• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THOT- A Tucson, AZ Tourny. (12/17/05)SETUPS NOW!<---!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNDlSPUT3D

Smash Journeyman

T.H.O.T " The Hero of Time " A two day long event.

ATTENTION ARIZONA: We need to discuss television setups, GC setups and possible housing.
Let's get this rollin'.

--SETUPS:

GCN
MedafighterX
Undisput3d
Treeko
Nicholai
IronDragon
TripleJay
Kyre913
YoungFab
Glide
Seshmename

TVs
Undisputed(2)
Medafighter(2)
Kyre(1)
Treeko(1)
Irondragon(1)
Triplejay(1)
Nicholai(1, maybe)

UNCONFIRMED TVs from LOCALS:
Seshmename
Glide
TAJ
Any other phnx people?

Also I forgot to mention that the Party House has an indoor theater for the finals.
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

The tournament is set in stone...

This is official ladies and gents. We're hosting AZ's biggest smash tourny and this is no joke.
We've got the community vast around the edges of Phoenix so expect a large outcome from AZ for once. Why come to this? Arizona has traveled the nation to earn a name for themselves and grow in experience. Now that AZ is finally doing good for themselves and ranking nicely in well known OOS tournaments, it's your turn to come to us. C'mon Kansas and Texas, YOU OWE US! Not to mention this is going to be KICK *** FUN!

Expecting to be OOS:
The KS/MI crew. ( Dmac, Darkrain, phatgamer...You know the cew...

Cali! ( Elite 5, Superfriends, Dbr...

Texas! ( CC...So far, more from texas better come! Dkcrew is still hurt by sean's ****...=(

New York! (DA--WHAT? Nah, I've only had word from young fab...NY is scared anyways.

New Mexico! ( Whatever they salvage.

Nevada! ( These guys aren't bad! Expect them to show.

Oregon! (Changs Mongolian Oregon crew...

Washington? ( I have family there...But Other than that, SKYPAL Should show! <3

Where? : Tucson Arizona.
Adress: 7671 E. Tanque Verde/Dos Hombres Tanque Verde Apartments
Held within the vacinity of the complex in a well accomidating club house.
When? : 12/17/05, a full week before christmas eve. ( If this is a problem let me know).
Start time: Registry begins at 9-10am.

What is being offered? : A $200 OOS for one.
A chance to play some of AZ's best <=( Lol)
Free meals while during tournament.

!!!
Medafighter X said:
this is starting to sound good.......

you need to lure them in tony...........

everyone who comes to the tounry will get free eggees...........now what the fu<k is that you ask.........eggees is only in tucson.............and is the best known cure for cottonmouth......lolz........

And attempt at free housing.

RULES:

Entry Fees:
Singles: $20
Doubles: $20 team. ($10 per team member)
Crews: SOcal is expected to show and so is CC, and amongst other crews.
Crews will start some time in between doubles and singles. After crews Expect low tier.
Low tier: $3. Most people aren't happy with 1-2 dollar entry fees...

KEEPING ALIVE LEVEL 9 challenge! : $1.
For those of you who're oblivious to this game, it's simple.
All you do is setup a bracket in tournament mode and each person bets
a dollar on a character he or she wishes. You can pick more than one character
but only one person per character. The characters are completely randomized.

Tournament Rules
•Double Elimination
•All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
•4 stock, 8 minute limit
•Ties broken by lives/percentage
•Items OFF

•Stages:
••Stages limited to the 6 neutral stages for random, others open for counterpicks.
••Neutral stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams,, Kirby 64, Pokemon Stadium
••Stages banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Yoshi's Island 64, Big Blue.
••Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single match, either by random select or by picking
•Knock-out: Each person knocks out one stage for entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
•Double Blind pick may be called at any time

•Special Team Rules:
• Team Attack ON
• Life stealing allowed

Other Rules & Special Issues

-- Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

-- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

--Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

-- Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.

--You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.

Please send the flight info to the contact listed.
Also, to register email me with you info, your crew, and all whom is coming with you.
Housing for now is limited , it's a first come first serve basis.

Personal Info:
AIM : Neo Bahatmut
EMAIL: Tony_McGowin@hotmail.com
I'll post numbers later.

Hope to see you here!

NicholaiGinovaef

Smash Journeyman
Hey, this is pretty cool. I might go to this. Arizona isn't that far from EP. It's about a 4 1/2 hour drive from here. I'll look more into this when you post up some more info.

snowcannon11

Smash Rookie
Wow, a tourney in Tucson? Who would've thought...and Ken is coming to it? *drops jaw* Maybe it'll be fun getting ***** (in smash and not by other devious means) by the best player in the world.. Notify me of more info once you get it.

Medafighter X

Smash Journeyman
everyone should come..................this could be fun.....................i think i might show up............maybe.................who knows.......................

Medafighter X

Smash Journeyman
come on tony.................you have to start working on this now....................

this tourny needs to be huge.........since we live in a pretty big place now.........im sure we can house lots of people...............people who should be coming in from out of state................like kansas(you guys better come) and texas(its not even that far for you guys)...............

but seriously..............if you read this thread............think of what it would take to get you here.........and im sure either me or tony will be able to make it happen.............

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
yeah exactly what levi said lol.but seriously i see 192 views and only 17 posts and there pretty much from the same people.we need more people besides just me,levi,tony sean,etc.

forward

Smash Champion
Omar: What up man? Can't you get your super freinds to come to this? I wanna get my revenge on hugs, and chuckie wants to beat his *** again.

UNDlSPUT3D

Smash Journeyman
Well since housing in my place wouldn't be easy we'll have to have others in AZ oblige the OOS'ers...As far as for the tournament location, my club house in the complex is pretty **** big, but it's nothing like the space from MOAST or FC3, so we'd might as well find a larger place than taht, it's maximun occupancy is like...100? And that's being crowded, probally fit 80+ pretty comfortably. Now as for the competition, well that's all up to who's willing to come to az. The weather is badass in the winter. I can't see why people wouldn't want to make it to this. I'm thinking the date should be sometime before Christmas. You know? Maybe a week before? What do you guys think?

Zarelid

Smash Lord
I could proably house like 2 people at my moms, heh if that matters.

"black mamba"

Smash Journeyman
the girl is back

I should be able to make it, that is if i can get a ride. And I know at least one person from tucson that plays smash who might join in... It's a start.

Lord

Smash Apprentice
We might be able to house a few people at our place, depending no how the other guys feel abut it.....other then that.....see you guys at the tournament

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
i dont know if ill be able to make it because of housing.i would ask you sean if i could stay at your place for the night but OOS'ers need housing more.and there just more important than me anyway.but i dont know yet we'll see how it all turns out.

UNDlSPUT3D

Smash Journeyman
All of kansas should show, I've heard that you are anyways...Sweet, some midwest challengers. =) It'd be nice to some KS once again. Miss you guys <3, Lol.

(NYC)Fab

Smash Journeyman
I will try to come sounds good.Kinda far from me but Ill see what I can do I will most likely be there dude.

UNDlSPUT3D

Smash Journeyman
Ratking1234 said:
!!!!! I'm there AZ FTW. . . Wooooooooooo! haha Tony Marry me pls! :laugh:
gonna bring hella greenery to this ^^
This I have a feeling, will be awsome. I'll give you my proposal at that tourny. Make sure to be there. =)

Medafighter X

Smash Journeyman
this is starting to sound good.......

you need to lure them in tony...........

everyone who comes to the tounry will get free eggees...........now what the fu<k is that you ask.........eggees is only in tucson.............and is the best known cure for cottonmouth......lolz........

Mr.C

Smash Master
If this is during Xmas break then there is a chance I could go, from now to dec. I could get the money and tell my parents im visiting our family our thier...hmmmmmm...

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Well I would say I could come and so could some ppl from around here I know but that all depends on the day its held on....cuz if its held on finals week there is no way in hell I could make it.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
I'll work on doing some SKYPAL convincing seeing as Oregon is like their NorthWest Brethren. Some of them should be down for going though I would assume. I will be in Washington for MLG Seattle this weekend so I will talk to them for sure. Man this tourney will be awesome too! its in AZ in December. Like don't you guys actually have nice weather. . . decent weather. . . or something then??????? Anyways. I also HAVE to see this ultimate cure for cottonmouth I read about in the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom