• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This Is Why You Dont Use The Bucket

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
You wouldn't have gotten killed if you hadn't held the down B for so long.

This thread should be titled "This is why you shouldn't stand around holding a move with ending lag when you are at 121%."

If you would learn to bucket smart, instead of choosing not to use it, you would take way less spam from Anther. He's quick enough to get inside and hit you when he has time, but you know as well as I do that bucket doesn't lag nearly as long as you want everyone to think by posting this thread.

Anytime_Minutes

Smash Apprentice
this is why noj should'nt use the bucket. you had plenty of time to put it away! except you turned around like a nub xD. i've never gotten hit out of my bucket

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
You don't need to use the Bucket. The fact G&W has one stops people from being too lame about projectile spam for the most part.
Unless you're fighting Pit.

I've seen some hilarious matches of Pit vs. GnW in which the Pit spammed nearly the entire game and won.

The reason it supposedly worked?

"He can only absorb three!"

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
This thread was made more specifically about Pikachu, BUT this pikachu (Anther) makes me hesitate to use the bucket ever unless its somthing that fills it in 1 shot or somone thats literaly just spamming.

lain

Smash Master
The bucket stays out for too long a time to be actually usable on the ground against smart players.

Remember kids:

If Pikachu is thundering while on a platform, bucketing underneath him will fill your bucket ;)

:colorful:

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Can't you roll/jump/sidestep directly out of your bucket if you hold shield as you absorb a projectile? I guess the guy just forgot about that. Or maybe he was trying to roll, but turned around because he forgot to hold shield...

.Marik

is a social misfit
The bucket move on his part was pretty pointless in the first place, due to it not really doing that much... plus, he had really high damage, and Game And Watch was left vulnerable in the open.. Pikachu saw this, and lunged for him, knocking him out of the match. Ah well, the Green Team still won, so I guess it doesn't really matter....

Neb

Smash Lord
Seriously, he could have canceled the jolts with some pesticide, or whatever floats his boat, but I think we all know it was just a fluke on NoJ's part.

There are ample options to hook energy-missiles, I mean think about it. The magnet-effect surrounds G&W 360 degrees, probably a ssb-metric estimate of...er, the length of a single Ganondorf...and a Kirby (lol)? So yeah, if its a projectile with a long life and you wanna feed the pail, run toward the edge and Ledge-Boost down-b, you'll snag the catch, and gain a good stretch of spacing, way out of striking distance of your opponents entire moveset.

Or you could- cover the lag with chef spam, gimp recoveries, ledge drop bucket and let the magnet fetch the projectile (especially with Pika's, since its current follows the shape of the terrain). You can cancel the lag with water, or hop under a floating level, hug the base, and suck the projectile under the stage and into the bucket with the magnet-property, then easily recover with Up-b's sweetspot. You have to think, not just pull it out, and rely on a little hope and a prayer not to get ***** by charged smashes.

Top Bottom