• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things you'd like to see in an upcoming patch?

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
Actually pertaining to the topic: being able to simply drop bombs again as Link using Z and not getting a Zair every time would be nice...

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Someone with an average connection would never get a game online then. Everyone deserves a chance at online matches.
Average? Average is fine. 1 bar Red-bearers, not a chance. It's unbearable to the receivers end. Get c'Nected, or Get Out.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
-Adventure Mode
-Nerf of the Computer A.I. in Smash Tour
-Gust Bellows Nerf

tmonty17

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3540-0649-1581
-Fix the airborne C stick issues for the GC controller

-Add a battlefield version of every level.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Is there currently a way to share replays? Or was that to come in a future patch?

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Am I missing something? Can't you just have your custom controls by selecting your profile? Or are you just complaining that you have to manually select your profile every time you play a different mode?
Basically this:
* Uses 5,000G to start Crazy Orders *
* Forgets to enter name *
* Has to restart *
* Loses 5,000G *

EDIT: Anyway, my personal wants:
- Remove repeated custom moves/trophies
- Touch screen/c-stick influence on menus
- Retrying all single player modes instead of only some of them
- More Stage Builder customization (more or at least shared textures, more parts that Brawl had, making structures behind the playing field, etc.)
- Changing the default controls
- Stage hazard toggle
- No restrictions on 5-8 player stages (if Battlefield is 8 player, why not those others?)
- Transfer custom moves, gold, etc. from For 3DS
- And probably something I didn't remember.

It's an amazing game already though, and every game has nitpicks to be made.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
  • Turn off horribly anti-aliased outlines in Team Mode
  • More (read: anything) for single-player. It's obvious that this game was designed with a family of 8 in mind.
  • More golden hammers for challenge screen - or at least make some challenges easier. I can barely get 5 KOs in Cruel, and that's by being lucky. Now I have to get 8? With a character I can't play to save my life?!?
  • Fix Ganondorf's model so he doesn't look like a claymation derplord. Seriously, look at his face next to any other humanoid character.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
This is kind of a half and half DLC/Patch. This game is loads of fun, but these changes could make it even better.

-Allow your custom controls to be set as a default each time you play.
-Amiibos at level 50 with no equipment don't hit 1.5% harder than a normal AI or human player
-New options for stage builder
-Amiibo online mode
-Rolling nerf
-Allow certain custom stages in 8 player smash (depending on size)
-Bigger stage weight limit
-TURN OFF STAGE BOSSES OPTION!!!

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Good stuff.

And seriously, Stage Builder needs 2 Undo buttons. Undo Current, and Undo Move. The Gamepad is imprecise. If I try to connect dots on a grid and mess up, allow me to take a step back -- not erase the entire thing.

Also let me erase parts of a platform (for instance making holes in a large mass structure that was never intended to be fought on, example the ground or big statue).

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
-1v1 For Fun
- Amiibo compatible online mode
- Custom moves compatible online mode
- Smash tour online.

Glottis

Smash Cadet
The ability to disable stage hazards.
It will never happen though...

Last edited:

DK-RULES

Smash Apprentice
Overall, battlefield online option. There is an omega option, so just an alpha option which has platforms for each stage. Should be easy to do. The hardest thing is to do the FD stages for omega options, so it is just a variation of that by adding some platforms to each stage.

For characters, I prefer if
You are
Running, and you jump, that your horizontal movent matches your running speed, instead of slowing you down on the jump. This should be across all characters. It would surely help against frequent projextile spammers.

jmjb

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anhJer
custom characters saving to their amiibo so you can take your characters with you.

Last edited:

KEWB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KEWB99
3DS FC
4511-0666-0442
custom characters saving to their amiibo so you can take your characters with you.
You already can with the 3DS version, but it would be nice to have an alternative for those who don't have that. Not sure if it would work with amiibos though. From what I hear they've only got about 4 KB of storage capacity.

Last edited:

jmjb

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anhJer
You already can with the 3DS version, but it would be nice to have an alternative for those who don't have that. Not sure if it would work with amiibos though. From what I hear they've only got about 4 KB of storage capacity.
I hear you, but 4 moves and 3 equips is only 7 bytes. a fraction of a fraction of a kb. and actually with only 3 choices for each move, you could write moves to 1 byte. (3^4 < 255) so 4 bytes total. 1/1024th of the amiibo's 4kb memory.

Last edited:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Counter nerfs too. WAY too much knock back. And a legal stage option for online. FD and Omega stages get really repetitive after awhile. We need stages like Battlefield, Skyloft, Duck Hunt, and Delfino so it's like competitive play.

Squid Squad

Smash Rookie
NNID
ICYoshi
3DS FC
4682-8452-8694
Stock mode for team matches in for glory. Didn't really matter to me in 3ds version but with 2 player local its very necessary. Probably not gonna happen but i can hope for the best and mention this in the club Nintendo survey.

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
1 V 7 online games... Just if you think the game is getting a little too easy and you wanna pound waves of noobs.
And the ability to use your 3ds in modes outside of smash

Last edited:

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
1. battlefield in for glory
2. turn off bosses option (and hopefully flying man in the 3ds ver)

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
  • Return to the original c-stick (1frame, no charge) or add an option for it (Charge Smash vs. Quick Smash)
  • Nerf Diddy Kong's UpAir
  • Decrease some landing lag for Marth/Lucina
  • Increase DA lag for some characters
  • Increase Fox's UTilt's knockback (to prevent the 40% combos, bring them down to like 25%)
  • Allow a "Drag" tool in Custom Stage Builder
  • Fix the crash in Smash Tour (not a big deal but it happens)

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
One thing, and one thing only.

Custom music via MP3s, with the ability to make custom loops.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Basically this:
- No restrictions on 5-8 player stages (if Battlefield is 8 player, why not those others?)
I think it has to do with the stage backgrounds. Moving stages, or stages with dynamic backgrounds, are usually not compatible with 8-player smash. There's probably too much going on at once for the game to keep up.

• More golden hammers for challenge screen - or at least make some challenges easier. I can barely get 5 KOs in Cruel, and that's by being lucky. Now I have to get 8? With a character I can't play to save my life?!?
I got the 8 KO with Lucina challenge done using IGN's strategy: http://www.ign.com/wikis/super-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds/Challenges. I still had to try 100 times because Cruel Smash is obnoxiously unforgiving, but I got it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd like to see the following things:

1. Item Presets
So you can just click a preset of a item setup instead of having to do it manually yourself each time when you have a specific theme going on or whichever.

2. More Online Modes
Bring back Multi-Man and Home-Run Contest for online, and also add Target Blast. Man, even add Classic mode to online as well as Trophy Rush! And add Special Matches to online as well!

3. Amiibo for Co-Op?
To sport another idea, let Amiibos do Co-Op modes with you. (except Event Match for obvious reasons)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
There's one thing I want to see fixed before anything else. The grid in the stage builder. It looks great on the tv. Problem is, I'm not looking at the tv when I'm building a stage. Make the grid look good on the gamepad.

Then, get rid of Smash Tour. The game would be better without it. It would be better to have nothing in it's place than for it to be there. Sakurai should give us a video saying, "I am sorry for Smash Tour. I thought it would be fun, but I was wrong. So I will now work on a new Adventure mode to take its place."

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
There's one thing I want to see fixed before anything else. The grid in the stage builder. It looks great on the tv. Problem is, I'm not looking at the tv when I'm building a stage. Make the grid look good on the gamepad.

Then, get rid of Smash Tour. The game would be better without it. It would be better to have nothing in it's place than for it to be there. Sakurai should give us a video saying, "I am sorry for Smash Tour. I thought it would be fun, but I was wrong. So I will now work on a new Adventure mode to take its place."
I do agree with the grid thing, but there's literally no reason to just remove Smash Tour. It's in the game now, and we wouldn't get anything from it being removed. Plus, some people actually enjoy it. I'm not one of them, but there are quite a few people who do, and I respect that. Smash Tour being removed wouldn't somehow open the gates to Adventure Mode; it would just put to waste a mode that took time, resources, and money to develop.

the8thark

Smash Lord

I actually like smash tour a lot. But I think classic in SSB WiiU is cancer.
Proof that everyone has different tastes. And best to keep both. Just add in better modes as DLC. That's if Nintendo was doing DLC, which they are not apart from Mewtwo and a stage and the tournament stuff.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
I do agree with the grid thing, but there's literally no reason to just remove Smash Tour. It's in the game now, and we wouldn't get anything from it being removed. Plus, some people actually enjoy it. I'm not one of them, but there are quite a few people who do, and I respect that. Smash Tour being removed wouldn't somehow open the gates to Adventure Mode; it would just put to waste a mode that took time, resources, and money to develop.
lol. I was just kidding about that. But I really do dislike Smash Tour.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Add where the characters originated and appeared in on the 3DS version for trophies, it's available on the Wii U version, but not on the 3DS version, very questionable decision.

Last edited:

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Custom moves from CSS, and an option to play Custom moves without Equipment. And on for glory.

Semopo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0688-6533-6002
Your shield will deplete more quickly for every roll or air dodge you do

Remove taunts from online experience (except For Fun)

Skill/region matchmaking

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
One thing, and one thing only.

Custom music via MP3s, with the ability to make custom loops.
Something like this, but since Brawl uses BRSTMs, I suggest something similar to that. It wouldn't be MP3s per se. Just load the S4STM (a name I made up lol) onto an SD card and bam.

There may be more but I can't think of them right now.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I would like them to patch out the Mushroom Gorge song to cleanse the filthy stain that soils the fantastic soundtrack.
Also why can't it save my Stock rules settings?
Being able to send game invites would be nice too.

YoshiPunch

Smash Rookie
Is there going to ever be the ability to team up with a friend online and play against other players? I understand there is couch co-op online but I really find it odd they didn't include matchmaking.

Richtea007

Smash Cadet
NNID
Richtea87
3DS FC
0903-2753-0592
1) Fixes to all bugs (big and small). This is pretty big considering some issues people are having with errors and whatnot.
2) Enable touch on the gamepad
3) For Online, match me with someone who has the same connection as I do. Also, It'd be nice to search for opponents in certain regions.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
1) Fixes to all bugs (big and small). This is pretty big considering some issues people are having with errors and whatnot.
2) Enable touch on the gamepad
3) For Online, match me with someone who has the same connection as I do. Also, It'd be nice to search for opponents in certain regions.
Reality check, there will always be bugs. It might take years for them to patch all bugs.

Enable touch on the gamepad? That would be very Inconvenient.

Now 3, that I can agree on.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Enable touch on the gamepad? That would be very Inconvenient.
How would it be inconvenient? Touching menu icons is faster than selecting them with the control stick/buttons, and if you don't want to use it, you can still use buttons.
Also, on the subject of bugs, the title does say what would you want, not what you want that would be feasible :p

Top Bottom