• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time For Some Performances! Jigglypuff's Video and Users Thread

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
little mac beats jigglypuff. Any smart little mac wouldn't go near the edge and get backthrown. They'll keep control of center stage and make you fight them there from the start. You'll almost immediately lose percent lead against him do to moves like dash attack, ftilt, jab, etc. dealing a lot of damage and having massive priority. You'll almost always be playing from behind since he gets % much easier than you, and his ground attacks have more priority than Jigglypuff's aerials. Playing from behind against little mac is awful, because all he has to do it wait center stage and beat practically all your approaches.

@OddCrow I went to a regional tournament where several of the higher level players from Oregon and Washington played. Gimpyfish, who you probably know since you're an older member of smashboards, won that tournament using Little Mac. I played at least 30-40 matches against him during the day, and I had only won about one match where I was puff and he was mac out of like 8. I won more than I lost using Ness, and even ROB, due to their disjointed hitboxes and access to ranged attacks which forces mac to approach no matter what. That's the main weakness of puff in the matchup, Little Mac has no reason to approach you when he's ahead, and it's so easy for him to get ahead as long as he doesn't let himself get gimped.

fidelis hodie

Smash Rookie
little mac beats jigglypuff. Any smart little mac wouldn't go near the edge and get backthrown. They'll keep control of center stage and make you fight them there from the start. You'll almost immediately lose percent lead against him do to moves like dash attack, ftilt, jab, etc. dealing a lot of damage and having massive priority. You'll almost always be playing from behind since he gets % much easier than you, and his ground attacks have more priority than Jigglypuff's aerials. Playing from behind against little mac is awful, because all he has to do it wait center stage and beat practically all your approaches.

@OddCrow I went to a regional tournament where several of the higher level players from Oregon and Washington played. Gimpyfish, who you probably know since you're an older member of smashboards, won that tournament using Little Mac. I played at least 30-40 matches against him during the day, and I had only won about one match where I was puff and he was mac out of like 8. I won more than I lost using Ness, and even ROB, due to their disjointed hitboxes and access to ranged attacks which forces mac to approach no matter what. That's the main weakness of puff in the matchup, Little Mac has no reason to approach you when he's ahead, and it's so easy for him to get ahead as long as he doesn't let himself get gimped.
That and his stupid super armor. Can't even approach or beat out a smash attack with good timing, dude just plows through it. Or dash back and plows through it.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Ok, got around to record some matches albeit really low quality. ^^;

The first is versus a Greninja player and the other is me doing the Wall of Pain, followed by the Diddy Kong player rage quitting apparently.

~Rainbow Mika

Smash Cadet
NNID
rigobfd64
3DS FC
0361-6812-0263
I have some matches with Puffz, love using her, just too damn fun to play.

Sorry about the excessive bright, my upper screen has a problem with the bright.

Last edited:

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I have some matches with Puffz, love using her, just too damn fun to play.

Sorry about the excessive bright, my upper screen has a problem with the bright.
Your videos aren't showing up. When you embed youtube videos, only put in the stuff after watch?v=

The correct format for embedding youtube videos is:
Code:
[media=youtube]abcd1234[/media]
where https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abcd1234
For everyone else, here are Rainbow Mika's videos :)

~Rainbow Mika

Smash Cadet
NNID
rigobfd64
3DS FC
0361-6812-0263
My bad, i'm not that familiar with forums since 2007. Anyways, thanks for teaching me how to put vids, gonna upload moar puffz madness :)

Edit: I have 2 more matches with Puffz

And this, by far, is my favorite thing so far on this game lol

Last edited:

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
This video of mine is far from high-level play (I am a Bowser main, but I have mained Jiggs in Melee and secondaried her in Brawl), but I have fun with a Zero Suit Samus player who obviously had never fought a Jigglypuff before. Here it is on video:

Zigoon95

Smash Rookie
...Lol, I noticed only now that there's a "Zig" among these tourneys XP

Btw, I have saved the replays of some of my matches, including most from one little tourney with 13 contenders where I won as Jigglypuff and Pikachu, the finals having my Jigglypuff against a Captain Falcon. When I have time I'll upload them on Youtube, and if you want I post them in this topic (though I am conscious this performance is nothing compared to even regional tourneys of the States xD).

Last edited:

lRasha

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have videos of people using Jigglypuff's Sing, Pound, and Rollout? I'd really like to see people skillfully using them. I've only seen a few so far.

Last edited:

l4d

Smash Rookie

Not my usual playstyle (rolling constantly, little airgame, etc), but I prefer playing aggressive like this against duck hunts.

zeezee

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-0319-8479
I managed to play about three matches with Wizzrobe on stream with Jigglypuff, he beat me the first two, but I won this one. I really loved my performance here so I decided to upload it, check it out.

Funtroon

Smash Apprentice
Here's a video of myself playing Jiggs in For Glory against a Sonic. Not my favorite performance, but I still enjoyed this game.

Last edited:

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Jiggs vs Sonic* tournament Grand Finals match

Last edited:

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
Made a small vid :)

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326
Take a load off.

glad to see the jab rests still work. didn't know 'bout the Dair into rest though. Is it only at 40%? Does Dair to Rest work in the 3ds vers?(I can check the 3ds one soon anyway but I'd rather ask still)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
D-Air -> Rest works between about 20-40% before the D-Air. Varies a little from character to character. Totally works on the 3DS.

Last edited:

UNCjer

Smash Rookie
I managed to play about three matches with Wizzrobe on stream with Jigglypuff, he beat me the first two, but I won this one. I really loved my performance here so I decided to upload it, check it out.

I think you are the best jigglypuff I have seen so far. Good **** dude. That match-up is ridiculously hard.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Jigglypuff vs Zero Suit Samus match I commentated:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
First, I want to deeply apologize for not updating the OP for quite some time. School near end semester + Smash wii u = busy. ^^;

Second,
Stickying this thread for the greater good.
Thank you very much. Much Appreciated. <3

Third, Been cleaning up the OP and trying to make it look nicer. If there is anything I can do to make it better please feel free to let me know. :3

Every video here should be accounted for now. :)

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326
User name: @ SyncNatsyu SyncNatsyu
In-Game name: SyncNatsyu
3DS Friend Code: 3007-8406-9326
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: (Give me a year or two)
Country of Residence: USA
Palette Colour: Nap Cap/Sleep Cap
Message: Umm well I don't sing, even ledge singing I do rarely...so umm don't touch me....

Last edited:

Jonney

Smash Cadet
NNID
hawkeye721
3DS FC
4253-3982-7075
User name: Jonney
In-Game name: Jonney
3DS Friend Code: 4253-3982-7075
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: n/a
Country of Residence: USA
Palette Colour: Ribbon
Message: I sing pretty okay, fun to trick people into it when they use sliding moves

I recorded myself blocking PKT2 with the I-frames of rest, check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOVbZ37OVr4

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
So I was looking at the participants for apex and Hungrybox is gonna be there for smash bros wii u. I haven't seen his jiggs in a while. I can't wait for apex

Last edited:

Funtroon

Smash Apprentice
@SaladBowl: I don't think Hungrybox will be picking up Jiggs, not after tweeting me this tweet only few days ago: "If only she was viable enough." It was a response to a tweet I tweeted wishing to see more Jiggs in tournaments.

I sure hope I'm wrong...

Top Bottom