• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is new.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's not about Wolf's moveset. Rather, it's about his trophy profile.

A pilot whose real name is Wolf
O'Donnell. He leads a group of
mercenaries called Star Wolf. He's
crossed paths with Fox many times,
and each acknowledges the other as
a competent rival. Wolf's constant
interference with Fox is a result
of Wolf's history with Fox's dad,
James.
Wolf's long history of
criminal enterprise has resulted in
a large bounty on his head.
http://xane.gamez-interactive.de/Pub/Text/Brawl/TrophyDescriptions.txt

Since when has this ever been mentioned and just how old is Wolf?

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
It was never really stated that Wolf and James made an encounter, to be honest. He only uses it to taunt Fox, nothing more. So yeah, I think it's questionable.

Darkslash

Smash Master
It's not about Wolf's moveset. Rather, it's about his trophy profile.

Since when has this ever been mentioned and just how old is Wolf?
Wolf is the Same age as Falco and Falco is 1 year older than Fox so that makes him 31ish.

It's been hinted in SF64 that Wolf had to do with some thing with James "death"(I mean he's in Command with a Upgraded Arwing where the hell does he get that? ) or perhaps James also Instructed Wolf and Fox on How to fly o_0

Hanniah

Smash Cadet
Wow weird. As far as I can remember Fox never mentionned James as a cheerful father, rather as an elite fighter whom he rarely met. Anyway, Fox and Wolf must be about the same age, otherwise the storyboard would make little sense.

Think we've got to wait for a new episode of the Lylat Wars saga to know the entire truth. And may that episode be better than Assault.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
No, Wolf is indeed a year older than Fox. Assault states it as well.

Who knows, maybe James killed Wolf's dad and such. Or <crappyfanfic>they're really brothers</crappyfanfic>, or something.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I think Nintendo is in debt to Star Fox fans. I could go for two Star Fox games on the Wii: One following James McCloud, the other your average (STAR FOX 64) Star Fox game. With Wolf having a big role in each. :laugh:

Patinator

Smash Champion
...ANOTHER person for me to report? Some people like wasting their memberships on Wolf. *Sigh*

And if it matters, I think that in Command, everyone's around 35 or so. I don't really know. Wikipedia might help here.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Wikipedia is poo on fictional info though - it was quite bountiful before but ****y mods deleted most of the character stuff there.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I think Nintendo is in debt to Star Fox fans. I could go for two Star Fox games on the Wii: One following James McCloud, the other your average (STAR FOX 64) Star Fox game. With Wolf having a big role in each. :laugh:
Heck, why not just give Wolf his own spin-off game? Nintendo gave Mario's "evil clone" his own game and it's regarded as one of the best games on Game Boy. Maybe Fox's "evil clone" would have a game that's regarded as one of the best on Wii. :chuckle:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm just wondering if Sakurai knows his games. I mean, it'd make sense if that sentence applied to Pigma instead of Wolf.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
in assault when you lose against wolf, he says something like "Bah, you aren't like your father"

I bet that either involve a juvenile Wolf being part of a criminal band which James was hired to take down or soem kind of realtions that Nathan Graves had with Morris Baldwin and his son Hugh Baldwin in Castlevania, Circle of the Moon, where Morris was the master of both, Nathan and Hugh, and Hugh felt some envy of Nathan Because he thought that his father looked with better eyes at Nathan ... who knows...

After all, it's supposed that it was only pigma who betrayed James... and after that starwolf was hired (Leon and Wolf and maybe Pigma but as in assault, it seems that wolf didn't knew much of pigma past... mmm, maybe when he discovered it, decided to expulse pigma and made him his nice scar) and Andrew was put in the team only to be in favor with andross... so i don't think that wolf have something to do with James "Death"

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Maybe James is just known to be a good pilot? After all, he was the leader of Star Fox, and Star Fox was (and is) famous.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well I was just finished reading the SF64 comic(for the 10th time:laugh:)

For those who want to read it click here

Now on Topic: While reading the SF comment Wolf says to Fox

I'm Warning you Fox! Don't Follow us or You will be joining your Father
Here is the link to that page

And Fox seems to also know not Only PIGMA(that sick son of a *****) was the reason why his Father "died"(Command any one?) but also Wolf. And Later Here states that Fox and Wolf rivalry started way before SF64

And yes the SF64 Comic Is Canon o_0

OMG i just Noticed Every Game Star Wolf is In James Shows up in One form or Another o_0

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Well one can say that the Assault James wasn't really the James, but rather... it was Wolf who became the James then. XD

Relhots

Smash Lord
Well I was just finished reading the SF64 comic(for the 10th time:laugh:)

For those who want to read it click here

Now on Topic: While reading the SF comment Wolf says to Fox

Here is the link to that page

And Fox seems to also know not Only PIGMA(that sick son of a *****) was the reason why his Father "died"(Command any one?) but also Wolf. And Later Here states that Fox and Wolf rivalry started way before SF64

And yes the SF64 Comic Is Canon o_0

OMG i just Noticed Every Game Star Wolf is In James Shows up in One form or Another o_0
everytime i see that comic i laugh...it looks like a really kiddy comic, compared to the 1992 ones...

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Starfox has always had an unstable storyline. None of the stories really fit together.

Especially with Command, where there's like, ten different endings.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Starfox has always had an unstable storyline. None of the stories really fit together.

Especially with Command, where there's like, ten different endings.
None of Command's endings are canon.

Relhots

Smash Lord
Together???? So that means that Wolf and Fox might of gotten into a Fight then James stoped it and Wolf got Mad at him and then 10 years later Takes revenge o_0
yes together,

i think james was dead then, or he was fighting andross at the time...he wasn't teaching them anything...

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well It said that James taught Fox how to fly when Fox was in the Cornerian Academy. And then He went and bought himself a Dreadnought class cruiser XD with a loan that needed 80 years to pay XD. So it is a possibility that James also taught Wolf

Relhots

Smash Lord
Well It said that James taught Fox how to fly when Fox was in the Cornerian Academy. And then He went and bought himself a Dreadnought class cruiser XD with a loan that needed 80 years to pay XD. So it is a possibility that James also taught Wolf
thats not in the comics, it said that fox passed the flight school with flying colors...or show me the page on where it said that...because james taught fox alittle before flight school...not during it...

Darkslash

Smash Master
thats not in the comics, it said that fox passed the flight school with flying colors...or show me the page on where it said that...because james taught fox alittle before flight school...not during it...
Well it did mention that some where in the 1992 comic that James did some flight Training with Fox. But since the Original one is not Canon we just gotta wait and see XD

Relhots

Smash Lord
Well it did mention that some where in the 1992 comic that James did some flight Training with Fox. But since the Original one is not Canon we just gotta wait and see XD
yeah...but i still think it was before the flight school...

i hope it is as good as 64...

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
That comic Is canon? I meaan, of the three Star Fox Comics this is the worst, by far! it can't be cannon, looks like it was dran by a four years old kid... even th enintendo power one, with andross just being the more lame villian ever with a irrational love for robot pigs, was better!

The comic that is surely canon it the manga which explains what happens between starfox 64 and dinosaur planet...

and for the endings of command, i found it pretty amusing, i only hope that they make some kind of combination between the endings and made it canon... something like Dash staying in Venom and building the army, plus Star fox destroying the Anglar emperor, plus Krystal joining Starwolf, and then fleeing turning into Kursed, plus Slippy getting married and retiring flying ships, plus falco and fox joingn the "G Zero Racers" .. it would be a nice background for the next game...

Darkslash

Smash Master
That comic Is canon? I meaan, of the three Star Fox Comics this is the worst, by far! it can't be cannon, looks like it was dran by a four years old kid... even th enintendo power one, with andross just being the more lame villian ever with a irrational love for robot pigs, was better!

The comic that is surely canon it the manga which explains what happens between starfox 64 and dinosaur planet...

and for the endings of command, i found it pretty amusing, i only hope that they make some kind of combination between the endings and made it canon... something like Dash staying in Venom and building the army, plus Star fox destroying the Anglar emperor, plus Krystal joining Starwolf, and then fleeing turning into Kursed, plus Slippy getting married and retiring flying ships, plus falco and fox joingn the "G Zero Racers" .. it would be a nice background for the next game...
the SF64 comic was aimed at kids. So it had to look kiddie. Dam it Rare #1 reason why Nintendo became so called "Kiddie". At least if they are gonna release a Star fox Wii comic(80% chance they will) better be drawn by the Japanese

Relhots

Smash Lord
the SF64 comic was aimed at kids. So it had to look kiddie. Dam it Rare #1 reason why Nintendo became so called "Kiddie". At least if they are gonna release a Star fox Wii comic(80% chance they will) better be drawn by the Japanese
comic timeline...

1992 = looks very serious...basically the start of starfox

2nd one = looks very funny, very "kiddie", cant take it serious

3rd one = fox curses alot...and pretty serious, basically the starfox we know now...

i dont think they were aiming at kids...

Top Bottom