• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This Board Died:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
League of Legends.

It's a MOBA, or, more generally, it's an RTS.

Also, SSB:B is totally unbalanced with complete dispraportions in viability between the highest and lowest teirs.. It may never be perfectly balanced, but if the game patched online semi-regularly (even every couple months or so) then the giant discrepencies in balance would become smaller, and exploits would dissapear.
I've never even heard of that game before nor do I know what a MoBA or a RTS is. Is this even a console game ?

Actually Brawl is more balanced than people think. Especially when compared to something like Melee.

How is Brawl even unbalanced anyways?

@Sonic

Melee was like fox marth falco sheik falcon for like 3 years lol.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
One character dominating another doesn't make a whole game unbalanced lol..... even balanced games have unfair MUs. That's what counterpicking is for.

Totally different than Brawl, where a few characters make entire chunks of the cast unviable. x.o Even some of Brawl's high tiers aren't viable because of the top few.

But whatevs, to each his own opinion. Back to boards talk for me. =X

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
One character dominating another doesn't make a whole game unbalanced lol..... even balanced games have unfair MUs. That's what counterpicking is for.

Totally different than Brawl, where a few characters make entire chunks of the cast unviable. x.o Even some of Brawl's high tiers aren't viable because of the top few.
If the game is balanced then there would be no need for a CP right?

Or are we deluding ourselves to believe that the game is balanced because a handful of players win with a mid tier ?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Actually Brawl is more balanced than people think. Especially when compared to something like Melee.

How is Brawl even unbalanced anyways?

@Sonic
I don't want to drag this out a lot because any posts questioning the validity of Brawl as a successor to melee or as a legitimately competitive game in any way tend to be looked down upon with swift judgement.

That having been said. There are some characters in the upper teirs who have range, weight, recovery, strength, etc. and, yet, their are characters lower down who have NONE of that.

I'm not opposed to a character being decent at everything, but some characters are simply flat out better.

look at snake and zelda.
Snake is heavier
Snake's recovery is more reliable
Snake camps better
Snake has better range (in general)
Snake hits harder
Snake isn't completely walled by the use of the sheild button.
Snake is faster than zelda
Snake attacks more quickly than zelda

..... honestly... does zelda outclass snake in ANY category? How is that balanced?

I know, it's not as bad as some games in which there are characters so good that they are essentially unbeatable or so bad that they are unusable in any matchup, but the difference between the top and bottom teirs is VAST in this game. The cast is replete with characters, but only a fraction are realistically usable as mains.

Even perfectly balanced games are allowed to have matchups where one character outclasses another in a matchup. However, in brawl, MOST OF THE CAST IS NOT COMPETITIVELY VIABLE WITHOUT A TOP/VERY-HIGH TEIR BACKUP.

I've never even heard of that game before nor do I know what a MoBA or a RTS is. Is this even a console game ?.
MOBA = Multiplayer Online Battle Arena
RTS = Real Time Strategy

it's on PC (and I think, now, Mac)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I dunoo i witness ma ****** X place top 8 at nationals with a supposed D tier character and I watch Diddys and Falcos win nationals and Olimars and Pikachus upsetting people and ZSS placing in the money and Ikes beating top players and Fox players beating "broken" characters and I say the game is balanced more than people think.

Edit: bottom tier characters generally don't do well in any fighting game....that is why they are bottom tier.

I play a character that is just barely out of low tier and I hold my own pretty much against any character in the game.....I never have any issues whatsoever with balance.....to each his own though.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
@ sonic That sounds pretty ****ing horrible.

@ Mars *****s is lazy though. *shrugs* can't forget weegee though .

Kisamealex3

Smash Journeyman
There is no such thing as a balanced fighting game anyway. So...

Well...that's just if you ask me.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I dunoo i witness ma ****** X place top 8 at nationals with a supposed D tier character and I watch Diddys and Falcos win nationals and Olimars and Pikachus upsetting people and ZSS placing in the money and Ikes beating top players and Fox players beating "broken" characters and I say the game is balanced more than people think.

Edit: bottom tier characters generally don't do well in any fighting game....that is why they are bottom tier.

I play a character that is just barely out of low tier and I hold my own pretty much against any character in the game.....I never have any issues whatsoever with balance.....to each his own though.
The percentage of Brawl's cast which is singularly viable is laughable. I would say that well over 50% of the cast is unusable without a backup in the upper eschelon. If you want to win that is.

@ sonic That sounds pretty ****ing horrible.
the game is wildly popular having millions of players worldwide (people can sign up for multiple accounts, but I'd assume there are at least hundreds of thousands of individual players) which is pretty incredible given that the game is barely over a year old.

The game might not be YOUR cup of tea, but it's winning all sorts of "best game" awards in its given genre, and is continuing to grow. It's a legit game, and it's good game.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Just to clarify, I meant realistically balanced. Not.... 100% perfectly balanced down to every single MU. Because that's silly to hope for.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
There is no such thing as a balanced fighting game anyway. So...

Well...that's just if you ask me.
This is what I agree with.

The percentage of Brawl's cast which is singularly viable is laughable. I would say that well over 50% of the cast is unusable without a backup in the upper eschelon. If you want to win that is.

the game is wildly popular having millions of players worldwide (people can sign up for multiple accounts, but I'd assume there are at least hundreds of thousands of individual players) which is pretty incredible given that the game is barely over a year old.

The game might not be YOUR cup of tea, but it's winning all sorts of "best game" awards in its given genre, and is continuing to grow. It's a legit game, and it's good game.
Obama had millions of people vote for him...you aint saying much.

Just to clarify, I meant realistically balanced. Not.... 100% perfectly balanced down to every single MU. Because that's silly to hope for.
Ah, I see. Well apparently it wasn't that balanced because they made another edition to it. *shrugs* it's w/e though.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Obama had millions of people vote for him...you aint saying much.
You are an idiot. How's that for saying much. You are either too inept to realize the sheer amount of failure in your retort or you're too stuborn to ever let go of something when you want to be right (though, even then, you'd still be an idiot).

Just in case you are an idiot who is just that stupid, and actually want to know why you're an idiot so that you can be less of an idiot in the future:
Your retort makes one major assumption: that Obama is worse than the alternative (McCain/Palin). If you, as I assume you would to further your argument whether or not you actually have any comprehension of the subject, insist that this is the case, you're argument is still flawed on a level that is stupid on a mindblowing level.

The voting public votes for, essentially, one of two candidates. And, while noone forces anyone to vote, and one doesn't technically NEED to vote for one of the two main candidates, voting directly affects the leadership under which one would be a citizen. As such, it would behove an individual to vote.

When chosing to play a video-game, however, you can chose ANY GAME you want, and if you don't chose to play the game, NOBODY ELSE IS GOING TO MAKE A DECISION ABOUT WHAT GAMES YOU CAN AND CAN'T PLAY FOR YOU.
But if you are, rather, as I assume you are, an argumentative idiot rather than just a plain, run-of-the-mill--but exceptionally unintelligent--idiot, I doubt that having read this, you'll be any less of an idiot, and will continue to say idiotic things, at least I tried, and I'll know that I should just ignore your stupid blathering because it's useless to attempt to communicate with such ignorance.

That having been said, as a member of smash-world forums, you are completely within your rights to post a further retort about how, somehow, your point is still valid and that you aren't, in actuallity, an idiot. But at least I shall take comfort in knowing that I, as well as anyone else who has read your posts, will know that you would be wrong, yet again.

Good night. Look in the mirror sometime and see whether or not you actually believe the lies that you tell yourself about how everyone else is wrong and that you are "hot ****," or whatever it is that you tell yourself to keep going on.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
you're an idiot for thinking I'd read the text that was high lighted LMFAO !

Nice Edit sonic ^_^ LoL.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
you're an idiot for thinking I'd read the text that was high lighted LMFAO !

Nice Edit sonic ^_^ LoL.
originally nothing was under spoiler tags. But, I decided that, since I was giving you a choice to choose your particular brand of idiocy, I should give you a choice over which set of text to read.

It was, indeed, foolish of my not to realize that the latter type of idiot wouldn't read either set, so I just removed those spoiler tags to rectify that oversight.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
It's alright you're embarrassed I it's cool man. I would be too if I tried to pull that non sense you did. *shrugs* It's cool man. There's no point in fighting. If you like that game that's fine I don't if you like Obama that's fine I don't.+

@kaylo I agree I'm didn't mean for an argument to start how was I supposed to know he'd be so butt sore about some game.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
@kaylo I agree I'm didn't mean for an argument to start how was I supposed to know he'd be so butt sore about some game.
not about the game. About you.

I don't think a normal person would have said anything at all outside of "I don't think I'd like that game"

But, I mean, come on. The basis of your argument was awful. It wasn't that you were trying to say you didn't like the idea of the game, you were trying to prove that the opinions of its hundreds of thousands of fans are non-applicable because you don't like some guy millions of people voted for in a completely non-comparable situation.

Stupid angers me.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
You've missed my point. Just because something popular =/= make it good. Now that you understand you can stop now. I love how simple things tend to go over ppl's head. Any SDH the game still sounds bad it doesn't even sound like a fighting game it sounds more like WoW or Ruenscape a couple more terrible games. But different strokes for different folks. Just ease up on the coffee my dood.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
You've missed my point. Just because something popular =/= make it good. Now that you understand you can stop now. I love how simple things tend to go over ppl's head. Any SDH the game still sounds bad it doesn't even sound like a fighting game it sounds more like WoW or Ruenscape a couple more terrible games. But different strokes for different folks. Just ease up on the coffee my dood.
The multiple awards were supposed to show that the game is deemed to be good in its genre.

The genre of MOBA or RTS (neither of which is a fighting game). The only other games which really fit into this category are DotA (Defense of the Ancients) and HoN (Heroes of Newerth) Though player-base, critical reception and award recognition say that neither of those are anywhere near as good as LoL

And it's not like either of those, which are MMORPGs in which you play character and level them up through adventuring and what not.

LoL is basically a game where you pick a character from a list of over 50 (and growing) and team up against other such characters in either 3v3 or 5v5 matches.

the goal is to destroy the enemy's base without having your own destoryed.

The concept is quite simple, what gives the game depth is the unique way each of the different characters play. and the unique set of 4 abilities the characters have.

The games last anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour, so you can play a pickup game when you feel like it, as opposed to an MMORPG where you basically have to be attached to a computer to avoid missing out on things.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Fujjin you are bad lol. I remember playing you on AIB and wrecking you with Mario. 3x is definitely not a random he placed second in doubles 2 weeks ago taking out teams of double MK's and doing work against me and Nairo. Go somewhere scrub please where are your results?

Edit: He said Ganon can camp Zelda!? bbl I just took a **** on myself.
You beat me on AIB.
I'm...soooo
maaddd

anyways you guys are really off topic.
I can troll to get people in here, but it doesn't help if you guys talk about SSF4 and video game balance the entire time.
This is the same thing that happened with the BBR discussion of Zelda, people get off topic and start talking about random ****.

also anyone can outcamp Zelda

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Well, I think we answered the question of why the boards are dead. Don't think there's a solution if people are going to continue to bicker. x.o

.......This is exactly why I like the quiet better, lol.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Well, I think we answered the question of why the boards are dead. Don't think there's a solution if people are going to continue to bicker. x.o

.......This is exactly why I like the quiet better, lol.
I fully blame Sonic the Hedgedawg.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Zelda sucks anyways. I lost almost all my interest in using her.

Sheik on the other hand is still sexy.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Seriously, guys all jokes aside how should we get the boards on track ro should we even bother? Should we just merge the Zelda and Sheik boards? Is there any point in Zelda having her own board?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Seriously, guys all jokes aside how should we get the boards on track ro should we even bother? Should we just merge the Zelda and Sheik boards? Is there any point in Zelda having her own board?
the mentality of the sheik boards is way different. They wouldn't like the flavour that the zelda boards bring. And, while merging the boards may bring more activity here, I wouldn't really like the Zelda boards any more.

The sheik board is just so.... serious. :glare:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
the mentality of the sheik boards is way different. They wouldn't like the flavour that the zelda boards bring. And, while merging the boards may bring more activity here, I wouldn't really like the Zelda boards any more.

The sheik board is just so.... serious. :glare:
I don't visit the sheik boards so I really wouldn't know what they're like. What flavor is there about the Zelda boards you like?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I don't visit the sheik boards so I really wouldn't know what they're like. What flavor is there about the Zelda boards you like?
it's an intangable thing. But for better or worse, the zelda boards are a bit like a family, and if we were to merge with the sheik boards, then we'd be part of a larger family who don't really do things the way we do.

If you want to go to the sheik boards to see what I mean, feel free. You may even like it better.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

Basically

Sheik boards: omfg, our character has so much potential we have to investigate technique #37602539789764 to make it work better with #5789567890123755 and then do this this this and discuss that that that GO GO GO GO GO

Zelda boards: Our character is bad, we dont feel like arguing much anymore, let's have cake :)

:052:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Nah. Sheik players for the most part are tournament active and we care about advancing our character and actually playing the game and whatnot.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
THIS but I feel sorry for you guys having such a dead board, I enjoy playing Zelda every now and then and I want to see more from you guys and the Falco boards are dead most of the time as well but not as much.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace

Zelda boards: Our character is bad, we dont feel like arguing much anymore, let's have cake :)

:052:
I think Zelda boards should be at least a bit more optimistic, want to do the things or actually do them... :/

It's just like everything, our character/strategies/techniques can't get a little or much better/work overnight and/or magically, there are a lot of things to do, and it's just a matter of time, patience and do it.

I can help in anything I can, because I don't like to think I already lost a match before even playing it!!! :mad:

It's cool when it's a joke, but the only thing that will happen if someone keeps thinking like that it's just nothing good.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I think Zelda boards should be at least a bit more optimistic, want to do the things or actually do them... :/

It's just like everything, our character/strategies/techniques can't get a little or much better/work overnight and/or magically, there are a lot of things to do, and it's just a matter of time, patience and do it.

I can help in anything I can, because I don't like to think I already lost a match before even playing it!!! :mad:

It's cool when it's a joke, but the only thing that will happen if someone keeps thinking like that it's just nothing good.
Almost NONE of us think she's as bad as she appears on the teir list, mind you, just that she's subpar. And, as we discussed before, anything below par is essentially accepting that you've put yourself at a major disadvantage.

At least not all of the top characters totally destroy her or anything.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Almost NONE of us think she's as bad as she appears on the teir list, mind you, just that she's subpar. And, as we discussed before, anything below par is essentially accepting that you've put yourself at a major disadvantage.

At least not all of the top characters totally destroy her or anything.
I don't think she's that bad!! :urg:

I totally agree about the disadvantaje, but that doesn't necessarilly mean you will automatically lose the match.

But hey! at least knowing that not all the top characters destroy her is something good... At least for me that's some kind of motivation to get everything better :)

Kisamealex3

Smash Journeyman
I do the same thing to the Sheik boards.

I go there and lurk all of their research and watch videos and practicepracticepractice. I just don't post because my Sheik isn't tourney ready and I probably would sound stupid lol.

Just to make discussion:

I don't think Zelda is good in singles at all. However, in doubles? Though this may seem cliche because of Riot's performance, Zelda is REALLY good in doubles. Her projectile is like no other in doubs and the amount of support she can give is redonkulous.

IMO Sheik = Built for singles
Zelda = Built for doubles

Anybody wanna discuss it? It being either Zelda's performance in doubles...

or anything.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Sheiks sucks if you're going to play sheik you might as well play Marth and you're going to play Marth you might as well play MK. There's no reason to play Sheik or Marth for that matter. Sheik sucks.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Why don't people just start going to tournaments?
Then wed have something to talk about.
Seems like half of the people here don't go to tournaments or even use Zelda seriously.
There are like 5 Zelda mains who go to tournaments.

Also are you guys going to start the tournament results thread over for 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom