• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time For Some Performances! Jigglypuff's Video and Users Thread

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
https://youtu.be/sTSOvpTcuMo

I apologize for the terrible quality, but this is what i have to go with till Nintendo fixes the mewtwo glitch

On that note, i regret doing that off stage roll out.

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601

I play against a very mediocre Captain Failcon here. I could get away with fighting him with a ground-based Jigglypuff. A bad habit I want to break is to doing rolls up from the ledge on impulse, as it's resulted in stupid deaths no matter which character I play as. I use Rollout offensively and even as an edge recovery. Both my kills are Rest kills.

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604

I play against a very mediocre Captain Failcon here. I could get away with fighting him with a ground-based Jigglypuff. A bad habit I want to break is to doing rolls up from the ledge on impulse, as it's resulted in stupid deaths no matter which character I play as. I use Rollout offensively and even as an edge recovery. Both my kills are Rest kills.
Those two rests that hit were pretty sick. Didn't see the first one coming at all! I think those two whiffed rests were unnecessary because he wasn't at kill% anyways.
I stopped my own rolling habit on the edge by really paying attention to what I was doing for a couple of games (like heavily considering every move I did, no flowcharts, just thinking).
Remember: In many situations the best option might be doing absolutely nothing (just don't do it too often). Rolling from the edge? Why not do a normal getup. it gives you more invincibility as well (if I'm not mistaken).

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
I think those two whiffed rests were unnecessary because he wasn't at kill% anyways.
I stopped my own rolling habit on the edge by really paying attention to what I was doing for a couple of games (like heavily considering every move I did, no flowcharts, just thinking).
Remember: In many situations the best option might be doing absolutely nothing (just don't do it too often). Rolling from the edge? Why not do a normal getup. it gives you more invincibility as well (if I'm not mistaken).
Haha those two whiffed rests were merely to troll him, looking back at it, implying that fighting against him was putting me to sleep.

I now watch my replays for any bad habits I have, and my biggest flaw is of course the roll up from the edge on impulse.

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
My friend said losing to Jigglypuff was the ultimate embarrassment, so I kept saying throughout our session last night that I was going to make a montage of Jigglypuff kicking his ass. Since he kept insisting I wouldn't do it, I decided I would, just to spite him.

I spent way too long on this all for the sake of a joke lmao

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
My friend said losing to Jigglypuff was the ultimate embarrassment, so I kept saying throughout our session last night that I was going to make a montage of Jigglypuff kicking his ***. Since he kept insisting I wouldn't do it, I decided I would, just to spite him.

Song name?

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
My friend said losing to Jigglypuff was the ultimate embarrassment, so I kept saying throughout our session last night that I was going to make a montage of Jigglypuff kicking his ***. Since he kept insisting I wouldn't do it, I decided I would, just to spite him.

lol. The rule on playing my friends is don't play puff or they'll quit.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
So got in a tournament last thursday.

Got in a great casual match between casual people messing around casually.

Like for great reply for quality fugly sounding "Gimps are real tho".

Soup's On!

Smash Cadet
I almost never go for the Rest because the pressure of getting it right is overwhelming but seeing those blink-and-you'll-miss-it moments turn into Rests is so amazingly satisfying to watch.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
Might as well post this here (i didn't make it)

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
Got this rest in friendlies, lost the game, but good thing is that he's scared of puff now :)

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
Ok:

- You have to be in neutral pose for this. If you crouch it, it flips you all the way up and you get wrecked.
- You have to be pretty close to Shulk, otherwise it flips you up, or Rest whiffs; either way you die. You can be slightly further away than grounded Resting distance, but close. Rest will whiff if you try it in the air.
- If he doesn't charge upsmash (at all), the timing window is slightly different, possibly because of freeze frames.
- It works with Jiggs up to 300% and probably well over. This is very reliable as far as Jiggs goes.
- From my testing, this works until Shulk is at exactly 66%, inclusive. At 67% you can't get Rest out in time.
- This kills vanilla Shulk at 53% and Smash Shulk at 41%, no rage or DI, on FD.

Last edited:

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
Ok:

- You have to be in neutral pose for this. If you crouch it, it flips you all the way up and you get wrecked.
- You have to be pretty close to Shulk, otherwise it flips you up, or Rest whiffs; either way you die. You can be slightly further away than grounded Resting distance, but close. Rest will whiff if you try it in the air.
- If he doesn't charge upsmash (at all), the timing window is slightly different, possibly because of freeze frames.
- It works with Jiggs up to 300% and probably well over. This is very reliable as far as Jiggs goes.
- From my testing, this works until Shulk is at exactly 66%, inclusive. At 67% you can't get Rest out in time.
- This kills vanilla Shulk at 53% and Smash Shulk at 41%, no rage or DI, on FD.
Thank you for the information! Maybe this should be added to the list of multihit moves you can rest out of?

Top Bottom