• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Those **** Waddle Dees...

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
I'm an ex Falcon player trying to master Snake (yeah I know its a HUGE style change) and I'm having fun being tactical and "Shikamaru-like" with him. I recently ran into a road block with him however. I have issues against King Dedede and his Waddle Dees and Doos. My friend just likes to spam them so they take the explosive hits for them and then he closes in on me. I need a way to counteract this. Its really funny because they're Waddle Dees but at the same time it's the most annoying thing ever. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
If you hold down A it will do that auto punch. Which blocks the waddle dees and doos and poos and whatever else there is. Not sure about the gordos though...just remember to hold down a after every waddle (whatever).

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Avoid them, while getting over them may be a pain, if there are 2 on the field he cannot throw any more of them.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Avoid them, while getting over them may be a pain, if there are 2 on the field he cannot throw any more of them.
Yes Tenki is correct you can spam Waddle Dees and Doos all day long its just only two may be on the field at the same time with the exception of his Final Smash. That however doesn't matter if he can just spam Waddles so that old ones who aren't serving a purpose (in this particular case its to be mine bait) My grenades and mines become almost useless in this situation even shield dropped Nades as there is usually one Waddle near my friends Dedede so that he is protected. Perhaps I should be a bit more physical and not fear them but they mess people up if left unattended. They're annoying on the same scale as Diddy's bananas. Thats wht I need some help getting past them.

ShadowDigo

Smash Cadet
You can always approach with the cromslide, snakeslide, mortarslide, whatever-slide; it's always a nice approach and you can travel quickly to very far with it.

Azgner

Smash Apprentice
yeah,mortar slide usually knock the waddle dees/doos from the field. just do it as he is in the end of the throw, you should aproach him, knock his waddle whatever out of the way and still have time to attack him(or the mortal shell will hit him.

OGsloane

Smash Rookie
i run into this problem alot. just have to outcamp. approaching is good with the mortar slide but dont get caught by chain throw, it racks damage fast.

Top Bottom