• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thinking of crunching numbers...

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
You're probably confused by that. I'll elaborate.

Percentages. We have them, we just know that if they're around such and such, then something like that should kill them. My numbers would give the minimum amount (without DI most likely, if I have time, then I'll add in various factors of DI) of when they'll die, how far they'll fly at around that percentage, etc etc. Someone is doing that with Metaknight, and I think I could do that with Zelda.

Example: Was playing around with d-tilt, finding the "threshold" in which the characters will go into the air. Sonic came to 82%, Wolf 85%, and Falco 76%. Each with various things that can follow up afterwards, but that's for another time. If anything, I might even figure out how HIGH they would go up.

How many would be interested in this? I've got three weeks to make major studies on such things, but I'd like to leave something with the community, rather than be "hey, he was that one player dude thing" or whatever.

Thoughts? I'd like 'em, good and bad.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Honestly, I appreciate your effort, but I don't think that would be useful at all. For one, the d-tilt isn't one of Zelda's best move, and it's kinda lame. It's pretty much the same with all characters.

I just don't think people are going to be that bothered.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Triple d-tilt once Sonic is at 82-87ish percent, turn, bair, dead.

I think I made my point there.

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
I agree that d-tilt is good for combos, and having a list of the percentages at which other characters get popped up by it will be helpful.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
I agree that d-tilt is good for combos, and having a list of the percentages at which other characters get popped up by it will be helpful.
It's 92%, for the heaviest characters..
Lighter characters it's a little bit less.

This is why it stops tripping after that % as well.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
That's just a minimum. Other things would bring it to when they'll die at such and such a percentage (when hit at that percentage, not when they're AT that percentage).

It'd be rather comprehensive, and probably over a ton of people's heads but a great resource.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
That's just a minimum. Other things would bring it to when they'll die at such and such a percentage (when hit at that percentage, not when they're AT that percentage).

It'd be rather comprehensive, and probably over a ton of people's heads but a great resource.
Don't do it.
I already know all of it personally and I won't feel as special if you just post it here :urg:

S2

Smash Lord
So is this going to be a listing of when you can combo KO moves off of a d-tilt?

Anyways, Tsuteto, if you want to contribute something than do what project you feel is valuable.

Any message board has people who will want to tear down what you create regardless of the quality. If you're passionate about a project, do it anyways. The worst thing that can happen is someone makes a ******* comment.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
@S2: You'd have to figure out what you could chain. Essentially, if someone is good enough, they could read the thing, do some extra calculations for combos and what not, and pick up Zelda for the first time and keep par on average level. For example, what I've stated about the three characters in the initial post. That's the minimum percentage they'd have to be to be tossed up into the air instead of "stunned" or tripped.

@Ryoko: You're awesome for that XD

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
I swear I made a Ness I was playing with on Team Battle go from 70-80% to 120-130% in a matter of seconds with Dtilt. Poor guy didn't know how to DI.

S2

Smash Lord
Ryoko, that quote should be required reading for Zelda newbs.

D-tilt's applications are completely worthwhile. It basically combos into an f-smash before 80% or so on most characters. It's faster, pokes, has less end lag, and combos into the move everyone spams. What's not to love?

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
Triple d-tilt once Sonic is at 82-87ish percent, turn, bair, dead.

I think I made my point there.
Triple dtilt sounds kinda unlikely tho.
Won't you just get shield grabbed?

Only about a 10% chance of tripping 3 times in a row

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Of course I haven't tried it out, but with how quick it can come out, they probably won't have enough time to react. The first d-tilt will knock him up, next will spike him into the ground, and the third will knock him into the air. Trying a fair is harder than turning and performing a bair, but substituting for an utilt would work well too, or a usmash. Just probably won't kill him. This was, of course, on FD.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hmm, it seems this move is more used that I thought it was. My bad.

I just don't really incorporate it into my game, and I haven't seen any Zelda vids that use it. I just assumed...

Tsuteto, I didn't mean to offend. The more info the merrier.

Aeyr

Smash Apprentice
Hi. I just came in here to say...

YOU ARE AN IDIOT IF YOU DON'T THINK ZELDA'S DTILT IS GOOD.

Thanks for reading!
Ugh don't remind me haha.

But seriously...Zelda's d-tilt when it lands is one of her better moves in my opinion o.o. Useful for it's tripping at low %'s and useful at higher for knocking up opponents into either a u-tilt or u-smash, etc. Seriously, whoever said it's not useful doesn't know how to use it XD.

Aeyr

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed that at a about 60% most characters end up getting "trapped" in Zelda's D-tilt. As for how long it lasts, I haven't exactly tested out just yet, I just know my friend was complaining how he couldn't DI out of it/shield.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
If you're near an edge let's say FD and you grab someone with Zelda throw them out of the stage and then sweetspot Zelda's Meteor Smash It would kill them even if you grabbed them at zero percentage??

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Not if they react fast enough. It's powerful, but not godly. By all means they will probably be able to return if they're around... 30%, is my guess, unless they have crap recovery (Link).

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I'd like to know Dtilt percentages. I've been Dtilting Kirby at the wrong percentages, when it combos into nothing. And other times I'm not sure whether it's a situation for Dtilt Dtilt Smash or Dtilt Smash.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
pops it's not so simple as a flat percentage, it also depends on how close they are to you when you begin the dtilts, since they are going to DI out of it by going away.. but yeah I think this would be helpful to some people

Top Bottom