• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This Board Died:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Why? Where did everyone go?

What can we do to pump some energy into this place?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
It's hard to have energy in the place when 90% of the board is constantly crying about Zelda is. Like who da **** wants any parts of that ****? It gets old fast real fast. It's also depressing seeing such negative comments on the reg.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I dunno. Ganon boards are like that and they have a ton of activity most of the time.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I don't think it has to do with negativity. I think it has to do with the fact that nobody plays Zelda.

Jiggs boards are in a similar situation (and have been for longer than us lol).

Noobicidal

Smash Master
What can we do to pump some energy into this place?
As a person who frequents/manages a dead board, you're going to be hard-pressed to get any sort of activity going on, aside from trolling and conversing in your social thread if you don't have any people to bounce ideas off of. You can always attempt to reattempt certain MU or stage discussions, but in my experience, they'll always die with two to three weeks.

If you EVER get any new players wanting to use Zelda, don't scare them off, no matter how "scrubbish" or "stupid" they sound. Direct them to the proper stickies, give them constructive criticism if they post ideas or videos, and treat them as a part of your pre-existing family. Trust me; elitism will kill a board. By no means am I accusing anyone of doing any of these actions since I hardly know any of you personally.

If you guys have found anything "noteworthy" dealing with Zelda and have posted it in your backroom, I'd personally suggest to post at least the general idea of whatever it may be on the board itself, if you already haven't. Being able to see a potentially amazing AT may also encourage people to mess around with Zelda, if only to learn how to perform said AT.

A community combo video could potentially spark a bit of interest in the Brawl community to pick up Zelda. Who doesn't love a good, flashy combo video?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
The board combo vid died. =/.

There's also plenty of people who lurk but don't post. I think there was a couple of arguments that people have been put off by.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
It's pretty much natural for Zelda boards to be dead. After all, we play an unpopular character that's universally considered one of the worst in the game. Due to this we have very few active posters and even fewer active tournament-goers. Zelda is also quite simple character to master tech-wise, so most of the strategic and technical discussion is rendered uninteresting or pointless by either the lack of Zelda's options, her limits excessive amounts of trolling/flaming, the amount of ignorance from partakers of the discussion or a combination of these. And to top it off, we're too lazy and unsocial to even keep our social threads alive.

Then again, this is how it has been ever since the original Zelda boom following Brawl's release faded away. However, despite the lack of activity I'd say the situation isn't as bad now as it has been sometimes before, since the pointless arguments and flamewars that used to plague this place have died down.

Edit:
The board combo vid died. =/.
If it makes anyone feel any better, I really hate myself because of this.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Negatiiiive. I'd much rather have a dead board than a trolling, flaming one.

But that's just me. I don't mind the quiet.... beats a bunch of dumb ****.
Different strokes for different folks I guess. Although I'd rather avoid those flame wars.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Pretty much what everyone else has said! I think discussion's just slowly becoming stagnant, that and christmas :chuckle:

I might have a surprise for new years =D I always welcome new ways and whatever to get activity up so if there's an idea for a thread/something then just feel free to do it.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@AL: Idk, I think you secretly enjoyed them! >=( Hehe.

I've been trying to find something useful to spark convo, but every technique I've found/looked into/asked Prime to research =X doesn't work well for Zelda lol. The Pit MU thread did all right but went a little off-track in the end..... if people wanna move on to a different character, I can always throw another up.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Whether people think Zelda is trash or a character or there are some that think they she has some hope. There was a lot of flaming/bashing on both sides. TBH it's pretty clear why the boards die. Both sides flamed neither sides felt apologetic about it, There's still flames to there too.

@Kaylo some of the arguments I did enjoy especially the ones in the social thread. However, it comes a point when you get tired of being attacked even when you try to do something good ya know ?

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I used to come to troll and that gave it some activity, then I got bored.
Also it bothers me that for her MU ratios everyone's opinion is taken and and rounded together when we have some people who give derpy ratios.
like 55-45 Pit :awesome:

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@Kaylo some of the arguments I did enjoy especially the ones in the social thread. However, it comes a point when you get tired of being attacked even when you try to do something good ya know ?
I feel you. I think we all misunderstood each other back then..... :urg:

Sorry guys if I killed the board.
Yes, it's all your fault. :mad:!

I think another reason it's quiet around here is that the few good players don't post much outside of tourney results, so the rest of us can only discuss so much. Not saying Bobby/Riot/etc. are obligated to teach the rest of us anything, but it's hard to get anywhere when the only really active people aren't even tourney-goers lol.

@Fuu: You made a good effort. =X

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Sorry guys if I killed the board.
LoL.

I feel you. I think we all misunderstood each other back then..... :urg:

Yes, it's all your fault. :mad:!

I think another reason it's quiet around here is that the few good players don't post much outside of tourney results, so the rest of us can only discuss so much. Not saying Bobby/Riot/etc. are obligated to teach the rest of us anything, but it's hard to get anywhere when the only really active people aren't even tourney-goers lol.

@Fuu: You made a good effort. =X
OR zelda mains *shrugs*

So from what I can tell the Zelda boards have been killed because of

It may have or not of been killed by Mars ^_^.

Lack of tourney players input
Too much flaming / trolling.
Not being able to generate a decent discussion.

IF those are some of the reason how do we go about changing this?

Noobicidal

Smash Master

If those are the actual reasons, then there's nothing you can do. You guys are in the same boat as we are.

It can't be helped.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
LoL.

OR zelda mains *shrugs*

So from what I can tell the Zelda boards have been killed because of

It may have or not of been killed by Mars ^_^.

Hey I gave my input on some things, but in the mean while you guys are all "let's interview some random Zelda who's never even been to a tournament."

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Hey I gave my input on some things, but in the mean while you guys are all "let's interview some random Zelda who's never even been to a tournament."
pretty sure any Zelda not named Riot DM and Scary are random whether they attend or not.

O_O

I could post more I suppose. I don't know what I should post about though, I put my results in the thread and stuffff...
What to talk about hmmmm.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I moved on to games which place a higher value on balance (read: have patches). I do still drop in though, because I actually like you guys. And I still play brawl, because it's fun.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I still can't play brawl. when i am able to play it again i'll try posting more often. (shouldn't be too long with Christmas coming in five days.)

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I moved on to games which place a higher value on balance (read: have patches). I do still drop in though, because I actually like you guys. And I still play brawl, because it's fun.
Which game might this be? There's not going to be any balance in a decent fighter.

Well I personally think we should interview this fella right here.
Let him give MU ratios and have an effect on what goes on the MU chart.
No reason to be a douche. Becuase you haven't been interviewed. LoL @ you being mad you aint get interviewed. YOu mad salty. LLLLLLLLoLLLLLL

Kisamealex3

Smash Journeyman
Yet I have been to a tourney and I have made money.

Now, its fine that you don't like me. It's also fine that you're salty because I shut you down for being a *******. However, you're no less "random" than I am.

You're the negative one that AlmostLegendary is talking about. You main Zelda yet, you whine and ***** about everything; constantly complaining about how hard matchups or anything are. You're from the midwest; you don't play abnormally perfect humans on a daily basis yet, when you make your matchup ratios...you have so much to say about how if your opponent is perfect, then Zelda will lose. Don't get mad at me because I disagree with how you think about matchups...especially when you're wrong.

Majority said "Hey, it's a 55-45 in Pits favor." ...and then you run give the Zelda boards the cold shoulder only to try to come back at the "random Zelda's" neck.

You're also the genius that said Ganon can camp Zelda. :awesome:

But, it's okay though. You can be mad. However, how about you just ask me questions instead of hating lol. No need to be all...5 year old about this...though it can go there if you want haha. You'll lose...again...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, as to the boards dying:

I don't think there is anything to talk about. I visit these boards every day, constantly watching videos of other Zeldas posted in the video thread and reading data on her but, other than that...I don't really see anything to discuss. We tried discussing Zelda vs. Pit but, Debbie Downer Fuujin over here wants to start PMSing all over the thread. :glare:

We should get something to discuss that isn't why the boards are dead.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Fujjin you are bad lol. I remember playing you on AIB and wrecking you with Mario. 3x is definitely not a random he placed second in doubles 2 weeks ago taking out teams of double MK's and doing work against me and Nairo. Go somewhere scrub please where are your results?

Edit: He said Ganon can camp Zelda!? bbl I just took a **** on myself.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Fuujin is just trolling you Kisamaleax...stop om nom noming on the bait.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
SSF4 seems pretty balanced. =X
It seems balanced but it's not. Not ever character can FADC > Ultra like Ryu. Then some do ridiclous amounts of damage E honda compared to a character like um bison it's pretty obnoxious. Speaking of Bison there's a couple of other things that some charge characters have like the ability to combo into ultra that he doesn't have. O h yeah good luck competing with Hakan. There's plenty more examples but I think you get the point. Also one character can stretch his arms across the screen it doesn't seem very balanced too me. Then there's also Dan. W/e SSFIV isn't close to balanced whoever told you that lied to you.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
You think Dhalism is good because he can stretch his arms across the screen? Isn't he like bottom of mid tier?? Lol.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@AL: I've watched tons of streams, and different characters place in tournaments pretty frequently. Mid-low tiers included. x.o

I've also seen their MU charts, and a majority of their ratios are like.... 6/4 at the worst.

Now maybe my sense of balance is a little off since I've only personally experienced Brawl competitively, but from watching the game and talking to people who've gotten into it.... yeah, it seems balanced enough to me. Of course there are still dumb strategies people can use, but nothing seems broken or unbeatable.

Whatevs, tho, I said "seems" since I don't play the game.... only goin based off what I've seen/heard.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Which game might this be? There's not going to be any balance in a decent fighter.
League of Legends.

It's a MOBA, or, more generally, it's an RTS.

Also, SSB:B is totally unbalanced with complete dispraportions in viability between the highest and lowest teirs.. It may never be perfectly balanced, but if the game patched online semi-regularly (even every couple months or so) then the giant discrepencies in balance would become smaller, and exploits would dissapear.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
You think Dhalism is good because he can stretch his arms across the screen? Isn't he like bottom of mid tier?? Lol.
Na I'm saying that how come his limbs stretches but no 1 else does ya know? My FP doesn't hit across the screen but it was just a joke. His limbs still stretch like 2/3 the stage.

@AL: I've watched tons of streams, and different characters place in tournaments pretty frequently. Mid-low tiers included. x.o

I've also seen their MU charts, and a majority of their ratios are like.... 6/4 at the worst.

Now maybe my sense of balance is a little off since I've only personally experienced Brawl competitively, but from watching the game and talking to people who've gotten into it.... yeah, it seems balanced enough to me. Of course there are still dumb strategies people can use, but nothing seems broken or unbeatable.

Whatevs, tho, I said "seems" since I don't play the game.... only goin based off what I've seen/heard.

The tier list in SF are based on MU's and MU's only and even then the top 4 characters are separated by like a point. If you want to use the tier list as a means for your basis then that's you. However, it's a pretty big difference from the things a character like Ryu can do Vs a charcter like Makoto. when it comes to Anti Air. Like the shoto's have 3 frame Anti with their DP everyone else has a 5 frame anti. Meaning it's ahrder to jump in on a shoto than it is anyone else. Then there's characters who BnB does 200 damage max like a Rose this is of course meter less compare to a character like E honda who's BnB puts out ridiculous amounts of damage. Then there's also the reversal options. I'm not sure how fair it is for a Sim to be in a corner against a Bison who's pressuring/chipping away at him with LK scissors kicks or Bison vs Guile which is skewed highly in Guile's favor basically unwinable for the Bison player.

As for a character winning a tourney yeah some mid tiers have won however, I wouldn't get my hopes set on this. Most of the time it's just the player being being than everyone else. I've seen JWong go random at a tourney. *shrugs*

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Actually Brawl is more balanced than people think. Especially when compared to something like Melee.

How is Brawl even unbalanced anyways?

@Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom