• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is why I play Lucario:

Milln

Smash Champion
I just had to relate my story, guys. Kinda blowin' my own horn, here, with a story that none of you truly care about, but..

Okay. So there I was. The last battle with a friend of mine. I'd been choosing random for all the other matches and I was like "alright, i'll end this with Lucario."

Final Destination
Vs. Olimar.

Long story short, I jacked up my first two stocks with player errors and inability to adapt, plus the fact that he's good. Then, I was like "Alright. I'm effing Milln. This is ridiculous. Let's go."

Down by two stocks I had only gotten like 50% on the Olimar. The first obstacle was Ko-ing him and getting the stock to even. He's already at 50%, so not too difficult, right? Wraong. I'm Lucario. So I put some damage on him and managed to take exactly how much I wanted. 56%. Dash attack hit him up and I naired him off the edge and landed to charge the rest of an Aura Sphere and nailed him with it.

Alright, now it's a little more difficult. Starting over from 0% and my Extra Aura is less. This stock went fairly smoothly, pulled out a few of my tricks for dair to make it always hit (yep) and focused on keeping his Pikmin dead. Took like 20-ish% (so now i'm at like 89-ish) and knocked him off the side, but not far enough to go for the edgehog. So I let loose an Aura Sphere and he whistled it! "Guh!" I said, and he got back on the ledge. Intercepted with an fair and backed off. I had thought about calling the match and just conceding with a No Contest, but my mind was like "Stfu, you quitter. You're Lucario! There's never any reason to quit in any game." And pushed forward with more resolve. After that, I got him up to 113% without taking any more hits and rolled his red Pikmin forward smash that would've sent me flying, but I was still in front of him so I couldn't forward smash. Whatev. DOWNSMASH and he flew way over to the right for the KO.

Okay, so the stock is now even, but i'm still high in percent. However, since i'm Lucario, I still have the ability to control the match. So this is what happened: I pulled out all my tricks, went bankai, super sayaijin, and Fierce Deity Link all at the same time (XDD) and blitzed him, vastly changing my playstyle from what I had been doing on the last few stocks. It began with me shooting a fully charged Aura Sphere at him right when his invincibility went off. He whistled it and I was like "adkgjaklgj" and sent a baby one at him and it caught him. It began. Going in with stuff, chasing him for followups with fairs and outprioritizing him with aura spacing. Took very minor hits, bumping me up to 116% and that's where I stayed. Could FEEL my heart pumping in my chest as I focused. Dsmashed his dsmash and grabbed him. Jab punched a couple times and backthrew him off the edge. He was now up to 118% and I charged up an Aura Sphere intending to KO him with it. He has four Pikmin. Fire the Aura Sphere, he whistles it, I catch one of the Pikmin and kill it and he uses his tether...... and misses. One of his three didn't go into the move so he only had two and it was like.. an in-game inch too short. He fell and I did Lucario's up taunt, alive at 116%

Phew! Right when the screen popped up I (really did. >,> ) punched my hand triumphantly into my palm and did a pose. Felt so proud, I just had to come and tell you all.

And THAT is why I ****ing play Lucario! XD So badass and his playstyle is exactly mine, becomes more difficult to handle when it appears we're about to lose.

May this be a lesson to all of you: Never. Give. Up.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Why don't you just change your name to Milln? If you want it to be instead of Infi-Tan, I still got that thing through my prem. membership where I can get one friends name changed.

Milln

Smash Champion
Why don't you just change your name to Milln? If you want it to be instead of Infi-Tan, I still got that thing through my prem. membership where I can get one friends name changed.
I would have been Milln, but when I signed up, I was still wishy-washy on what I wanted my name to be. I haven't had it changed because I'm indifferent whether people call me Milln or Infi/Infi-tan on the boards. XD I just prefer Milln.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I know exactly how you feel. Lucario just has the ability to change his playing style completely at the drop of a hat from super-defense to super-offense. Not many characters can do that effectively.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
That was. . . captivating.

And you had my sympathies at "Alright. I'm effing Milln."

:laugh:

If you want me to call you Milln, you'd be advised to leave that name in your sig, so I can remember. Probably true of others.

I had a similar game, against an Ike. Being Ike, he punished a mistake of mine with a KO way too early. But I'm gutting it out. I still had to show him what I could do.
So there I am taking the stock back but leaving me at like, 160. I wasn't thinking about Aura (does it really make a difference?); I was just thinking "Just 'cause I'm at 160% doesn't mean this is hopeless..." I still had moves to show him.

And I fought hard, bringing him to my percent, dodging everything. There's an audience and they're like "WTF?" and it's half-half rooting for each side.

... I lost though.

... so I guess it's different. :dizzy:

Milln

Smash Champion
=o I'm sure you fought valiantly. You're correct. No matter what your percentage, be it 30, 80, 160, 112, or 213, It's never hopeless.

"I wasn't thinking about Aura (does it really make a difference?);"

If that was an actual question and not just part of your story, YES. It makes the hugest difference. It's why Lucario is Lucario. It enables him to shift playstyles in an instant, it turns him from combo powerhouse to KO Powerhouse with Combos on the Side.

I'm sure with more practice you'll have your own special match. It's truly spectacular when your opponent has all his lives left and you're down to one and you come back and win it all.

coolguy75

Smash Cadet
Epic play by play and i love the end with the pose

I'm truly inspired and you should look into a career as an action writer because i would read any novel you wrote

And if you have any pointers on how to combo while Lucario is at high percentage and your opponent just came back that would be hugely appreciated

Milln

Smash Champion
I'm truly inspired and you should look into a career as an action writer because i would read any novel you wrote

And if you have any pointers on how to combo while Lucario is at high percentage and your opponent just came back that would be hugely appreciated
O,o; I just jotted only basically what I remembered. I have written, before, and it's much more detailed and easier/more entertaining to read than my match above.

Combos are Inner Fire 5. This Tuesday. Lucario has combos at any percentage, based on your opponent's mindset. Even 0 to death. Now, now. Before any of you start asking, i'm going to go ahead and tell you to wait until Tuesday so I can show you and not repeat myself. XD

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
O,o; I just jotted only basically what I remembered. I have written, before, and it's much more detailed and easier/more entertaining to read than my match above.

Combos are Inner Fire 5. This Tuesday. Lucario has combos at any percentage, based on your opponent's mindset. Even 0 to death. Now, now. Before any of you start asking, i'm going to go ahead and tell you to wait until Tuesday so I can show you and not repeat myself. XD

And you'll be finding some way to put my lovely 0-80% grab combo in there, won't you?

Wheelz

Smash Cadet
Because Lucario is GOKU!!!!! lmao but yea same reason why I play Lucario...he is the hope character, because when you're playing G&W at 300% damage, and ur not turtling ur gonna die.

Now on the other hand...

Lucario at 300%! TEABAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarkSeraph0

Smash Rookie
<3 Lucario (and you to milln : D) I get exactly what you mean with the whole play-style thing. I just feel so invincible as Lucario. Like there is never a situation I can't win in.

Riodsey

Smash Cadet
This remeber me, when I was doing my very first 1x1 with my friend, who uses Marth and I decided to go with Lucario.

He choosed Castle Siege and it ended up by me losing the first two lives because the stage, and leaving him with 80% I believe. Then I went (like you) mad/bankai/super sayaijin mode and killed him with a dsmash at the edge. Now he had a stock advantage, so I tried to pull the most damage in him, and in the same time in the defensive mode. Did some grab > fair >nair combos, some unexpected double teams and he was with 120% while I was with 90%. I pulled him off the edge and when trying to chase him, I accidentaly jumped backwards, so I couldn't do a fair. Then when I was approaching him, he barely misses a fair, while I had used bair long ago, but it did a hit so nicely that he went off screen.

Now I've used some Aura Spheres spamming and ftilts, utilts when he roll dodge making him incapable of approaching me effectively. He did some damage on me, and I was with 160%, and he with 100% I think. Then he spotdodged my fair and did a fsmash, sending me to the air. With luck, he not hitted with the tip, and he was even taunting assuming that I was dead already. But then I come from the air, he goes for the edge guard. When I approach his head, he did other fsmash and I dair, stoped in the air. I could hear he thinking "OH SNAP!" and then I dair him again to death.

He was so pissed off that we don't even did another 1x1 match that day :laugh:
But I was so proud at my little boy and automatically fell in love for him made him my main.

I always had that feeling to never give up and now i can teach my friends to have that too with Lucario XD

Ulciroa

Smash Cadet
My story:

Since I have no friends or life, I'm playing against a lv 9 as random characters. Out of the blue, I pick Lucario (even tho at the time I was maining Sonic cause I'm a proud sega fan-boy xD) and I win against the level 9 (barely). My very FIRST level 9 victory. So I win, and I'm like "How the -bleep- did that happen?!" Ever since then, I've trained with Lucario, and he's still my main. I still toy around with Sonic, Olimar, and Luigi. (Explanation: Sonic WAS my main, Luigi was my main in Melee, and Olimar's soooooo fun.)

But ya, it's fairly simple. Nothing really amazing, just a terrible player finally doing some that's considered standard xD

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Lol for some reason this is confusing to me. What exactly are you pointing out here? (its like 2:30 AM im sorta out of it) XD.
Only way to lose while feeling invincible in a lucario fight... is to fight a lucario? I honestly forget what I was getting at... I'm going off what the beer is telling me. Somehow I managed to kick my friend's ***** earlier..

So, not to encourage drinking or anything but apparently I play a really good drunk Lucario. For a playstyle, never use same attack pattern. A lot of force palms, nairs, dairs ... i guess a lot of aerials in general (stupid tap jump was on) But apparently, don't -try- to do something like chaingrab or combo.., just remember, if you're not attacking, you're not winning.

Milln

Smash Champion
I know a guy that goes by Jael The Drunk Smasher. He says he plays much better drunk than sober. We joke around about how he needs to go to tournaments and demand to be able to bring alcohol on account that his style is Zui Quan. XD

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I've done similar things with Lucario, but since my opponents aren't good enough to whistlearmor, although it was a pretty **** good Ike compared to me, I feel I shouldn't be as proud of it. D: (3-stock last life comeback with a suicidish under-FD stagespike finish FTW)
But yeah, most of this stuff is hardly possible as other characters. Lucario is awesome in how he can "even the odds".

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
3 stock matches instead of 4?
I would more have asked stock instead of time? :urg:

Well if you main lucario just let me ask you one thing:
are you a fan of the okemon series? did you know who lucario was before he came into brawl?
if you answer both of this questions with a "yes" then welcome abourd to the lucario fanpeople ;P if not... *shames on you*

Grandeza

Smash Master
Me and my friend were playing. I was Diddy and he was Lucario. I had 2 lives 50 damage. He had 1 life 180 damage. He won. Lucario is so strong with that damage. On his last life all he did was spam aura spheres and dairs though. No johns i guess.

Milln

Smash Champion
I would more have asked stock instead of time? :urg:

Well if you main lucario just let me ask you one thing:
are you a fan of the okemon series? did you know who lucario was before he came into brawl?
if you answer both of this questions with a "yes" then welcome abourd to the lucario fanpeople ;P if not... *shames on you*
I used Lucario before this happened. It wasn't my "awakening" match. It was just something awesome that reinforced my conviction. =O

To everybody else: Lucario pwns. =o

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
oh so we can tell our stories here?? MY TURN!!
originally I used to play Samus a lot (learned to play with both NS and ZSS) when i started to use Lucario every now and then. Well the other time I was challenged by my friend (Falco crazy). I started with Samus, got whooped twice in a row and then for the sake of fun i tried going Lucario (til that point I had only used him twice against another human, though I would fight CPU's often).
No surprises, he beat the crap outta me and KO'ed while he only had 50-ish %. I'm all laid-back 'cause i know he's one of the best among my brawl friends. so I continue and, whoopie-doo, he KO's me again, just as he reached 200%.
at this moment he was all "nice i'm gonna make a perfect match!!" that's when I got angry.
first three seconds into the last stock, I double-teamed him to the pits of hell. he shrugs, and comes back to finish me off. sadly (to him) I had only just learned to utilt on command. I got to juggle him a few times and whenever it would seem like he would get me back I would DT him back up. I KO'ed him, when I had just gotten 120%.
I'm all like "king of comebacks!!" and started charging my AS. last stock for both of us, but he began to play it safe, camping and only coming when I went. after a while it was 90% him and 160% myself. I knew I was going to lose, but I didn't care. i sent BAS's like crazy, trying to force him into the air. eventually it looked like he was going to nail me: i had just flown off the screen and he was already prepared to edgeguard me back to the pokemon world when I managed to juke his edgeguard, flying straight through him instead of going for the ledge. then I heard him bash his c-stick. i used double-team. sent him flying for a star KO.
i couldn't believe it, I was one the worst players among my friends, and I just beat the crap out of one of the strongest players in the entire city. of course I told everyone the next day, and of course I continue to use Luc.
funnily, three weeks after that day, I'm one of the top players in my block now. I don't care what people will say, I don't care what crappy tier they place him, he's one of the best characters around, and to hell whoever says otherwise.
Cheers, everyone. Never ever give up in a battle!!

Why did I start using Lucario?

You see, about 4 years ago, my friend Victor discovered the might of Fawks in Melee. It wasn't long before he was pulling all kinds of crazy s**t out on us, and pretty soon he became the best of our group of friends, no matter what. Sure, he'd occasionally veer off the path and use Ganondorf, Capt. Falcon, or Link, but the others were beatable. No one had any hope of beating his Fawks.

Then, once Brawl came out, he continued to own faces with Fawks, devouring souls with a whole bunch of crap. At the time, I sucked with Ike and had no one else to fight with considering my main (Dr. Mario) being cut out. One day, we all gathered round the TV for some matches. Alex, another from the group, wasn't playing at the moment, so it was a 1-on-1 match. He got Fawks, and I picked Lucario, a character I only got to use in practice twice, and was excited to use him considering that he was my most wanted character.

So the match began, and right off the bat, it was horrible. Drillshine, a dash attack on wake up, a few assorted aerials, and before I know it, I was tipping 160% with him at a measly 67%, finally ending me with a Back Air. My next stock didn't last that long either, thanks to Up Smash. But something occured to me: He used DSmash, but it didn't kill me at 134%. It was odd, but whatever.

At this point, he's at about 150%, so an FSmash took care of him, but by the time I landed it, I was at 53%. I thought it was all over. Then something sort of clicked. I remember, in anticipation of using Lucario, I came here to get some info about him. I remembered that it was said that Lucario was a combo machine. Turns water into combo, from what I heard. And that's when I knew something was wrong. I wasn't trying to combo, just kill.

So I went on the offensive, and improvised. Utilt, Utilt, Utilt, Fair, Fair, Nair, Jab Combo, Aura Sphere, already he was at a fair amount of damage. He came in with a NAir, but I DT'd and shot him high into the air. I had two options, attempt to time a Bair to the face, or UAir him over the top. I went for the Uair, He attempted a Drill, but because of the Aura at the tip of the Toe, he was hit and flew up to his death.

Now came the tricky part. I had a good 146%, and he was thirsty for blood. The last hit he got on me was a Drillshine, but he messed up on his timing and I countered the Drill. Little by Little, % by %, I continued to rack up damage on him. At this point, he was no longer lounging in his chair and was on the edge of it, Alex had his full attention on the screen.

Finally, Victor had 178%, more than enough than needed to Kill him with a Toe, or a Force Palm, Aura Sphere, or even a Dair. Instead I Fair'd him off the stage and just waited...He came at me with his recovery, Fox Flash. Without even thinking about it, I spot dodged and DSmash'd before he could react. In that split second, the once undefeated Fawks was launched across the screen into the Blast Line at fill force, annihilating his last stock and winning the game.

There was no epic silence, just my loud mouth as I said at the top of my voice, "YES!!! THAT'S HOW YOU F**KING MAKE A COMEBACK!!!" I jumped up and did a whole mess of very fierce pelvic thrusts. Victor cracked a smile and said "Oh man...I got own'd."

That's why I use Lucario. Because that's how you f**king do it.

Browny

Smash Hater
I play lucario coz he is unbelievably good, and equally underestimated. i havent lost a single 1vs1 using him ever since i bought brawl :D now im so paranoid everytime i play lol, i shake as if im freezing, so paranoid my perfect streak will end :/

Tallen said:
don't care what people will say, I don't care what crappy tier they place him, he's one of the best characters around
onlythe ignorant noobs put him low tier in the discussion thread.
i honestly think he will end up top of high tier, only behind TL, marth, snake, G&W and MK

Trapt497

Smash Ace
seriously, who doesn't play Lucario??

Oh yeah (heh), ignorant people.

Milln nice story. I love comin back with Lucario. Ha I dont actually say outloud during the middle of a match "What am I doing? Im effin Trapt!!!" lol maybe I should tho.

No incredible comeback story has happened for me yet (lol) but it will.

My friend actually mains olimar so I play against him as Lucario a lot. I have comeback before, butdont remember all the details.

Milln

Smash Champion
seriously, who doesn't play Lucario??

Oh yeah (heh), ignorant people.

Milln nice story. I love comin back with Lucario. Ha I dont actually say outloud during the middle of a match "What am I doing? Im effin Trapt!!!" lol maybe I should tho.

No incredible comeback story has happened for me yet (lol) but it will.

My friend actually mains olimar so I play against him as Lucario a lot. I have comeback before, butdont remember all the details.
Hahah. Mindgaemz. I said that in my head, though, not out loud. =x

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
talking in the middle of the match outloud is part of the mindgame.
even something like "oooh this is gonna be fun" when you just reached 140% leaves the opponent(s) worried...
it's so fun to play this way... =D

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Ha especially with Lucario. What sucks, tho, is when you are at like 170% and they have 20% and you both have one stock and your like "this is going to be an epic comeback" but end up losing haha. Hopefully when I get better I can say that and really actually come back.

Top Bottom