• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Third Party Character: Black Mage for Brawl!!!!

Lutz

Smash Cadet
As far as we know the only involvment Square Enix has on SSBB is a conducter that works on Final Fantasy's music is working on music for SSBB, that being said is it possible Square Enix is planning to have a bigger role in the game then just music? is it possible they plan to add a third party character of there own in the roster? the Final Fantasy Seris started on NES and gave birth to one of the most popular video games of all time, not only that but only of the most favorite characters in the FF seris......the Black Mage!

IT ALL STARTED WITH NINTENDO!

not only the first Final Fantasy but even later FF games on NES and SNES had the Black Mage in the games.

Black Mage still today is well liked and plays huge roles in other FF games such as Final Fantasy 9 and Final Fantasy 11 online.

Another random fact is Nintendo came out with a Mario Basketball game for the DS called Mario Hoops 3 on 3, in this game there are several Mario characters to play as but the strange thing is there is also hidden Final Fantasy characters in it from the NES game, inclueding Black Mage

So how about it Black Mage for SSBB!?
Possible....
The Black Mage from the FF games is a being of great magic powers often being able to control Fire, Ice, Thunder, Water, Poison, and Wind

Move sets

A: Staff Bash- Smacks enemy with his staff.

A repeated: Staff Storm- multi hits with staff with a mix of thunder magic.

<A>: Lighting-smacks enemy with a smash move by useing the power of lighting.

UpA: Aero: Smacks enemy with staff followed with a quick burst of wind blowing the enemy upward for a smash attack.

DownA: Bio- Smack the enemy with staff downward nailing them to the ground followed witha quick cast of Bio poison magic.

B: Fira- shoots out a small ball of fire while holding down the b button you will be able to control the small ball of fire(Similar to Ness' pch-thunder) but as you control the small ball of fire it will quickly grow in mass till you hit an enemy with it and it explodes or it explodes on its on, Note~ the longer you can hold down B and control it till it makes a direct hit on the enemy the more effective the attack will be.

<B>: Ice Lance- Shoots out a lance made oc ice and does mid damage but also has a chance to freeze its enemy in a block of ice.

UpB: Twister- The black Mage spins uppward into a tornado wind attack anthing caught in its path while launching up with hit with massive damge and pushed away.

DownB: Earthquake- the ground surrounding the Black Mage shakes hurting any enemy with in its range(pretty much the same move as DK when he smashes the ground)

Grab moves
once the black Mage grabs his enemy he repeately bashes him with his staff.

Throw move
which ever way you throw your enemy the black mage with toss the not to far but will cast fire on their body before the toss happens.

The Black Mage will have high jumps but he very light to stay true to his cloth wearing armor with low defense, but attack power will be great. 3 jumps the third jump being the Twister move

SO! what do you all think!? Black Mage for Brawl!?

Lutz

Smash Cadet
On Final Fantasy 9 they made a black mage character named Vivi yes, but in the Nintendo games the black mage was simply black mage

Lutz

Smash Cadet
yeah I forgot that oops.....
but do ya all think he has a chance or just a good idea?
I know the third party character list is limited but I really think Black Mage has a shot

Mrpibb

Smash Rookie
yeah I forgot that oops.....
but do ya all think he has a chance or just a good idea?
I know the third party character list is limited but I really think Black Mage has a shot
it s a good idea but not too likely 60%

Lutz

Smash Cadet
Well don't you think its fishy people that do music for Square Enix games are doing music for this SSBB game, it could be possible that Square Enix is helping out and plan to add one of their old school FF characters in the third party spot.....eh eh.....

Kiris

Smash Cadet
Nobuo isn't with Square Enix. He's his own man and getting him to make music is as simple as asking him (And hoping he says yes). If there's going to be ANY Square character in Brawl, it'll be the so very popular Geno.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
1) I'm pretty sure that there's been a black mage thread. I could be wrong, though.

2) If Square gets any characters, Geno would probably be first in line. He's the most requested, and he's part of a Nintendo franchise. There's some synergy there.

3) As this seems to be a common misunderstanding, I'd like to clear this up: Uematsu is not doing the music for Brawl. He composed the main theme, yes, but that's as far as his collaboration goes so far. He stated in an interview that Sakurai only approached him about doing the theme, not the whole game. He also said that if Sakurai asked again, he would like to work with him again, but officially there have been no plans made.

Just wanted to say that. BM's cool, but not extremely likely.

Aesir

Smash Master
I'm gonna laugh when Square decideds to not put Geno in and someother square icon. Then I'm gonna make a topic said "I told you so" then laugh again. <_<

<3 BM

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
You know, Square doesn't really have that much control. If Nintendo doesn't want the character they're offering, they have every right in the world to say no. Square doesn't really get the final say. I'm not saying they wouldn't say "Nah... not Geno. How about..." I'm just saying Nintendo is allowed to disagree.

Lutz

Smash Cadet
1) I'm pretty sure that there's been a black mage thread. I could be wrong, though.

2) If Square gets any characters, Geno would probably be first in line. He's the most requested, and he's part of a Nintendo franchise. There's some synergy there.

3) As this seems to be a common misunderstanding, I'd like to clear this up: Uematsu is not doing the music for Brawl. He composed the main theme, yes, but that's as far as his collaboration goes so far. He stated in an interview that Sakurai only approached him about doing the theme, not the whole game. He also said that if Sakurai asked again, he would like to work with him again, but officially there have been no plans made.

Just wanted to say that. BM's cool, but not extremely likely.
In some ways I agree with you, if Geno would be considered a third party character then me may make it in before BM, BUT Geno was already in a mario game, he is part of the mario world if square owns him or not he is a mario character still, so i would think if Geno is going to be in the game yes Square would have to allow it but i would think he would be part of them normal nintendo roster and not a third party spot, making from for th famous BM :)
I know other characters are at a higher request like megaman, Sonic, and bomberman, ect put when I think of third party characters i am thinking that they want to pick the ones fans want but staying true to how classic the character has been on nintendo, like I think Megaman has always been a classic character, just like BM

P.S. Oh and I looked before I made this tread, i saw no sign of a black mage of brawl tread :)

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
No just no, if Square was putting ff chars, the two most known would replace roy and marth which would be Cloud and Sephiroth which is also highly unlikely.

P.S. Captain Olimar from Pikmin for brawl!

Lutz

Smash Cadet
No just no, if Square was putting ff chars, the two most known would replace roy and marth which would be Cloud and Sephiroth which is also highly unlikely.

P.S. Captain Olimar from Pikmin for brawl!
hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
WOW, Black Mage would have a 100% better chance at making it into SSBB then Cloud and Sephiroth you NooB!!!!! first off they had to be in a nintendo game to be able to make the third party roster list and 2nd they had to be the lead role, the only time cloud was ever in a nintendo game was KH: CoM and he was a cameo so yeah good one, Black Mage has been in a few more FF games on Nintendo then your fanboy Cloud ad Sephiroth! don't get me wrong they are awesome characters but they do not fit in Brawl and will not make it in brawl and I just want to shoot who ever thinks they will be in it because they are stupid NooBs

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Black mage would make a pretty nice Brawl character. They need some pure spellcasters on the roster. But I'm a personal fan of Angela from Seiken Densetsu 3 (SNES-Not brought to America) I'm a huge fan of that game, and I would love to see someone from it in Brawl.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Both Square AND Nintendo can shoot each other down when it comes to deciding what Square character (if any) will get into Brawl. It's not like a company as popular as Square NEEDS a character in Brawl, nor is it like a game as popular as Smash Bros NEEDS a Square character in Brawl, so both are quite able to refuse whatever choice the other company has, should they disagree.

Of course, if that happens, the end result would likely be that NO Square character will get into Brawl. But again, neither Nintendo nor Square are forced to include a character in Brawl because both are popular enough without such an inclusion, so I doubt either would shed that many tears over such a result.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
WOW, Black Mage would have a 100% better chance at making it into SSBB then Cloud and Sephiroth you NooB!!!!! first off they had to be in a nintendo game to be able to make the third party roster list and 2nd they had to be the lead role, the only time cloud was ever in a nintendo game was KH: CoM and he was a cameo so yeah good one, Black Mage has been in a few more FF games on Nintendo then your fanboy Cloud ad Sephiroth! don't get me wrong they are awesome characters but they do not fit in Brawl and will not make it in brawl and I just want to shoot who ever thinks they will be in it because they are stupid NooBs
First off you child, I would not want no square char appearin in brawl period!! Second!!!! who would like to comment on captain olimar in brawl.

Lutz

Smash Cadet
First off you child, I would not want no square char appearin in brawl period!! Second!!!! who would like to comment on captain olimar in brawl.
First off do not call someone a child over the internet you douche bag
second!!!!! no find a captain olimar thread you noob

eXspriggan

Smash Apprentice
im not saying i want a final fantasy character in brawl, and im not really for square-enix in joining the whole super smash, but black mage looks like a fun character =P

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
Hahahahahahahlololololmao! I have too much pride to be insulted by you, but seriously back to the topic. You all see Black Mage as a 3rd party char, can someone tell who is a 2nd party char?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I feel that black mage would have a much higher chance of getting into brawl than FF7 characters. While that one kingdom hearts game did come out on a nintendo system, Cloud and Sephiroth were not the protagonists. Black mages have appeared in various nintendo systems- most importantly, the original NES (alongside his friend Solid Snake). I think black mage would fit into the retro look Hideo seems to like much better than the gritty cloud character and the anime-esque sephiroth. Also... I think a moveset for black mage would be a lot more interesting than two sword users.
And... I mean, Sephiroth? His range is hardly feasible in a game like SSB. Y'know, same for Cloud even, assuming he uses his buster sword. So... just no on Cloud or Sephiroth.
So in short- yay black mage, and are you kidding Cloud/Sephiroth?

Lutz

Smash Cadet
I feel that black mage would have a much higher chance of getting into brawl than FF7 characters. While that one kingdom hearts game did come out on a nintendo system, Cloud and Sephiroth were not the protagonists. Black mages have appeared in various nintendo systems- most importantly, the original NES (alongside his friend Solid Snake). I think black mage would fit into the retro look Hideo seems to like much better than the gritty cloud character and the anime-esque sephiroth. Also... I think a moveset for black mage would be a lot more interesting than two sword users.
And... I mean, Sephiroth? His range is hardly feasible in a game like SSB. Y'know, same for Cloud even, assuming he uses his buster sword. So... just no on Cloud or Sephiroth.
So in short- yay black mage, and are you kidding Cloud/Sephiroth?
100% agree with you!!! :)

Anil8tion

Smash Rookie
Black Mage would be pretty cool as he's the most iconic of the original Final Fantasy characters. (Although Red Mage is pretty pimp)

Also, I was under the knowledge that Nintendo owns the characters from Super Mario RPG, i swear I read it in an e-mail reply, does anyone know for sure?

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
As of Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga, Geno is still owned by Square. It's in the credits to the game (the credits don't even say or remotely hint he's jointly owned. Just Square owned).

Some people speculate that Nintendo might have purchased Geno since then, but there is absolutely NO proof whatsoever to back that up, and that is 100% speculation/wishful thinking.

Lutz

Smash Cadet
As of Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga, Geno is still owned by Square. It's in the credits to the game (the credits don't even say or remotely hint he's jointly owned. Just Square owned).

Some people speculate that Nintendo might have purchased Geno since then, but there is absolutely NO proof whatsoever to back that up, and that is 100% speculation/wishful thinking.
the fan base for Geno is to high, Geno will make it in to brawl most likely but i can see him taking up a third party spot, that is why if square gets a third character pick Black Mage should be the one! with Geno as part of the normal roster :)
or its just my fan boy self speaking

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
Hahahahahahahlololololmao! I have too much pride to be insulted by you, but seriously back to the topic. You all see Black Mage as a 3rd party char, can someone tell who is a 2nd party char?
i'd like to point out that having vast amounts of pride is what leads people to be insulted in an easier fashion o.o

on topic:

unlikely, at best.

but black mage would be freakin' awesome XD

-x-

elbryan

Smash Cadet
Man i have to agree Black Mage is generic throught FF and its a change using a magic user instead of another guy slashing his way to victory. So since Geno is a 3rd party character as well (never playerd SMRPG) Letting both Geno and Black Mage would be cool. Sadly...since there will only be 3-4 3rd party and they will be Snake, Sonic, and atleast probably Megaman or some other popular 3rd party character, it's unlikely they will use 2 square-enix ones.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Man i have to agree Black Mage is generic throught FF and its a change using a magic user instead of another guy slashing his way to victory. So since Geno is a 3rd party character as well (never playerd SMRPG) Letting both Geno and Black Mage would be cool. Sadly...since there will only be 3-4 3rd party and they will be Snake, Sonic, and atleast probably Megaman or some other popular 3rd party character, it's unlikely they will use 2 square-enix ones.
Actually, it's ony 2-3 3rd party character.

Top Bottom