• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This how you fight Snake:

hough123

Smash Ace
In the first video:
-At 1:00 you should have stayed on longer, the Snake wouldn't have been able to do much to you.
-You need to pay more attention to his explosives.
Other than that, great game.

In the second:
-You should try stutter steppping those Fsmashes, it helps with spacing.
-You are Usmashing a tiny bit too much, try to cut down on it.
-At 3:00 and 3:58, YOU MUST RECOVER!, but you didn't. D= But this happens to all of us, so I'll let it pass.

I'll watch more later.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
in match 5 you can just grap snake out of the cypher. He shouldn't be able to recover from it as long as you don't pummel.

Browny

Smash Hater
thats how you fight snakes who never space with ftilt or camp with grenades... I hope you realise how hard it is to judge these videos when that snake player seemed to not even know what he is capable of.

I felt that your spacing against snake could really use some work. You spent an awful lot of time in his ftilt range and were rarely punished. There is really little reason for Lucario to ever be that close to snakes face by choice, you should try to stay completely out of range at all times and only get close when trying aerial approaches. he just outspeeds, outranges and outdamages you majorly at close range. using ftilt a lot as you did was most probably the best option do to as it can compete with snakes ftilt first hit and jab range. you were great on the offensive, a more defensive opponent would have forced you to change playstyles though.

Timbers

check me out
thats how you fight snakes who never space with ftilt or camp with grenades... I hope you realise how hard it is to judge these videos when that snake player seemed to not even know what he is capable of.

I felt that your spacing against snake could really use some work. You spent an awful lot of time in his ftilt range and were rarely punished.
lol ur high

That snake obviously had some issues to work out but his ftilt punishing was probably the best attribute he had and rarely let lucario go unpunished.

Completely agree on nades though, this Snake needed to camp a lot harder.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I hope you realize, Octix, that Antic has been playing Snake for about a week.

How did you do against BigLou's Snake? He consistently beats me.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
While I was watching the 5th video I noticed that at 1:04 you tried to edge hog the Snake. Since Snake's recovery is easy to gimp so you should of done a Dsmash instead. I think this would of killed him or allowed you to rack up some damage on him.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
That Snake's been playing about a week, yes?

He pulled grenades at stupid times and got punished.
He often times retreated or did something equally stupid rather then not punish you.
He never pummeled when he could have.
He fthrow/bthrow's instead of dthrows. Why is he not dthrowing you? It basically leads to a free ftilt.
^Actually, not even a minute in and I saw him uthrow you? What's going through this guys mind?
^^I take both those back, he finally dthrow > ftilted you at 44~ seconds in.
He nair'd... and.. killed himself......
He threw you off rather then dthrow you with a grenade at the ledge and be able to punish you... and then he got hit by his own grenade....
He is WAY to focused on laying/using his c4 sometimes.
He missed MANY oppurtunities to kill you with utilt.
He finally started doing a bit better in the last minute of the match <_< only to not utilt you, and instead die....

This was saddening... I don't think I'll watch any more matches (this was #6)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
That Snake's been playing about a week, yes?

He pulled grenades at stupid times and got punished.
He often times retreated or did something equally stupid rather then not punish you.
He never pummeled when he could have.
He fthrow/bthrow's instead of dthrows. Why is he not dthrowing you? It basically leads to a free ftilt.
^Actually, not even a minute in and I saw him uthrow you? What's going through this guys mind?
^^I take both those back, he finally dthrow > ftilted you at 44~ seconds in.
He nair'd... and.. killed himself......
He threw you off rather then dthrow you with a grenade at the ledge and be able to punish you... and then he got hit by his own grenade....
He is WAY to focused on laying/using his c4 sometimes.
He missed MANY oppurtunities to kill you with utilt.
He finally started doing a bit better in the last minute of the match <_< only to not utilt you, and instead die....

This was saddening... I don't think I'll watch any more matches (this was #6)
I know what was going through his mind.

WWE smackdown time!
lol @ fake fail wrestling.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
don't let em get you down, octix, you have a very nice lucario. I particularly like (i think it was match 3?) your aggressive style on the match at yoshis island.

I don't have time for suggestions right now, but i will watch more later for critiquez.

Keep it up =P

iRJi

Smash Champion
As much as I would like to help out, I can't at the moment. Im too busy cleaning the boards lol. Maybe later.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah, Octix is still pretty decent imo, does have a few things going for him for sure (I remember when you did reverse main matches vs. Azen, those were fun to watch, but then again, that was when you mained falco).

iRJi

Smash Champion
Lounis still mains the sexiest Luigi in the country.

However, Luigi vs. Metaknight is virtually hopeless. He picked up Snake for that matchup alone.
Actually, the more I play that matchup, the less I feel it is as bad as people make it. My 2nd is Luigi, since he can be played without being gayed in the east coast, and I have to do that matchup in tourney when I get counter picked a lot. There are a few things that people don't know about him that make that matchup a simple 60:40 instead of the ******** numbers that people give it. ESP the fact he does have a way to stop Nado. Luigi mains just don't use retreating Usmashes >_>

Rayku

Smash Lord
Actually, the more I play that matchup, the less I feel it is as bad as people make it. My 2nd is Luigi, since he can be played without being gayed in the east coast, and I have to do that matchup in tourney when I get counter picked a lot. There are a few things that people don't know about him that make that matchup a simple 60:40 instead of the ******** numbers that people give it. ESP the fact he does have a way to stop Nado. Luigi mains just don't use retreating Usmashes >_>
You should tell him that.

Purple

Hi guys!
What the hell is this garbage.

I play some **** friendlies and now i'm on post on a how to?

If you don't know, my snake isn't consistent with punishments, so a lot of the times i could have killed you i missed opportunities.

i was going for c4 spikes

all.
the.
time.

doing the dumbest **** possibly conceived.

>_>

Anyways, how about we money match five dollars, snake v lucario, and you can use those videos for your how to fight snake thread.

Saltix

Smash Lord
I hope you realize, Octix, that Antic has been playing Snake for about a week.

How did you do against BigLou's Snake? He consistently beats me.
So-so.

What the hell is this garbage.

I play some **** friendlies and now i'm on post on a how to?

If you don't know, my snake isn't consistent with punishments, so a lot of the times i could have killed you i missed opportunities.

i was going for c4 spikes

all.
the.
time.

doing the dumbest **** possibly conceived.

>_>

Anyways, how about we money match five dollars, snake v lucario, and you can use those videos for your how to fight snake thread.
Lol I didn't even mean for it to come out like that. I just named the thread that, so that people would look. I was mainly looking for critique for ME, as I played you a whole lot and I figured that people would point out things that I should've picked up on after "x" amount of games, or things that I was doing well against snake.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
I would recommend being very cautious with spacing when fsmashing or using aurasphere vs snake when in mid-range. Attempting to wall him with either of these moves will often give him a free ftilt--this happened fairly often in the videos. I can't blame you for it, as I have a bad habit of doing the same thing... but its definitely something you have to be more careful of in this matchup.

Also, i would try to work on uthrow/dthrow setups more and switch it up with your jab setups a bit. Its easy to get into the habit of doing mostly jab jab > grab, but try other things too. One that I don't see people use very often is to use jab (optional second jab), fair > dair. They will often try to spotdodge after the jab(s), and usually dodge the fair, allowing you to punish the spotdodge with the dair. If they stay in shield during the fair, you can airdodge or nair with retreating DI to avoid punishment or DI behind them and turnaround grab or FP. Another good option is jab (optional second jab) fsmash/dsmash, as this punishes spot dodges as well. If they try to roll away, AS is a good option, as you can often catch them as they come out of their roll.

I know these were friendlies, but both running upsmash (as an approach) and double team are probably too risky to rely on for competitive play (except in a few rare situations).\

Sorry if all of this was stuff you already knew/used or whatever, I only watched a couple of the matches cuz im at work.

Hope it was helpful... I'd love to hear your own little tricks/suggestions in this matchup as well.

Top Bottom