• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time For Some Performances! Jigglypuff's Video and Users Thread

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
@SaladBowl: I don't think Hungrybox will be picking up Jiggs, not after tweeting me this tweet only few days ago: "If only she was viable enough." It was a response to a tweet I tweeted wishing to see more Jiggs in tournaments.

I sure hope I'm wrong...
Really? he said he wouldn't drop her. the only wii u tournament he went to he used Jiggs. Im sure he will.

Last edited:

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
User name: @ Salad Bowl Salad Bowl
In-Game name: Salad
3DS Friend Code: N/A
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: SaladBowl41
Country of Residence: USA
Palette Colour: Sleeping Cap
Message: Well I was in middle school chorus so I would consider myself quite decent.

@ TheReflexWonder TheReflexWonder I watched a bunch of your vids and i gotta say, you got a tight jiggs. Are you going to apex? You should you'll do great.

Last edited:

Klaxon

Smash Rookie
User name: @ Klaxon Klaxon
In-Game name: Jacob
No 3DS :(
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Heyway
Palette Colour: Serena's hat
Message: I play the French horn, but my singing is notoriously bad XD

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
One (and only) of my games caught during the stream.
I wish to know if there are some stuff I should really avoid while playing.
Thanks.

Also, @ TheReflexWonder TheReflexWonder I tried to base my Puff play out of your style. Anything I should take account for?

Last edited:

Chacrecon

Smash Rookie
NNID
Maxdonalds
3DS FC
0216-1312-1187

Created a Puff montage myself, as I thought It would be nice to highlight some of her buffs in smash 4 (Rest hitbox, Bair) and just gameplay in general. I thought it came out nice so here it is.

Also It's amazing how easy little mac's are to gimp with puff.

Just a heads up, SOME STRONG LANGUAGE USED.

Last edited:

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Duck Hunt vs Jigglypuff match with commentary that I hosted. What do you think these two players could have done better?

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Was that online...?

If anything, this is the kind of thing that grinds my gears. Jigglypuff seems to have a lot of trouble approaching players who don't even want to be approached at all lately.

Last edited:

Framerate

Smash Lord
Reflex, your puff is looking awesome, man!

Here's a set from my most recent tourney. Ignore the part where I get hit by DDD fsmash.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Reflex, your puff is looking awesome, man!

Here's a set from my most recent tourney. Ignore the part where I get hit by DDD fsmash.

You got really timid with your neutral airs against Gordo once you started getting hit by them a couple times from using moves like Roll Out. Should have relied on Nair more. Also, I don't know if the frames would have allowed for it, but there were a few Rest opportunities you missed like at the ledge or after DDD's down smash.

Also, lawl at 7:38. "Not this time!"

Last edited:

Glowing Lumineon

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0576-5098-4012
User name: @ Glowing Lumineon Glowing Lumineon
In-Game name: *Exeggutor
3DS Friend Code: 0576-5098-4012
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: N/A
Country of Residence: Brazil
Palette Colour: Ribbon

Framerate

Smash Lord
Yeah, for some reason my rests were not coming out. I usually land them, but they kept not happening... I think if you try to rest right as you're landing, the landing animation prohibits any action. sigh.

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Also, @ TheReflexWonder TheReflexWonder I tried to base my Puff play out of your style. Anything I should take account for?

I would tell you to hang right outside of people's immediate space with lingering aerials more often. You used F-Air a decent bit, but N-Air works well, too, due to its longer active frames, as well as D-Air. Just having them out there can scare people into not swinging at you, which can let you use your offense a little more freely. Don't go nuts with it, but enough to shut down jumpy players.

Also, I'd recommend using something other than B-Air for out-of-shield stuff outside of punishing laggy Smashes; it's just too slow to work reliably as an out-of-shield tool. N-Air, F-Air, D-Air, Dash Attack, or even dropping shield -> dash grab are usually more reliable even if they aren't as strong. Better to get a smaller punish than no punish at all.

Don't forget that Dash Attack is a great burst range tool to use every now and again. It's Frame 5, which is the same speed as Jab1. Keeps people on their toes and has solid power.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Vinyl, your puff is looking great! Maybe it's just a playstyle preference, but I would suggest using more pound. That was a really close set against Jazz; it easily could have gone either way! Keep reppin' that puff!

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
You definitely can, although it might have whiffed at 1:06. A few less % or hitting a bit later would have done it.

Losers set vs Jazz. First time playin a fox player in this match, so losing wasn't a problem.
http://www.twitch.tv/gamingknights1/b/616976593?t=3h43m
Your poking game is strong, man. One thing I didn't see you capitalize on was Fox's sideB, and it's a shame because he was just throwing it out all the time. It's an incredibly easy Rest punish and you had so many opportunities for it. I also think that fsmash on shield at the end was a prime candidate for OoS Rest.

~Rainbow Mika

Smash Cadet
NNID
rigobfd64
3DS FC
0361-6812-0263
Well, i've made these vids when something hilarious (atleast for me) happen when i play as puffz

By the way, there's any other Pro Puff players to see?

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
User name: Zethoro
In-Game name: Zethor
3DS Friend Code: None, until Friday.
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Zethor
Palette Colour: Bow
Message: I made it into my state's All-State Choir, so I'm apparently pretty good.

vs Claxus (Falcon(he's on this site)):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lOPPTaYLOc

Shaqtus

Smash Rookie
User name: @ Shaqtus Shaqtus
In-Game name: Shaqtus
3DS Friend Code: none
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Br0s3ff
Palette Colour: Sleeping cap or flower

Ieven

Smash Cadet
Here's a video of my Puff, it's not my main, but it's my second character.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Here's a video of my Puff, it's not my main, but it's my second character.

Nice puff. I can see a bit of the link rubbing off on her with how you play. I haven't really seen any agressive puffs, but you pulled it off quite well. That combo at the end though...that came out of nowhere. Fantastic.

Ieven

Smash Cadet
Zethoro said:
That combo at the end though...that came out of nowhere. Fantastic.
Thank you, i love puff and i play him since the game was release :).

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I've done it quite a few times, it's a good kill option. I'm just glad I finally got it recorded xD
I'm glad it's been put to good use ever since I told the guys about it. I got a another match recorded for tips. This time, it's falcon, but I'll just post the whole match.

vs. EEVisu
http://www.twitch.tv/eevisu/v/3877824?t=4h19m0s

Edit: I forgot I can avoid falcon's grab? It's been a while that I played puff.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I'm glad it's been put to good use ever since I told the guys about it. I got a another match recorded for tips. This time, it's falcon, but I'll just post the whole match.

vs. EEVisu
http://www.twitch.tv/eevisu/v/3877824?t=4h19m0s

Edit: I forgot I can avoid falcon's grab? It's been a while that I played puff.
Ya, at higher percents jab lifts them off the ground so you can SH into them and rest during their landing lag

Top Bottom