• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things you'd like to see in an upcoming patch?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
-Nerf Diddy by removing any way to do the D-throw > U-air combo
-Remove Mac's KO punch thing in For Glory specifically if not remove the super armor from his Smashes.
-Nerf Roll spam

But really, I would want the game to remember my control sets so I don't have to constantly deal with the rumble feature being on, and have the "remember last alt costume used" thing happen like with what the 3ds did. And those who said support Battlefield versions for FG, you got my vote on that, too. I'm sure I could be more effective on there than FD/Omegas all day. As a request, I'd prefer 6 mins over 5 if we had to play with 2 stocks, and speaking of that, I wish there was an option to choose between doing 2-stock 6 min matches or 3-stock 8 min matches for FG as well.
And where's the tournament feature thing?

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
Good stuff.

And seriously, Stage Builder needs 2 Undo buttons. Undo Current, and Undo Move. The Gamepad is imprecise. If I try to connect dots on a grid and mess up, allow me to take a step back -- not erase the entire thing.

Also let me erase parts of a platform (for instance making holes in a large mass structure that was never intended to be fought on, example the ground or big statue).
There actually is a second undo option, the game just never tells you about it. When you connect two points, if you go back and click on the first point, it will undo the line between the points. If you accidentally complete a structure, there's no way to undo part of it, but as long as you're still drawing, you can go back one line segment.

That said, there still desperately needs to be a Move and Eraser feature that let you shift and delete already-made structures.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
There actually is a second undo option, the game just never tells you about it. When you connect two points, if you go back and click on the first point, it will undo the line between the points. If you accidentally complete a structure, there's no way to undo part of it, but as long as you're still drawing, you can go back one line segment.

That said, there still desperately needs to be a Move and Eraser feature that let you shift and delete already-made structures.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Add icons in online mode that indicate the connections of each player. Also if possible, end matches automatically if the lag gets to the point where the match becomes unplayable.

MSDChaos

Smash Rookie
Looking at some of these suggestions. Sweeping changes to the gameplay won't happen I think.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Mainly 3DS use online, and hopefully something to cut down on input lag while using the 3DS. Also let me bring my Amiibo online to wreck everyone.

EonGenesis

Smash Cadet
Other then the stuff most people said here on this thread.

I prefer a game cube controller adapter to work on VC games and on Wii mode.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
I want Dedede Burst to be fixed. Since the last update, it seems like some characters like Marth and Sheik are able to escape the attack. Only the third and fourth hits are counted as part of a combo in training mode now.

Last edited:

DK-RULES

Smash Apprentice
I would like three things:
A for fun mode that is 1 on 1 but plays as for glory. This gives you the chance to practice with any character online without worrying about stats.

For glory mode can have FD and platform versions of each stage so we are not always practicing on flat stages.

Matches made by your win rate or at least your last 100 match win rate. This helps you play with others of more similar skill. Example, if my win rate is 50 percent, I should play with others that are near 50 percent. As you get better, you end up playing with others with higher skill. Having a for fun 1 on 1 option gives your online win rate more meaning.

DK-RULES

Smash Apprentice
Forgot one more. If I have a friend online, some in game notification system where I can tell a friend I want to play. That player would receive the message after their current match as a popup or something. Many online friends are online only, so I don't have everyone's contact information and I don't want to call 100 people to see who wants to play.

Mrkaoz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrkaoz
Less lag online please, my internet is very fast, but 70% of my matches have a lot of lag.
Remove Mac's KO, it's to deadly online. (especially with lag)
More options in Stage builder, More textures, items, depth etc. It's a little bit too simple.

PF9

Smash Lord
They should patch in new items from time to time too. Here's one:

Ice Flower

Series: Mario

Function: Whereas in its original games it gave Mario the ability to shoot ice balls, in Smash it would function similarly to how the Fire Flower does in that game - only it would shoot out a constant blizzard attack, similar to the Ice Climbers' Down-B movie.

Kingbuu

Smash Cadet
Fix Brinstar's theme since they cut out the climactic second loop of the song to save room for the 3DS version but now there's no excuse not to have the whole song in the Wii U version. Kongo Jungle can stay the same since that was cut short for the better.

EchoActual

Smash Rookie
Item select to be universal throughout the game. I hate killing 7 people on classic or crazy orders only to be smashed or hammered by someone at 100% -.-

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
-Make custom moves available online
-More online smash modes with friends
-REMEMBER THE PREVIOUS CONTROL SETTING
-Online amiibo availability. Trust me, it would be funny.
-Nerf rollspam. Seriously, just tack on a few extra ending frames and we're good.
-Add an online lag threshold that would prevent matchmaking if the player's connection is garbage so a 4-minute match doesn't become a 12-minute match.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Item select to be universal throughout the game. I hate killing 7 people on classic or crazy orders only to be smashed or hammered by someone at 100% -.-
It's a huge gamebreaker for me.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Can we get Four Player versions of Great Cave Offensive and Palutena's Temple? I mean I appreciate the ideas and all but if you're not playing 8 Player Smash, you're not playing these stages, and you're pretty much rarely playing 8 Player Smash (unless you're into 7 CPU's or something you freak...)

Top Bottom