• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tiddy up!

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Well looking around other sticky threads among the boards, I realized that they look really nice. And since I'm not a mod and can't edit the old threads, I wanted to send out a public announcement that we need to step it up. We can't be respected with a ogreish board.

~Matchup Thread~​
-Add pictures and maybe colors
-Make it easier to read and make a basic setup
Maybe just suggesting you start with pros and cons and then work into a paragraph or a detailed section that says how you should fight the character. And even a video of a DK player in the match up.

~Video Thread~​
Ripple is touching it up maybe even as I'm typing this. I know you put some work into getting those pictures so don't just switch you format because of what I said but I think it would be better to just have the players name and put the matches under. So if I wanted to see Samurai Panda I just scroll down and click the vid. Maybe add those mini Brawl heads to identify who is fighting. Put a key and color code it to show Team Matches, Friendlies, Tourney Matches, and the like.

~Stage Discussion~​
Lets combine one stage discussion thread then have a bunch floating around. Nix's is looking pretty good. But please don't revive old threads like my Japes one -.-

~Move Discussion~​
Saw it on the peach boards and liked it alot. I think it should be mainly used because the newer DK players don't know about using the Grounded UpB or don't use Utilts enough. Mainy just somewhere to go to show the newcomers how to play. Getting pictures of the move would also help with whoever takes this job on

These are just suggestions to show the strength of use DK boards, and we know how to match colors... right? I guess... Well whatever, tell me how you guys feel.

daisho

Smash Lord
Good Ideas overall!

About the video thread... it would be great if we could have character by character and player, but character is better if you have to choose one since most people won't know which players are good and if they are looking for a specific matchup then they have to search every video.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Good Ideas overall!

About the video thread... it would be great if we could have character by character and player, but character is better if you have to choose one since most people won't know which players are good and if they are looking for a specific matchup then they have to search every video.
That's true, but to someone like me that really enjoys tourney matches that I couldn't see in person, its nice to just find the players quickly. And its going to look less empty seeing as they aren't too many Link vs DK or DK vs CF matches out there.

daisho

Smash Lord
Definitely true, your character image thing seems like a great solution, but it would probably be a lot of work.

ook

Smash Lord
We can't be respected with a ogreish board.

We have a pretty ogreish character... why not? :ohwell:

No but really, good ideas.

I agree with the mini character heads for the video thread. I dunno where ripple was going with those giant pictures of varying shapes and sizes, but it takes forever to scroll down... :/ not to mention there are no videos lol

they have smilies for all the characters lol
:dk2::dk2::dk2::dk2::dk2::dk2::dk2::dk2::dk2::dk2::dk2::dk2::dk2::dk2::dk2::dk2::dk2::dk2::dk2::dk2::dk2::dk2::dk2::dk2::dk2::dk2::dk2::dk2:

lol

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
lol no Bowser is orgerish, DK is "Big Sexy" no homo.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Great Job on it. Never thought my words could make an impact. I would ask Ripple if I can take over the video job.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Well, currently the DK boards are the slowest character boards. I have actually been impressed lately by people picking it up. We just recently got a stage and move discussion thread. I'm also starting to see more DK players at tournaments. It seems that DK's popularity is on the rise. So yeah, lets try to keep the place looking cool for everyone.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Since I prolly won't be attending anymore tournies I guess I could help out the DK community by doing something useful. If KoSa! doesn't do the video thread I guess I could pick it up. Or maybe organize the matchup thread.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Some of us would prefer an outline style layout with bolding, underlines and font size changes as opposed to reading colors. Its bad enough reading white on dark text :dizzy: "Ow, my eyes!"

I'm a designer and i understand its just forum boards but really flashy=\=good

I just briefly skimmed over this but if you want to make the OP's of important threads clean and concise please refer to this link while doing it.
What is so attractive or cool about that ostrich from Donkey Kong Country anyways?

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Ill do the video thread. Ripple said its okay since he doesn't have as much free time.

daisho

Smash Lord
Thats a great failpic... yeah, i noticed that (tidy) but didn't care enough to mention it. I just ignored it and pronounced the title Tid dee up.

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
Didnt see any MK pic in the video thread? where?
and well.. I see we're already starting fixing this stuff... Some threads could use some updating for prettyness and stuff I suppose... But I guess with time~ Thanks KoSa, We love yous!

(Btw, My signature wont ever show... Its small already...)

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Thats a great failpic... yeah, i noticed that (tidy) but didn't care enough to mention it. I just ignored it and pronounced the title Tid dee up.
Lol the fail pic is hilarious. I have a whole bunch

Nice. I loved the new MK pic in the Video thread. Made me LOl.
LOL BEWARE OF NADO!

Didnt see any MK pic in the video thread? where?
and well.. I see we're already starting fixing this stuff... Some threads could use some updating for prettyness and stuff I suppose... But I guess with time~ Thanks KoSa, We love yous!

(Btw, My signature wont ever show... Its small already...)
??? I dont know whats going on... If you signature is too big they just cut some of it off but they dont even show it???

And thanks i love you guys too No homo.

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
Yeah.. Not even like the text and stuff.... Either >> (For my Sig) Maybe theres some option or permissions I need.

And yay, we got a critique thread up! So whats left? Revamp the matchup one? which is uber-important.... So all the scores are properly registered and everything.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
I'll do it when i don't have stacks of work

so probably sunday/monday
Work is killing me too. School/Homework/Study, Basketball, SSBB practice, Social time, Then Kody Time aka Mah time *wink* *wink*

Top Bottom