• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Third Party Characters, The Definitive Choices

Slime is the most likely Square Enix representative. You may not think so, but you're viewing it from a slanted perspective.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Rayman doesn't have a shot in hell of making it!

Megaman and Pacman on the other hand, do. They're just the right choices. Either way their will be alot of $ to go around if they both make it in, but even that is doubtful.

For as popular as Slime is supposed to be, I don't remember him being mentioned in Sakurai's blog even once.

Geno on the other hand was mentioned like five times.

I don't think Slime is the most likely S-E rep by any means.
A poll directed at Nintendo fans...

Am I supposed to be shocked that a Mario character is more popular among Nintendo fans than an Enix character?

courte

Smash Lord
bomberman and pacman got nothing, just as much as ray man

that's just my opinion flame it if you want

personally i see geno and Megaman duking it out, the rest making stage cameos if at all

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
bomberman and pacman got nothing, just as much as ray man

that's just my opinion flame it if you want

personally i see geno and Megaman duking it out, the rest making stage cameos if at all
What about the recent news that pretty much deconfirms Megaman?

Sora has a high chance too, contrary to popular belief.

And the others couldn't make stage cameos, its either they're in as a playable character or they're not in at all.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
noo! i think that he is awesome and has a chance.....okay, fine he has no chance....i guess i'll go with sora...

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
pacman is god to the video games, he is becoming less popular but still is the biggest video game character, the ONE who started it all. He then produced mario-christ who will die for our sins as obsessed gamers

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
I don't think there is a definitive choice, becuase we don't know if another 3rd party owner bragged Sakurai to instert their character in Brawl, out of those Bomberman seems like the good choice.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
Sora...but heres an analisis of all your choices

megaman-started on the NES...capcom and nintendo have good relations, possible move set

Bomberman-i no nothing about him except that he was in a recent game and he was all high tech, idk

rayman-isnt raving rabids enough for now

pac-man: moveset? didnt think there was one either

Sora- On a nintendo system(about to be three), musician for KH on the musicians page, SE and Nintendo have shakey relations

The Great Tama

Smash Journeyman
1.) Megaman, Rayman, Bomberman, then Pacman. That's my order. I just don't think Pacman would make an interesting enough character.

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
I think that The Prince (from Prince of Persia Series) would be a much better Ubisoft rep than Rayman would be. His games were some of the most successful and groundbreaking ones. I know he's more of a serious character, but so is Snake...plus his moves could incorporate the sands of time making him incredibly unique to the smash series!

Sailus

Smash Cadet
Kain, from Final Fantasy IV.

What makes him a definitive choice?

He can JUMP very high.

/endsarcasm

=)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I can make the MegaMan game list longer! :grin:

*Mega Man X - Super Nintendo
*Megaman X2 - Super Nintendo
*Megaman X3 - Super Nintendo
*Megaman Zero - Game Boy Advance
*Megaman Zero 2 - Game Boy Advance

Ya...you get the point. Also, I think it was proper NOT TO COVER SQUARE ENIX! Don't want a flame war-as they have no mascot, Geno is like 2 3/4th party, and so on. Great evaluationg-but Megaman steals the show. In fact, no one else really stands a chance except Geno. Final Fantasy has no star, Dragon Quest has no star, heck...even Kingdom Hearts is losing it's "star" in the next two games. Sora will only star 2 1/2 of the 5 games....1/2 starred by Riku, 1 starred by Roxas, and 1 starred by 3 new characters. Therefore-Geno is the most "logical" conclusion of a choice-but that's debateable.

@ EggBomb
But the Prince isn't as well-known. He's got popularity, has good games, and so on, but he's only a B-class known name. Rayman is A class, and his series is better known, more popular (especially with his two recent ggames being two of the only good party games EVER), and he is getting more momentum for him. However, nothing beats the blue bomber. "The fighting robot....MEGAMAN!" :lick:

As for no moveset for Pac-man....WHAT? ANYONE CAN HAVE A MOVESET! Fox, Falco, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Dr. Mario, the Pokémon Trainer, Pikmin and Captain Olimar, and so on have complicated movesets, or not much based off their games. So it isn't that crazy...but Pac-man is basically dead, and that's a fact.

Megaman still has fanbase, but he's dying, and so is Sonic. But their amazing fanbase size basically makes it to where they shall be forever popular-but if their series keep going downhill, they won't be as "big". However, the reason so many people want Sonic and Megaman in Brawl (this is just one reason, and I agree with this reason, and is part of why I wanted them) is that their recent games suck, or aren't that good. Brawl imortalizes them, and could possible be their last good game for a long while-or even forever. AAA-class fighters imobolized forever because of Brawl...that's pretty cool. Plus them fighting off in one game...hehe. Gets me excited. >_> Megaman vs. Sonic vs. Snake vs. Mario = PWNAGE! :)

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
You know... There's a new "Tails of Symphonia" game being released for the Wii. Tie in the fact that Lloyd Irving from ToS was included in the Wii's recent release, "Soul Calibur Legends" and suddenly he doesn't seem so far out there.

However, even though Lloyd will be featured in the new ToS release he won't be the main character. Perhaps an attempt to push the new game by including the main character?

Also note that the ToS OVA (anime) is being released in Japan and is slated for distribution in the U.S. very soon. Namco is pushing Lloyd and ToS as much as they can right now and Namco's relationship with Nintendo has been very strong recently.

Finally Namco has even hinted towards the multi-console release of Soul Calibur 2 that they were excited to have Link. I honestly think that if Namco gets this final slot it will be a Tales or SC character as appose to Geno or Pac-Man.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
I don't have an argument against Pacman, except that nobody really wants him in. And popularity is a big part of it.

Top Bottom