• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Those mysterious moments online

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Common glitch, actually

^

That glitch is actually common in "3 for Alls." I see the strange overlap in about 40% of them, although I have no idea why.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
David, it always amazes me how you break the art of watching noobs in a Wifi match down to a science.

Oh, and I forgot to mention about the Pika glitch a while back, it turns out Pika was holding the nade, and Snake received all of the damage.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Woah something I've never seen before. In the waiting room, there's a red box for P1. You know how it usually only shows 2, 3, and 4. There's a P1 right now. Wonder what'll happen.

Okay it has me as P3 and I can't control my character. And there's a P1 ROB. Saving this wtf.

It changed my color to blue as well. For one match.
That happened to me before I was CF and when the match started I was an Idle Fox i saw through a couple matches weird...

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Ready to Fight & Connection Lost together?!

Here's a new one, at least for me:

I was waiting for a Team Battle to begin, and all players' spots said Brawling. Usually the fight is ready to begin at this point. However, the countdown went to zero and stayed there for a little while. This is still somewhat normal behavior so far. Then the weirdest thing happened. The red "Ready to Fight" was stamped on the screen with the audience noise as usual, but at the same time, I had the white Connection Lost screen over top of that! I have never ever seen those on the same screen at the same time. Weird.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Another lovely post by mecha :awesome:.
Anyway, i noticed that white marths are usually skilled in SDing and black marths are truly skilled. Also, TPs are becoming very easy to rip apart.

Wrong thread:facepalm:

Oh i got one, When i was fighting this zss, someone got the timer and zss did her tether recovery on the ledge, she disappeared. O_O
This was on temple

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Disappeared? Would like to make some online do that

^

That's awesome if the character truly disappeared! Did you get to save the replay? I will just guess that the timer was in the process of running out and the sudden change in momentum caused the game to over-correct, thereby causing the ZSS to get stuck inside a wall or something. Or perhaps the tethering happened right as the timer was starting to take effect. In any event, I sure would like to make some of these item trolls online disappear....

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Invisible ceiling?

Green Greens is known for its glitchiness, usually with explosive apples and other oddities. Yesterday was different, though. Somehow a Kirby on the rightmost platform knocked my ZSS upward to the left, but I ended up bouncing off an invisible ceiling and came back downward. I have no explanation for it so far.

Zulo

Smash Ace
That happens when there's a block falling and it just hasn't made it onto the screen yet.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Thanks, I think that was it

^

That seems to explain it. It looks like I was just in range for it to happen that way.

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
Not so much a glitch, but I had a computer player get a pity smash after only 1 death never seen that before. Anybody know if damage ratios come into play with that? he did get thumped

:phone:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Recently, I had recovered with MK's SL and I got my jumps back - similar to Wolf's light stepping. Is this a glitch, or am I just a ****wad?

EDIT: After some research, I found out it's the latter.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Pikachu's "Forbidden Technique"! Well, almost.

Man, I am glad I save replays, even of seemingly mundane matches at first. I just reviewed ones from last night, getting ready to see which ones were worth keeping and which to delete. In one Team Battle, I saw my Pikachu partner fly WAY up the screen, nearly to heights that I normally do with Wario's "Forbidden Technique." I wasn't paying much attention when the match was live, but I knew something seemed weird even then. Here's how it worked:

Basically, the Pikachu grabbed a mushroom during the match, and just before it wore off, he needed to recover. It happened to wear off right while he was doing his Up+B, and he soared way beyond the visible portion of the top of the screen. He remained in free-fall for a good 11 seconds to give you an idea of just how high he went. Originally I wasn't going to save the match since the players were as bad as their item choices, but that glitch more than made up for it. It's awesome to watch, even if the rest of the match sucked.

Now I just need to find a way to exploit this physics glitch with Mario's taunt as it wears off somehow....

Zulo

Smash Ace
That glitch is known. But I've never seen it actually happen in a match and haven't been able to do it myself.

I highly doubt it works with Mario's taunt lol.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
I take no glitches for granted, even small ones

^

Ah but you see, it's my nature to look for the silliest potential glitches, no matter how far-fetched they may seem. I have to go through a ton of failed glitch ideas before I find the good ones. And sometimes the failed ones do lead to the good ones.

Anyway if you want the replay, let me know.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Today I was on Green Greens with Falcon, and for some reason, whenever I tried to jump over the blocks to the center part of the stage, I was hit some kind of invisible fire. It vanished when I was KOd. Also, I forgot to save a replay. Damnit.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
High bomb block, perhaps?

^
Are you sure it wasn't a falling bomb block above the stage, by chance? That stage is so glitchy.

On another note, as a follow-up to my previous post, I found that Pikachu's extreme high jump glitch is actually quite easy to do at will now in one situation. In Break the Targets level 2, immediately head left, wait for the poison shroom to fall, then Up+B into it. With the right timing, you fly far above the stage. If you pick up the deku nut prior to this, you can easily Star KO yourself this way. In fact, it inspired me to find how many ways possible to star KO oneself in Target Smash.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
That moment when you get hit by zelda's lightning kick at 260%, bounce off a wall, use Falcon Kick and temporarily stop moving outside of the kick, then resume to fly at great speeds to your death.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
It's often very difficult to tell who's hacking. Someone using character mods is easily discovered (unless they use P2,P3, or P4 character mods as well) but stage hackers are very hard to discover, mainly because, though I've stated this before, most Wifi hackers are markedly ********.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Theres ways to single the person out. Like if one person is doing something the others aren't, and vice versa, its most likely that one player.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Many hackers will just try to blend in. Until I forget to hit the deactivator before a match and end up Giga Bowser -_-

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Sidestepper (crab) DISAPPEARED

Yesterday, there was a match on the Mario Bros. stage that I saved for one reason alone. A downed red Sidestepper was in the process of turning blue and then someone hit the POW block. After that, it literally disappeared! I have never seen that glitch in any version of the classic Mario Bros. ever.

azn_tony_908

Smash Rookie
I remember I was playing a team brawl online, and when I joined the match, It started showering tons of fans non-stop. It hit on impact, except it didn't hit one person. It lagged me out too, so I couldn't get the replay.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
^Item rain hack. Most of the time it will make you freeze because the game just can't process all that ****.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
More reasons that I hate Meta Knight: He can steal your smashball in the blink of an eye.

No this Meta Knight was actually cool. I think what happened was that I landed on MK's bomb that he dropped and it knocked the smash ball out of me and the blast lasted sp long it broke it an gave it to MK. The room got dissconnected right as Mk got the smashball which was weird.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Today I was on Green Greens with Falcon, and for some reason, whenever I tried to jump over the blocks to the center part of the stage, I was hit some kind of invisible fire. It vanished when I was KOd. Also, I forgot to save a replay. Damnit.

Theres a glitch on green green that sometimes occurs when you blow up a bomb. The hitbox will linger there for like almost the whole match.

Lof

Smash Cadet
The other night while trying to play a bit of dedede I grabbed the person, yet they were not in my hand and standing? and when I pummeled they spazzed out and when I threw them down they bounced off the ground way way upward o.O Like off screen upward at only 32%

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Countdown timer with 3 in Team Battle waiting room?!

Here's a new one I just encountered minutes ago. I am in the Team Battle waiting room right now with another person. A third person eventually showed up and a timer started counting down! This isn't supposed to happen until all 4 slots are filled. What is even weirder is that the timer eventually went back up to 70 and stayed there. And then it would count down some and the process would repeat. Once the 3rd player left, things went back to normal with just myself and someone else with no timer. I'd snap a picture, but it wouldn't look any different from the Basic Brawl waiting room.

XxAshleyxX

Smash Rookie
One time my sister and I were having a 1vs1. I was Zelda and she was Ganondorf. Somehow we spiked eachother at the same time. 0_o

Another time, looooong long ago when I used to main Sheik, I was on Basic Brawl. The stage was Shadow Mosses Island. I was standing next to where the right tower should have been (it was broken down). I was shielding. Just as my shield ran out, the tower rose. It pushed me back, as usual, and left me spinning in the air. However, I didn't stop spinning, and once I fell to what would be about Ganondorf's height, I stopped falling and just continued revolving in the air in place. Everyone just stood and stared lol. That is, until stupid Ivysaur knocked me down. -_- Unfortunately I forgot to save a replay. :/

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I have encountered an invisible wall in Shadow Moses. I was in Sudden Death as Falco and I decided to destroy the left wall. I destroyed it and for some reason it acted like the wall was still there.

Also, on another occasion I was able to stand on top of the left wall in sudden Death. I just jumped up there with Falco coincidentally.

Air_King

Smash Rookie
Sometimes if there is someone playing as Ice Climbers and someone gets a final smash [And uses] the effects for the Ice Climbers will be in slow-mo. Like when you land a smash on someone that ring of air that flies around them, or the dust kicking up when they start a dash. The Ice Climbers themselves wont be in slow-mo though.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Sometimes if there is someone playing as Ice Climbers and someone gets a final smash [And uses] the effects for the Ice Climbers will be in slow-mo. Like when you land a smash on someone that ring of air that flies around them, or the dust kicking up when they start a dash. The Ice Climbers themselves wont be in slow-mo though.
^This can happen without being online or using a smash ball. I just don't know how. But it happened once when I was Zelda vs CPU ICs, and it's not just them, but any animation that hits them. So it was cool when I hit them with like Fsmash to see the sparkles in slow mo.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Sword taunt deals 2% damage?!?!

One of the strangest things I have seen just happened 8 hours ago in a random Team Battle. In the final seconds of the match, my Ganon's sword taunt appears to cause 2% damage to my Ness opponent. It almost seems as though Ganon's sword absorbed one of my Falco partner's lasers and delivered it to Ness somehow. Thankfully I saved the replay and have watched it several times. I keep coming to the same conclusion, but I can't seem to reproduce this apparent glitch yet. If anyone is interested, I'll gladly send the replay.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
hmmm.....so maybe if you could absorb samus's charge shot......

ganon and samus for high tier in teams!!11111

nah but seriously if you get a chance get someone to record it and post it on youtube, now i'm curious about this.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Who wants the replay?

I'll send the replay to anyone who wants it. Dark? Zulo? Send me a PM with Wii / Brawl codes if you are interested. Unfortunately it happens in the very final seconds, so if you blink, you'll miss it. But if it gets uploaded to youtube, that will help immensely in catching the glitch in action.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Here's a question:

How many times can you recall Fox blowing up a firebox and then taunting "Here I come!" afterwards.

I can recall at least 20 times, lol

Top Bottom