a literal duplication. Clones at least have tweaks to differentiate themselves (look at Fox and Falco). YLink probably wouldn't unless, again, they dug into Hyrule Warriors. But people can be stupid, and they don't see that.

Last edited:

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Yoooooooooo

Guess what today is.

Official Scale Tipping Day.

On a completely different topic, I'd like to extend a massive thank you to the Robin sisters who joined yesterday's CAH games. While it was unfortunate that we had to end the games on a sorrowful note, it was such an incredibly fun experience and a pleasure playing with you gorls. Again, thank you so much. I probably sound really sappy over playing a card game with some people on the internet, but it really did make my day.

I've recovered (somewhat) from yesterday's heartbreaking news, so as promised, I'll share a few of many great rounds that I've managed to screencap:

The Zeldas do plan on making games on Xyzzy a regular thing on the weekends, so feel free to come in and play with us! :D

On a completely different topic, I'd like to extend a massive thank you to the Robin sisters who joined yesterday's CAH games. While it was unfortunate that we had to end the games on a sorrowful note, it was such an incredibly fun experience and a pleasure playing with you gorls. Again, thank you so much. I probably sound really sappy over playing a card game with some people on the internet, but it really did make my day.

:D
I just came for the salad :^)
I never got my salad :^(

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Today's the day!
Monado Tuesday

Somebody's gotta post it:

Here's to the next 12 months of Gematsu slaying, ship sailing, and scale tipping!

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Probably because Young Link is so damn close to Toon Link it's ridiculous. And heck, we lost Young Link TO Toon Link. I don't like it either. I think TLink is a douche and would much prefer YLink. But what are you gonna do? Toon replaced Young in between Melee and and Brawl. Unless they maybe decide to dig into Hyrule Warriors to REALLY differentiate him, I honestly think people will continue to see Young Link as a joke on the ballot. He's not just another clone (ALA Wolf and Lucas), he'd be a literal duplication. Clones at least have tweaks to differentiate themselves (look at Fox and Falco). YLink probably wouldn't unless, again, they dug into Hyrule Warriors. But people can be stupid, and they don't see that.
Or if they used somethings from Majora's Mask.

Anyway, I can still speak my mind about Young Link and hope for the best. Maybe if Crash or Rayman are announce then I'll feel a little less salty, but until, I still want my Young Link back.

Though you're right. Some people can be stupid.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Today's the day!
Monado Tuesday

Here's to the next 12 months of Gematsu slaying, ship sailing, and scale tipping!
Well over here, it's still July 13th, but ah what the hell. :p

I'M STILL LAUGHING OVER HERE GEMATSU ZEALOTS, BECAUSE ROBIN IS PLAYABLE IN SUPER SMASH BROS., YEAH!

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Today's the day!
Monado Tuesday

To be honest I can't take this reveal trailer seriously after watching this:

To be honest I can't take this reveal trailer seriously after watching this:

Now B-gorl, I'll have you know that I live for things like this. When I say that, I mean that the video is a bag in the wind for filthy casuals compared to other wonderful Montage Parodies I've seen. Kind of like "Flappy Dank" (Not for the faint of heart.)
Also, I can NEVER listen to rap the same way after hearing this:
That has changed my life forever :^)

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Now B-gorl, I'll have you know that I live for things like this. When I say that, I mean that the video is a bag in the wind for filthy casuals compared to other wonderful Montage Parodies I've seen. Kind of like "Flappy Dank" (Not for the faint of heart.)
Are you telling me that you live for filthy casual MLG parodies? :secretkpop:

Fun fact: I actually think most MLG parodies are stupid tbh. Suprise.

Also I live for Pepe the Frog and dumb vaporwave. Where did my life go so right

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

I've recovered (somewhat) from yesterday's heartbreaking news, so as promised, I'll share a few of many great rounds that I've managed to screencap:

The Zeldas do plan on making games on Xyzzy a regular thing on the weekends, so feel free to come in and play with us! :D
Absolutely! That was tons of fun, and we'll definitely have to do it again some time!
Hey guys, can someone please explain to me why people think that Young Link's chances are below Pichu?

I mean, I found this "joke" today and I just-

just....

Look, i now Snake Wolf and Ice Climbers have a better chance than Y.Link but seriously, the way some people treat the little guy.
I think some of it has to do with the fact that it's another Link. Even if they are from different games, timelines, and stories they are all still considered Link. Other clones don't have that stigma. For example, Lucina is a clone of Marth, but she's a unique character personality wise. We don't need three Links running around. Not even Mario, the face of Nintendo, gets that kind of treatment. Three variations of a single character is just overkill, especially in a series with as many interesting and diverse characters as The Legend of Zelda. Why in Naga's name anyone wants that Pikachu rip-off trendsetter back is far beyond me.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So I'm trying to get myself to play more patiently. Last night it went really well.

Tonight...not so much. If I could stop getting frustrated and feeling like I have to make an opening happen...

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
It seems like the Cordelia figure is coming close to its final form; she looks so pretty Embarrass

It'll be another 3000 years before we get her and Lucina

@ Milo AKA Papa Milo AKA Papa
I see you're sporting a Lloyd avatar, good choice!
Actually, I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on the Tales series (favourite game, characters, music etc) I'm always up for Tales discussion!
Also, enjoy this pic I found featuring some of the Tales cast

This pic is amazing, I love it

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Actually, I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on the Tales series (favourite game, characters, music etc) I'm always up for Tales discussion!

Tales Of-fan right here. Dunno where to go off, except that haven't bothered playin' Phantasia to the end since maybe year and half ago.

Tales Of-fan right here. Dunno where to go off, except that haven't bothered playin' Phantasia to the end since maybe year and half ago.
Quoting a post I made earlier because I'm too lazy to type it again
The newer Tales games haven't interested me as much as some of the older games have.
So far, I've played (from favourite to least favourite and the characters I use)

Tales of Symphonia (Gamecube) (Lloyd/Genis)
Tales of The Abyss (3DS) (Guy/Tear)
Tales of Phantasia (GBA) (Arche)
Tales of Symphonia Dawn of The New World (Wii) (Marta)
Tales of Innocence (DS) (Spada)

I really want to play Tales of Vesperia, but I don't have an Xbox

D

Deleted member

HAPPY SCALE TIPPING DAY / GEMATSU SLAYING DAY!
That was one amazing day, last year. I remember like it was yesterday.

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink

Tales of Symphonia is one of my favorite RPGs of all time. I've played Vesperia and Abyss, but couldn't get into either (and Dawn of a New World, but the less I say about that game the better). In the case of the later, it was primarily because of how much I unrepentantly wanted to punch Abyss' protagonist.

I've heard people defend Luke's personality saying, "He becomes nice when he cuts his hair", and "He's supposed to be a jerk at first", but: A. I absolutely hate the 'this character/game gets better' claim, especially when it's in regard to a 40+ hour RPG, and B. You can have a protagonist who's an asshole, but still likeable or at least compelling prior to developing as a character, or even without any development at all. For crying out loud, Travis Touchdown is one of my favorite protagonists of all time, and any of Luke's stuck-up, dip-****tery is nothing compared to Travis.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Today's the day!
Monado Tuesday

I... I... was going to post the video at the time that video came up. I was even going to include an image that said "This day in History" but you beat me to it...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Here you have the one Guidance that I believe is on par with Snake's codecs.

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210

ABOUT TO GO IN RIGHT NWO
I LISTeD MY FAVORITE FOR JUST ABOTU EVERYTHING
warning this is my favorite game series ever and I'm very passionate about this so long spoiler is long
also #UNPOPULAR OPINIONS but I Iove Dawn Of The New World more than I do Symphonia :')
MY Favorite Characters (Which is ironically not Lloyd, I just like this picture of him)
Zelos Wilder

And Raven

I'm actually a sucker for all of the comedy relief characters in the series, but these two I just got the most character development and I just loved 'em, so favorites :') but hey shout outs to Cheria for being hecka cute

NOW FOR MUSIC, THIS IS A TOUGHIE, BUT I NARROWED IT DOWN TO THE TOP 3 OST(to be fair there isn't a OST from the series I don't like however)
FURY SPARKS BEING THE ULTIMATE JAM

Meaning of Birth hitting my feels

And also Mirrors BECAUSE FEELS FJDSKF A

My Favorite game is Vesperia, with Abyss coming in at a VERY CLOSE second. Vesperia's battle system, story and characters just get to me. I don't know what it is. I've replays and beat it at least 15 times so far. Abyss was one of the first games I was exposed to as I started to understand that games could have deep stories and meaning. And because I was so young when I played it and didn't realize this could happen, I actually cried playing this the first time.

Favorite mystic, visually is Alexei's Brilliant cataclysm. It just looks amazing!

Also, shout-out to Jade's indignation because that's just cool, and so is what he says

Also throwing out my favorite city because I love it so much I have it set as my location on most sites :')

FAVORITE MOMENTS FROM THE SERIES
putting this in spoilers because STORY SPOILER WARNING
Zelos's betrayal & fight

Raven's betrayal & fight (Oh god, why are my favorite characters the ones that betray you ;-;)

And this hecka cute scene from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the new world :'))))
I probably added too much information tbh, but if you want to know anything else I might have left out let me know :')
Until then have these two cross over pictures that I just absolutely love so much

I think PS3 fan translation for Vesperia has been finished times ago, I think?
There is a fan translation out, yes. Not sure how good it actually is though

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

I personally disagree in the minority here - but eh, I must be the very few who dislikes this guidance as a Chrom-fan.

I think the JPN version felt more funnier for being more reactionary from the characters (specifically Chrom), and not turning him into bitter brooder who can be messed with without little consequence. This one just rides on the salt that keeps toxicfying Smash Bros-games due the American script butt-monkeying those who didn't make it (as opposed to Sakurai just saying Chrom wouldn't have worked due similarity, but let's him keep his chivalrousness for less obvious yank-the-chain-reaction in the end.)

But just my overly written opinions.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
It seems like the Cordelia figure is coming close to its final form; she looks so pretty Embarrass

and I was lucky enough to get her keychain at a good price just now, huzzah.
I believe it's only available until certain version of the ps3 though, if you update it, you are kinda screwed on using it.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I personally disagree in the minority here - but eh, I must be the very few who dislikes this guidance as a Chrom-fan.
Of course a Chrom fan would dislike the Guidance. :rolleyes:

Look on the bright side.

You're not a Ridley-fan the same way you are with Chrom.

Because Rids got jokes(from Nintendo themselves mind you) that make the Guidance look like small-talk and has what is seen as the most controversial subject matter in Smash.

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651

A friend once lend me Dawn of the New World and that game made me interested in the Tales series, before that I only heard about them and knew that they were goods JRPGs, now I love the series. I played Abyss on the 3DS and with that same friend we managed to get Tales of Symphonia and we played that game together and only when we met to play it, it was hard to not play it when I was at home. We kinda took like all the second half of the year but we managed to finish it. Now I'm thinking on pre ordering Vesperia on Steam so I can get the HD version of Symphonia.

The thing that I love about this game are the cast, the characters are really well done, maybe some characters could lack compared to anothers but still are better than a lot of characters in other games, my favorite one is Jade from Abyss, he's just badass.

Hell, at first I was indiferent to this but now I want it...but only god knos when this is going to come out.

Last edited:
Don't have a PS3 either :sadsheep:
Tales of Symphonia is one of my favorite RPGs of all time. I've played Vesperia and Abyss, but couldn't get into either (and Dawn of a New World, but the less I say about that game the better). In the case of the later, it was primarily because of how much I unrepentantly wanted to punch Abyss' protagonist.

I've heard people defend Luke's personality saying, "He becomes nice when he cuts his hair", and "He's supposed to be a jerk at first", but: A. I absolutely hate the 'this character/game gets better' claim, especially when it's in regard to a 40+ hour RPG, and B. You can have a protagonist who's an *******, but still likeable or at least compelling prior to developing as a character, or even without any development at all. For crying out loud, Travis Touchdown is one of my favorite protagonists of all time, and any of Luke's stuck-up, dip-****tery is nothing compared to Travis.
Yeah, I agree with your opinion of DOTNW, there's a lot of things I don't like about it (still a decent game though)
At first, I didn't like Luke but he does grow on me throughout the story. My favourite character from Abyss would definitely be Jade. HE'S AWESOME!
ABOUT TO GO IN RIGHT NWO
I LISTeD MY FAVORITE FOR JUST ABOTU EVERYTHING
warning this is my favorite game series ever and I'm very passionate about this so long spoiler is long
also #UNPOPULAR OPINIONS but I Iove Dawn Of The New World more than I do Symphonia :')
MY Favorite Characters (Which is ironically not Lloyd, I just like this picture of him)
Zelos Wilder

And Raven

I'm actually a sucker for all of the comedy relief characters in the series, but these two I just got the most character development and I just loved 'em, so favorites :') but hey shout outs to Cheria for being hecka cute

NOW FOR MUSIC, THIS IS A TOUGHIE, BUT I NARROWED IT DOWN TO THE TOP 3 OST(to be fair there isn't a OST from the series I don't like however)
FURY SPARKS BEING THE ULTIMATE JAM

Meaning of Birth hitting my feels

And also Mirrors BECAUSE FEELS FJDSKF A

My Favorite game is Vesperia, with Abyss coming in at a VERY CLOSE second. Vesperia's battle system, story and characters just get to me. I don't know what it is. I've replays and beat it at least 15 times so far. Abyss was one of the first games I was exposed to as I started to understand that games could have deep stories and meaning. And because I was so young when I played it and didn't realize this could happen, I actually cried playing this the first time.

Favorite mystic, visually is Alexei's Brilliant cataclysm. It just looks amazing!

Also, shout-out to Jade's indignation because that's just cool, and so is what he says

Also throwing out my favorite city because I love it so much I have it set as my location on most sites :')

FAVORITE MOMENTS FROM THE SERIES
putting this in spoilers because STORY SPOILER WARNING
Zelos's betrayal & fight

Raven's betrayal & fight (Oh god, why are my favorite characters the ones that betray you ;-;)

And this hecka cute scene from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the new world :'))))
I probably added too much information tbh, but if you want to know anything else I might have left out let me know :')
Until then have these two cross over pictures that I just absolutely love so much

OMG, you are now my favourite person on Smashboards. If I had to choose, the Tales series would probably be my fave too!
Here's my list
Favourite Characters Male and Female
Lloyd Irving (Surprise surprise)

Rita Mordio (Even though I haven't played the game, she just seems awesome)

YES Fury Sparks is amazing, it's my second favourite:
#1 Fighting of the spirit

#3 The edge of a decision

I'm pretty sure if I played Vesperia it would either be my first or second favourite game
I don't have a favourite Mystic Arte or City, might have a think later

Favourite scene? That's a toughie, I'll probably go for when Lloyd finds out Kratos is his dad.
What do you think of the newer games? i.e Xillia and Zestria?
I'll let you know if I want to know anything else. Feel free to ask me anything anytime! :happysheep:
A friend once lend me Dawn of the New World and that game made me interested in the Tales series, before that I only heard about them and new that they were goods JRPGs, now I love the series. I played Abyss on the 3DS and with that same friend we managed to get Tales of Symphonia and we played that game together and only when we met to play it, it was hard to not play it when I was at home. We kinda took like all the second half of the year but we managed to finish it. Now I'm thinking on pre ordering Vesperia on Steam so I can get the HD version of Symphonia.

The thing that I love about this game are the cast, the characters are really well done, maybe some characters could lack compared to anothers but still are better than a lot of characters in other games, my favorite one is Jade from Abyss, he's just badass.
Woo! Another Tales fan! I absolutely ADORE the series. When I'm older and have money, I'll definitely buy Vesperia and the HD remake of Symphonia.
Jade is an awesome character, he's so funny and as you said badass!

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
The Chrom and Gematsu's fall was a beautiful day... I don't really like Robin, but I prefer him anyday above Chrom.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Today's the day!
Monado Tuesday

I woke up to that news. That day was a good day for me cause both of my most wanted newcomers came in the game in one trailer. I was soo happy :) .

I enjoyed that guidance actually too bad I'm straight butt at trying to activate them which is weird cause I had no problem doing the Snake and Star Fox ones in previous games.

Also @ Raziek Raziek you nerd IDK if I asked you or not but how you feeling about Evo right now and whose in your pool, a robo genie gator whose a space pheasant tactician needs to know?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I actually registered an account for this site on the day Robin was revealed. I was a Shulk supporter but I was very satisfied with Robin. c: his trailer is actually one of my favorites.

Ps. Hi guys.

Also don't expect me to play Robin against any of you I cannot play Robin to save my life.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

I'm a big fan of the series, even though I haven't finished even one. Don't get me wrong I love the series, I'm just bad about finishing games, which is probably why my backlog will be the death of me, lol. The games I've played are Symphonia (rented a long time ago), Abyss (bought on PS2), Graces f (bought), and Xillia (also bought). Currently I'm playing through Graces f.

As for favorite things, my favorite game so far has been Xillia, and my favorite character is Milla. Real original and diverse, I know :p. As for music, I haven't heard enough of them to point out a specific song or two.
The Chrom and Gematsu's fall was a beautiful day... I don't really like Robin, but I prefer him anyday above Chrom.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Also @ Raziek Raziek you nerd IDK if I asked you or not but how you feeling about Evo right now and whose in your pool, a robo genie gator whose a space pheasant tactician needs to know?
I don't really have many big threats in my pool.

There's Lord Sturm, who is a midwest Yoshi, but based on vids I think I can whomp him. There's also choknater, who's a Melee ICs, but doesn't seem to play much Smash 4. Fourside is apparently a Ness who plays with Nakat a lot.

Other than that there isn't really anybody known in my pool itself. I should be pretty good to get to Wave 2 Round 2, at which point I have to play 8Bitman or Nakat probably.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I don't really have many big threats in my pool.

There's Lord Sturm, who is a midwest Yoshi, but based on vids I think I can whomp him. There's also choknater, who's a Melee ICs, but doesn't seem to play much Smash 4. Fourside is apparently a Ness who plays with Nakat a lot.

Other than that there isn't really anybody known in my pool itself. I should be pretty good to get to Wave 2 Round 2, at which point I have to play 8Bitman or Nakat probably.
Sounds about right. Lord Sturm is ok and Choknater I didn't even know he plays/ dabbles in this game and as for Fourside I knew he sounded familiar. Still though can't sleep on the no names either please don't choke man I don't wanna see you lose to some cookie cutter stuff and dumb custom cheese.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm a big fan of the series, even though I haven't finished even one. Don't get me wrong I love the series, I'm just bad about finishing games, which is probably why my backlog will be the death of me, lol. The games I've played are Symphonia (rented a long time ago), Abyss (bought on PS2), Graces f (bought), and Xillia (also bought). Currently I'm playing through Graces f.

As for favorite things, my favorite game so far has been Xillia, and my favorite character is Milla. Real original and diverse, I know :p. As for music, I haven't heard enough of them to point out a specific song or two.
I know the feel, my backlog is insane, especially for JRPGs...

Top Bottom