• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This goes out to everyone learning Underused Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You know exactly what you said. After all, I quoted it.

Talk to someone else. Not me.
I'll quote my Damm self to make it better

"And For Ankoku comment, I dont care about. I got annoy of you saying it and hype yuna up even more."

I said it annoyed me. And it ALSO hyped Yuna up. I dont give a crap for it hyping him up. Im getting at you and your comment and how it made me feel. Annoyed. How much more I need to break this down to you?

Your the one acting like a child. Yuna agreed with your comment. oh well. I simply said it annoyed me. pay more attention to what I just quoted carefully. Even others agreed you are going crazy over nothing. Your comment annoyed me and now Im the evil one. Give me a break Ankoku.

But if you wanna be that way then fine. Im not gonna plead for you to be my friend and make you understand. do and act the hell you want. See if I care. Ever since this game came out people have been just.........de que diablo. I did not go through this much crap with Melee.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I played Peach way before I even knew about tiers. I dont care about tiers. Never did and never will. I play her cause she is my Favorite nintendo character. Simple as that. And now she is weaker in brawl Then her melee self. And its harder to get wins off. But you think I really care for that? I still go up against anything with Peach and never ever counterpick against Characters. I could if I really wanted too but I dont wanna win that way. to ME, its boring. Im peach all the way at tournaments. Could care less what character or pro player I gotta play.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Listen. To. My. Words.
^_^

to lazy to read what is probably a flame war, but cheers!

Very good explaination. I play Lucas... I think he's somewhere in the middle right?
Maybe lower, but I definately play an "all or nothing" Lucas.

(IE if I have you slightly off guard, except that ever so addictive upsmash.)
No idea. Lucas is barely used currently, so go for it. Just keep in mind that the achievement is winning with an underused character, not just using one.

Believer

Smash Rookie
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.

Tiers exist, deal with it. It's impossible for any two things that are different to be equal. You can get close to it, but if popularity was all that defines tier lists, how come Street Fighter 2 Turbo players consider Akuma top tier? Nobody ever plays him except in casuals.

The reason is because he obliterates every character that fights him if the skills of the players are even close.

Same would apply for snake and MK, if nobody played them, they'd still have the same ability, just it would be untapped
Yeah, tiers do exist. I guess what I was getting at is that, tiers don't exactly matter. The simple truth is that, given the player has a certain ammount of skills and training with a character, they can do extremely well regardless of tiers.

Alright then. Go enter a tournament using only Captain Falcon and see how far you get.
I won't get far. I won't get far with any other character either. I'm not exactly great a SSB. But I've seen people who've gotten far with C. Falcon in tournaments.

The point is, tier lists try to pin a vaule on characters. When the reality is, that's just a number. It doesn't prove that Snake is the best character in the game, it just shows that it wins a lot of tournaments. If there were more entrepenurs than tier titans, other characters would be top tier, and it just keep repeating.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Where did the love go man?

Man why does good threads turn to **** on Smashboards?! This Peach argument has gone on long enough and it's getting downright ******** :mad:.

I can sorta vouch for Dark. Pch. His Peach is by far the best one I played thus far, that hard work really showed. Even though I beat him both rounds, I gotta give my respect for his Peach (No character johns next time). However, it is true that you'll need to get high in tournaments to get Peach to be respected as a reliable tournament character. So go out there and try your best I guess.

This board should be called Dramaboards instead of Smashboards :ohwell:.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Really, I don't think that's what the OP is getting at.
We were discussing something the OP didn't bring up. Someone stated their opinion, I concurred. Neither claimed the OP said it.

Dude do you just want a fight? I ended this BS already and now you wanna start up more crap with your snippy remarks? And what debate have I lost to you against? If you are talking about the Peach one, dude you got turned down by everyone. Even a mod came in and got in on it. Then finally you left with your crap.
You can't just leave after making tons of outlandish claims, none of which you have yet to substantiate except "I managed to beat one Snake once." and insulting the hell out of someone. You don't even admit you're wrong or that you lied. You just go "It was just a figure of expression!" and then go all Silent Mode on everything you've been called on that you cannot substantiate.

You started this inane fight with at least 2 posts which earned you infractions. Personal insults, open flaming and more. I replying in calmly fashion. And then you want to bail because you cannot win a single point.

I got "turend down by everyone"? Like, who? The one jillion random Peach fanboys who had barely any grasp on charcter potential? Tell, 6 months into the game's lifespan, how's Peach looking? How's she doing in tournaments? What's her potential like today? No, not her potential in friendlies, her potential in tournaments.

Has the majority of the things I've said turned out to be untrue? I don't care if 29 random Peaches who have never placed Top 10 at any tournament disagreed with me. I care if people who, you know, actually know stuff about the game agree/disagree with em. And funnily enough, many reputable Peaches who placed very high in tournaments agreed with me.

And I've already told you to quote this post where a mod apparently got in and "chewed me up" or whatever you claimed they did. Quotes or it didn't happen as you're so prone to over-exaggeration. A mod telling me to maybe to it down because many are complaining, hardly a case of him "giving me a lesson", especially as I didn't get an infraction out of it, meaning I didn't really do anything "wrong" per se for the mod to step in.

I back up what I Had to say, and beat skilled people. And gave you names.
In friendlies. How many times must I say that no one reputable cares what people do in friendlies?! Why do you? I've also said that you only gave me a list of people you've beaten (in friendlies).

I want you to specify which of them:
* Think Peach is cheap now.
* Is considering switching mains to Peach.

Am I assume all of them think so? Am I to guess which ones think so? No, really, it's not hard and only takes, what, 2 minutes? Subtatiate your claims for once and specify.

My point is really easy. And I said what I did to back it up. And my WHOLE point is Peach is better than you or anyone else sees her as. AndI have proved that here. And I will do more of that when I enter more tournaments.
"You said what you did to back i up"? In other words, you lied and exaggerated to back up your point? That's kinda indicative of someone who doesn't have a good point. You have not proven anything. Friendlies do not count!

Be my guest. I'd actually be happy if someone managed to prove to us that Peach can be played well in Competitive play in Brawl. But until such time you've actually proven anything, don't mouth off as if you already have.

It does not get any simple to explain than that. I dont like you and you dont like me. Thats why I ended it all so this wont go on and I wont get annoyed by you. And everyone is happy.
You need actual feats to prove something. You have one single feat. It doesn't mean jack squat.

Also I can name them easy, but one question. What eould that Prove if you dont know them?
I could, you know, ask them to see if it's true. I'm guessing it's not since you persist in not naming them?

You would come off as, " They are nobodys so that is not saying much" or w/e excuse to that relation. Thats why I did not say thier names.
How would I be able to say that if you named them? A simple fact checking session would determine whether you're lying again or not.

How will that proof anything to you about. The names I did give you are the ones that place high here and are currenty the best.
Who you beat in friendlies.

And these people were not easy nether obviously but I have beaten them. Give me the reason for this info and I'll make my list. Those names that I gave out are the ones that matter.
In friendlies. Again, give me the names so I can verify your claims. There's no reason for you to not name them after you claim they exist and persist it's some of the most important reasons why what you say is true.

Want me to prove my point to YOU in tournaments? NP Anything else you want?
Do it, then talk.

Also I said I used " beat the ****" as an expression What part of that cant you understand?
As an expression of what, really? "I beat the **** out of" is an expression of "I win by a large margin over". What the hell were you trying to say using that expression? "I go even with many"? "I don't get the **** beaten out of myself by"? "I can sometimes win against"? "In friendlies, I go pretty even against the local Snakes and Meta-Knights"?

You're very prone to over-exaggerating everything and blatantly lying sometimes. This is not good debating skills. Do not say "I beat the **** out of..." if it's not true. Who cares if it's just an expression? You obviously used it when it didn't apply.

Friendlies do not ever, especially not when trying to show game balance or character potential. Come back to me when you've done anything at tournaments.

If you provided tournament placings along with that/videos of the fights it would show the proof. If he tries to go, "LOL FAILZ!!!!11111" about their skill you would have proof of their skill through standings to shut him up.
But he can't. Because the only feat he's ever done in Brawl tournaments is beating one Snake at one tournament out of Winner's. Um, wow. Proves that Peach should be at least Upper Mid, alright!

The rest of his named opponents, wins, close losses and general toe-to-toe-ness are from Online and Friendlies.

I said what I said and I guess Yuna happened to agree with it AFTERWARD.
Actually, no. To be fair (to me), I said it first as I called him on it immediately. "Wow, Peach can place 10th and 9th. And? What about higher?" - Not an exact quote, but the gist of what I said.

You could honestly re-write this thread as the script for the season finale of The Young and the Restless.
Oh, please. You could re-write pretty much any thread I go to as a script for a soap. I'm just that awesome.

I haven't been keeping up with this. In fact, this is my first post on SmashBoards. But I completely agree with the first post.

Personally, I'm picking up Zero Suit Samus.

That's the best thing about Brawl. There is no real tier list. As the videos at the beginning of this thread showed, really any character can pwn. All the tier list means is that more people use those characters in tournaments, it doesn't make the other characters, the ones that might be called low tier or bottom tier, are bad.

How would tourney results prove Peach is underrated?
Tier Lists exist whether people want to or not and even if they don't write one. Tier Lists are not made by the players. We merely define them once we have enough experience with the game.

Also, there's already a clear speculative Tier List because there are already so many imbalances we can make pretty accurate guesses.

If Peach is shown to be capalboe of winning tournaments, of course it's prove she's underrated. Because at the moment, very few people believe she stands a chance at it.

Ok what the hell is wrong with you? Did I say annoy bad about you? I said you bringing that up annoyed me and this was before Yuna posted. And then Yuna decided to use it and annoy me even more. For once, you could have asked instead of turning the other cheek. I made that quite clear.

So if you wanna be like that then fine. I said your comment annoyed me.....thats it.
I called you on yet more BS. It's called using actual arguments in a debate. It was to show a big picture of your lacking debating skills (and sometimes illogical thinking).

Retconning yourself afterwards is not smart when your post remains unedited (I assume) and at least two people have quoted said post. We know exactly what you said, you know exactly what you said (only maybe not as you've shown yourself quite capable of making yourself believe you said things you didn't and didn't say things you did) after saying/not saying them.

I'll quote my Damm self to make it better

"And For Ankoku comment, I dont care about. I got annoy of you saying it and hype yuna up even more."

I said it annoyed me. And it ALSO hyped Yuna up. I dont give a crap for it hyping him up. Im getting at you and your comment and how it made me feel. Annoyed. How much more I need to break this down to you?
Obviously, whenever someone agrees with someone, it's automatically "hyping them up". Also, if you "don't give a crap for it hyping me up", why didn't you even mention it (the hyping up part) in the first place? Obviously, you do care.

It's quite childish to get annoyed at anyone who agree with someone unless they do it for the wrong reasons.

Your the one acting like a child. Yuna agreed with your comment. oh well. I simply said it annoyed me. pay more attention to what I just quoted carefully. Even others agreed you are going crazy over nothing. Your comment annoyed me and now Im the evil one. Give me a break Ankoku.
No, I said it first, then Ankoku said it. I'm guessing he hadn't read my post where I said it, as indicated by his prior post (which I've quoted in this post). We were just two separate people who separately said the same thing. But I did it first.

I didn't jump on any bandwagon or use anyone else's recycled argument. "Even others agreed you are going crazy over nothing"? Quotes, please. How many "others" can you name?

But if you wanna be that way then fine. Im not gonna plead for you to be my friend and make you understand. do and act the hell you want. See if I care. Ever since this game came out people have been just.........de que diablo. I did not go through this much crap with Melee.
Maybe your posts made more sense back when you were playing Melee and weren't so easily refuted, then.

Yeah, tiers do exist. I guess what I was getting at is that, tiers don't exactly matter. The simple truth is that, given the player has a certain ammount of skills and training with a character, they can do extremely well regardless of tiers.
This can be said about any game. Given enough of a large skill gap, the worst character in the game can beat the best one. And?

Man why does good threads turn to **** on Smashboards?! This Peach argument has gone on long enough and it's getting downright ******** :mad:.

I can sorta vouch for Dark. Pch. His Peach is by far the best one I played thus far, that hard work really showed. Even though I beat him both rounds, I gotta give my respect for his Peach (No character johns next time). However, it is true that you'll need to get high in tournaments to get Peach to be respected as a reliable tournament character. So go out there and try your best I guess.

This board should be called Dramaboards instead of Smashboards :ohwell:.
The topic at hand is not how good Dark.Pch is. I have yet to even once address Dark.Pch's skill other than to actually say "Maybe you're just that good".

The point is not whether Dark.Pch's Peach is one of the best Brawl Peaches out there, which would kinda work against his argument.

Dark.Pch's point is that Peach isn't all that bad, that she's Mid Tier material, that she can do well and has the potential to quite possibly win tournaments or at least place very high, that she is quite capable of beating the High Tiers, etc., etc., etc.

It'd kinda work against his argument if it required one of the best Brawl Peaches in the nation to be able to do anything remotely like that. If an average Snake can take Top 8, but you have to be one of the best Peaches in the nation to do the same, then that's kinda indicative that it's not really that easy and that Peach's potential isn't really all that.

I'm not saying Dark.Pch is one of the best Brawl Peaches in the U.S., though. I'm merely illustrating a point.

Peach is not "all that good" if you have to be really, really good with her to place Top 8 because comparatively, there are just that many other characters which have a much easier time placing Top 8, which means Peach, in the big scheme of things, isn't all that good.

This is the point Dark.Pch still cannot grasp even after 6 months because he's so blindly and fanboyishly looking at "Peach needs to work a lot harder than others and is thus a Low Tier" as if I'm insulting Peach as a character or interpreting it as something really, really bad. Never mind that Peach is one of my favourite characters and that I've mained her in various Mario-related games ever since Super Mario Bros. 2, which I first played back in the 90's.

It's just cold hard facts (at this writing moment, it can be refuted if someone actually proves me wrong). Peach, when compared to every other character in the game, just isn't all that.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
ok im not here to preach about peach's ability at tournaments and her tier placement or to start a long arguement. but yes peach is worse than her melee counterpart yes peach probably is gonna be in the middle or low tier range, but that doesnt mean that she cant win in tourneys at all. what about the ppl but i have been reading on the peach boards that some ppl have compared peach to pit. idk if thats the true story and ill try to find the quote for everyone. but peach has potential. sure its not as much as say lucas or wario for that matter. but there is some there, if needed i will give some examples. some are obvious, but brawl is such a new game and peaches metagame is devolping, who knows she maybe one of the best characters to compete with, but at this time, its currently unknown. me and dark are good friends and he tells me about him beating snakes and mks at tourneys. and he places well too. But if he plays respectable snake and mk players idk because i dont ask. and i by all means am not a fanboy of peach, i play her in melee and brawl cause i think she is a character that best fits my style, im a wolf fanboy if anything. but i main peach over him. and im not a blind fanboy. but i want to conclude this post with everyone has their own opinion and ppl are gonna bite back if sum1 trys to shove facts or opinions. please everyone just bury the hatchet on this one.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ankoku......freaking child. Can't even admit you went crazy over nothing. Heh. I love this game and what it does to people. Ha ha, this game is like a evil curse brought to us from japan. w/e, be a 12 yeard old.

Yuna, What the hell have I lied about?

Also dont give me that friendly excuse. Cause if thats the case, people whop beat me, that does not mean a **** thing. They got nothing over me. We fought......for nothing. Tired of that ****ing excuse . But when People beat me, its "oh I beat Dark.Pch, I got stuff over him, Im the man" Everyone is always making **** excuses for everything with me and I get tired of it. Wether it may be because Im not a pro or don't play a high tier. Get tired of that ****. You lost you lost. W/e damm excuse that would apply to the people I beat would go for them too. Oh wait.........no it would not. Cause they are better than me and play a better character. But if they way "Yea thats showing em, thats where you stand"

You want your names, here, go on a smash hunt.

- Ether: Snake

- WoZ: Fox/Snake

- C4!?: Falco/Marth

- Ph.D: R.O.B

- Goddat: Meta

Thats about all the names I can remember. there is more bit don't think I got thier names. But I have no problem looking into that and getting those names.

And what is this Fanboy crap your pulling on me. I say my character can hold her own wait and it makes me a fanboy? The hell is with these typical statements.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
The way I see it, tier list to me just shows how hard you gotta work to beat the character. Thats it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
You know exactly what you said. After all, I quoted it.

Please, don't act like that. Is this misunderstanding worth losing a friend over? I don't think Dark.Pch meant it the way you read it.

Ankoku......freaking child. Can't even admit you went crazy over nothing. Heh. I love this game and what it does to people. Ha ha, this game is like a evil curse brought to us from japan. w/e, be a 12 yeard old.
Please don't make it worse...

A conciliatory tone will probably do wonders here since it's obvious this is a big misunderstanding.

We were discussing something the OP didn't bring up. Someone stated their opinion, I concurred. Neither claimed the OP said it.
Sorry, I seem to have misunderstood where you were going with that post. Carry on then.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Please, don't act like that. Is this misunderstanding worth losing a friend over? I don't think Dark.Pch meant it the way you read it.

A conciliatory tone will probably do wonders here since it's obvious this is a big misunderstanding.
I'll say this, I have been getting annoyed by alot of people lately. Not just on here. Ether way I just said his comment annoyed me, not that He did or I cant stand him. I dont have to like a comment even from a friend. You see how I dont like Yuna's and he does not like mines? Yet Im still debating with this dude, and I have no reason to wanna kick his azz personally. But Since wants to be like that, Im not gonna chase someone to be my friend all because they read wrong or took it the wrong way when I made it as clear as possible as to what I ment.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's nothing worth keeping a tentative friendship over.

Well, apparently he doesn't know what he did wrong, but he's still throwing talk in my direction. Despite my requests. Three times.

In that case, what's the point of a tier list?
Everyone loves a tier list. It's especially useful, however, in determining which characters will see a lot of play and therefore characters that you will have to watch out for.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
ok im not here to preach about peach's ability at tournaments and her tier placement or to start a long arguement. but yes peach is worse than her melee counterpart yes peach probably is gonna be in the middle or low tier range, but that doesnt mean that she cant win in tourneys at all. what about the ppl but i have been reading on the peach boards that some ppl have compared peach to pit. idk if thats the true story and ill try to find the quote for everyone. but peach has potential. sure its not as much as say lucas or wario for that matter. but there is some there, if needed i will give some examples. some are obvious, but brawl is such a new game and peaches metagame is devolping, who knows she maybe one of the best characters to compete with, but at this time, its currently unknown. me and dark are good friends and he tells me about him beating snakes and mks at tourneys. and he places well too. But if he plays respectable snake and mk players idk because i dont ask. and i by all means am not a fanboy of peach, i play her in melee and brawl cause i think she is a character that best fits my style, im a wolf fanboy if anything. but i main peach over him. and im not a blind fanboy. but i want to conclude this post with everyone has their own opinion and ppl are gonna bite back if sum1 trys to shove facts or opinions. please everyone just bury the hatchet on this one.
People say a lot of things. Peach is nowhere near as good as Pit. Peach cannot do the things Pit can do. Pit is better at Peach in pretty much everything except, IIRC, Pit's lighter.

If I look hard enough, I can find people claiming Yoshi can win tournaments. In fact, I don't even have to look that hard. My point is:
It doesn't matter if "people" are saying something. You have to consider the source. OK, so they don't have to be good players. But are they at least knowledgable and reliable sources of information instead of people who clearly don't know that much about the game?

Bedcause comparing Peach to Pit? Yeah, no.

Peach has some potential, yeah. She can place Top 10. With enough hard work, she could even place Top 5. The problem is that she just has to work that much harder than a lot of other characters. If you worked as hard as someone else, like, say, Pit, you'd win the tournament instead of placing 9th or 5th.

Everyone has the potential to win tournaments if you "work hard enough" and your opponents aren't good enough to beat you. Peach does, Ganondorf does, Yoshi does. But... in the grand scheme of things, that doesn't mean much.

In a tournament where you throw in the best players in the U.S., who do you think will win? A Top Tier mainer or a Low Tier mainer?

Yuna, What the hell have I lied about?
English is my 3rd language and I understand it's your 2nd?

What have you lied about? I've told you what you've lied about 5 times already:
That you've been "beating the ****" out of Snakes and Meta-Knights.

Now I don't care about your retcon that you were just "using an expression". There's only one meaning to that "expression"; that you're constently beating Meta-Knights and Snakes with a large margin... which you aren't. You're barely winning at all. In fact, according to yourself, you're just going even and losing by a small margin instead of even winning the majority of your matches against Snakes and Meta-Knights.

It was a blatant lie. Or at the very least one huge exaggeration, things you do quite frequently, I might add. Instead of going "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that." you just went "You have me there. But it's just a figure of expression!" (yeah, one you misused).

Also dont give me that friendly excuse. Cause if thats the case, people whop beat me, that does not mean a **** thing. They got nothing over me. We fought......for nothing. Tired of that ****ing excuse . But when People beat me, its "oh I beat Dark.Pch, I got stuff over him, Im the man" Everyone is always making **** excuses for everything with me and I get tired of it. Wether it may be because Im not a pro or don't play a high tier. Get tired of that ****. You lost you lost. W/e damm excuse that would apply to the people I beat would go for them too. Oh wait.........no it would not. Cause they are better than me and play a better character. But if they way "Yea thats showing em, thats where you stand"
It's not an excuse at all. Ask any credible Competitive fighting game player and ask them what they think friendlies mean. Ask them if any of them place any weight behind friendlies, especially when talking about game balance and character potential.

Ask them if any of them think Peach has Competitive potential because you have been able to win in friendlies against Top Tiers and High Tiers.

Ask them... and see how many people laugh in your face.

You want your names, here, go on a smash hunt.

- Ether: Snake

- WoZ: Fox/Snake

- C4!?: Falco/Marth

- Ph.D: R.O.B

- Goddat: Meta

Thats about all the names I can remember. there is more bit don't think I got thier names. But I have no problem looking into that and getting those names.
These are people who you've made either say that Peach is "cheap" or that they are considering maining Peach after you've "shown them your stuff"? I'll start PM:ing them right now.

If you lied and/or overly exaggerated even on these arbitrary things, I'll just point to them every single time I need to put down your credibility in the future.

And what is this Fanboy crap your pulling on me. I say my character can hold her own wait and it makes me a fanboy? The hell is with these typical statements.
No, your fanboyedness comes from the fact that you flare up as if I'd personally insulted you and go on a 2 page rant about me where you use expletives and personal insults just because I just happened to say "Peach isn't that good in Brawl".

Not just you but others as well. Many of you got pissed after I'd made, like, my 2nd post in the Peach forums about how Peach ain't that good (this after at least 3 threads where people claimed she could still win tournaments). Meanwhile, no one's ever given me **** about calling Yoshi, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Samus, Captain Falcon and quite many other characters bad to quasi-bad.

But, no, I open my mouth about how Peach has a hard time for the first time in months and you go off on me using lies and exaggerations to "prove" me wrong. Meanwhile, did you notice how Niko_K didn't even try to refute my post where I pointed out how Peach is a probable future Low Tier after he specifically told me to elaborate on why I think that way?

And you haven't addressed any of the points I brought up there. No, you just pulled out "evidence" through your personal Smash feats, despite me telling you why they don't really count.

No, friendlies do not count. No matter how much you wish they do. Sure, you can point at them and go "I beat these people a few times in friendlies" and people might say "Hmmm... then I'll consider you to be roughly on their level".

But no one cares about friendlies in deep discussions like Tier placements. No, you've proven bupkis through your friendlies.

...it's just not a day when you don't see Yuna blasting dudes.
Blasting tons of dudes. And I don't even need a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Enough with that crap already Yuna. If I amp in a match and someone calls me gay for doing it..........does that person mean I am gay? No its just an experssion. So for the love of god enough with it already cause its not proving 2 ****s. If I call someone a piece of crap.........are they really a piece of crap? A 12 year old can understand this, why the hell cant you.

I win agaisnt top tiers wether in friendlies or in tournament. Dont mean ****. I get the job done. And I have asked people already when I have played them about Peach wether in tournaments or in friendlies.. I dont get bull**** from them. Its a straight up answer. You lose, you lose. Stop freaking making damm excuses for people. iIn friendlies They see what I can do. its not that much pressure as it is in tournaments but never the less, they get a teatse of it. And if we were to play in a tournaments, they would step thier game up cause its the real deal and so will I. I dont care you who are, you lose, you lose, no johns and dont make excuses for others.

Fanboy my rear end. I cant defend my own character? Just like you wanna defend your calm when you think something is not correct I have the right to do it with mine. And because of that I am a fanboy. give me a damm break with that. i see more work and good things about this character working my butt off then anyone else based on thier opinions and what they say about Peach. And if I feel the need to defend that calm and prove it, then I will and no one is gonna tell me other wise. And thats not being a fanboy. Learn the difference.

Niko Had nothing to argue with, He asked why you think Peach cant do anything or w/e it was. he wanted your opinion. And he got it. So why the hell is he gonna get on you for it? there was no point in brining that up.

And go ahead and start your PM adventure. Let me know how that goes.

Also, the person that called Peach cheap is not in the second list of players I gave you. Its in the first. But I dont wanna say who it was to start anymore crap then there already is. Then I get flamed, talk down and you have yet another sidekick on your *** to annoy me some more.

BUNI

Smash Apprentice
And you can do it Kupo! Hats off to you, to everyone in this thread who is learning the tools of the trade with their character.

Spoken like a fellow Peach Lover, i mained her in Melee and love her charnges in brawl, but i have her moves down enough. I am working on Zamus/Samus (i love Metroid, not girls...get it lol)

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ankoku has never been my sidekick. And it speaks volumes that you still think that friedlies matter to this extent ("I can beat High Tiers in friendlies! Yay!").

Saying Peach isn't that good in Brawl isn't putting her down as a character, it's putting her Competitive potential down in a fighting game. You blindly defend her without using any proof (well, at least now you do, only it's all faulty) and you frequently resort to expletives, highly exaggerated accounts and flaming.

Rational and calm people can debate heatedly without resorting to any of that. In fact, I do it all the time. You've received two infractions in this thread alone. I've received 0 infractions (well, I did receive one for "minor spam" once, but that hardly counts) in my entire SWF career (that I can remember, maybe I got one back in 2004, dunno).

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
No one saie Ankoku. He has nothing to do with this. Never did. Stop assuming geez. Once again. I said friendlies are not at the same value as singles. But it means something to an extent.

And what can I say, I get annoyed easy..........

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Im gonna make this clear in one paragraph. I don't wanna be in a bad spirit and I have a tournament to get ready for.

You say Peach is low tier or w/e and cant handle her own against high tiers or in the competitive seen. She is not all that. etc. I say Peach is more than people say she is and stated my reasons for it. Also gave my 2 tournament placing, and people I have played and beat. And what you want is more info to make my calm more alive then I have been trying to make it. So no problem. I'll enter more tournaments and place decent to show you and the others that feel that way. And I'll even record my bracket, players names and the characters used. with every match I win or lose in both friendlies/ and tournaments. If I can I'll even get recorded. Now this sums up all of what I have been getting att. Now do you agree with this or not?

BUNI

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys realize that you are having a silly internet argument? It is just a game, why care about Tiers just play each other and have fun.

Sadly Dark.Pch the Odds are stacked against our Princess i think you know this. It is always ALWAYS possible to win any Brawl Tournament with any character. Just a little harder with some.

Even though the odds are stacked against her, remember the game is still pretty new and more new things will be discovered tiers and whatnot are like written in chalk right now, changes will be made. (i hope)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Do you guys realize that you are having a silly internet argument? It is just a game, why care about Tiers just play each other and have fun.

Sadly Dark.Pch the Odds are stacked against our Princess i think you know this. It is always ALWAYS possible to win any Brawl Tournament with any character. Just a little harder with some.

Even though the odds are stacked against her, remember the game is still pretty new and more new things will be discovered tiers and whatnot are like written in chalk right now, changes will be made. (i hope)
I dont care for odds. It was just the same in melee with me. And I never decided to counterpick with characters when it got ruff with Peach. I went Peach all the way. I try and try, if I fall I get back up. I would never switch Peach out. Same goes for Peach in brawl. I already accepted the road of hard matches up and the way Peach is in brawl.

If I wanted too I could use my Falco and Snake for tournaments. when I have it ruff in a fight with Peach. But I dont wanna win like that. To ME........let me make it more clear, to DARK.PCH, its boring and it its more worth while to do it all with Peach. I have something to prove and I wont rest till I do it. If I was to win like that, i woul;d not be all that pleased. I wanna win and make it far with just Peach alone, not with counterpicking. I dont care if I dont win tournaments. I really dont need to. Thats not what I am trying to do here. Though if I won one with her that be pretty bad azz. but thats not what I am after. I already stated what I am trying to do.

You get annoyed easily? I'm about to throw some plastic bottles at people here, just because you can't follow two simple requests.
I dont know what you are getting at with this or what request you are talking about......

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Don't talk to me, don't even mention my name. Ever.
This one.

I sincerely hope that people will at least agree with the common sense that:
Picking an underused character does not make you special.
WINNING a tournament with an underused character earns you recognition.
Making top eight in a non-local tournament will, as well.
Place top eight, or you didn't actually place top ten - you placed top 12.

With that in mind, godspeed to Lucas mainers, I guess.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
No one saie Ankoku. He has nothing to do with this. Never did. Stop assuming geez. Once again. I said friendlies are not at the same value as singles. But it means something to an extent.

And what can I say, I get annoyed easy..........
1) You said: "Then I get flamed, talk down and you have yet another sidekick on your *** to annoy me some more."

Who is this Phantom Sidekick you're referring to? Or did you randomly mention a Phantom Sidekick without referencing anyone in particular who's "been my sidekick" in this specific thread?
2) Despite the fact that you have flamed me, no one in this thread has yet to flame you (as far as I can see). Please look up the definition of the word "flaming". I'm sick and tired of people crying "Flaming!" the second someone says something remotely negative.
3) Funny, so did I. I clearly said friendlies mean something to a certain extent. But they don't mean much. And they mean nothing when trying to prove that a character is Competitively viable. Ask around. No one credible would put any weight to friendlies in discussions like these. I've told you this many times already. Don't believe me? Ask people.

Friendlies barely even count for determining skill. "I managed to beat Ken once in a friendly!". Really? Then beat me in a tournament match/moneymatch.

You say Peach is low tier or w/e and cant handle her own against high tiers or in the competitive seen. She is not all that. etc. I say Peach is more than people say she is and stated my reasons for it. Also gave my 2 tournament placing, and people I have played and beat. And what you want is more info to make my calm more alive then I have been trying to make it. So no problem. I'll enter more tournaments and place decent to show you and the others that feel that way. And I'll even record my bracket, players names and the characters used. with every match I win or lose in both friendlies/ and tournaments. If I can I'll even get recorded. Now this sums up all of what I have been getting att. Now do you agree with this or not?
This is what I've been saying all along. I never said Peach could never win anything ever. I never said she could never place Top 10. But if she's any good, if she's got the potential to win major tournaments, why did you just say "I'll enter tournaments and place decently"? If she's so good, you (and more important, other Peaches) would be able to place well as her, not just decently. Heck, at least one or two Peaches should then be able to win tournaments.

After all, if she has the potential to win, why does she rarely ever place higher than 10th-ish?!

Also, Ankoku makes an excellent point:
How the hell did you place 10th?! It's not possible with conventional tournament rulesets. Once again, you exaggerated things? Also, 9th means you placed joint 9th-12th.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
After all, if she has the potential to win, why does she rarely ever place higher than 10th-ish?!
She has the potential to win, but other characters have the potential to win more often.

Boxob

Smash Champion
She has the potential to win, but other characters have the potential to win more often.
You can say that about anyone.

"x has the potential to win, but y is better"

Or "You can win as x, but everyone using abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwyz sucks/ isn't as good as you are"

An empty statement, really.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ummm... yeah. OK, so if 17 or so characters have higher chances of winning, some of them, like Snake, Meta-Knight, Pit and Zelda vastly higher chances than Peach, what does this tell us?

That Peach's chances aren't that high. No one said Peach can't do jack ****. She can do stuff... only many others can do tons more stuff. It's like this, Peach is not useless, she can do a few things. The thing is that she can't do as many things or as do things as good as a lot of other characters. Because of this, she, in the grand scheme of things, isn't that good.

It's like you vs. me in soccer. I suck at soccer because I don't play sports, I'm also scrawny and can barely kick a ball because I've never practiced it... ever, except for when forced to in P.E. Chances are, you'd vastly superior to me in soccer. You'd win 7-2.

Now you vs. David Beckham in soccer. 100-0. See my point? Peach vs. Mid Tier, she stands a decent chance. Peach vs. Mid Tier, High Tier and Top Tier? Umm... no.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Here wait I want to join the debate.

Peach sucks, Discuss.
Peach is better than bad, but not as good as amazing.

Yuna, I have trouble ever making sense of your soccer analogy, for some odd reason. It should make sense, but I can't make sense out of it. Whatever.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Blasting tons of dudes. And I don't even need a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning.
That. Is. Win.

Anyway, this has somehow turned into a grand argument/discussion of Peach's tierplacement/ability. If I'm not mistaken, discussion on Peach's strengths and faults in particular need to be relagated to the Peach forums while discussion of her tier placement goes in the handy dandy sticky. Any further direct arguing (as wehther Yuna is personally involved or not It hink everyone agrees Dark.Pch is personally involved) reeeeaaaally need to go to private message so the rest of us don't have to suffer through it and can get back to the actual topic at hand.

Please?

Boxob

Smash Champion

Yuna, I have trouble ever making sense of your soccer analogy, for some odd reason. It should make sense, but I can't make sense out of it. Whatever.
I don't believe you because I don't
believe in tiers because I don't believe in tournament results and you like tiers. You're dumb, I hate you, and I win.

No one actually likes soccer, it's fine.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer

Someone can be good. And that's fine. But it doesn't matter much in competition if they aren't amazing once you hit the highest ranks of competition.

Say you main Peach. OK. Say you can beat all of your friends as Peach, say you might even taking top spots at local tournaments. Because Peach is "good"(-ish). Your Peach can beat every single character below her on the Tier List. Ok, fine.

But what happens once she runs into amazing characters? Good gets curbstomped by Amazing.

Just because you're Good doesn't mean you can win major tournaments. And just because you can't win major tournaments doesn't mean you're Bad. Peach is not useless. She's not like Chun Li in Capcom vs. SNK 2. She can still do stuff and go places.

But she can't win major or quite possibly even minor tournaments because she's not Amazing. You have to be Amazing to do that or at least Stellar. And Peach is neither. She's barely Good, at this stage in the metagame, anyway.

So someone can beat me quite badly in soccer. And? Throw a really good soccer player before him and he'll get curbstomped, anyway.

Good > Bad
Amazing >>>> Good
Good =/= Can win major tournaments
Can't win major tournaments =/= Bad/useless/character bashing

That. Is. Win.

Anyway, this has somehow turned into a grand argument/discussion of Peach's tierplacement/ability. If I'm not mistaken, discussion on Peach's strengths and faults in particular need to be relagated to the Peach forums while discussion of her tier placement goes in the handy dandy sticky. Any further direct arguing (as wehther Yuna is personally involved or not It hink everyone agrees Dark.Pch is personally involved) reeeeaaaally need to go to private message so the rest of us don't have to suffer through it and can get back to the actual topic at hand.

Please?
As long as you don't make threads in the wrong sections or create a new thread for Tier discussions (that is clearly nothing besides "This is what I believe the future Tiers will be!"), then it's OK to talk about whatever whenever as long as it doesn't go against the ToS.

Also, did you (or anyone else for that matter) get the reference?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I dont know how the the numbers go But when my name it said tenth. It was posted like thats o um.......Yea lets kill me for it eh? so its 12th........Ok, thats fine with me. Im not gonna hide that I made a mistake on that. I admit on that error. Least I can when I ether misread something and they put 10th next to my name.........hmm.....was that so hard? 9 let you boys assume and debate who this was target too.)

The side kick I was refering too was the one within the first list I gave you of players. One name in there was the person that called Peach cheap. And I dont wanna say who to start any bull****. You can OBVIOUSLY see my point in that now....

And MY reason for Peach not placing top w/e ( whats the highest 7th or 9th within the single digits?) Is cause these guys dont know how to fully use her that way OR They just don't know the match ups. But I usually learn to reason number one. But I have taken the time to review all of this. why peaches are losing, what characters are getting to them, etc. I take all of that into consideration. Then I create a certain way to use My Peach. Whatever is working I keep, what does not, I destroy it and get something else. I watch many videos of Peach players and why they loses the matches. I also take notes of what I see and do research. Im learning and still am of ALL of Peaches options, even if I have to make them myself. I can go on about this but you get the idea.

And incase this was not already known about me.......

"Picking an underused character does not make you special.
WINNING a tournament with an underused character earns you recognition.
Making top eight in a non-local tournament will, as well."

^^^^^(does not play this game for those reasons)

And also Ankoku, I did not talk to you, you responded to me with that "throwing bottle" post. If you hate me that bad, there is an ignore list. Use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom