• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tiers? (Include an explaination)

platinum kirby

Smash Apprentice
LOL, yeah Samus can be VERY annoying and effective.

Don't take it personally Fabrian, I've nothing against you and it seems it is me who perhaps isn't getting your point. I just freaked out when I read a statement that claimed Tier Lists are based on popularity, which is the most awful and common mistake when it comes to first understand how a tier list is built.

And, well, if you have a video of new, obscure tactics, regardless how effective they are, of course everyone here would aprecciate it.

Fabrian

Smash Journeyman
LOL, yeah Samus can be VERY annoying and effective.

Don't take it personally Fabrian, I've nothing against you and it seems it is me who perhaps isn't getting your point. I just freaked out when I read a statement that claimed Tier Lists are based on popularity, which is the most awful and common mistake when it comes to first understand how a tier list is built.

And, well, if you have a video of new, obscure tactics, regardless how effective they are, of course everyone here would aprecciate it.
Yeah I would do many videos, but the thing is my computer can't handle recording plus games... so I'd need a friend willing to do so... Justapnoy lives close so I might get some done when i'm off school.

I hope to put some up soon ^^... especially since now I'm leading the video gaming club at my school. So that means more competitive canadian players.

D

Deleted member

Roll was the only character I liked to play in MvC2 -_-

Can't you make fun of Servbot or something?

platinum kirby

Smash Apprentice
Oh hell no. Samus can be quite difficult to fight against depending on your character. Pika and Fox **** her, but she's a pain in the *** when you're Jigglypuff, Ness or Kirby.

Fabrian

Smash Journeyman
samus has an easy time against floating or big charaters. That means fox and pika are hard for her.
I tried her yesterday for serious fights SHE CAN SURELY KICK ***!

Fabrian

Smash Journeyman
-TOP-
Pikachu
C.Falcon
Kirby
Link

-MIDDLE-
Mario
JigglyPuff
DK
Fox
Yoshi

-LOW-
Ness
Luigi
Samus

I've played with Isai quite a few times and I can assume this is what he would say for tier listing. Isai is by far the best SSB player if you didnt know.
before someone gets flamed let me say he's assuming and Isai didn't actually say this was the tier list...move along ppl

platinum kirby

Smash Apprentice
No. The only thing Isai's ever mentioned about SSB's tier list is: "slightly better than the others: Pikachu and Kirby, and then the rest of the characters". That was his last statement I remember regarding the tier list O.O

And he'd place Fox far higher than any other char >_>...

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Might I remind these people that seem to put Ness so high that his 3rd jump is one of the most punishable attacks in the game. If you hit him with a projectile, he regains his 3rd jump but at the expense of being totally out of range. Even worse, if you hit-cancel his PK Thunder with a projectile, he's toast.

Top:
Kirby
DK
Fox
Pikachu

Middle:
Capt Falcon
Jigglypuff
Yoshi
Ness

Lower:
Mario
Luigi
Samus
Link

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Wil, place DK and Mario in the middle and you might get somewhere. Switch Jiggly and Yoshi, CF and Ness (arguable, the third jump isn't enough to determine and character's worth, especially when used in the right hands its far more destructive than a burden) as well. Unless you weren't looking at order.

But if you were now that I think of it I'd also change the order of top tiers, although I'm too lazy and bored and not in the mood to argue to really mention the order exactly.

...After all its mostly opinions, the best we can do is establish a general consensus.

FierceFox

Smash Apprentice
Theres no official tier list for SSB. I really think there should be one. Anyways here is what I think from playing the game.

*TOP*
Pikachu
Kirby
Luigi
Fox

*MIDDLE*
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Samus
Ness

*LOW*
Link
DK
Mario

platinum kirby

Smash Apprentice
Luigi too high. Awful match ups against the top tier people....er...wait. I was going to give more reasons why that tier list ^^^ is far from accurate but it'd take ages.

And as someone mentioned, yes, Ness' third jump isn't exactly the most amazing recovery move (AND it's often mentioned that some consider him high tier because of this). But then take a look at Fox. His comeback is also fairly bad, yet that isn't enough to prevent him from being high tier (possibly top O_O)

holy_pyro

Smash Cadet
Top:
Ness
Kirby
Jigglypuff

Middle:
DK
Mario
Falcon

Low:
Luigi
Link
Samus

These tiers were based off the top of my head and how good I'am with those characters.

I don't understand why Jigglypuff and Ness are related low they should be considered the best. Ness's Down-a move trumps most moves and you can get them locked with Down-a between you and the ground

Jigglypuff once you know each characters % to KO you can easily use her Down-B move to finish anyone once you have the required percent.

P.S first time posting here, long time player and I have not been defeated.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Top:
Ness
Kirby
Jigglypuff

Middle:
DK
Mario
Falcon

Low:
Luigi
Link
Samus

These tiers were based off the top of my head and how good I'am with those characters.

I don't understand why Jigglypuff and Ness are related low they should be considered the best. Ness's Down-a move trumps most moves and you can get them locked with Down-a between you and the ground

Jigglypuff once you know each characters % to KO you can easily use her Down-B move to finish anyone once you have the required percent.

P.S first time posting here, long time player and I have not been defeated.
You forgot three characters.

holy_pyro

Smash Cadet
yeah the missing characters are characters i dont deem worthy or recognise as any good, from the vids ive seen with isai, he seems good but i cant tell if this is him playing online with "hacks" so to speak like ive read around here or hes actually playing on the N64 console.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
so you've never been beaten and you don't deem fox and pikachu worthy of a tier position? :laugh: Play me online sometime I'll play fox so it should be an easy match for you.

holy_pyro

Smash Cadet
playing online on a computer is probably way different from playing on a console if you didn't know that. I'm positive you would beat me online since I've only heard about online smash for only a day or 2. And yes I actually can't get it to work. Something about this "Direct 3D failed to initialized Error code:8876086C D3DERR_INVALIDCALL". So I can't play offline or online at all.

And even if I got it to work the skill i aquired on a console wouldn't transfer immediately to the computer. I would have to use a keyboard which I couldn't even think about using as a controller. I'd gladly face you on a console but online, nah.

platinum kirby

Smash Apprentice
lol, your claims and plain stupid tier list are enough to know you're far from being a pro. And if you think you can beat Metroid on a console...well, just LOL. And, do you think we'd recognize Isai as the best player in the world if he just played online using hacks? ¬_¬....

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
http://cgi.ebay.com/N64-to-USB-adap...2QQihZ009QQcategoryZ21200QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is an n64 to usb adapter for your computer, so you can use the same controller you use with your undefeated console skill. Online may be a little bit harder to play but after you get used to it, the results wouldn't vary more then a stock or maybe two if you played the same person at the same time offline.

The direct 3d just means you have the wrong plugin or the plugin is missing, redownload the emulator and rom and it should work just fine.

Iam_M3tr01D@hotmail.com is my msn if you seriously think you're good and want to play, I'd be more then happy to walk you through any problems you might encounter. If you're just another rook that shows up here every day saying you're the best without playing any known players or making vids or anything plz just leave.

If you live somewhere in Washington state I could try to make plans to meet up and play, but any further then that is too far for me cause I don't have a license and very limited funds.

holy_pyro

Smash Cadet
Now its giving me "Direct3D failed to initialized your HAL device make sure you have properly configured 3D graphics card compatible with Direct3D 6.0"

Sensei

Smash Lord
If somebody could figure out how to fix this problem, I would appreciate it because I have several friends that can't play on the emulator because of that error.

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
i think it's probably maybe something they did to anger god.

also, holy pyro, if you live near berkeley california or nj, i'd be interested in playing you sometime. i don't play online really.

holy_pyro

Smash Cadet
i think it's probably maybe something they did to anger god.

also, holy pyro, if you live near berkeley california or nj, i'd be interested in playing you sometime. i don't play online really.

i fixed it and now i can play but sometimes it lags

and i live in ont

Chef_dude548

Smash Rookie
Uhh.. yeah.

TOP TIER:

Kirby
Pikachu

HIGH TIER:

Fox
CF
Ness

MIDDLE TIER:

Mario
Yoshi
Jiggs
Samus

LOW TIER:

Luigi
DK

BOTTOM TIER:

Link

FYI: Kirby is GOD in this game. A pink, soft. arse-kicking GOD.

Fabrian

Smash Journeyman
wat you talkin bout O.o samus can combo... put luigi over jigs, mario under yoshi, link over the newly placed luigi, samus wth dk.

Top Bottom