• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time For Some Performances! Jigglypuff's Video and Users Thread

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
The relative knockback between sour and sweet bair is only really noticeable at low percents and at kill percents. At low%, sour bair kb is measly and often leads to unsafe hits because low KB = low hitstun. At kill percents, sweet bair will kill much sooner, but the difference in power is much more visible the closer you are to the blast zones, since the only difference with the sweetspot is more base knockback.

Another useful thing to note is that sweet bair can knock many characters down while still at percents low enough for a follow-up ftilt to lock them, leading to a guaranteed Rest. Sour bair cannot do this.

King Ching

Smash Cadet
Here is one of my tournament matches that I won recently.

GSM Lucky7 (:4myfriends::4pikachu:) vs. HiD King Ching(:4jigglypuff:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q0w9NgYTqY

I spaced pretty well against Ike and even baited him into a counter and KO'd him.

Against Pikachu I made a lot of mistakes early, but made a comeback in the end thanks to the wall of pain.

Last edited:

King Ching

Smash Cadet
One of my tourney matches uploaded,

RDE Powerhouse (:4dk:,:4falcon:) vs Flamjam (:4jigglypuff:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTBZebJL1M8

Nothing really exciting here, opponent SD'd so I got a bit of an undeserved win. As said by the commentators, I really don't like going for rests, and I know I should.
Omg Smash Tournament with Scottish Accent commentary is awesome.

Hey you space your aerials very well with Puff. However, you could have rested DK when he rolled into you and Falcon after the Falcon Kick. Falcon Kick has a lot of ending lag so its easy to rest :-). Its also easy to wall of pain falcon off the stage too.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
One of my tourney matches uploaded,

RDE Powerhouse (:4dk:,:4falcon:) vs Flamjam (:4jigglypuff:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTBZebJL1M8

Nothing really exciting here, opponent SD'd so I got a bit of an undeserved win. As said by the commentators, I really don't like going for rests, and I know I should.
Very nice matches, such a heartbreaking SD from powerhouse tho :c
Your aerial spacing it's pretty good, although when playing agaisnt Falcon I would highly recommend going for gimps as his recovery is pretty predictable and dang easy to tech if it actually grabs you, I also don't necessarily agree with the amount of fsmashes used or how much extra damage you racked up on DK(giving that Gorilla rage on top of his strenght can make things a bit too stressful, especially as puff) but those are things that can be fixed with a tinsy bit of work. Still excellent job!

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Might as well put this in. @ CatRaccoonBL CatRaccoonBL

User name: @ Vinylic. Vinylic.
In-Game name: Vinylic.
3DS Friend Code: 0103-9521-8016
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: OfficialVinyl
Country of Residence: USA
Palette Colour: Red Hat

Last edited:

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
I found this, not sure if it's already been posted.

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
User name: Underhill
In-Game name: Underhill
3DS Friend Code: Don't have one
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Chase47
Palette Colour: Green
Message: I don't main Jiggs, but I like to test her out and put her talent out there as a singer since she's really fun to use.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Fair to rest? ummmmm, normally this is something you bring to social or something, it doesnt really provide much for discussion or anything, if that makes sense.

That said, it's always refreshing to hit a nice rest combo :p

EtrianHero23

Smash Cadet
User name: EtrianHero23
In-Game name: EtrianHero
3DS Friend Code: N/A
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: SilverQ (Though I rarely play online as the Wii U belongs to my brother.)
Palette Colour: Serena Hat, mainly because I find it cuter than the other palettes.
Message: Uhh....really bad. Like, eating Skittles with gravy bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AuHcarJjso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV3GVJBwqdg
Yeah, I'm planning on picking up Jiggs as a secondary. Any tips that you guys would like to share?

InternetSandman

Smash Rookie
NNID
InternetSandman
Figure I would post my replay of a FG match I had a few days ago

https://youtu.be/4VH25BmRJuk

Nothing too special, but the second stock was a 0-death, closed out with an offstage combo into rest

And as for that info

User name: InternetSandman InternetSandman
In-Game name: Sandman
3DS Friend Code: N/A
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: InternetSandman
Country of Residence: Canada
Palette Colour: The green night-cap with the fluffy bobble on the end (I dunno how to put those in on my iPhone)
Message: I don't think I've ever used sing as Jigglypuff other than thinking I have a recovery move when I don't :p I'm trying to find opportunities for it though

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Fair to rest? ummmmm, normally this is something you bring to social or something, it doesnt really provide much for discussion or anything, if that makes sense.
This can actually be a clutch move. It's basically the 0 > Rest combo, only with the last hits.
What you could do is have the momentum to have your air speed at max while throwing out your fair at ∼40% - 50%-ish and just hit the Rest. Hitstun will permit that.

Edit: Also Jesus! I have so many interesting videos on FG that I could post but don't have the means to upload!
Any tippers on what I would need for those said means? I guess I could stop being lazy and actually buy the damn things to record these before the next patch?

Last edited:

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
Go to Replays, select one, Send To, Youtube, follow instructions. It'll play back the replay to save a video of it locally, and if the replay is shorter than roughly three minutes then it'll try uploading it to your Youtube account for you.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Double post because I finally did it!

So I've made a channel and started uploading a couple of videos (mad props to drakeirving drakeirving for instructions!).
I've made a playlist for those matches here if anyone's interested in seeing what I've brought to the table.
Now right now Im focusing on the most notable replays I've laid in my replay bank for the past months and plan to upload those from up until now by tomorrow.

All Jiggs mains are free to throw in criticism and tips for dealing in harsh situations.
I hope that in the future, I could also be one of those Jiggs main to be able to shine some light in some discussions we've been asking for a while, and all of that while also putting up stuff that catches intrigues, make you guys cringe at my mistakes or perhaps let you have a chuckle in some unexpected turn of events.

Hope I get word from everyone of you.

Last edited:

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
Your generous helpings of Rests make me incredibly uncomfortable in good and bad ways. Are you fairly confident in your attempts? Quite a lot of these look confirmed very nicely, but many more are just taking advantage of the other guy making a bad choice (often not shielding, using non-disjointed/slow aerials to escape, etc). How often do you fail?

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
Thought this was worth sharing, the person beat me in their first match, taunting after both KOs. this is the result of the second.

EmperorFabio

Smash Rookie
NNID
Emperor_BR
the weak fair -> rest (in the air) is a true combo, but many of my rest's was by reading the enemy will try to attack
i train the rest a lot, so i rarely miss, but yeah, in a serious match i only go for guaranteed ones

Last edited:

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I don't expect anyone to really watch this and give some pretty good advice but I'd really appreciate it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpnYmwuyxKM

I'm actually a ROB main but Puff is one of my 2ndaries. I use puff 2nd and 3rd game of this set and I was wondering if I could get any feedback on how I played the neutral game vs. this Sheik player. Especially game 3. I feel like I have what it takes to beat Sheik with Puff but I feel like there's something crucial that I'm missing.

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
4:26 was a Rest. Sheik dies at like 105% to uptilt so that should have come out. Around 6:00 his shield was low enough to Pound. 6:30 was a Rest but it probably wouldn't have killed. Also at this point they were getting very aggro and could have been punished a bit better. Nice bthrow.

Started off game 3 with a string of mistakes: getting needle baited, throwing out a bair for no reason, and not DIing away from fairs (you tried to challenge them even). Basically they just started playing more patiently and baited out your mistakes in game 3. In both games you tended to throw out a bunch of moves regardless of where the opponent was, which got you punished quite often with aerials, needles, grab, etc. Then trying to challenge fair strings with fair was a really bad idea; you don't really have that much disjoint and it isn't very fast. He often just reacted to you using a fair and went in. Also he caught on that shield > everything, so because you were neglecting your grabs the whole game he just ran up and shielded to catch any potential aerials.

I don't think you ducked enough to avoid needles either; putting up shield and then dropping it right away just gave away a pattern where he either needled you after drop or grabbed you or whatever. Sheik is way faster so it isn't even like a ground approach that way is very threatening.

Last edited:

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
Danish made a montage. He even uses platform slides :)

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
I'm really proud of this match :D !
Nothing too impressive, but that G&W had been destroying me prior to the match (he left afterwards :p )

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
I'm really proud of this match :D !
Nothing too impressive, but that G&W had been destroying me prior to the match (he left afterwards :p )
Wow I'm surprised that Rest landed. His up smash is so invincible.

Top Bottom