• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is what Smash Ultimate should've been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
Sorry but after hearing they took out stage builder I have to think of this game as "quantity over quality; less polish than what Smash 4 was" so I decided to make things more exciting.

Characters: Everyone in the series returns besides the joke character known as Pichu (replaced by Heracross, who should've been in Melee) and Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon are separate characters. All clones and echo fighters each have different movesets; each will share at most 2 specials with another character and 10 characters are included as DLC. Piranha Plant is not one of them (but Petey Piranha is).
Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Brawl Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Fountain of Dreams, Smashville, Poke Floats, Town and City, Melee Pokemon Stadium and Kongo Jungle 64 return, alongside new stages designed for competitive play; each one representing a playable series (each playable series would at least have one stage. Hyrule Temple and Big Battlefield also return but are only playable when there are more than 4 participants, cpu or not, being the only stages designed for 8 player Smash (although any stage can be played in 8p). Omega and Battlefield forms are not in, but they're redundant anyways.
Stage Builder: Combines the best elements of Brawl & Smash 4, also now allows up to 10 songs per stage. They are also playable in 8 player.
Pokemon Trainer mode: A new stock mode where each player maps the start button to switch between characters and selects as many stocks as characters (so a 4 stock match would mean 4 characters per player). During gameplay, players can switch between characters (damage doesn't carry over but is saved and returns once you use that character again, so if you had Mario at 180% and you switch him out he will remain at 180% next time you use him) and once a character is defeated they cannot be used again. This mode can be used in classic mode and whatnot. Pausing is done by holding start in this mode.
Classic Mode: Single player is what it was like in Melee, 2-4 player mode is same as Smash 3DS.
All Star Mode: Single player is the same as Melee (with a quicksave option and 3 opponents at most), 2-4 player always has the same number of opponents as humans (so 2 players would always have 2 opponents each round). In multiplayer, there are no heart containers in rest areas but everyone moves on if one human clears the match (with damage reset to 0 each time).
Event matches: Designed with the same quality as Melee's events.
Multi Man Mode: Same modes as Smash 4 but 3 minutes is now 6 minutes.
Unlockable characters: Every non-dlc character besides Mario is unlockable but there's a cheat code to auto unlock everyone. Overlapping unlocks make you fight everyone, having as many stocks as opponents (so vs 4 opponents you would have 4 stocks). You unlock all characters you defeated before losing, and in multiplayer, the best 4 human players fight the challengers.
Other changes: Team battle now adds purple, white and black as options and team attack can now be toggled for individual teams (so if red team wants team attack off and blue team wants it on feel free to do so). A lot of music tracks and items are in the game, but I won't go over too much detail.

Ran out of ideas. What would you add?

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
stage builder was awful, only thing you could create is generic stages I rather have sakari's more polished ones

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
User was warned for this post; trolling
If you hate clones, don't make clones of your topics.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
User was warned for this post; off-topic spam(the Opening post never said Sakurai didn't know what he was doing. This is an irrelevant point to make)
Sorry, but Sakurai knows what he’s doing.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
User was warned for this post. trolling
*sigh* I want Stage Builder back, too, but seriously?!? This topic reeks of entitlement.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
The reality is this: more characters. I watched reactions to Nintendo Direct recently, as in, after the Direct was over. ZeRo, Nairo, ESAM and MVD all seemed mainly interested in more characters. "This can't be it. There's got to be one more character" was the common pattern. While extrapolating from this could muddle people's expectations, I think introducing new characters will sate people's appetite.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hard warning right now; do not snipe at the opening poster. Infractions/Warnings will be immediately handed out if done so. Whether or not the topic is unnecessary does not give anyone the right here to make inappropriate comments. Grow up. He's a member of this community and all of them will be treated with respect. Your comments are uncalled for.

That doesn't mean this thread is necessary however. Most rant threads aren't. I may be handing out more warnings/infractions soon. Also, pretending a different topic full of their complaints is "a clone of a topic" shows a bigger problem with the accusations(and even if they did, why was this topic not reported at all? Half the reason this thread is closed is because of the backlash a user just got simply for having an unpopular opinion. This isn't acceptable). The user never made any similar topic and at best, may have repeated an unpopular opinion. Beyond that, keep your comments about the topic's nature to yourself. The fact that only a few posts are actual proper replies to the actual content of the thread is, again, beyond unacceptable. The rest is either spam or trolling. Come on now. We're better than this.

Speaking of, this topic is redundant with the Unpopular Opinions thread and will be closed due to this(and the uncalled comments. No, we are not closing this due to the fact the Opening Poster has an opinion that some don't like. We will never close a topic due to that alone unless the comments are actually breaking the site's rules, which, for the record, these do not. Remember, negative opinions are not trolling as is. People seem to be under the impression that disagreeing with a direction or content a game has is somehow trolling. That's not trolling. That's simply not enjoying what it is. Everybody has the right to a different opinion. And to express it, especially in a respective manner. Looking at the first post here, I'm not seeing actual trolling or disrespect, just a negative tone to some degree).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom