• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yes.

I think I must have acquired all of the possible Hero Crests because I was able to promote every single base unit that needs one, as well as every other base unit (without having to purchase more items from the Secret Shop in Chapter 29) excluding Heath, Lowen, Rath, Serra, and Nino, all of whom I stopped using because their stats were either falling behind or because they were too low a level with enemies that would have made it nasty for trying to grind them to level 20.

Heath and Rath were both level 9, Priscilla began outclassing Serra statistically before I even gave her the Afa's Drops, and Lowen was well behind both Kent and Sain when both were at level 13, Sain and Kent are now killing machines as Paladins, Sain is only level 5 and is already near his Strength and Speed caps, Kent is also nearing his Speed cap and has the Defense of a high level Knight (17, which I find absurd for a Paladin).

Of course for Nino I just didn't want to take the time to raise her to 20 because I had already committed to promoting Canas, Erk, Lucius and Priscilla and I didn't need a third Anima magic user that I would use (didn't use Pent, as I've mentioned).

On Chapter 30 now and I have to decide who gets left behind for Chapter 31 which is unfortunate because statistically everyone is in good shape.

Rebecca, Priscilla, and Dart are locks though because Dart and Rebecca are killing machines with an A Support and Priscilla has the heals. So are Sain and Kent, I think.

I really wish they didn't force me to bring Nils though, or at least that he didn't take up a slot. :\
I assume you must be playing on Normal, because you seem to be SWIMMING in Promo items. They're not nearly that common on hard.

Heath and Rath start underleveled, yes. IMHO, Heath is worth leveling, Rath is not. Heath is only worth it on HHM though, since he gets a sizable boost to his base stats. Those really help him take off and start doubling things extremely quickly. I almost always give the drops to him. Pic related:

Pris outclassing Serra is also really surprising to me. Serra has a gigantic starting level lead on her, especially if you did Lyn's mode. And Serra's growths are rock-solid and make her a very strong candidate for one of the first two Guiding Ring promotions, which makes her incredibly durable for Ch. 21 HHM (Oleg's Fog of War chap).

No real comments otherwise, other than that I think using Dorcas or Barte is a waste. You can get away with it on Normal, but on Hector Hard, your Axe users should be limited to Hector, Dart, Geitz, Harken, and Paladins/Oswin if you feel like it.

D

Deleted member

I assume you must be playing on Normal, because you seem to be SWIMMING in Promo items. They're not nearly that common on hard.

Heath and Rath start underleveled, yes. IMHO, Heath is worth leveling, Rath is not. Heath is only worth it on HHM though, since he gets a sizable boost to his base stats. Those really help him take off and start doubling things extremely quickly. I almost always give the drops to him. Pic related:

Pris outclassing Serra is also really surprising to me. Serra has a gigantic starting level lead on her, especially if you did Lyn's mode. And Serra's growths are rock-solid and make her a very strong candidate for one of the first two Guiding Ring promotions, which makes her incredibly durable for Ch. 21 HHM (Oleg's Fog of War chap).

No real comments otherwise, other than that I think using Dorcas or Barte is a waste. You can get away with it on Normal, but on Hector Hard, your Axe users should be limited to Hector, Dart, Geitz, Harken, and Paladins/Oswin if you feel like it.
Yes I am doing a Normal playthrough.

Yeah Priscilla was already statistically even with Serra for when she was 5 levels below her and before the Afa's Drops, that and the extra mobility + a much easier time getting supports made me run with her.

I'll probably do a HHM runthrough after I finish this run and after I purchase and beat Sacred Stones again.

I think I've implied it a bit but never explicitly stated that I'm one of those people that likes to level everyone if I reasonably can, which is why I've actually put time into Dorcas for this run.

The one exception for that would be Meg in RD.

Because she's Meg in RD.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
Yes I am doing a Normal playthrough.

Yeah Priscilla was already statistically even with Serra for when she was 5 levels below her and before the Afa's Drops, that and the extra mobility + a much easier time getting supports made me run with her.

I'll probably do a HHM runthrough after I finish this run and after I purchase and beat Sacred Stones again.

I think I've implied it a bit but never explicitly stated that I'm one of those people that likes to level everyone if I reasonably can, which is why I've actually put time into Dorcas for this run.

The one exception for that would be Meg in RD.

Because she's Meg in RD.
Fun Fact:
The first time I played RD, I missed Meg's recruitment (don't ask me how).
On my second run, she had incredible level ups, with ridicolous speed and resistance.
On the third playtrough... :089:

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Fun Fact:
The first time I played RD, I missed Meg's recruitment (don't ask me how).
On my second run, she had incredible level ups, with ridicolous speed and resistance.
On the third playtrough... :089:
I tried my utmost best to level Meg up in one of my playthroughs, but her recruitment is during the most awkward section of the game where it seems almost impossible to actually level her up without her getting killed one way or another. The Laguz units are lethal and she starts off as a rather slow unit who cannot even hit them.

That said, she's still a cutie

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, if I understand correctly, this thread has been overrun by...

Puns

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Meg is useless not because of her stats, but because of her join level and the enemies in the chapters after she joins. Same thing with Fiona.

But even still, who would want to use a unit that looks that stupid anyway?

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
I tried my utmost best to level Meg up in one of my playthroughs, but her recruitment is during the most awkward section of the game where it seems almost impossible to actually level her up without her getting killed one way or another. The Laguz units are lethal and she starts off as a rather slow unit who cannot even hit them.

That said, she's still a cutie
You're right. You say "she is so cute!" and then you see her head rolling in front of a cat laguz.
FIONA... i tried to forget that name.

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
:joyful:

I wanted to be there.

I think they were missing a few Chroms, Lissas and Fredericks

D

Deleted member

Holy... hell...

So, people are making puns, huh?
It's pretty Chromplicated to think that we have stooped this low, to even making ships! I Pikachu have all been doing and it's a very Serra-us issue. We don't kneed these puns!
You are all seriously Robin my time if you think you can Reyn on my parade with these. These jokes, I am not Onett with you guys.
Wanna make these jokes? Shoryuken! But, as Uxie, we should be talking about more important matters. I melee an eye or two on you all, but don't make any sort of Onix-pected puns.

The next time I come, it better be an Edgeworth of my time.

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
Holy... hell...

So, people are making puns, huh?
It's pretty Chromplicated to think that we have stooped this low, to even making ships! I Pikachu have all been doing and it's a very Serra-us issue. We don't kneed these puns!
You are all seriously Robin my time if you think you can Reyn on my parade with these. These jokes, I am not Onett with you guys.
Wanna make these jokes? Shoryuken! But, as Uxie, we should be talking about more important matters. I melee an eye or two on you all, but don't make any sort of Onix-pected puns.

The next time I come, it better be an Edgeworth of my time.
The work of a life.
@ Elezir Elezir She IS cute, but... ehm... she sucks.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
The last 4 pages of this thread in a nutshell: Chrom puns and RyomaxMarx

and how awful Meg is

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
The work of a life.
@ Elezir Elezir She IS cute, but... ehm... she sucks.
Ahh, indeed.
The timing of her recruitment is really bad. Fiona, too.
Her growths are passable, though, imo. The only level I fed her was ok'ish, not enough to make me go through Hell, tho.

Raz was saying she looks stupid, though, which I don't agree.

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
To be fair, I don't think any one Fire Emblem Character LOOKS stupid. They're all designed really well, for the most part.
With the exception of this black sheep
:troll:

Matsushi

True Blood
Even though she doesn't hold that much significance to my party, I always try my hardest not to let her die in all of my playthroughs. Her death quote is WAY too sad, and I just want her and Zihark to be happy together.

Though I much prefer Zihark and Ilyana.

Top Bottom