• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier Level?

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
Middle to High Tier. Sadly, to say, I fear Meta-Knight will hold Top Tier along with BROKEN-AS-ALL-HELL Sheik.
I'd be happy as hell to have at least a decent-playing Meta Knight (he's always been my favorite Kirby character).

On the subject, I don't see Link being on the low tiers this time around. Too much has been improved and refined to complain about what little was lost. He's faster with almost everything, some of his attacks look to be a hair stronger, he seems to maintain his above-average heaviness, and his projectiles (especially his bow it seems) are all improved and/or more refined (I just hope the Gale Boomerang's iconic function doesn't come off as a gimmick). I'll predict it as a good mid-tier spot, assuming not TOO many of the newcomers are ideal for tournies and such.

FrozenHero

Smash Rookie
I think Link will be at least High Tier. He can block projectiles while standing still, his spin attack is amazing and he has only gotten better since Melee.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
I think Link will be at least High Tier. He can block projectiles while standing still, his spin attack is amazing and he has only gotten better since Melee.
WRONG! Gimpy said his up b has become far worse than before. Other pros agree on this.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
^But they also agree everything else has been made at least a tad better. The way I see it, he was improved noticeably, but no more than necessary (necessary as in becoming a more well-balanced character overall like Mario). In that sense, he has no more glaring weaknesses since his recovery doesn't suck like in SSB64, and he's not as laggy or slow as he was in SSBM.

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
^But they also agree everything else has been made at least a tad better. The way I see it, he was improved noticeably, but no more than necessary (necessary as in becoming a more well-balanced character overall like Mario). In that sense, he has no more glaring weaknesses since his recovery doesn't suck like in SSB64, and he's not as laggy or slow as he was in SSBM.
Yea, his biggest buff was probably his speed imo.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I think it is too early to tell but I really think he has alot of promise this time around and wouldn't be surprised if he ended up high tier or in the upper mid tier.

Middle to High Tier. Sadly, to say, I fear Meta-Knight will hold Top Tier along with BROKEN-AS-ALL-HELL Sheik.

Even though these things can't be predicted, Link isn't going to be in the upper class, unfortunately. Also, Meta Knight isn't even close to Top tier. For christ sake, me or Timmy couldn't kill with him before 150% minimum. Meta Knight may have fast attacks, but he has average agility, light weight, and extremely low knock back on all of his attacks.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
Even though these things can't be predicted, Link isn't going to be in the upper class, unfortunately. Also, Meta Knight isn't even close to Top tier. For christ sake, me or Timmy couldn't kill with him before 150% minimum. Meta Knight may have fast attacks, but he has average agility, light weight, and extremely low knock back on all of his attacks.
So was Jiggly puff for the most part, and they made that thing a mid-tier. The way I see it, Metaknight's something of the sort with B-Moves that are actually a little more reliable.

lorddave551

Smash Apprentice
tier list isn't a big deal, its mostly skill that matters. Otherwise i guess i'd put link in the middle tier since he tends to have a more balanced game.

Tatsujinken

Smash Journeyman
It's going to be really weird using Brawl Link... I already have some "issues" with him, namely his Up+B being nerfed and his Hero's Bow automatically shooting fully charged arrows (meaning you can't hold on to them for as long as you want anymore). But hey, as long as Link doesn't suck as bad as he did in SSB64 then I'll be happy.

Link92693

Smash Rookie
I think mid-high tier because from what ive seen hes much faster this time around. O well ive been maining him since super smash bros 64 anyway and nothings gonna change lol

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Probably around middle. His recovery doesn't seem too great.

But I wouldn't even want him too high because then everyone would main him like Fox.

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
In a place where people are tortured endlessly and

But I wouldn't even want him too high because then everyone would main him like Fox.
I agree with you on that.

EDIT: I also agree with you, Aurashade. I just couldn't find a better way to say "How Much Respect Do You Think Link Will Get In Brawl?" without making it so long or sound so weird.

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Link overall is so awesome, stronger than Toon Link to say the least!
Yeah, but Toon Link is way faster and seems to have a much better recovery.

But I really hope there isn't too much of a difference between them. If TL is way better, I might be tempted to switch over. But I really don't want to.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
I didn't see any particular issues with his recovery at all. In midair, the move seems pretty identical to Melee's, which was at least better than his SSB64 recovery. They aren't stupid enough to repeat the same issue a second time.

iron blade

Smash Ace
High tier. He's strong, has decent projectiles, much better recovery, and is a lot faster now. The fact that he is heavy and isn't knocked off easily doesn't hurt either.

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
High tier. He's strong, has decent projectiles, much better recovery, and is a lot faster now. The fact that he is heavy and isn't knocked off easily doesn't hurt either.
Fast heavy what? That makes little sense, not only is Link faster, but by making him so, he has given up his weight. He's pretty much a lightweight now, as far as movement goes. By my predictions his attack speed has only increased by a small amount, so don't ever say he's heavy. You're all making too big a deal out of this tier thing, its some serious poppycock.

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman

I'm saying Middle-High Tier as well.

But at your Sheik comment, if you've seen any video footage, or read any reviews from the pros, S\he has been nerfed like crazy.

•Col•

Smash Champion
bottom tier LOLOLOLOL

seriously, wait for the game to come out, jesus
>_> .... It is already out......

Edit: And also, why is everyone saying that Link's recovery has been nerfed? o-o

I thought his Spin Attack was even better for recovery now....

HiIH

Smash Lord
You can't directional air dodge to clawshot, since directional air dodging has been taken out to eliminate wavedashing.

This is unfortunate, yet if there is a possibility of a bomb jump (or even an easier bomb jump), not to mention the awesomeness of the clawshot to up B, then Link will still have one of the better recoveries in the game.

denisuki~

Smash Rookie
>_> .... It is already out......

Edit: And also, why is everyone saying that Link's recovery has been nerfed? o-o

I thought his Spin Attack was even better for recovery now....
It is but none of the people that make the ******** threads have played it, I don't see many Japanese here, maybe 1-2 people tops have purchased it, plus to decide tiers you should really play a while.

You're worse than them if you defend them.

Top Bottom