• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things you'd like to see in an upcoming patch?

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
The ability to restart event matches from the pause screen instead of having to quit out and go back in.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
The ability to restart event matches from the pause screen instead of having to quit out and go back in.
Although I just finished Event matches so that wouldn't help me at this point, YES, that we super frustrating.

Raijinken

Smash Master
3DS controller support for all modes, not just Smash.
Remove the idling penalty when spectating online without controller input.
Amiibo support for co-op "single player" modes.
No duplicates of custom moves and Mii cosmetics.
Eight more pallet swaps for everyone except Little Mac, since he already has his 16.
Access to the Controls menu from the Character Select Screen, or a miniature version for control swapping.
Pre-made blocks for Stage Builder (and/or option to erase sub-sections of blocks instead of the whole block at once. I suck at drawing).

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Hmm...how do you feel about the second half, from my own experience it sucks going through horrible lag when someone's connection is really bad...I feel 2 stock 6 minutes for team smash is a good combination, me and my partner already manage to get 4-7 kills in the short 2 minutes we have. This would require people to play more skillfully
I actually didn't understand the 3rd point the first time around. I get it now. Yeah that would make total sense. If I'm able to see 1 red bar, I know I'm out.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
THIS!!!

This is that sort of details that matters a lot. Like, I really question why it's not there in the first place (no really, that is the sort of things that transforms hard events into frustration...not fun).

D

Deleted member 269706

I really wanna see a nerf to all characters who can continuously spam projectiles. A few examples include Pac-Man, Zelda, Peach, Samus, Villager, and Pikachu. Also, Zelda's Up B is total bull****.

Last edited by a moderator:

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
A :4zss: and :4sheik: nerf.

It's annoying that :4sheik: has been top tier since Melee and Sakurai said that the game would never be balanced with tiers, so why not get rid of them?

For in detail:
They are pretty good but what if they stay good but have a weakness to the underdogs. Light hitters could make :4zss: and :4sheik: flinch more than their heavily armored counterparts. (:4zelda: and :4samus:) So characters like :4duckhunt:, :4jigglypuff: and :4gaw: could have an advantage over them and stay top tier. (sort of.)
Oh, and :rosalina:'s luma is to difficult to K.O too.

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408
A :4zss: and :4sheik: nerf.

It's annoying that :4sheik: has been top tier since Melee and Sakurai said that the game would never be balanced with tiers, so why not get rid of them?

For in detail:
They are pretty good but what if they stay good but have a weakness to the underdogs. Light hitters could make :4zss: and :4sheik: flinch more than their heavily armored counterparts. (:4zelda: and :4samus:) So characters like :4duckhunt:, :4jigglypuff: and :4gaw: could have an advantage over them and stay top tier. (sort of.)

Oh, and :rosalina:'s luma is to difficult to K.O too.
That's not remotely how tiers work.

Last edited:

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
  1. The ability to carry over control customizations between modes with the same controller. I switched the R/L and ZR/ZL buttons on the Wii U Pro to match the GCN layout, and I constantly forget that I need to reset my name every time I enter any mode. It's super inconvenient and frustrating. Once you select the name once, that controller should default to that name at least as long as the game is on (assuming you never change the name).
  2. Custom move option in For Glory.
  3. Mii Fighters in online. They might have to use preset default appearances and be limited to their 1st set of moves, but the current state of excluding Mii Fighters from online is leading to them being sort of second-class SSB citizens that no one wants to main.
  4. 3DS controller support in all modes of play. I love my ol' 3DS, and it makes playing Smash Tour with friends easier.
  5. A way to change custom moves from the CSS (unlikely, since equipment usually goes hand-in-hand with customs, but it would be amazing for tourneys)
  6. More stage builder options, like standard blocks, an erase tool which goes square-by-square without deleting a whole structure, and fun extras like spikes and falling blocks.

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
Tone down Amiibo damage. They hit like TRUCKS even without equipment.

KEWB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KEWB99
3DS FC
4511-0666-0442
Okay, random little annoyance I just found. The electronic manual cannot be navigated with a Gamecube controller at all. You can't even BACK OUT of it. If you select it from the main menu you'll need to get a different controller to navigate or back out. It's extremely minor, but it's an annoyance that seems like it could be patched relatively easily. Even if patching in GCN controller support is too much, a simple pop-up notifying that the GCN controller isn't compatible with the electronic manual would be nice.

Last edited:

LloydTheLoser

Smash Rookie
NNID
LloydZXTheGN
3DS FC
3282-4648-3427
- Nerf Rosalina
- Buff Olimar (he really needs one)
- Fix Bugs
- Nerf Lucario

Koggy

Yoshi Adept
Ability to use 3DS as controller for online play (If this isnt already in)

Default names on a system (No having to remember to change them every game)

Nerfs and buffs maybe. Although this one might be not necessary since the game is already pretty balanced/meta game is not as important as in other games, from what I've seen.

3v3/4v4 online, even if only for fun.

A ranking system.

Let me play with my 3DS having friends online.

White Yoshi.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Why hasn't Nintendo ever made the Home Menu available while connected online? It'd be much easier to message or see who's online, or take pictures for Miiverse, without having to backout to the main screen just to access it. Come on, Nintendo. Get on the ball, get it rolling, etc.

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
-To be able to use custom controls set to a name in Smash Tour, I have custom controls and I am unable to select them for Smash Tour, ruining a lot of the fun for me.

SlyChoober

Smash Cadet
Why hasn't Nintendo ever made the Home Menu available while connected online? It'd be much easier to message or see who's online, or take pictures for Miiverse, without having to backout to the main screen just to access it. Come on, Nintendo. Get on the ball, get it rolling, etc.
We need this.

Dr.Mog

Smash Rookie
King of the Platform mode online.
Standing on the platform nets you points. Whoever has the most points at the end of X minutes wins.

Platform could change during the match, left, right, center etc...

Last edited:

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
A lot of what you guys said, plus cut loading time by half.

Merkabo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Merkabo
3DS FC
2895-8009-7813
A new online mode that allows customs, equipment and all. People would make some kickass ****.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
A lot of what you guys said, plus cut loading time by half.
What? Do people really have a problem with the little load times this 1080p 60fps game has? PlayStation has triple the amount of load times.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
What? Do people really have a problem with the little load times this 1080p 60fps game has? PlayStation has triple the amount of load times.
What does resolution and framerate has to do with load times?

THIS THIS THIS

Why did they remove this? It makes restarting event matches really tedious. It's even worse since the game has bonus objectives within every mission. "Oops I took damage and the bonus requirement is to avoid taking one! Gotta start over by quitting and starting again for the next 15 seconds!"

Also quitting any match with the Gamepad is impossible. Is it just me or do I need a third hand for that?

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
What does resolution and framerate has to do with load times?
The same thing it has to do with how amazing it looks from a technical standpoint and it has to load everything up in a jiffy, where old Playstation games are an eyesore after waiting 1 minute to load.

FoxMcClown

Smash Rookie
Probably has been said but:

-Restart options for events duh.
-Change for glory 2v2 and FFA to stocks. Sudden death just has no place in the side thats supposed to be for more competitive fun. I had matches where people are trying super hard to run the clock just to get sudden death to not lose lol. Id ask for friendly fire too, but its just gona turn some people into trolls.

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
Access to more customization in options, Such as "Toggle Wavedash" "Toggle L canceling"
(I know this sounds stupid but I never understood why they just didn't allow people play how they like)
All star mode would be nice also.
Also customization like make your own alt costume by changing the colors of your characters kind of like SC5.

Dream update please.

jmjb

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anhJer
what I would like to see is Nintendo supporting multi player. I the lack of multi player support at all.
is Nintendo trying to kill the days of getting together after school with friends to work on each other's save files?
there's finally 2 player event matches, 2 player classic, and 2 player well..everything! and there's no actual way to play with other friends unless you bring your whole game console around with you?

the second thing, is character customization will die unless Nintendo fixes amiibo. I want to work hard and collect and build a great fighter to play as. Nintendo created this pokemon trainer mentality in me, so why aren't they supporting it? picture this; the character you spent dozens of hours fine tuning it's moves and grinding in game to collect it's gear, is now saved to it's amiibos figure. now instead of a group of friends saying let's hook up my wii u and try taking on MY custom character, and then the other: ok now let's hook up MINE so you can try beating me with my custom guy.. you can just bring your amiibo with you and play your custom fox build by tapping your fox amiibo, or your shulk, or all 6 custom characters you use. Nintendo would be able to appear to a more wider audience than just those looking for a tamagachi.
before you say there's no room on the amiibo, there are 4 custom move slots, and 3 equips. that's 7 bytes total, a fraction of a fraction of 1 kb.

this is what I would like yo see Nintendo CORRECT. let me carry around my amiibo like a pokeball waiting to fight random trainers I find in tall grass at school, game shops, tourneys, and conventions.

PF9

Smash Lord
please allow me to co-op with my amiibo.
I think you can do that already,

Wikipedia said:
Super Smash Bros. Amiibo figures can be used to spawn computer-controlled characters to fight either alongside a player-controlled character, or against other CPU, player-controlled, or Amiibo-generated characters.

Racquets

Smash Rookie
Since different "names" can remember different custom control schemes, it would be cool if different names could also remember the most recently-selected color swap of each character. It's just a small thing, but it was nice to have in the 3DS version, so I would like to see it in the Wii U version, too.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Many things added or fixed concerning Stage Builder.

A few examples being background and foreground drawable land so you can draw a tower structure in the background between the foreground plane and the background (image), think Hyrule Castle from Smash 64 with that small tower in the center. Also, choose where players spawn and have a move tool to move around drawn land instead of having to redraw something again. The list goes on.

Stage Builder really feels incomplete to me in this game, even more then Brawl's which is saying something.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
I'd also like a Pokemon switch, which would be similar to item switch, only with Pokemon

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
-To be able to use custom controls set to a name in Smash Tour, I have custom controls and I am unable to select them for Smash Tour, ruining a lot of the fun for me.
This is already possible; when the select a mii menu comes up you can also choose your name.
  • Ability to use custom button controls and custom move sets without having to go out of your current game mode to change them each time.
This this this. This is all I need. If this is added, my life will be complete. Seriously, I've barely used customs in the Wii U version (despite using them a lot in the 3DS version) because of this one missing feature.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
•buff G&W to have less end lag on all his airs

•would like the option to make custom Controls the default controls so I don't have to put in my name every time

•battle field mode for most stages (a man can dream)

•able to do classic with a amiibo

Weldar

Smash Cadet
The DK Rap being extended to include the missing 3 verses.

Now I haven't played the game yet seeing as I''m in Australia and we still don't have it but this is clearly the single biggest flaw in the game that needs addressing.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Show connection bars at character select screen to determine if you want to play that match or not for online modes (1on1/team smash)
Someone with an average connection would never get a game online then. Everyone deserves a chance at online matches.

Top Bottom