• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This better not happen.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
You know how we have so many noobs on the boards right now?

Think when 2009 comes around...

Then they will all be flaming internet trolls!!

Looks like i got only one more decent year w/ smashboards.

I can barely stand it now...and its not gonna get any better. :urg:

:mad:

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
well actually the longer you wait without a new game the n00bs will either leave or mature. thus the reason why years after melee's release was so much more calm back then.

XACE-K

Smash Master
How about we make a seperate forum for all the noobs. All of them could be moved there and do whatever they feel like while the un-noob infested smashboards will be happy.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Please explain how your idea is any different from the forums right now, and how they've been for the last five years, or how it's any different from any other forum?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I wish that Brawl sucked so all the noobs would just leave. I've been really frustrated when I try to access this site but to find out that it's too laggy because all the noobs are online!

OffTheChain

Smash Ace
Members are members, classifying them as 'noobs' is lame, no one should want a less active board, I appreciate the activity.

But thats just me.

Also Masa lol, you are from VirginaTech and your sig clearly shows a guy imitating hes pulling out a gun, wtf >__>;

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Like Ghostanime said, people will eventually mature and will start developing intelligent arguments/topics. While the others would eventually leave. Who knows.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
i just feel that there has been such a huge influx of new members due to brawl that the quality of the forums will never be what it used to be back in 2007 and earlier...a lot of the good posters have started to leave or have left already...

Chain - Yes, I go to Virginia tech but i live in nova...and imaginary gun ftw. It is quite an honor to get a sig compliment from you of all people.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
At least we won't be getting as much traffic since Brawl is already out. A lot of people are bored with it too.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
i just feel that there has been such a huge influx of new members due to brawl that the quality of the forums will never be what it used to be back in 2007 and earlier...a lot of the good posters have started to leave or have left already...
Give it a couple of months, the community will be more solid. (If Brawl gets competitive at all, that is).

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
SWF was around way before 06-07. I'm sure the forums were fun as hell back in '03 and the community frowned upon some of the changes that happened as time moved on and people (like you and me) joined. I wouldn't be surprised if some vets read your topic and found it ironic. =/

orintemple

Smash Lord
The "Brawl Rush of "08" as I like to call it is over. We are now just waiting for the crazy influx of newbies to get over the game and leave. After wards the people who really play Smash will be left. That will include some of the new members, but generally the good ones. We will always have our annoying, noobish members to deal with, but things will be fine in a few months.

dr.neo

Smash Champion
My favorite time was when it was Dibs, Uncle Meat, Zero Beat, later Uncle Kenny, and many of the broomers all in the pool room. That was when the funniest **** happened.

And Kaos too.

Mokai

Smash Apprentice

I don't mean to be disrespectful, though as a new(ish) member here I must admit that I find your statement incredibly rude. We're all newbies at one point or another. Taking a condecending stance to seperate yourself from newcomers not only alienates them, but also gives them the impression that such an attitude is acceptable. You are a senior member after all, and new members look to the attitudes of old ones to determine what is and isn't acceptable.

Instead of pushing away, try to embrase newcomers and teach them how to act by being a good example.

dr.neo

Smash Champion
What you are saying is true. The "newbs" he is talking about are the ones who come in and say something stupid, get banned, make another account, use some leet, and talk some trash. If you want to learn and be embraced or whatever, just chill. Eventually you'll be known well enough to know when you are making a joke or whatever.

Mokai

Smash Apprentice
What you are saying is true. The "newbs" he is talking about are the ones who come in and say something stupid, get banned, make another account, use some leet, and talk some trash.
Unfortunately, those kinds of members are an unavoidable fact of forum life. There'sa variety of different ways to deal with them but only a few methods are truely effective. As a rule of thumb, calling attention to trolls and showing them that they're having an effect on the forum only encourages the buggers to continue thier efforts.
If you want to learn and be embraced or whatever, just chill. Eventually you'll be known well enough to know when you are making a joke or whatever.
I'm chillin', I'm chillin'. Don't worry, I'm not upset or anything, I'm just having a friendly discussion. :p I apologize if my post came off otherwise, tone of voice is extremely difficult to convey through text alone. ^^;

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
I know that with the bad will come some good. But I remember the trolls before all of these new posters came and could barely stand them then. Now, instead of a handful of decent trolls on the boards, it will be hundreds of nooby ones. I read the boards for a long time before becoming a member (2004-2005) and things used to be a lot more...mellow.

I know that there will be good, intelligent, new posters, but i feel that the bad ones will outweigh the good ones by a lot. I also know that there is not much that can be done.

Its just annoying.

THERE IS AN IGNORE BUTTON!?!? EXPLAIN YOURSELF! I CANT FIND IT!

haha

notalltrollsarebad!

Smash Rookie
In a cave, its decorated very nice though. It has
I know that with the bad will come some good. But I remember the trolls before all of these new posters came and could barely stand them then. Now, instead of a handful of decent trolls on the boards, it will be hundreds of nooby ones. I read the boards for a long time before becoming a member (2004-2005) and things used to be a lot more...mellow.
Now hold up just a minute. What is all this mess about trolls? Do you think that every troll has a bad sense of humor? Is that it? These are false accusations! I might be just another troll but that doesn't mean I'm going to fill these boards with spam. I'm an American Troll just like every single other person on this site. Except for Mic. But thats all! If I hear one more negative thing about trolls I'm really going to become angry!

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
Brawl brought an influx of whiners, r-tards, and trolls, in that order. They'll be here for maybe 1-2 years (or longer if we keep feeding them with this Brawl/Melee comparison nonsense). I WANT THEM TO LEAVE, THE DEGENERATE BRAWL"FORUM" IS VERY LIKELY WHAT CRASHED THE SERVER A FEW HOURS AGO.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm sure the vets used to say stuff like that when people like you and me joined, I barely count as a 06er anyway.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
The way I've always seen it, it's best to be nice to the newbies because they're just the experienced members of the future. I'm new here, but I've got plenty of experience with this phenomenon from other boards.

The elitist way of thinking that says only old members are worth anything is counterproductive and limits the ability to meet new and decent people.

Steck

Smash Journeyman

1.Most of these people came because brawl is the game of the moment- they will move on to other games and stop posting.
2. little n00bs grow up to be trolls? "i used 2 ask stupid questions, but now I think I will, since i've been here a year, be superduper annoying just for the hell of it"?

Top Bottom