• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Third Party Characters, The Definitive Choices

Hitzel

Smash Ace

(Spyro had GBA games, FYI)

I love Spyro and I think he's very appropriate for Smash. Most of his moves would translate very nicely into Brawl. A lot more people know of Spyro than you'd think. I personally feel he'd be an awesome 3rd party character..

D

Deleted member

I can see namco getting a rep. I don't see why not. namco and Nintendo are really close. They're basically like brothers. namco has an upcoming game for the Wii and namco featured Link in a Soul Calibur game. Now, I am not saying Soul Calibur should get a rep, I am saying namco should which could be a SC rep but out of everyone, it's gonna be Pac-man. He's on my top ten hopefuls list.

Megaman and Bomberman are also on my top ten, Bomberman on my top 5. =P

Machspeed

Smash Lord

Crono
Origin: Chrono Trigger - Super Nintendo

A Square-Enix character who first set foot on a Nintendo console, this guy is very recognizable to any who owned a SNES. He was part of a pretty popular series, which had a sequel on the Playstation. Chrono would make a great addition to the game, representing old school Square-Enix, and having various nostalgic effects on the players. He is the fighting type, and he pretty much would be a great addition to the roster. Chrono utilizes swords to fight his enemies. Chrono Trigger was an extremely popular RPG of it's time - still favorited by some gamers today. He has much potential for a moveset through his electric elemented attacks, as well as blade dances and moves. He possesses magic and swordplay at his disposal.

*sigh* Wish Square-Enix could give permission, to both him and Geno for Brawl.

On a side note, I'm just listing Chrono because he's pretty cool, not too sure where his chances stand but oh well. If it truly came down to Square-Enix representation, I see Geno, or a FF character, of course.

My most wanted third parties go Geno, Megaman, then Chrono (if Geno is not included).

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I can see namco getting a rep. I don't see why not. namco and Nintendo are really close. They're basically like brothers. namco has an upcoming game for the Wii and namco featured Link in a Soul Calibur game. Now, I am not saying Soul Calibur should get a rep, I am saying namco should which could be a SC rep but out of everyone, it's gonna be Pac-man. He's on my top ten hopefuls list.

Megaman and Bomberman are also on my top ten, Bomberman on my top 5. =P
In my opinion though, Pac-Man would benefit anyone. Sure he's popular, but an SC or ToS character would not only flow better, but be more popular once the game hit the shelves.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
I thought Geno was 3rd party. According to the op in the Geno thread, he is owned by Square Enix, but since McFox hasn't edited it yet, that could of changed. (Not trying to start a flame war, i'm just pointing out something.)

If Geno were 1st party howerver,

1)Megaman
2)Pacma
3)Bomberman
4)someone man

vesperview

Smash Hero
In my opinion though, Pac-Man would benefit anyone. Sure he's popular, but an SC or ToS character would not only flow better, but be more popular once the game hit the shelves.
So, by your logic Megaman shouldn't be considered either because his games have lost popularity. Pacman is Namco's mascot, he is the only Namco character with a shot.

Top Bottom