• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Opinions?

KrispyKabbage

Smash Cadet
I want to see what you guys think the tier list should look like. (Yes, I know the rest of you think Peach is better than ICs) Also just remember that this is my stupid opinion (Example: ICs position)

Mine goes (as of Feb 27, 2017)

S-Fox, Falco, Marth, Shiek

A-Puff, Ice Climbers, Peach, Falcon

B-Pikachu, Samus

C-Luigi, Doc, Mario, Yoshi

E-Ganon, Young Link, DK, Link

F-Ness, Roy, Game and Watch, Mewtwo

G-Pichu, Zelda

H-Kirby, Bowser

You might argue with the ICs or Yoshi or something but that won't change my mind

Some weird placement explainations:
ICs- The desyncs can get insane (plus wobbling).

Yoshi- TBH its just his recovery that made me put him there.

Ness-The DJC alone put him up there (and I know Mewtwo can DJC, but I think Mewtwo is just that bad that he stays there.

Mario- Has chaingrabs (and the throws that do so have different knockback so they work at different %s).

Ganon- Too slow.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
1. Fox, Marth, Falco, Sheik, Jiggs
2. Peach, Falcon
3. Climbers, Samus, Pikachu, Luigi
4. Yoshi, Doc
5. Ganon, Mario, Ylink, Link, G&W
6. DK
7. Stopped caring

Last edited:

Maza_1217

Smash Rookie
You have too many splits first of all. The characters aren't that divided in viability. Your list makes it look like a Samus beating a Fox is a huge upset (C-tier vs S-tier) when it really isn't at all. And if you're going to separate the top-tier from the TOP-top-tier, Falco is not as good as Fox. But the top 4 are so close there's really no point in it.

A = Fox, Marth, Falco, Sheik
A- = Puff, Peach
B = IC's, Falcon, Samus, Pikachu
C = Luigi, Yoshi, Mario, Doc
D = Ganon, Yink, DK, Mewtwo
D- = Link, Pichu
F = All others.

Yoshi doesn't need an Up Special recovery to be better than Mario/Doc lmao. Mario and Doc are just garbage Foxes, like Pikachu but worse. Yoshi has unique advantages no other character gets like parrying, super armor, and the ability to spam projectiles while invincible on the ledge. No was is his recovery bad enough to override all of that.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
For me:

1. Fox
2.Sheik
3. Falco
4. Marth
5. Puff
6. Falcon
7. Peach
8. Ganondorf
9. Ice Climbers
10. Samus
11. Doctor Mario
12. Mario
13. Luigi
14. Donkey Kong
15. Pikachu
16. Young LInk
17. Link
18. Zelda
19. Mewtwo
20. Game & Watch
21. Roy
22. Yoshi
23. Ness
24. Kirby
25. Bowser
26. Pichu

S-Fox, Falco

A-Marth, Shiek, Puff

B-Ice Climbers, Peach, Falcon

C-Pikachu, Samus

D-Luigi, Doc, Mario

E-Yoshi, Ganon

F-Young Link, DK, Link

G-Ness, Roy, Game and Watch, Mewtwo

H-Pichu, Zelda

I-Kirby, Bowser
Peach is better than Ics.
Don't think Weeg is better than Dr.
Yoshi's too high and Ganon's too low.

Raycu

Smash Apprentice
1. Fox
2/3. Falco
2/3. Marth
4. Peach
5. Puff
6. Shiek
7. Falcon
8. I.C.
9. I no longer care.

KrispyKabbage

Smash Cadet
You have too many splits first of all. The characters aren't that divided in viability. Your list makes it look like a Samus beating a Fox is a huge upset (C-tier vs S-tier) when it really isn't at all. And if you're going to separate the top-tier from the TOP-top-tier, Falco is not as good as Fox. But the top 4 are so close there's really no point in it.

A- = Puff, Peach
D- = Link, Pichu
F = All others.

Yoshi doesn't need an Up Special recovery to be better than Mario/Doc lmao. Mario and Doc are just garbage Foxes, like Pikachu but worse. Yoshi has unique advantages no other character gets like parrying, super armor, and the ability to spam projectiles while invincible on the ledge. No was is his recovery bad enough to override all of that.
Yeh I was going more for the positions than the tiers, I'll probably edit that

KrispyKabbage

Smash Cadet
BTW: Yoshi and Peach(especially Peach) would be higher if had valued results more, but I'm just going off of how good I think they are as characters.

KrispyKabbage

Smash Cadet
I'll probably make a second one that takes tourney positions into account as well as your opinions.:seuss:

KrispyKabbage

Smash Cadet
I want to keep the list as well as the opinions on it here. Like when I said yoshi and peach would go up it could become confusing to new users to this thread when they see people complaining about their positions.

Last edited:

KrispyKabbage

Smash Cadet
Also, thread, I had some yoshi practice today and found that I usually made it back to the stage while recovering, so expect a rise. I guess I should have had more practice before placing him that badly:yeahboi:.

Last edited:

KrispyKabbage

Smash Cadet

A- = Puff, Peach
D- = Link, Pichu
F = All others.

FYI on the current tier list there's an even larger gap between samus and fox than on my list. SS to C As opposed to S to B (you had the wrong tier for samus in your complaint).

Last edited:

Raycu

Smash Apprentice
For future reference, edit posts, or keep them in a single post. Never double post, that's a faux pas. A triple post is just bad, and a quadruple post is.... :/

Last edited:

Sly_

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK ON A NASTY DUNK...
Game&watch is underrated, pikachu sucks, bowser is ****ing sick, falco sucks, i rest my case.

SS Fox
S Marth Falco
A Sheik Peach Puff
B Icies Falcon
C Samus Pika
D Doc Yoshi Luigi G&W
E Ganon Mario Ylink Link DK
F Roy Mewtwo Ness Bowser
G Zelda Pichu Kirby

Last edited:

Ten of Nine

Smash Apprentice
Nothing about G&W is underrated

His defensive game is abysmal
and his offense isn't even close to good enough to make up for it.

Can't shield
Can't Powershield
Can't roll
super bad tech rolls
terrible spot dodge
slow aerials and laggy recovery
Has a good Dtilt and Jab but can't CC high enough to use them as well as mid and high tiers
Has okay grabs but so does everyone currently above him
Is about as light as paper but falls fast making him very easy to combo (also sprawls out when hit making him a large target like DK/Bowser)
Has a bad jump and DJ making combos even easier and making it easier to escape and camp him
OoS options equate to Up-B to getting punished (90% chance he got shield poked first)

Fundamental things that even Bowser and Kirby take for granted G&W isn't capable of...

Last edited:

CanBeatAnyFaux

Smash Cadet
Anyone who puts Pichu below ~23 doesn't know what they're talking about
SS: Fox
S: Marth, Falco, Puff
A: Sheik, Falcon, Peach
B: ICs, Pikachu, Samus, Yoshi
C: Luigi, G&W, Doc, Mario, Yung Link, Ganondorf
D: Link, DK, Pichu
E: Mewtwo, Zelda
:(: Roy, Ness, Kirby, Bowser

Falco and Puff could switch
Falcon and Peach could switch
G&W could go down a few
Link and DK could switch
Seriously if you put Pichu last you don't have any clue what you're talking about

Last edited:

Ten of Nine

Smash Apprentice
Tell me which character above her she's better than
Putting Sheik on the same tier as Falcon is the clearest indicator you might not know enough about this game at higher levels

Putting G&W on the same tier as Luigi , Mario, and Doc is pretty damn funny too since all the Mario brothers could just hold down, smash down on the C-stick, and still do better than any G&W in the entire history of this game's competitive existence.

Last edited:

Raycu

Smash Apprentice
I may not think Shiek is the best, or even top four, but she's definitely not A tier.

JasonKaroshi

Smash Apprentice
Ice Climbers is definitely not above Peach and Falcon. Except for Sheik, who goes even, slightly wins, or can cheese them with Zelda, all the top tiers have a way of dealing with Ice Climbers. Fox can drill shine, Falco has his oppressing lasers, Marth simply outranges their approaches, Puff edge-guards and aerial camps can frustrate IC players, Peach d-smash and pretty much all her aerials, Falcon has insane pressure, and once they're in the air it's basically game over.

That being said, here's mine:

1. SS Tier: Fox: Self explanatory: Top 3 best results in any Smash Bros. game (Next to Pikachu and Meta Knight). Everyone knows how good Fox is and his even or better matchup against everyone blah blah blah moving on.

2 and 3. S Tier: Falco and Marth: This is a tie for me, as I really cannot feel which one is better. I think Falco is a really good character, but Marth has better results due to there being only 2 top Falco's, Westballz and Mang0, and there being a ton of strong Marth's out there like PPU, M2K, Rudolph, The Moon, and Colbol.

4. S Tier: Puff: Hungrybox's Puff is doing insanely well with multiple high placings like 3rd at UGC, 2nd at both Summits 3 and 4, Dreamhack Winter, and DPotG. Although, the lack of a notable win since EVO has been a dent into her, and her lack of a dedicated main fanbase is what really drags her down. If she had as much players as even Falco at 2 who are nearly as skilled as Hungrybox, then maybe she could be third.

5. S Tier: Sheik: I think Sheik is very close behind Puff, but she has not had a win at any major in I believe years. She has however gotten high placings thanks to M2K's usage of her, Plup doing very well recently, and Shroomed still doing well. She has the fanbase, but doesn't have the results of Fox, Falco, Marth, or Puff.

6. S Tier: Peach: Peach is tied with Sheik, yet slightly under. Much like Puff, she doesn't have the fanbase, but has the results from Armada. She is not as good as Puff however since Armada frequently pulls out his Fox, but his win at Genesis 4 only using Peach speaks volumes about her. If we see Armada solo-maining her more often, she could be flat out ahead of Sheik.

7. A Tier: Captain Falcon: Insane punish game, especially against the spacies, however he doesn't do too hot against the other top tiers. Fox can combo him hard and shine spike easily, Falco's lasers are oppressive, Marth isn't actually too bad for Falcon, but he can edge-guard him easily, Puff forces Falcon to approach, and can deny his approaches with the obvious b-air. If he gets her into her shield and tries to pressure her, she can rest out of it, however Puff's shield is pretty small. Peach loses to Falcon slightly until she gets a turnip, but Falcon is fast enough to stop her. Sheik can toss him like a ragdoll. All in all, he loses all matchups above him except Peach and Marth slightly.

8. A Tier: Ice Climbers: I explained this above, but in summary she loses all the matchups above her.

9. A Tier: Samus: Niche pick who is still very strong and hard to kill due to her insane recovery and weight.

10. A Tier: Pikachu: Another niche pick but still strong. Tail spike decimates opponents. Is close to Samus, if not tied with her, but again, lacks the fanbase of Samus mains like Hugs, Duck, and Plup's Samus.

11. B Tier: Yoshi: When played perfectly, Yoshi is definitely a top 3 character. He actually has a decent matchup versus Marth and can gimp fast fallers like Fox, Falco, and Falcon.

I'm just gonna list off the rest and I might do the explanations later:

12. B Tier: Luigi:

13. B Tier: Dr. Mario:

14. B Tier: Mario:

15. B Tier: Young Link

16 and 17: C Tier: Link and Ganondorf:

18. C Tier: Donkey Kong:

19. C Tier: Game & Watch:

20. C Tier: Pichu:

21. D Tier: Roy:

22. D Tier: Mewtwo:

23. D Tier: Ness:

24. D Tier: Zelda:

25 and 26. D Tier: Kirby and Bowser:

Last edited:

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
S Tier::foxmelee::marthmelee::jigglypuffmelee:
A Tier::sheikmelee::falcomelee::peachmelee::icsmelee:
B Tier::falconmelee::samusmelee::pikachumelee:
C Tier::drmario::luigimelee::ganondorfmelee::yoshimelee::younglinkmelee:(Young Link and Yoshi could be switchable)
D Tier::mariomelee::dkmelee::linkmelee:
F Tier::roymelee::gawmelee::mewtwomelee::zeldamelee::nessmelee:
G Tier::pichumelee::kirbymelee::bowsermelee:

Raycu

Smash Apprentice
Fox Falco is pretty close, falco marth is pretty close, falco Peach is a losing mu. But you have to remember that just because they have a slight losing advantage doesn't make them worse. You also have to remember Peach loses to Marth, Sheik loses to Puff. Just because everyone in their spread is slightly better doesn't mean they can't be above them in tier. It's like the weapon triangle in FE or rock paper scissors. Paper isn't **** because it loses to rock, because it's a counter to scissors. Bows in FE might not be strong against everything, but they're weak against nothing.

It's that sort of idea that lets Falco be high tier. Not to mention that there are some good Falcos out their that place pretty well (West being 8th miom and Mango being 4th as of 2016).

So whether character matchups or current placings I'd say Falco is doing a lot stronger than you place him.

Last edited:

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
i personally dont believe that he has it that close with most characters, and the only reason that mango and wes do well is because of playing as long as they have and overall skill, like if they never played falco they would both still be top 10 players. Then again it's just my opinion

Raycu

Smash Apprentice
I only think falco loses to fox, and barely marth. Puff, sheik, peach, and climbers are about even imo.
Wouldn't climbers be a lot less than even with Falco's out of shield options and pretty safe approaches? Hell, laser snuffs a lot of their movement seeing as they're such wavedash heavy characters.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Wouldn't climbers be a lot less than even with Falco's out of shield options and pretty safe approaches? Hell, laser snuffs a lot of their movement seeing as they're such wavedash heavy characters.
Yeah, i mean technically one character must win, right? Puff and sheik are more even than peach, who is even closer to even than climbers. I just don't want to go into a numbers tirade lul. He doesn't have any really bad matchups, even considering fox.

Henke

Smash Rookie
S: Fox
S-: Marth, Falco, Sheik
A: Puff, Peach, ICs
A-: Falcon, Pikachu, Samus
B: Yoshi, Dr Mario, Luigi (unsure about the exact standing between these three)
C: Ganondorf, Young Link, Mario
D: DK, Link, G&W
E: Roy, MewTwo, Ness
F+: Zelda, Pichu
F: Bowser, Kirby

For PAL just swap the places of Puff & Sheik, and maybe put Ganon down a couple spots as well.

Ravengeance

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ravengeance
S: Fox, Marth, Falco, Sheik
A: Puff, Peach, Falcon, IC's
B: Pikachu, Samus, Ganon, Luigi, Doc, Mario, Yoshi
C: Doesn't matter

Top Bottom