• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Those mysterious moments online

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The weirdest thing happend to me once. I don't know why or how the heck it happend, but one time when I was in the waiting room in Basic Brawl with anyone, the icon for player 2 disappeared completely. A few seconds later, one space across from where the icon was appeared a red player 1 icon. Once the match started, that player was still labeled as player 1 and I was labeled as player 2. I also had no control of my character. I reset my Wii shortly after the match started.

melody9195

Smash Rookie
That happened to me yesterday...All three players left at the same exact time, and then a Player One and Player Three box appeared...A Player 4 joined, too. In the match I couldn't move at all, and instead of being Player One, and was Player Two...I filmed it and probably uploading it to youtube lol.

link2702

Smash Champion
Its a rare glitch that can occasionally happen...I can't remember how it goes....but basically if someone leaves at the very same time someone enters....it glitches like that.

or something like that anyhow.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If it's a glitch, then I'm guessing it was something Nintendo removed, and it was a glitch they missed before they released the game. But why can't you move when it happens?

Gabe Hartzog

Smash Apprentice
I was playing as Luigi on Final Destination in Basic Brawl when an Ike player got the Smash Ball. He drops down, lands, and catches a Peach player with his Final Smash. For some reason, I did a fsmash at the soccer ball in front of me at the same time Ike initiated it. It flew and hit Ike and Peach right after he flings his sword at the start up and it knocked them out of it and KO'd them both lol

melody9195

Smash Rookie
One time I was playing on Onett against a Pit, Pikachu and Kirby. I got into a SD with the Pit, and I KO'd him and taunted before the bombs started falling. I saved a replay of it for a reason I don't remember, but what shocked me was that in the replay of the SD, I didn't KO anything, just slashed the air with my sword and taunted while Pit was still alive and jumping around. After I taunted it seemed like everything was going too quickly (like the falling speed of the bombs/character animations) I was just standing there for a good five seconds before I got KO'd by a bomb
.I have no idea why or how that happened. Weird...

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
One time I was playing on Onett against a Pit, Pikachu and Kirby. I got into a SD with the Pit, and I KO'd him and taunted before the bombs started falling. I saved a replay of it for a reason I don't remember, but what shocked me was that in the replay of the SD, I didn't KO anything, just slashed the air with my sword and taunted while Pit was still alive and jumping around. After I taunted it seemed like everything was going too quickly (like the falling speed of the bombs/character animations) I was just standing there for a good five seconds before I got KO'd by a bomb
It's the replay glitch. I have some saved that replays differently than the actual match.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Replay glitch, they don't always seem to save correctly.

In my experience, they sometimes fix themselves though.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
It has been a while but here is a new one:

Earlier this week I was watching matches via Spectator Mode, placing coins on matches as usual, but then something happened that I've never seen before (and I have spectated thousands of matches.) After losing 99 coins watching a 4P free-for-all match on Rainbow Cruise, the SAME exact characters, colors, and stage appeared. I thought, is this a glitch in the matrix, or did they coincidentally have a rematch? Fortunately, I took note of who on last time, and even how many points each player had. Sure enough the Mr.G&W scored +5 again, I placed 100 coins on him, and everything played out exactly as before.

Has anyone ever seen the same match twice in a row in Spectator Mode? It's a great way to get a second chance if you pay attention!

Top Bottom