• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Exactly.
We should do less popular characters, because that off chance we come across one, we want to know how to fight them.
Well, we're going to be discussing some tougher match-ups, though Diddy Kong and Falco are tough opponents against Samus in general.

If anyone has anymore information on Diddy Kong, please offer it. The Diddy Kong board doesn't seem like the kind of people who want to brawl with a Samus main. So I guess we'll have to watch from videos and previous experience on this one. I might extend this to another week, since we haven't gotten a whole lot of information.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Well, we're going to be discussing some tougher match-ups, though Diddy Kong and Falco are tough opponents against Samus in general.

If anyone has anymore information on Diddy Kong, please offer it. The Diddy Kong board doesn't seem like the kind of people who want to brawl with a Samus main. So I guess we'll have to watch from videos and previous experience on this one. I might extend this to another week, since we haven't gotten a whole lot of information.
Well as of tonight, I'm sort of picking up Diddy, so I guess here's my input:
His recovery is incredibly easy to predict and punish, spike when able.
Samus's glide toss is hardcore mind games, abuse it if you get a hold of a banana.(Don't focus on throwing them off, it's just a chance to get a new one closer to him.)
Falling uair's work wonders here, popping up enough for another aerial.
Missile pressure is amazing here, keep it up while he is trying to set up for his nana combos, then charge shot his ***.
Don't rely too much on Zair here, he's small, so you have to time it weird, and he can recover from it mostly.
His throw's are fairly easy to DI, so you can outlive this little guy well.
Bombs are surprisingly very useful, he'll accidentally run into them whilst trying to do his banana combo's.
Since he's light, bair kills fairly early, DI or not.(So pick a stage with platforms, makes missile pressure more aggravating on them.)
Try to make sure he doesn't get an opportunity to approach you.

All I can say on his behalf is that once he gets going with his combo's, he's a force.
Samus's recovery is pretty easy to predict too, so his spike is easy to land.(and unfortunately, it's harder hitting then ours.)
Though Samus can stay alive longer then him, with good DI, and as long as the Samus doesn't land an early spike, you can live to about 150% give or take with him.

But I'd say this match up is 60:40 Diddy, maybe even 65:35.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ok bye byteeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom