• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I don't bother with the Pranking feature, let alone acknowledge it tbh

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
So is it true that the Nohr version (or whatever the hell it's called over here) actually sucks? I've been hearing some negative rumblings about it. Haven't heard anything about the Hoshido version yet though.
The Story of various events in Nohr is problematic (even to the point where the Treehouse footage that we saw actually changed stuff to make more sense in terms of motivation, actually makes me have confidence that the localization might fix all the issues anyway and this problem won't even exist when the game comes over anyway). However the Actual gameplay and almost all the characters are top notch in terms of variety and level design and the game is really, really hard but balanced, not a whole lot of RNG nonsense outside the usual FE fare on higher difficulties (do NOT do Lunatic Nohr on your first run). Japanese hoshido and the third path is still a more heart warming story (though very sad at times) though that makes more sense.

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I know that feel, man. Two days ago, while battling agianst the destroyer fo worlds @ Koiba Koiba , I told "come on" in italian.
100th post! :happysheep:

And I'm still pranked.

How long is a month? :emptysheep:
Oh so that what it means?

Okay :halfsheep:

And I think my :4jigglypuff: was the only one that bodied you. You took everything else pretty fine

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Congrats.

Now the question is: Who's gonna be your first prank victim? ;)

Unless you're a nice person like me and don't prank people. :)
The thought had crossed my mind, but I don't have any real plans to make use of it. Just wanted mah Greninja background, plus no ads and increased sig/avatar sizes are pretty nice.

And of course, custom titles! :chuckle:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
The thought had crossed my mind, but I don't have any real plans to make use of it. Just wanted mah Greninja background, plus no ads and increased sig/avatar sizes are pretty nice.

And of course, custom titles! :chuckle:
Custom titles are where it's at.

I personally get the most enjoyment from the bigger avatar size for obvious reasons but all the benefits are great.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
@ Nah Nah : Sorry for all my stupid SDs. I must say, this is some of the most intense play I've had in a while.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Overall, I've been enjoying these battles. I feel like I'm at least learning some stuff compared to on For Roll mode.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
No Cordelia?

Do they have some of the children characters at least?
There's a keychain for just about every major Awakening character, but they are from older sets and they are kinda rare now (Cordelia costed 30 on ebay plus like 16 of shipping...no thanks). Don't think getting the antagonists is that hard or pricey though, nobody seems to want them.

D

Deleted member

I was pranked once, I became a Premium member when I was, however.

I AM REBORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Also where do I go to add a character portrait to my background for posts?)
Nice!
Welcome to the Premium crew!

I don't bother with the Pranking feature, let alone acknowledge it tbh
I've only used it a couple of times, though I don't care for it too much.
Also, your signature kinda creeps me out. Hahaha!

I couldn't resist

Too bad it has no Cordi or Nah though :<
Nice!

@ Koiba Koiba
Koiba-:4jigglypuff: :4ganondorf:-Nameless Nothingness
SHE KILLED ME THREE TIMES WITHOUT DYING GEEZ.

karma-tsktsk.gif

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.
That is only just an exception. An average month long period on any website is 30 days, regardless if there is an extra day in the month or there are less days.
The amount of time you are Pranked is exactly 30 days... which is enough to make anyone go insane.
karma-badmood.gif

Nah

Smash Champion
Overall, I've been enjoying these battles. I feel like I'm at least learning some stuff compared to on For Roll mode.
Well, glad to see that someone's getting something outta fighting me

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
LOL, that stage hax. I haven't had that happen to me since the GCN days.....

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
@ WindHero WindHero One more and then that's enough for today?
Sounds good. Good games!

Well, I had a lot of fun. I think I saw some of my flaws, and tried adapting, but I'm not very consistent.
Did you notice any particularly glaring flaws in my playstyle?

I see that I've been playing Shulk so much later I forgot how to Greninja, lol.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Custom titles are where it's at.

I personally get the most enjoyment from the bigger avatar size for obvious reasons but all the benefits are great.
Damn right! Nothing against the normal Smash Boards titles, but I like to add my own creative flair!
Nice!
Welcome to the Premium crew!
Thanks!:happysheep:

Nah

Smash Champion
Well, I had a lot of fun. I think I saw some of my flaws, and tried adapting, but I'm not very consistent.
Did you notice any particularly glaring flaws in my playstyle?

I see that I've been playing Shulk so much later I forgot how to Greninja, lol.
Hmmm.....honestly I'm not sure what to tell you. If you saved any of the replays it might be good to post those and see what other people think, but there's a few little things I can tell you:

-Never airdodge when Marth/Lucina hits you with Jab 1. That's basically giving a free hit.
-Try to get better at selecting your Monado mode faster. There were times it took you a few seconds to select one and that gives me breathing room, time to charge Thoron, etc.
-Use more retreating aerials+space better. I don't really remember you using any retreating aerials in our matches. One of Shulk's big strengths is his redonkculous disjointed range, but a lot of his aerials have not so good end lag. Just about everyone has to get way closer to you than you have to get to them, so good spacing and retreating aerials help you hit people and stay safer.

idk

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
There's a keychain for just about every major Awakening character, but they are from older sets and they are kinda rare now (Cordelia costed 30 on ebay plus like 16 of shipping...no thanks). Don't think getting the antagonists is that hard or pricey though, nobody seems to want them.
WEAAAAKKKKKKK. Oh well i wonder if they do ones for not Awakening like FE9 and 10 though?

Also got done playing on Anther's and finally got a nair stage gimp with Robin yeeessss.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
WEAAAAKKKKKKK. Oh well i wonder if they do ones for not Awakening like FE9 and 10 though?

Also got done playing on Anther's and finally got a nair stage gimp with Robin yeeessss.
Probably not, the Tellius saga time has gone by and they're already producing Fates keychains.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Hmmm.....honestly I'm not sure what to tell you. If you saved any of the replays it might be good to post those and see what other people think, but there's a few little things I can tell you:

-Never airdodge when Marth/Lucina hits you with Jab 1. That's basically giving a free hit.
-Try to get better at selecting your Monado mode faster. There were times it took you a few seconds to select one and that gives me breathing room, time to charge Thoron, etc.
-Use more retreating aerials+space better. I don't really remember you using any retreating aerials in our matches. One of Shulk's big strengths is his redonkculous disjointed range, but a lot of his aerials have not so good end lag. Just about everyone has to get way closer to you than you have to get to them, so good spacing and retreating aerials help you hit people and stay safer.

idk
Hmm, good to know. Indeed, the only time I even thought of trying a retreating aerial, I accidentally hit B instead of A, doing something stupid. Another thing: I miss techs a lot. And I mean a LOT. Toward the end, especially whenever we were on Arena Ferox, I got more into teching, but it still was not super common. Man, Backslash SD was too strong in those battles... I honestly don't know why I was doing it so much, my average is only twice per hour. :p
While your Falco is good, I definitely see that Robin is your best. That first battle made me feel like a helpless scrub, haha. Least I turned it around next time.

I'll keep practicing those retreating aerials, and I also need to get into the habit of using MALLC.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Why people make awesome things for these stuff when I have no money?

There's one for every smash character, too.
source

btw, with the frequency I post merchandise of other people here in this thread, I believe I should be paid for doing it, too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom