• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things that i have found out

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
1. a good way to beat edge hoggers. Be sheik do a ledge crawl( crawling againt a ledge) only crawling with it in the down left/right spot then press down b you fall off the ledge turning into zelda press jump right after or just spam it during the transformation frames. then do upB you end just a little bit above the ledge doing the fire knock back damge to anyone ledge camping /guarding sending them under the stage! or a good set up for zeldas f air

2. *meta game* while dashing at an opponet do a short back jump with shiek (where she does a flip) then when your half way threw the animation press n air. this stops all momentum and gives you like almost no ground lag so then after your opponet thinks your gana dash them they ether do a smash attack. smash short. then your oppen for a free w.e or they dodge and you just run in during the roll or doge animation and do what ever you please

3. when your dashing and you make a sharp turn it usaly gives you a turning lag its faster to get out of it if you just jump rather then trying to smash or idk.

well i dont know if anyone else knows anyof theses but i thought id give you some of my findings! so if there old w.e! if there not then awsome!:p (hope this was short enough haha)

oh and cheek out the new challange in silvers challange 1.1!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213830

here the guide to "crawl recovering"

ok first you want to crawl on the edge

while crawling press down b and just wait till you transfrom as you decend

next based on when you transfrom determin if you have to jump or not so you can get square on the edge/ or above if you opponent is standing on the ledge then press up B this could take some practice but is worth it

then when you hold up and get to the ledge the results are the following

or for standing on a ledge

so basicaly its the same as recovering, only starting from the stage enjoy it and try it out!

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Make it stoppp make it stooppp...

1. Not worth the trouble. Chances are you'll be EASILY punished or gimped. A simple b-air with Sheik will suffice.

If you're opponent is stupid enough to hang onto the ledge when they know about sheik's chain, well, jumping alone should be enough to kill them.

2. Don't see how this is a metagame but I'll roll with it.

You dont need to jump backwards to stop momentum. Just don't press forward.

The rest of that sentence makes almost no sense. At least not enough to comprehend. From what I gather you think jumping backwards and pressing A is a good bait? Perhaps for a sandbag. In my experience no one has ever tried to dodge my attacks when im going the opposite direction.

3. You mean pivot grabbing? I don't see any reason to turn around while running, or why you would turn around infront of an enemy, so... void. :/

Great. Another useless topic.

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
1.eh i'll rule with it but i posted this because to me this isnt useless on online ive won matches several times by doing the first two. and its something that really isnt expected and its fun to do becuase nomater what you cant really get punished like you would think. because on the way down you are invincible due to transforming. the only place where you can get punished is when take that jump but it only last for a second dont underestimate it :)
2.the second one actualy is really good bait and its more of a meta game cuz your not trying to hit them it like more or less when you do it fast it looks like a normal attack that should be dodged. so i find this useful and easy to get a upsmash or a dash attack in
3.the last one is purly info.

they may not be the best way but they are a way and deserve more then then a slap on the face. but its cool sorry to dissapoint you sting! :)

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
1.eh i'll rule with it but i posted this because to me this isnt useless on online ive won matches several times by doing the first two.
and that is how you base your judgements? Online is plagued with lag and many people who play it are complete noobs who still play with items (no offence to the few competitive item tourney players). Besides, online is completely different than normal play. Due to lag, the only real way to win is with frame traps.

lag online=less reaction time=a lot of stuff being used online which can't be used normally at all without being punished.

besides, the first one is normally stupid to do because of

1. more and better options

2. you can get seriously screwed by the transform load times. Its very, very, very unpredictable at best. Usually by the time you transform you are so far down you get killed.

the second one is easily destroyed if the person you are playing against is

1. not drunk

2. not asleep

3. actually paying attention

4. not playing for the first time ever

not only that, but the sentence makes no sense. Why would you do n air halfway through the animation while you are still easily hittable?

and the 3rd one? lol. Not touching that one.

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
well see but thats just it i tested the way i did it and it was a set like it worked due to the air lag when you are crawling off a ledge so you always trans formed in time to do a jump and tele up. here i'll post pictures see if you guys get it better. and the second one i just do that in case they charge me they get hit.

and i tested this not in online but on training so i know it works. i was saying i applyed it to online and i got good results. and this one move isnt even bassed off items or anything. ok well stay tuned for the pictures...

and guys seriosuly why do you gata be hattin on me all the time i havnt got any respect since i ever posted on here. sure i might make topics but thats because i want to share what i found out with other people! even if its not practical it makes me feel good when i can find something out. but you guys just flame me down seriously i dont know why i havnt switched boards by now. ok you win i/ll stop making threads and only consentrait on my challenge thread Good day gentalmen

Villi

Smash Lord
Good job stage spiking some 9 year old on WiFi while his mom was calling with this.

Squidster

Smash Ace
and guys seriosuly why do you gata be hattin on me all the time i havnt got any respect since i ever posted on here. sure i might make topics but thats because i want to share what i found out with other people! even if its not practical it makes me feel good when i can find something out. but you guys just flame me down seriously i dont know why i havnt switched boards by now. ok you win i/ll stop making threads and only consentrait on my challenge thread Good day gentalmen
Ankoku make's threads without getting flamed... to avoid flames

1) Capitalize the first word of your sentence
2) Use puncutation and grammar correctly
3) Lurk and post tidbids of info before making threads. Thousands of people have been working for months doing nothing but trying to find ways to win with characters. Unlikely that the new guy making a post will shock anyone.

Don't take flames personally... we're just here to advance sheik's games and it can get exasperating when every 2 weeks a new poster comes in repeating the same discoveries that have been discussed to death.

Especially when grammar is poor >.<

As far as the crawl thing... a player should be able to just time his invincibility frames and make you die... (or force you to land on the stage if thats even possible... in which case he can just hit you when you appear.)
Also they still have second jump and up B... even if it works you'd have to land Dair or a lightning kick for the kill....

Generally not the best idea.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Its not about being new.

But these won't work, you have to pretend your opponent knows the end result of what you are doing and what you are capable of.

Top Bottom