• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(This is for you EL =P) | Dancing blade unfair?

AdmiralComrade

Smash Journeyman
,,,'".Tim."',,, ^^ says:
how is it supposed to be fun when all you do as marth is spam >B
,,,'".Tim."',,, ^^ says:
ur seriously not worth it sometimes
,,,'".Tim."',,, ^^ says:
***got

^ coming from a MK user (and sometmies DK).. should i be worrying about this? o.O

he says its unfair that i dancing blade him (and no spammings not the word id use.. cause i only use it when i see an opening)

__V

Smash Journeyman
Marth's amazing offensive and defensive capabilities are countered by the fact that his recovery totally sucks.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
^...?
What? Are you sure you aren't confusing Marth with Ike? lol last time I checked Marth recovery doesn't suck and is a lot better than most *cough*Olimar*cough*

Anyhow does that even have anything to do with this thread?

And Admiral continue spammi...err I mean selectively using DB without worry.

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
3xSwords said:
What? Are you sure you aren't confusing Marth with Ike? lol last time I checked Marth recovery doesn't suck and is a lot better than most *cough*Olimar*cough*

Anyhow does that even have anything to do with this thread?

And Admiral continue spammi...err I mean selectively using DB without worry.
Olimar =/= most characters.

Marth's recovery is actually below par, which a good MK can easily capitalize on for easy gimps and kills :\

And, even if you DO spam OverB, it's his fault for giving you openings and getting hit by it.

Jibbles

Smash Apprentice
Marth's amazing offensive and defensive capabilities are countered by the fact that his recovery totally sucks.
Marth's recovery is actually below par, which a good MK can easily capitalize on for easy gimps and kills :\
I disagree. Marth's recovery may not reach insane distances, but if Marth has enough flight to bring him onto the stage, there isn't much to stop him (if you do you might as well get stagespiked unless you do it right). The distance his recovery brings is usually sufficient as well (it's actually better than in Melee despite the Dancing Blade horizontal distance loss), and at maximum distance he can cross under Battlefield and survive on the other side (tested and I guarantee that Marth can do this).

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Why does everyone cut each other down? The guy was mad that you kept winning and blamed it on the blade. No need to make a thread about it so we can scoff at him condescendingly...

Ced5000

Smash Cadet
actually funny thing about this thread is me and my friend were having this discussion 2 days ago. He claims Marth is overpowered because of dancing blade (although I think it was just johns because I dont even spam it) I think its one of the best moves in the game but to say that makes Marth unfair is just absurd.

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
I disagree. People have already explained the good points of his recovery and I'll add another: Relatively easy stage spike.

Edit: Dancing blade is sex. MK users shouldn't be complaining anyways.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Dancing Blade is easily punishable. People need to learn how to ROLL DODGE!

The reason Dancing Blade appears so broken is because if you want to punish your opponent, you should probably spot dodge or shield. Since these are the most commonly used tactics of guarding, Dancing Blade owns. As soon as people start picking up on that, I'm in trouble.

EDIT: Well, no not really. I'm patient, so if you Roll Dodge behind me I reverse Fsmash, and if you Roll Dodge backward I'm kinda screwed. But I see FAR too many scrubs get lucky PERFECT SHIELD the first slice, which leads into punishment for Marth (usually in the form of a shield grab) and then STILL sidestep dodge!

Nibbity

Smash Journeyman
without dancing blade marth's ground game would be crap
You know, I was about to disagree...but I thought about it and I think your right. Everything else is just honestly not as safe and now in a lot of situations I find myself using it for a quick punishment for an attack I sidestepped or something. Besides that, yeah, there's not much else but tilts and those are even more punishable than DB. Good call.

Nibbity

Smash Journeyman
I disagree. People have already explained the good points of his recovery and I'll add another: Relatively easy stage spike.

Edit: Dancing blade is sex. MK users shouldn't be complaining anyways.

Oh hey, double post. aw man.

Yeah, I can see how his recovery is viewed as crap because of the sort of aim problem it has but on final destination it could be a one way ticket to victory, so I agree, and also add by saying it's also a relatively easy edgehog because of how fast you can drop and get back onto the edge.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
DB is what honestly allows Marth to go around his dreadful ground game. And is like his ultimate punishment move 80% of the time. Not to mention it allows him to go around characters who rely on spot dodging to guess what.....DOWN SMASH! MK,DK,Rob,Shiek,etc Marth deserved a usable and abusable Move anyway. Power to the Marth!!

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Dancing Blade is easily punishable. People need to learn how to ROLL DODGE!

The reason Dancing Blade appears so broken is because if you want to punish your opponent, you should probably spot dodge or shield. Since these are the most commonly used tactics of guarding, Dancing Blade owns. As soon as people start picking up on that, I'm in trouble.

EDIT: Well, no not really. I'm patient, so if you Roll Dodge behind me I reverse Fsmash, and if you Roll Dodge backward I'm kinda screwed. But I see FAR too many scrubs get lucky PERFECT SHIELD the first slice, which leads into punishment for Marth (usually in the form of a shield grab) and then STILL sidestep dodge!
A character with a fast rolldodge can punish you before you have time to reverse fsmash Dancing blade has lag after any one of its hits ends. Also have to remember that Fsmash has a startup time of 10 frames. A grab takes 6 frames and a Metaknight Downsmash takes something like 8.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Without dancing blade, I don't think that Marth would be very competitive at all, since he needs that to rack up damage and punish mistakes, since comboing doesn't really exist anymore. In fact, I think that one of my flaws as a Marth player in Brawl is that I don't use dancing blade enough.

And that's coming from a Meta Knight user? Does he think its fair that he can do the priority tornado and have no lag upon landing? Tell him to go die, Meta Knight is a piece of ****.

And no, don't worry about it. You should have zero sympathy for Meta Knight players. Especially if he called you a ***got, which is probably the most widely-used insult among complete idiots.

Personally, though, I think that Brawl is a broken game and mostly comes down to move-spamming and static strategies. And using Meta Knight.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Without dancing blade, I don't think that Marth would be very competitive at all, since he needs that to rack up damage and punish mistakes, since comboing doesn't really exist anymore. In fact, I think that one of my flaws as a Marth player in Brawl is that I don't use dancing blade enough.

And that's coming from a Meta Knight user? Does he think its fair that he can do the priority tornado and have no lag upon landing? Tell him to go die, Meta Knight is a piece of ****.

And no, don't worry about it. You should have zero sympathy for Meta Knight players. Especially if he called you a ***got, which is probably the most widely-used insult among complete idiots.

Personally, though, I think that Brawl is a broken game and mostly comes down to move-spamming and static strategies. And using Meta Knight.
Dont forget tha tMK has his cheating Dsmash,upb with no lag upon landing,Infinite Deminsonal Cape,an over b that acts like a counter and almost 0 lag on all his aerials. Yeah that MK player is utter garbage!

Top Bottom