• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Thinner character, bigger appeal!" Paper Mario for SSB4; Thread migration soon!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm so conflicted. On one hand, Paper Mario is awesome. But on the other hand, there's already too many Mario characters.
I donj't think you read, the OP, but let me make a good TL;DR (even though, I honestly don;t think it's THAT long....before, it was atrocious).

Basically, if you check ssb4 repping and the current thing goping on for DLC, we can both agree that the game tries to get broader in the repping right?

Well, that means that there might not be too much mario characters now, in fact, if there was one place that would be worth it, it would be him. He would fuffill something smash doesn;t now and it's representating the paper subset of ther mario series. This subset is important because we already got the proof with the stage, music and even nintendo acting like we are already familiar with the series and even fan requests (all in the OP if you want to check).

So, if you want that awesomeness is not simpyl him, it's a whole subseries that you add which actually, it IMPROVES the repping because yes, it's broader, but more diverse.

If you think he's awesome, you mgiht also think his series is too...so, you might want to reconsider because I think he's more an adition then redundancy.

That sums up the counterarguments in the OP pretty well so, hope it helped you decide :)

On a side note, I MADE THE TUMBLR!!!!

http://aldelaro5.tumblr.com/

It's very fresh, I jsut made one photo post....waiting for something to happen :)

If it happens to work, I will post more stuff to it, I might even post contents already in this thread, but rest assured, credits will be gave to those they are due :)

Also, sharing it can help :)

Okay, so I've been away for a long while but just like Paper Mario's chances of being in Smash 4...

We're back, baby!

I already put my vote in for Paper Mario. Let me climb aboard the Excess Express here.
Now it's real btw. This thread has never been that much active since that stage announcement and I even have to frequently bump it with how much there's so much activity in general :)

Bu8t you guys post so much often that it's nto even a problem :)

Also, relevant:

I just love so much this music.....I keep the screen on the ch6 and I just don't want to press A :)

Haha, that's awesome! I appreciate history even more than I already have.

Most certainly! I'll probably make a detailed video or something. I want to make sure I'm careful so it doesn't seem like I'm spamming them with "VOTE FOR HIM PLZ". :chuckle:
@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 Good work! That addresses the arguments much better. :)
I would like to see that video once :)

And yeah, MUCH FREAKING BETTER! All this thanks to @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon because if he didn't told me some stuff, you would never see much improvement. btw, I should talk to him more, I like this guy :)

So, I'm hoping for having stuff in tumbluriness :)

EDIT: 50 PAGES HYPE!!!!

:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

Last edited:

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
Haha, that's awesome! I appreciate history even more than I already have.

Most certainly! I'll probably make a detailed video or something. I want to make sure I'm careful so it doesn't seem like I'm spamming them with "VOTE FOR HIM PLZ". :chuckle:
@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 Good work! That addresses the arguments much better. :)
Make it the best you can. I would definitely subscribe to you if I saw that video on your channel. :p
I donj't think you read, the OP, but let me make a good TL;DR (even though, I honestly don;t think it's THAT long....before, it was atrocious).

Basically, if you check ssb4 repping and the current thing goping on for DLC, we can both agree that the game tries to get broader in the repping right?

Well, that means that there might not be too much mario characters now, in fact, if there was one place that would be worth it, it would be him. He would fuffill something smash doesn;t now and it's representating the paper subset of ther mario series. This subset is important because we already got the proof with the stage, music and even nintendo acting like we are already familiar with the series and even fan requests (all in the OP if you want to check).

So, if you want that awesomeness is not simpyl him, it's a whole subseries that you add which actually, it IMPROVES the repping because yes, it's broader, but more diverse.

If you think he's awesome, you mgiht also think his series is too...so, you might want to reconsider because I think he's more an adition then redundancy.

That sums up the counterarguments in the OP pretty well so, hope it helped you decide :)

It's very fresh, I jsut made one photo post....waiting for something to happen :)

If it happens to work, I will post more stuff to it, I might even post contents already in this thread, but rest assured, credits will be gave to those they are due :)

Now it's real btw. This thread has never been that much active since that stage announcement and I even have to frequently bump it with how much there's so much activity in general :)

Bu8t you guys post so much often that it's nto even a problem :)

Also, relevant:

I just love so much this music.....I keep the screen on the ch6 and I just don't want to press A :)

And yeah, MUCH FREAKING BETTER! All this thanks to @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon because if he didn't told me some stuff, you would never see much improvement. btw, I should talk to him more, I like this guy :)

So, I'm hoping for having stuff in tumbluriness :)

EDIT: 50 PAGES HYPE!!!!

:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:
The page looks pretty swaggin', I must admit. Once you get the bulk of it on there and whatnot I think it could really start to catch on. Kinda wish I had a Tumblr, but whatevs. I'll definitely check the page again when it's more complete.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Speaking of Paper Mario hype... Can you believe that this was Fan-made?

I am thinking of streaming this...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

I'm....at a loss of words....

It's so majestic.....

dude, this needs to be shared everywhwere, anyone needs to know this....

I can't believe how freaking gorgeous it is....

if you'll excuse me, my eyes is about to shed a tear of toomuch gorgeousnessforme :)

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I'm....at a loss of words....

It's so majestic.....

dude, this needs to be shared everywhwere, anyone needs to know this....

I can't believe how freaking gorgeous it is....

if you'll excuse me, my eyes is about to shed a tear of toomuch gorgeousnessforme :)
You wanna know the best part? It's only Version 1.2, so there is still room for any improvements he may need. I kinda wished that they would put in Bowser's flailing arms like he does in the Paper Mario series when he falls. It would be the biggest shout-out to Lucahjin. xD Even still, this is a pretty good project.

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
Make it the best you can. I would definitely subscribe to you if I saw that video on your channel. :p
All the more motivation to do it! I'd hope it wouldn't take too long.

Wow! That looks awesome! I must play that. I'd totally watch that stream, too!

Neat! I'll add it to those directories. ^^

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Someone, please let me know when Paper Mario 64 is on the VC.
I will probably get Super Mario 64 there as well.

Honestly I think I will end up buying the entire N64 archive; that baby was my second gaming console ever, and the first to get real backing (my first, the thing that brought me into gaming, was the Virtual Boy. Nothing will ever be better).

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
My avatar is my reaction to Paper Mario 3D Land.

But what I really want is one that goes back to the roots. I'm talking turn-based battles, humor, and partners.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Paper Mario 64 was certainly a great game to play. The only real flaw it had was Bowser being the final boss. It could've at least been something more fearsome, like a very giant Shadow Bowser. Now I'm going to attempt to beat Paper. Mario TTYD for the umpteenth time now.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Paper Mario 64 was certainly a great game to play. The only real flaw it had was Bowser being the final boss. It could've at least been something more fearsome, like a very giant Shadow Bowser. Now I'm going to attempt to beat Paper. Mario TTYD for the umpteenth time now.
yeah, pm64 is what I would call a very awesome game and a masterpiece.....on the n64.

Because pm64 suffers from 2 main thing: n64 and the first entry in a series inherited from smrpg. it just has all the foundations, but aren't the most polished ever and they couldn't do it much because the n64 was simply too limited to do it. Stuff like the battle, they are colorful, they make you happy, but they just are too rudimentary. In TTYD, I would feel tempted to do every action commands even if I know it's unecessary (btw, admit that you do every stylish even with your sp full!). Pm64 is more like it doesnt make me happy enough to do it and when you're at like ch2 in the desert.....you start to feel a bit of repetition something I absolutely hate in every rpg, but because it still bring me joy, it's not like pokemon when i can really....REALLY get mad....if I don't have repels....

But stuff like the plot and the design, these are still universal and the n64 won't chnage this except the less details in folding animations, but really, for the n64, it just is a masterpiece and most of the elements from that game are still among the best elements in the series.

not to mention it got a huge nostalgia factor that I unfortunately didn't lived because (prepare for the msot ironic thing you ever read), I actually didn't like thegame as a kid since I simply didn't get it.

All the more motivation to do it! I'd hope it wouldn't take too long.

Wow! That looks awesome! I must play that. I'd totally watch that stream, too!

Neat! I'll add it to those directories. ^^
no such file name or directory

What is that directory?

Also, it does starts to get some reblogs and likes.....we'll see how it will grow, I have so much to put in there :)

You wanna know the best part? It's only Version 1.2, so there is still room for any improvements he may need. I kinda wished that they would put in Bowser's flailing arms like he does in the Paper Mario series when he falls. It would be the biggest shout-out to Lucahjin. xD Even still, this is a pretty good project.
it's like me, I'm perfectionist for these kind of things :)

love to see that :)

Someone, please let me know when Paper Mario 64 is on the VC.
I will probably get Super Mario 64 there as well.

Honestly I think I will end up buying the entire N64 archive; that baby was my second gaming console ever, and the first to get real backing (my first, the thing that brought me into gaming, was the Virtual Boy. Nothing will ever be better).
don't worry, I probably will buy it day one :)

I might actually pm you for this because you asked, but if you want my opinion, except some weeks. if they announced it that early, it usually mean very soon for VC games.

My avatar is my reaction to Paper Mario 3D Land.

But what I really want is one that goes back to the roots. I'm talking turn-based battles, humor, and partners.
We all want this...trust me we do. I would even include spm, but back to root from first 2 is by far what we all want. I do think that the more the time passes.....the more likely this would hapen and it better happen soon because it will mean skyrocket in support. Some people actually has a big issue with SS being the latest game for smash. I don't think it matters much, but it's fact that people are indeed worried about it to vote for him.

But we can hope to the star heaven :)

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I just noticed Paper Mario releases on the virtual console on my birthday... maybe that's a sign I should vote for him in the fighter ballot?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I just noticed Paper Mario releases on the virtual console on my birthday... maybe that's a sign I should vote for him in the fighter ballot?
I just realised that you're absolutely right on the date.....

@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon , you got your answer, April 30th.

I can't update the tittle because characters limit, but I may just leave a notice in the OP.

Also, the Tumblr thing is goring slowly, but surely. I realised it might actually be advantageous for me as it's quick to do a post between my breaks in classes (they resume tomorrow and the next 2 weeks will be harder, but don't worry, I survived to worse....).

My goal is to get as much followers as possible and the more I get, the more attention Paper Mario will have on Tumblr. I got from a daisy supporter that she actually trended at one point :) So far, it honestly doesn't seem too annoying to deal with Tumblr, I might do a content post today jsut to see what it would do :)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
April 30th...That's so far away when I wanted the answer to be "when I turn on my Wii U"

Though I realized that was not the case when I checked the Eshop a few hours ago.
Though, Super Mario 64 was available.
And it was purchased.

Snipe

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. Vote for Paper Mario at this new Smash survey at Reddit concerning the outcome of the Smash Ballot!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1lDL4AlHjetpp9WYTAb7KXwdtTdjv0zJai2o5GLYTy00/viewform

EDIT: Well, looks like some bots have inflated the votes of KKR, Daisy, and Paper Mario (as much as I like him, he shouldn't have that many votes. I refreshed the page and he went from 340 to 1000). Yea, looks like the survey poll is dead.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Hey guys. Vote for Paper Mario at this new Smash survey at Reddit concerning the outcome of the Smash Ballot!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1lDL4AlHjetpp9WYTAb7KXwdtTdjv0zJai2o5GLYTy00/viewform

EDIT: Well, looks like some bots have inflated the votes of KKR, Daisy, and Paper Mario (as much as I like him, he shouldn't have that many votes. I refreshed the page and he went from 340 to 1000). Yea, looks like the survey poll is dead.
oh, that's why.....I only voted once and I can attest to what you said, but when I saw the same poll with daisy at first I thought.....yep, impossible.

Anyway, please, refer to the actuall poll in the OP for @PushDustIn , I think he might actually get even more updated results on JP, but don't expect a big chnages, so far, most of the polls are very consistent. He's always top 15 and is leanign towards top 10.

But top 5 is not happening. I can help, but not enough for these pols to chnage, lol.

Btw, speaking of helping, the Tumblr is surprinsingly going very good. I made a post about the theater stage anf it got reblogued like 25 times and go0t in total 63 ntoes so, it spread a bit :)

I also made a post telling that gombella should serve as tattle, that one is currently getting a lot of reblogs. I'm planning to post thoreau as throw and I can't wait for the reaction :)

I have 22 followers as of now, and I try to follow a bunch of people to get follows so my dashboard is a mess but I will fix it if I get a lot of followers :)

So far, I think just with this OP, I would be very good for at least some weeks. The thing is, there is a point when I could run out of contents so, if you could please share interesting ideas that you think haven't been said, this is the time to do so :)

For example, @SuperLittleTY , I plan to post your vid at one point with links and credits to your channel. I think it would just hype people and you could get subs potentially :)

Let's start by one thing that hasn't been talked THAT much, do you think Paper Mario can make use of its items and if yes, which one?

As everytime I post....

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
Alright, it's about time for some repliez. :p

That does look pretty cool. From what I saw from the video, it looks to have pretty tight controls. Correct me if I'm wrong. :p If it's easy to access, I might have to try it out sometime.

As much as I love Lucah's videos, I have to correct you on this one. She actually got the Bowser's arms joke from Chuggaaconroy's LP of SPM, and I gotta say that his reactions were pretty grand. :laugh: Two of my favorite LPer's right there.

To be fair though, the way they displayed Bowser in Paper Mario 64 was a lot more epic than any of the previous installments. A lot more difficult too, for the most part.

lol Daisy in first. My guess is that K. Rool and Paper Mario have SO many fans that people made bots to vote for them, and there was that one guy that really liked Daisy for some reason and voted for her NOT by making bots, but by voting on many different computers with different IP's until she got into first. :troll:

oh, that's why.....I only voted once and I can attest to what you said, but when I saw the same poll with daisy at first I thought.....yep, impossible.

Anyway, please, refer to the actuall poll in the OP for @PushDustIn , I think he might actually get even more updated results on JP, but don't expect a big chnages, so far, most of the polls are very consistent. He's always top 15 and is leanign towards top 10.

But top 5 is not happening. I can help, but not enough for these pols to chnage, lol.

Btw, speaking of helping, the Tumblr is surprinsingly going very good. I made a post about the theater stage anf it got reblogued like 25 times and go0t in total 63 ntoes so, it spread a bit :)

I also made a post telling that gombella should serve as tattle, that one is currently getting a lot of reblogs. I'm planning to post thoreau as throw and I can't wait for the reaction :)

I have 22 followers as of now, and I try to follow a bunch of people to get follows so my dashboard is a mess but I will fix it if I get a lot of followers :)

So far, I think just with this OP, I would be very good for at least some weeks. The thing is, there is a point when I could run out of contents so, if you could please share interesting ideas that you think haven't been said, this is the time to do so :)

For example, @SuperLittleTY , I plan to post your vid at one point with links and credits to your channel. I think it would just hype people and you could get subs potentially :)

Let's start by one thing that hasn't been talked THAT much, do you think Paper Mario can make use of its items and if yes, which one?

As everytime I post....

Well, as I've already demonstrated in my moveset idea, Honey Syrup actually has tons of potential buddied up with the FP gimmick. With moves that cost FP and a move that can re-heal it, it (along with Maple and Gradual customs) can make him super unique. If I had to think of any other items, perhaps he could use a mushroom to heal himself that re-stocks itself over time, a courage shell could up his defense similar to the Shield Monado art from Shulk (though it'd have to be more powerful considering it's only one stat boost choice), and perhaps a Shooting Star as a projectile that comes in from overhead, similar to Pikachu's Thunder but in more of an arc. Those are a few ideas off the top of my head, if anyone else can think of something cool to add then feel free. :)

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm not sure if anyone here watches Versus, but one of the two most prominent players on the Versus channel, (Tyler to be specific) has stated that he would like to see Paper Mario as DLC. Not including the video in this post because he's pretty garbage tongued.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm not sure if anyone here watches Versus, but one of the two most prominent players on the Versus channel, (Tyler to be specific) has stated that he would like to see Paper Mario as DLC. Not including the video in this post because he's pretty garbage tongued.
Can I at least get a link to share my blog?

Jusat saying....

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Sure.

http://youtu.be/wbVL_OB0m-8

Tyler talks about a lot of stuff that's against SWF terms of use, so I would reccomend caution.
Well, I just shared it....

I mean, he would just read his comments and get the link. I mean, it's not like I'm going to get bashed at it :)

Though, I actually should watch the video now, but thanks anyway :)

73V3N

Smash Rookie
Okay so if Paper Mario happens, it will be amazing. He's one of my favorite characters ever and offers a very different playstyle than any other character in SSB at the moment. If there's a support list, put me on it.

Snipe

Smash Cadet

As everytime I post....

I wouldn't say he's too far off from top 5. Last time I checked before the poll got inflated, he was #7, so he's slowly getting there :b:. Anyway, other ideas you should add is Barry replacing the shield of Paper Mario for one second (any longer would be too cheap). Also, his neutral special (which has the ability of a goomba, koopa, or bob-omb partner) could be switched off quickly IN order with the press of a taunt button, which would be his thinking state, followed with a quick animation of two partners switching places (got that awesome idea from someone on this thread a LONG time ago as he/she mention Samus's Project M taunt). This would leave space for his up-b (spring jump/plane/parakarry), side-b (fire drive/???), and down-b (command guard/ultra hammer/???), making the partner system work without wasting a special slot JUST to switch partner abilities. The rest of Paper Mario's attacks, items, partners and badges can be represented through normal, smash, aerial, and throw moves (like the many movesets on this thread).

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Although getting Rayman in Smash is my main priority, I'd totally be down with seeing a playable Paper Mario.

I'm thinking they could use the hammer as a neutral special or smash attack, and the ability to flip as an up special (sort of like Zelda's up special).

Ristar94

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ristar94
3DS FC
3523-2545-3006
@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 I'm actually one of the people following you on tumblr (absentsilhouetteofbrooklyn). Is there anything else I can do to spread the word and gain people's support?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 I'm actually one of the people following you on tumblr (absentsilhouetteofbrooklyn). Is there anything else I can do to spread the word and gain people's support?
Oh! you were my first one!

Well, basically, reblogs helps a lot if people follows you. The stage post I made got like 25 reblogs and it just got quite a bit of attention. There's other posts that have yet to get their audience, but I don't think it should be too long.

And if you can, share that blog. I really am in need of more followers so sharing it just helps to get them and more followers = more chances to get mroe reblogs from the start and reblogs are
so, I need them.

I have 26 followers now, but I just need more.

Like, I have now to sort of be carefull of when I post because I want the longest period of attention which is hard to get when you don't have much followers. The stage post got spread because someone rebloggued it, and I guess he had lots of followers because there was a chain of 5 reblogs....it was crazy.

So, basically, please, sharing it helps so I can feel confident to post more things :)

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383

This looks amazing. I could only imagine how amazing a new Paper Mario game on Wii U would look like.

I know Sticker Star was met with a lot of criticism, but I think it was an amazing looking game. It got a great looking Smash Bros. stage as well.

Also, could I just say how much I love the palette swaps in the OP, especially the last two.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Too much Mario for my liking.
Please, do not comment without actually trying to add any discussions. These kinda of comments adds nothing except juat a discouragement and this thread got so much of these that they shouldn't happen. If you wish to make such comment usefull, read the OP and respond with a better explanation because....well, this is a thread.

I'm serious, these kind of posts are so pointless and it was a huge problem before.

Converting from Paper Mario 64 gameplay to TTYD gameplay is a bit distressing.
I already miss spin skiing from the original game now. ;-;
Spin is good....but it just is annoying to have to jump to not lag and make it useless. Though, you should love Yoshi :)

and I actually got the complete opposite, it was refreshing to convert from pm64 to TTYD :) there several reasons, but the battle system is just.....the best one I ever seen in any RPG.

This looks amazing. I could only imagine how amazing a new Paper Mario game on Wii U would look like.

I know Sticker Star was met with a lot of criticism, but I think it was an amazing looking game. It got a great looking Smash Bros. stage as well.

Also, could I just say how much I love the palette swaps in the OP, especially the last two.
I remember that I spent hours to get all of these done except the TTYD models :) The n64 one was a pain, but I think it makes sense to have a little bit more unified as n64 was due to its limitations. It just....strike me a bit weird, but then again, I think the n64 design is a bit weird on the colors comparing to the current one (the one since TTYD).

And SS, actually, this is the main good point of it, the visuals. ok.....forget the stickers, they are the same design of the series (I know, it's shocking). As for the stage, again, that stage pick only the good parts of SS which was the livvely colors. Also, the music from the stage >>>>>>>>>>>> the original music in SS.

And i just need to say again, the Tumblr is going quite well. i receives less notes lately with how the stage post was too crazy to beat, but my other posts do gets rebloggued and i also plan to post a bit more tonight. I have 34 followers so far :)
which is
:)

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
nonono, yeah he swears a lot on versus, but in the video with his top 5 DLC he isn't that bad.
He ranked Paper Mario #2 on his DLC wants list!

Ristar94

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ristar94
3DS FC
3523-2545-3006
Has anyone ever considered making a video showcasing what Paper Mario's moveset could look like? You know, with actual clips from each of the games to show which moves would work well. There are a lot of similar videos on youtube but a unique video dedicated to this cause would really help convince people to vote for Paper Mario.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Has anyone ever considered making a video showcasing what Paper Mario's moveset could look like? You know, with actual clips from each of the games to show which moves would work well. There are a lot of similar videos on youtube but a unique video dedicated to this cause would really help convince people to vote for Paper Mario.
Push made the idea earlier and basically, it is definetely possible, can be done by me as I just record dolphin (I could rtecord my n64 for pm64), but there`s just a big problem, it will be tedious.

And time is something I'm unfortunately really need and for something that would be posted on my yt account which is not recognised, I would have problem to spread it. I could link on Tumblr though....

But time is just my biggest problem. I would actually have to do the footages because I need Gif, but that is more easilly done than using a linux software to edit a moveset video. Then, it reqiuires a bit of planning, etc....

It`s possible, just very time consuming and it will be interesting to do it, but I can't have time for it now.

I think we can survive without it and Gif for now, it just is very time consuming.

Also, I didn;t even ended the little excerpt I do on Tumbr. Stuff like thoreau would be a perfect throw, Goombella and her tattle, these posts tends to really catch more than the full moveset (bur someone pointed out to love the dedication of me to add the buttons :) ).

So, I'll say we can wait for that :)

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I originally planned to do so. I'm still thinking about it but I need the time and motivation. Me and a friend of mine would definitely consider it.

I made a fan-made trailer, but that's all so far.

Converting from Paper Mario 64 gameplay to TTYD gameplay is a bit distressing.
I already miss spin skiing from the original game now. ;-;
Basically, Paper Mario's version of rolling in The Legend of Zelda. lol. Good times.

Last edited:

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm... that sounds cool! I want to do this now when I finish making my moveset idea.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Might as well relay the message as I did in Tumblr:

YAY!!!!

So, yeah, the most underrated game of the series has 8 years today and it stil hasn't aged. The game hot really awesome with its plot and the numerous great moments it had like swoon.exe. The cubic design and the retro music just made this game....special! Sure, it wasn't as polished as TTYD, but it sure deserve its praise with it being a bounding through time :)

As for the Tumblr....really going well. I actually shared your video @SuperLittleTY so, please, check your yt stats just to know how much saw it through tumblr (i gave you credits and put a link to your channel :) ).

I posted some stuff, but the one that is really spreading now is my palettes swap. They really seem to reblog it everywhere. i have 59 followers now and I try to follow a lot of people to get more :)

So, I think I will post a moveset idea tomorrow night....maybe mega's one?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Currently in Chapter 5, the game froze when I was putting the Skull Jewel in the entrance.
Now I have to do major progress again. .__.
thanks for preventing this double post :)

that is weird....I never got any froze, maybe your gc or disc.

But think about it, isn't awesome to repeat battles?

For this game, it really is :) Also, I love Cortez, one of my favorite boss in the series (along with Fracktail in spm).

Now, here;s quite a big update on Tumblr.

First, check the blog now:

Notice anything just fantastic?

Well, it has a neat body background image, but I mean even more fantastic.

THE FREAKING FONT!!!!!

yep, you don't need to install hey gorgeous locally to experience its....gorgeousness! It took me hours, but In finally figured out how to load from my dropbox the .ttf file so what you see is directly loaded from my dropbox :)

i also messed up with the CSS to have less padding for larger screens and it just makes the thing more compact.

But that's not the biggest news. Let me explain what happened.

This blog is the biggest Paper Mario blog on Tumblr:

http://helloyesthisispapermario.tumblr.com/

VERY popular blog about Paper Mario, gets lots of notes and more importantly, reblogs. I actually asked him if he was supporting the idea of Paper Mario in ssb4 and he responded no while saying despite loving the series, he would prefer Daisy. So, I just let it passed but realised I jsut needed folowers and the thing is, I recorded 94 videos of TTYD in dolphin to get gif. Now, something happened that you mgiht be shocked, but this stylish! truly exists int he game:

After a tronado jump, i know, this Stylish is epic for smash, btu I of course went ahead and posted it. It didn't received much notes so, I tried to submit that gif to the Paper Mario blog which he approved.

It's crazy. That post got 400 notes in a day. I never achieved 100 so far, it's just was a big source for me to follow people. But I said to myself that if that blog was this popular and he would promote my stuff, I would get everything. So, I tried and asked him if he was at least ok to link and reblog my stuff because, well, my stuff are about paper Mario and even if he doesn't like the ideas, lots of his followers might. With him agreeing, he accepted linked to my blog and got some stuff mainly followers.

However, the next day (so, today)....I freaked out. My note counter went from below 400 to 430....that;s like 30-40 notes, this is insane because I last checked them before going to sleep. In 9 hours, to get that much notes is crazy. After checking my notes list, i got why, the Paper Mario blog actually reblogued my palette swap and it got 100 notes total which means it increased by 30.....wow. I also got some followers in the process.

So, I had the idea to reblog my stage idea post because it was popular and I had more followers.....I got several likes seconds after I posted it....

look, I have 109 followers.....109, that's a lot. I got that an average blog actually could take a year to get 100, but because I was TRYING to get them, I got them in a week.

I still have to announce the 100 followers mark on the blog and remember, I have 94 videos ready to be gifed like the gif above. The next weeks will be crazy. it just happens that I won't have much college works at the moment (just a paper I need to write today), so, expect the madness to start tonight :)

btw, the new theme I got allow MUCH better flexibility in the CSS. I can do a lot if I have time, but not now. :)

Top Bottom