• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Nah

Smash Champion
I had almost forgotten how much I hate Pikachu on For Glory

And then one came along and reminded me

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
All this Cosplay...
Yet this Gentleman still is the King of Cosplay:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I would like to see good cosplays from no-Awakening (or Fates) Fire Emblem.
Well, you'd probably find good cosplays for Ike, Marth and Roy rather easily.
That'd because they're in Smash, though.

You can have a good Micaiah cosplay I found to feel better, though, dear.:sadsheep:
It's not from this expo, though.

Troykv

Smash Master
Well, you'd probably find good cosplays for Ike, Marth and Roy rather easily.
That'd because they're in Smash, though.

You can have a good Micaiah cosplay I found to feel better, though, dear.:sadsheep:
It's not from this expo, though.

The cosplay is beautiful and awesome :happysheep:

Elezir

me wandering tumblr until stumble into---

O-Oh... my my...

Robin, dear, why don't I see you shirtless with more frequency, again?

:awesome:

FE: Fates, realizing the dreams of every fangirl ever.

D

Deleted member

O-Oh... my my...

*drools endlessly and stares at the computer screen for an eternity*

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Is it me, or is Inigo checking out Severa?

O-Oh... my my...

That doesn't explain why he's so slow in Sm4sh... Seriously, with a body like that...
I can see why he scored the same ranking as Tharja...

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
So although I live in the east coast, I'm actually in California for the summer. After completely settling in and getting some work done, I was gonna play some Smash until I realized that I left my gamecube controller and adapter back in the east coast. NOOOOO!!!!

Guess, I will try the classic controller or something.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

O-Oh... my my...

MY GOOD LORD, WHAT HAVE THY DID TO MY MAIN? IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT, IS THIS HOW YOU GET YOUR SICK KICKS?

Hurting a poor, defenseless virgin Robin with your filth, shame on you

Arc_Thunder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ichuchu

O-Oh... my my...

oooooh boy this is like a bit to much fan service :I

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437

O-Oh... my my...

This kind of stuff makes me think if I should make my eyes should see this kind of nightmarish experience

Probably gonna play the story though

Elezir

This kind of stuff makes me think if I should make my eyes should see this kind of nightmarish experience

Probably gonna play the story though
Yeah, it's additional stuff from My Castle, in which somehow you can strip down your characters.
A weird and useless addition to have, I have to admit, even if my inner fangirl was happy to finally see shirtless Robin. (I mean, geez. There's not even fanart of it yet. Internet can disappoint sometimes)

Sometimes it feels like Fates wants to fill the fandom's every need, which is kinda funny.
But people on Selenes are saying you can play the game normally without ever going there or doing the face rubbing thingy, which is good.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@Raziek

Guess who just turned the RNG Screwed man that is Dorcas into a Warrior?

[collapse=Before you say I'm stupid]
I already promoted Bartre and Dart so I have two killing machine Axe users already (with maxed supports), and I happened to have enough hero crests to promote Dorcas and still have one left for Guy.[/collapse]

Dorcas does have the highest skill of my axe users though.

:smash:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
I've seen yours, they're just as bad.

You people have bad taste humor.

Puns are weak and bad substitute for actual humor and wit. You're almost worst than memespouters:4diddy:
I guess that me and Liquid are quite...Chrompatible.

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Almost a year ago, I devised a saying that seems to explain much of the internet and forum behavior:
"Spam is to a forum what salt is to cooking: Without any, a forum is bland; Too much, and it is unpalatable."

That said, I happen to agree that puns tend to be one of the least effective conduits of humor, although there are some occasionally that are golden.

@ Champ Gold Champ Gold is that Diddy Kong icon there supposed to represent the peanut gallery? :3

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Almost a year ago, I devised a saying that seems to explain much of the internet and forum behavior:
"Spam is to a forum what salt is to cooking: Without any, a forum is bland; Too much, and it is unpalatable."

That said, I happen to agree that puns tend to be one of the least effective conduits of humor, although there are some occasionally that are golden.

@ Champ Gold Champ Gold is that Diddy Kong icon there supposed to represent the peanut gallery? :3
Sort of but yeah

[quote="rdg121193, post: 19591712, member: 260115"

Puns are weak and bad substitute for actual humor and wit. You're almost worst than memespouters:4diddy:
I guess that me and Liquid are quite...Chrompatible.[/quote]
image.jpg

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
89d.jpg

I love it whenever I get to use this c:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Thanks m8

I respectfully disagree. While some puns are certainly cringe worthy, puns appreciate the multifaceted nature of words and demonstrate a creative use of language. There is a reason why every comedian and many great literary figures use them. Shakespeare for example uses them for humor and/or insults such as when in Hamlet, the aforementioned character tells Ophelia "To get thee to a nunnery," which expertly conveys Hamlet's dichotomous, and arguably misogynistic, view of women; either the notion that women should be pure, self-sacrificing, and faithful (nunnery as in nun or a convent), a view very prevalent during Shakespeare's age, or the base perception of them as mere objects for sexual gratification (nunnery was also a euphemism for a whorehouse back then). And all of this is portrayed concisely through exactly one pun.

Besides, puns are often done in good fun so I often enjoy them, especially when @ Zantetsugun Zantetsugun is involved. He makes good puns.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I respectfully disagree. While some puns are certainly cringe worthy, puns appreciate the multifaceted nature of words and demonstrate a creative use of language. There is a reason why every comedian and many great literary figures use them. Shakespeare for example uses them for humor and/or insults such as when in Hamlet, the aforementioned character tells Ophelia "To get thee to a nunnery," which expertly conveys Hamlet's dichotomous, and arguably misogynistic, view of women; either the notion that women should be pure, self-sacrificing, and faithful (nunnery as in nun or a convent), a view very prevalent during Shakespeare's age, or the base perception of them as mere objects for sexual gratification (nunnery was also a euphemism for a whorehouse back then). And all of this is portrayed concisely through exactly one pun.

Besides, puns are often done in good fun so I often enjoy them, especially when @ Zantetsugun Zantetsugun is involved. He makes good puns.
It would seem that Pun Lord hath been summoned!

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
Say'riously, we're going to argue about puns? Personally I enjoy them a lot, maybe they can be a little cringe worthy but still funny. I could have thought of a few more puns, but I don't think any of you will Ike them.

And @Sanae, I love your Avatar and signature from Log Horizon.

Edit: Someone knows where I can find some cool Red palette Robin fan art ?

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Say'riously, we're going to argue about puns? Personally I enjoy them a lot, maybe they can be a little cringe worthy but still funny. I could have thought of a few more puns, but I don't think any of you will Ike them.

And @Sanae, I love your Avatar and signature from Log Horizon.

Edit: Someone knows where I can find some cool Red palette Robin fan art ?
Don't worry, it's not the most Severa-st of issues!

Matsushi

True Blood
In all honesty, sometimes I find the more ridiculous, poorly executed and flat out stupid puns actually more humorous than the well thought-out ones, purely because my sense of humour is rather.. dumb, for lack of a better word.

Like someone could say something as silly as "sneep snoop" and I would laugh for a good few minutes.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Top Bottom