• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
I imagine if Robin gets in the game, he/she will have four styles like the villager. We already got the two defaults, so we only have room for two more. Which one would you all choose?

This is my choice:

Here is a great reference for all the hairstyles. its a few posts down:
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=34153&page=2
I assume we'd get something like the villager where we have at least 2 of each gender (likely more). Default Male/Female + a few other mix and match variances. I do like the two you posted here, although I feel only the default should have the white hair to have it mixed up a little bit. Also the short, child-like, character bodies would likely look weird scaled up... so I'd opt not to use them. x(

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Here's a question, if Robin doesn't get in and we have a new Fire Emblem game before the next smash after this one (which will likely come with the next console generation whenever that happens) then would you still support Robin even if there was a character (customizable or not) that still uses the same weaponry as a tactician? Would it depend on their personality more? Aesthetics? Importance to the plot? Or is Robin simply a timeless character in the series?
Well if Robin didn't get in this time, Chrom probably would. And I'd prefer to not have two FE characters from the same game. So as long as this hypothetical new protagonist didn't have blue hair and preferred tomes to swords, I'd most likely switch to supporting them. But it all really depends on what happens in future games, ya know?

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
So apparently the Ridley thread got locked.

...Does that mean we're (temporarily) #2? o_O
I think you're right...

Edit: Also, I'd like to know which mod in particular locked that thread. Just out of curiosity, you know?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So apparently the Ridley thread got locked.

...Does that mean we're (temporarily) #2? o_O
Dunno. Ridley is still bigger. Its probably temporary because people were posting in the Ridley thread just to get to page 1,000 and the mods didn't like that. Once Ridley is announced it'll be reopened and become the Ridley social thread.

Question for Robin supporters.

How do you think Robin's edge guard game would fair?
I'm... not really sure, honestly. It would depend on the moves they give Robin. If I imagine her having a lot of ranged magic attacks, I'd say it'd probably be pretty good.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
So Miis have varying heights based on the Mii they're based on.

You know what other character could vary in height?

Robin.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Ah, if only...but I'm afraid my powers of persuasion are kind of weak.

Also, I now know which mod locked that thread.
Yeah I know too. Though, I suspect some Ridley fans are out for blood and many of them will get banned for being aggressive towards the mods.

Anyways, back to Robin, do you think Robin's strongest attacks would be aerial or grounded attacks?

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Yeah I know too. Though, I suspect some Ridley fans are out for blood and many of them will get banned for being aggressive towards the mods.

Anyways, back to Robin, do you think Robin's strongest attacks would be aerial or grounded attacks?
Considering Marth's air game got nerfed to high heaven, maybe aerial?

...Wait, that doesn't make sense.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Well my idea would suggest both being pretty good lol. Most aerials would act like projectiles, all but Nair, and all grounded attack could be canceled into another attack, grab, or jump, but only once per cancel (if you cancel move a into move b then you won't be able to cancel move b into anything else until it's frames are finished).

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I just realized that no Smash character has a mount.

Back in the day, I really wanted Wyvern Knight Tana from FE8 to be in Smash. :cry:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Lol, even if Tana could make it in, she'd be on a Pegasus not a Wyvern. :p
not necessarily. She can be promoted into a Wyvern Knight.

I always thought a mount would make a cool critical hit. It would work for Ephraim and Eirika because their promotions had mounts.

Robin should have a great aerial game, or whoever if anyone ends up the third FE rep.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
not necessarily. She can be promoted into a Wyvern Knight.

I always thought a mount would make a cool critical hit. It would work for Ephraim and Eirika because their promotions had mounts.

Robin should have a great aerial game, or whoever if anyone ends up the third FE rep.
Her starting class is a Pegasus Knight. If Tana were to ever appear in another game, she'd be on a Pegasus. I KNOW she can promote to a Wyvern Knight, but that doesn't mean she'd be portrayed that way.

Either way, I doubt we'll ever get a mounted playable unit in Smash Bros. At max, maybe the character gets a mount as a Final Smash (that's what I pictured DK getting if he got a new FS, or Dixie Kong if she's made playable).

Reginleif

Smash Ace
pegasus knight's critical is my favorite critical animation :'( i love mounted criticals

can robin ride a pegasus plz sakurai

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
pegasus knight's critical is my favorite critical animation :'( i love mounted criticals

can robin ride a pegasus plz sakurai
Hilariously, I literally JUST promoted Florina in the previous chapter. I'm playing through that game right now to show off my wife. :D Florina is actually my first promotion, interestingly enough. I had her run out to save my precious XP from Pent and then I mistakenly let my underleveled Hector get slaughtered by the boss. :p

I don't think Robin will ride a Pegasus, though... I had one idea a while back that if a villain was chosen and it was Awakening, it could've been Aversa, and she would mount her Pegasus for her Final Smash. Lance-wielding mage would be epic, but I do hate Aversa's design (her backstory is pretty neat, though, and she's a central villain to the game too even if she's not the main villain or anything).

But I've since abandoned that idea in favor of supporting Robin all out.

EDIT: Oh, and the Ridley topic was reopened.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Question for Robin supporters.

How do you think Robin's edge guard game would fair?
Depending on his specials, Robin could be pretty nasty at keeping opponents from getting back without ever having to leave the stage himself. Then again, if those projectiles don't have very high knockback, they'd be more to rack up extra damage as the oponent is getting back than to get any outright kills...which still serves a strategic purpose, I guess.

Hard to say, and not just because I haven't made that part of my moveset yet. >_> It could depend on which of Robin's tilts/aerials/smashes are physical or magical, it could depend on which of the two the developers wanted to be stronger, it could depend on if every Fire Emblem rep is getting a rework like Marth's to be more ground-focused...

I vote for Wolf Link riding Midna.
I'd switch the names around if I were you. There's probably enough Rule 34 of that as is. >_>

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I agree.

Would be what is best for Chrom as well.
Wait, female Grandmaster has no pants? Female Robin, why do you wear a miniskirt under your platemail? WHERE ARE YOUR PANTS? No wonder you people don't like the Grandmaster look. Steel high heels and miniskirt.
And why did I never notice that with Morgan?
Male Robin has it so much better in that regard...

So of all the kinds of Robins people suggest, be it solo sword and tome Robin, paired up with Chrom Robin, summoner Robin, etc., which is your favourite?

I used to like the prospects of sword and tome the most, but these days I like the idea of just a tome. There are lots of moves I have in my head that just combine the three elements with her attacks, and they kind of fulfill the need for a disjointed hitbox regardless.
Sword and Tome with alternate weapons as custom moves. I agree most attacks should be magic, but a few swordswipes here and there won't hurt anyone. Well, except the enemy.

I imagine if Robin gets in the game, he/she will have four styles like the villager. We already got the two defaults, so we only have room for two more. Which one would you all choose?

This is my choice:
[...]

Here is a great reference for all the hairstyles. its a few posts down:
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=34153&page=2

The male one because that's the one I chose when I played the first time. The female one because it kinda reminds me of Morgan and I'm ambivalent about the other female hairstyles. .

A character with a mount?

I vote for Wolf Link riding Midna.
Yes! Wolf Link riding on Midna would be a fantastic idea! :troll:

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
:laugh: Oh gosh. That was a hoot.

I'll be away for now until the weekend. Everyone keep it cool like Kermit.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
The aerial game in general has been neutered, now having more risks involved in order to discourage people exploiting that.
Maybe. That at least seemed the case in the demo.

Anyway, I'm off for about two weeks. Where I'm going has spotty internet, but I'll likely still be around. Someone else keep the thread sane. (Yeah, like I do that.)

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I have a question for all of you, what would be your reaction if robin was confirmed in the sal leak?
Nice question. My personal reaction would be really happy of course. But well, with the way things are now, I feel like things would be reversed around here in some weird way (referring to the nature of the Robin and Chrom support threads).

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I have a question for all of you, what would be your reaction if robin was confirmed in the sal leak?
Call me stubborn, naive, or whatever, but I refuse to believe the leak until Chorus Men shows up playable. I'd probably still feel that way if it were Robin instead of Chrom in the leak, but if that were the scenario I'd actually really want the leak to be true. As it is I have mixed feelings towards it, since my top two most wanted characters are Shulk and Not-Chrom.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'd be significantly more satisfied with the leak, since the two main things I don't like about the leak are Chorus Men (who I'm pretty much indifferent towards, but they're cute, at least) and Chrom (who I find to be completely uninteresting). So I'd be very happy to see Robin on the leak. Though I would probably still feel the same way I do now about it's legitimacy.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I know I'm late to this discussion, but I also was a bit peeved that Eirika was a bride. That was such a stupid thing to do.

Anywho, Robin. I'd personally like it if she was primarily magic based, but wouldn't mind seeing her use her sword some.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Yeah, I agree with the points made here. Bias would definitely lead me to like the leak more, but it would give me no more reason to believe in it because the amount of characters I like on it has increased.

Call me stubborn, naive, or whatever, but I refuse to believe the leak until Chorus Men shows up playable. I'd probably still feel that way if it were Robin instead of Chrom in the leak, but if that were the scenario I'd actually really want the leak to be true. As it is I have mixed feelings towards it, since my top two most wanted characters are Shulk and Not-Chrom.
No one should call you any names. I honestly don't like that people are trying to force this "truth" upon people. Nothing wrong with still having doubts. As we all can see, there is legitimacy/accuracy involved in the leak. However, until everything on it is 100% confirmed, it's perfectly natural to see things otherwise. But even then, it's not like the whole roster was leaked. Plenty of room for speculation.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Personally i wouldn't care in the slightest, I supported robin because i liked the idea of a non swordsman Fe rep, not because some guy who heard it from another guy said he was playable.
Which is why I'm really happy that you and everyone else here that actively participates in this thread are continuing the strong support.

A character that wasn't on the Sal/Gematsu list of leaked characters, coming from a franchise that is expected to have three representatives maximum with Marth, Ike and supposedly Chrom already confirmed...#1 in support aside from the two big powerhouses (Ridley & K. Rool)? It's a beautiful thing.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I think I'd feel a bit relieved if Robin turned up in a Sal leak, but like most people here, I'd stay skeptical.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
The funny thing is, the skepticism that we have as well as some others is often viewed as delusion because we're continuing to doubt or bring up arguments against the leak regarding how old it is, etc.

If you support a character that is not on the Sal/Gematsu leak, you're delusional :awesome:

Top Bottom