• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
This is not a good look for you
Sure, fair enough. But to explain, my original thinking during the night was Fonti+ 2 of wam/pythag/frozen. But frozen is leaning town if Fonti is town. And if Fonti is town then that means I need to reconsider you. Thus, pythag, wam and you were top of my mind to interrogate.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Mass-claim yes, LaserGuy setting the order, no.

We popcorn claim. Laser chooses the first person he wants to claim, that person claims and then chooses someone else, we continue until everyone has claimed. You justify who you picked afterwards.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
That evens out the power but I'd rather give the power to someone I trust. If we can't pick one single townie that we trust we're dead anyway.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Do you fake this kind of emotional response when you are scum?
Not yet. I'm not quite ready to uncock the gun.
Maybe? I don't really fake emotions as scum, I feel them and then twist them to what I need, and I can be pretty manipulative in the process. Scum!me would probably be upset about having to yeet Xivii and Bessie, though she wouldn't feel the same level of uh, betrayal. I might have genuinely tried to reach out to them in a similar way and been upset when they rebuffed it, I'm not sure.

I'm telling you to shoot the gun, not uncock it. The strength of my read on you is dependent on the ammunition.

fontisian

Smash Champion
That evens out the power but I'd rather give the power to someone I trust. If we can't pick one single townie that we trust we're dead anyway.
I do not trust Laser.

Popcorning forces scum to make another decision they can be read off of, and it means the majority of the order is going to be determined by town just by the sheer numbers involved.

If we get a clear in the process of popcorning, I'd consider letting them choose the rest of the order (or to stop the claim partway through).

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
In the interest of not driving someone else into the ocean over mass claim strategy debate, I'll concede to popcorn.

Wam

Smash Ace
Sure, fair enough. But to explain, my original thinking during the night was Fonti+ 2 of wam/pythag/frozen. But frozen is leaning town if Fonti is town. And if Fonti is town then that means I need to reconsider you. Thus, pythag, wam and you were top of my mind to interrogate.
So interrogate away? You mentioned that I had promised more thoughts. I have posted more thoughts and you havent asked anything?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
So interrogate away? You mentioned that I had promised more thoughts. I have posted more thoughts and you havent asked anything?
I was saying to Kary that you were on my list to question, but I hadn't done so because you were very forthcoming without questioning. But I was waiting for you to answer Mala's question:
What big pushes do think Fonti has committed themselves too that bigger than the ones here? Kary was pushing pretty hard on Xivii, Flame has been on a lot of things, alot more than Fonti.
Also,
Also and there is a lot of wine here but fonti=scum makes the most sense of a chaco NK. Chaco was bottom of bessies reads list. By NK chaco you throw doubt over all of bessie's reads.
This seems like pretty bad logic. If Fonti is scum then their first choice kill is LaserGuy or I since we are both clearly giving for her. Chaco would be a distant third.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
This seems like pretty bad logic. If Fonti is scum then their first choice kill is LaserGuy or I since we are both clearly giving for her. Chaco would be a distant third.
I was thinking this as well last night, though when I saw Chaco died I rationalized it as if Laser had died, he wasn't really universally townread, and had already claimed vanilla, so the only explanation people would think of was he was pushing the right people.

Wam

Smash Ace
I was saying to Kary that you were on my list to question, but I hadn't done so because you were very forthcoming without questioning. But I was waiting for you to answer Mala's question:

Also,
Missed the question. Basically I dont think fonti has committed to the big pushes either. I was viewing them as two separate options but yes overlap is definitely possible.

Its wine about the nk but if your or laser were the target surely that's too obvious?

fontisian

Smash Champion
Missed the question. Basically I dont think fonti has committed to the big pushes either. I was viewing them as two separate options but yes overlap is definitely possible.

Its wine about the nk but if your or laser were the target surely that's too obvious?
Chaco had been one of the only people supoorting me this game, besides Frozen. We were working together all game, I 100% believe he'd be working with me Today, and I suspect part of the reason he was killed was to stop that from happening.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I think the Chaco is actually my only reason to townread Laser. Chaco hadn't really thought about a Syn!town world realistically, so if he's alive, he becomes a wildcard. From a scum pov, he could end up pushing anywhere and he has the track record of making that yeet happen. It's a kill that comes from a scumteam satisfied with me and Laser death tunneling each other and who doesn't want Chaco (who talked about Laser being town if Syn was, and who was with me on my pushes) breaking it up and turning onto scum. And admittedly I was thinking about tunnelling Laser and am still considering doing it, so it's not a bad read.

Maybe it also comes from scum!wam? Let Laser yeet me, confirm that third member of his proposed team is also town, and suddenly the case against Wam is looking pretty weak.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Day 1, Part 1
fwiw Gorf is generally a more "heated" player so defensiveness from the slot is def to be expected and generally comes off null for me when reading gorf but him being this defensive so early definitely pings a bit for me, just want to provide some meta on one of the slots in this game that I actually have voluminous experience with
Scum making this kind of statement stop around the "when reading gorf," because that's the message they feel they have to put out there, but Frozen continues talking about how Gorf may have been /more/ defensive than expected, expanding his thought process outwards, and making a more nuanced point. Feels like a real thought shared, not part of an agenda.

oh **** maybe you're just outplaying me by tone shifting just like I did from midnight ops to vanilla mafia :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:
Not clearing, but goofy in a way Mignight Ops!Frozen wasn't.

everyones a pipe hittin HBC homie till the HBC comes for you

Unvote: Chaco
Vote: Gorf
Yeah, the guy was just having a lot of fun with his opening.

I still don’t understand how my tone was defensive at all, it was in not understanding why DH chose to ask me, seemingly randomly, about my stance on An RVS shenanigan. My knee jerk reaction was that he was scum tryna cash in on easy content, and I still think that can be it, but I can see how it’s dumb town, just like his vote on me above. Really dumb, can’t honestly say if it’s scummy or not at this point. I actually DO think there’s something wrong with randomly asking for people’s thoughts or stances on things, its baby content and it’s easy for scum to do that instead of actually tryna get their hands dirty.
Oh, Gorf.

Is there something impressive or noteworthy that I missed?
We have a 96 hour deadline, to get only about 12 posts in the first 12 hours wasn't exactly an action-packed start.
Kary's tone was always pretty dismissive.

Sabrar why is not reading the rule alignment indicative?
Wam jumps in to figure out if Sabrar's push on Frozen is real. W/w indicative.

LaserGuy LaserGuy Underwhelmed so far. Present but hardly any presence. Best post is the one about your coaching of Mala, but I have a differing opinion on that. Everything else is null. Nothing to really form on them yet from minimal content. Their reaction to wagon is indifference so nothing could be read from it, so L-1 may help. Mala’s reaction was clear cut townie.
Chaco thought Mala was super townie.

I'm liking Dark Horse's content so far and have a solid Town lean on them at the moment.

Gorf comes across as tonally very hostile. I'm not yet certain if that is just their personality or if that is scum motivated, so I don't think I'm going to move there just yet.

I'm really liking somitomi's "all-snark all-the-time" this game. I also get townie vibes from him.

Btw. before I forget and spend a whole game getting it wrong again, does anyone besides bessie prefer female pronouns?
Gorf reaction kind of the opposite of Frozen's, in that it has a purpose, doesn't meander, admits to a lack of knowledge, and uses that as a reason to hedge. Dislike. Somi read was good, Dark Horse could be w/w. Asking about the female pronouns may say something about a teammate? Could mean no female teammates, could me one female teammate and that's how this got brought up, probably not something I'll get anything meaningful out.

Cool, I will ignore your vote then. :)
Kary instinctively lashes out at people a lot. Probably town indicative, "everyone is against me" mentality. Explains why she reacted so poorly to my interference.

I don't think this tracks at all. All I was pointing out was that Kary pushed pythag to pick between two slots, and then DH asks the predictable followup question of why when I would have instead expected Kary to do it. This is a little bit different than a "third person jumping into a double sided conversation." It's one thing for someone to be posing questions to another slot and then another person jumps in and starts asking their own questions or commenting on the responses given. It's a little more unique of a scenario when one person makes a demand of a slot and then an entirely different slot asks what I would label the natural followup question very quickly after the pressured slot makes the pick that was demanded. I'm just saying in this specific instance it felt possibly coordinated.

---

and again I'll reiterate: I didnt not at all say that DH or Kary were suss for the interaction, I was was simply pointing out that it seemed possibly coordinated to me and that people should take note for later if one of the slots flips scum
Still really like this. It's a weird angle for scum to even think of, let alone pursue.

Chaco - Is going to go slowly mad

Sabrar - Real Sabrar. I'd been wondering where he'd gone. Nice to finally see him again.

Dark Horse - Aggressive interrogating. I don't agree with his questions but he's leaving a thick paper trail if scum. - likely town

Malakandra - Too cool. But he did like my post calling out Laser for the town read, which means Mala was also sus of the easy town read, so Mala is town.

LaserGuy - Ligit mala analysis, slightly townie

Gorf - Sarcasm shield is slightly townie

Somitomi - Fry with his eyes squinting

Kary - Holding their cards close. But eyes open.

Wam - Minimal content is suspicious, but I'm willing to wait a bit to see what's under the surface.

Synchronicity - Obviously scummy. Policy yeet D2.

Frozen Flame - Hasn't played town in so long he's forgotten how to.

Pythag - Checked out. No reasoning for votes or attempts at reading anyone.

Vote FrozenFlame
Vote Pythag
Potentially a really good readslist. Come back to later. Reads obv weak, not a point against him this early on.

Okay well I just was surprised that you singled out Mala as dangerous in RVS but I guess it's probably null and just recency bias on your part.

which posts give you townie vibes?
Dislike the "okay well." More defensive than expected? Like the language is justifying when Kary was doing the interrogating in the first place, and has nothing to justify.

Mostly this bit:

I don't think it is particularly like that somitomi makes this kind of comment about his own recent scum game if he's scum again. somitomi's posting in Vanilla was also much more polished than what I'm seeing here.
Probably a good read of somi. Kary liked the post, probably agreed with it? Relevant if either Laser or Kary voted for somi at eod.
edit: They both voted Wam.

What are you seeing that points to scum!Frozen (again)?

Why is Chaco so high up the list?

Most of the rest of these look very reasonable to me.
Laser agrees with most of Boom's list. Weird, considering Somi is mid-to-low tier, and Laser just called him town.

I have Chaco and Frozen in the same pile so I can't really vibe with your list lmao

Also Pythag just seems completely average Pythag, and therefore null. I have him in the same pile as somi and Wam
Sorts people by how they feel in the game before sorting by alignment.

Started in the town pile now we're having some reservations.

These both rubbed me the wrong ways.

I would explain more but I gotta go right now.
Yeah, I can see the connected vibes from those posts.

Is there a way to sort by author? Have we had only 1 post from the hydra?

Boom I agree with others why chaco at the top?
Why did he want to sort by author at this point? Isoing? Did he ever actually iso people after this? Why follow up asking about Chaco when a bunch of people have already asked? Was nothing else in the list objectionable to him? Compare Boom's list to next readslist Wam posts.

No, you first. I'm pretty sure my reason will be different then yours so don't worry about me copying you.
Boom either ****s with people to get reads or pretends to **** with people to get reads, no surprises here.

Sorry, long day yesterday and I no longer work in IT so I'm not in front of a computer all the time.

Unsorted and paper thin reads :

Town :
Chaco - Townie vibes
Dh - I don't like gorf trying to make DH look scummy, I interpret his posts as eager.
gorf - the defensive argument that was trying to be built on him was reaaaaly sketch. It seemed like he and I were thinking similarly wrt to the wagons. we're on the same page...until he ascends.
Sab - I think I've liked everything he's posted.

Null :
LG - I admittedly need to reread, but LG seems to be skirting by on the good faith of others (that's opinion pre-reread).
Kary - playing to his meta. Nothing to see here. maybe a town lean, but still relatively null.
Synchronicity - If this account starts arguing in bad faith/mudding the waters kill it immediately.
somitomi - No idea on this slot yet.
Boom - This is kinda a toss up. I actually didn't like his placement on the malarky wagon, seemed like he was trying too hard to be HBC, so I personally thought his wagon would be more benefictial for me to be on (I think this answers your question Kary). However, I don't think him following up with a write up of his views is a very scum move. Tonally he appears different to me this match, though.

Scummy :

Wam - I don't think I've really liked a single one of his posts. I also don't get him jumping on the gorf train.
FF - I'm not saying it's scummy that you didn't read the rules, but that does seem very out of character for you. I didn't seem to understand your position on gorf. That seemed very odd to me.

I may have forgotten people, I'm about to go work out and then will come back to do some more reading and have questions.

unvote
vote : Frozenflame
Really good reads, especially if Wam is scum and Dark Horse town. Scum Pythag could just be murdering his strong townreads? Town Pythag could just be good at the game. Check to see if "Synchronicity - If this account starts arguing in bad faith/mudding the waters kill it immediately" mentality is reflected in any followup. Boom read is super detailed, but kind of focused on explaining Pythag's actions? DH read isn't actually a read on DH, and doesn't match the position DH is in. Mala is forgotten, cries about it later, Mala not w/w with Pythag.

@Chaco Can you use more words there? Are you saying I put you at the top in order to pocket you and then called myself out on it?
Skeevy.

Vote: Chaco

Don't have time to go through the details right now. Will discuss later this evening.
This tunnel started /so/ early.

Laser just knows I know he has a mastermind brain so if powerful people start dyin Ima look at him.
Kind of weird that Mala said this early, but now that a lot of strong players have died, he's just sheeping Laser and wants him to decide who claims? Implies that he has a much strong reason to townread Laser, don't remember seeing something like that Yesterday, reminder to look again.

No I think I was actually.

This quote was sticking in my craw for the past hour or so.

I see Besvii is beating me to the punch, but..

if Gorf is calling DH dumb or scum, He's also saying he's contributing without contributing, which would be scummy, not dummy.
But then gorf also backs off saying that he doesn't understand DH's intent, when he just gave examples of what the intent could be.

Now that's something I could understand putting a vote for.

@somitomi do you think there's no way that DH v Gorf could have been TvT?

Aren't you like, currently a lawyer?

I guess I don't buy the 'defensive' read people are getting from gorf. That struck me as a lousy reason to find him scummy, but I wasn't considering pressure votes. I'll eat my humble pie here if I'm wrong about this, no questions asked.
I don’t get how this logic leads to t v t for my slot and DH at all.

Pythag how does the gorf quote you brought up change the situation? Does it change anything or do you still view gorf and I as TvT?
Kind of like Dark Horse calling Pythag out.

On one hand I feel like somi’s been pretty light on meaningful content and despite what people have said earlier someone of her recent posts come off as very guarded to me. On the other hand I like the fact that she noticed this. Hmmmm
Again, very reasonable, and similar to what I was thinking about Somi at the time. Think DH came across as reasonable in general, but that doesn’t mean he’s towny.

Gorf
Chaco
Frozen Flame
BoomFrog
Somitomi
LaserGuy
Pythag
Malakandra
Kary
Synchronicity (Xivii and Bessie Hydra)
Sabrar
Dark Horse
Wam

unvote

vote wam
The team would have to literally be a combo Boom, Laser, Pythag and Mala for me to be doing better than Gorf was.

Where’s the lines between null reads and scum/town reads?
Why does this matter?

i feel like wam’s been actively lurking behind other people’s opinions and doesn’t have any sort of initiative in his posts

here is a vote showing support for my wagon, which is arguably the first wagon that had any sort of support at the time. Beyond this he’s had inconsequential content. So a vote for pressure,

which turns into a serious vote. i dont understand how to gauge wam’s stance on me after I clarify that I was kidding in my next post though because he has a habit of prodding something and just... losing interest in it in his next post

again, inconsequential and doesn’t go anywhere

boom posts a readslist

now wam has reads. i don’t get why wam is still voting me when he agrees with booms assessment (slight town). The questions he asks seem to lack any real purpose and his pressure/reads are alongside somebody else. Strongest scum read to me
Early wam scumread. Yeah, why didn’t Wam ask about gorf instead of Chaco? Lurking behind other opinions kind of a throughline for Today. Look at all Wam votes over time. Wam says he thinks that I haven’t been pushing people Today, uses that as a reason to push me. Could be a reflection of how he plays scum.

ngl I might be just have held over tunnel vision for you cuz I like booms assessment of your play, that it’d take scum!you being really reckless with your play to make that thick of a paper trail this early on
Feel like this is actually a reason to townread DH and Gorf just can’t see it. Not sure I agree, will keep that Gorf might have been tunneling in mind.

Thats hard to say. The confusion about what things mean kinda muddles any impressions. I definitely get a solvy vibe, and the commentary I can understand I get, but then theres like words I don't understand at all, bunch of old people references smh. I can't help but read it with like an old mystic sage voice in my head, which is really killing my ability to get impressions even more, but makes it incredibly enjoyable to read. Nothing from what I understand sticks out badly, so i guess towny vibes from it. But I'm not willing to trust a Xivii/Bessie slot that easily.
Throughline from Mala on “not waiting to trust x easily.” Said something similar about me Yesterday.

This feels genuine

Gorf why the scumread on sabrar?
It really doesn’t feel genuine. DH trying to push Gorf away from him/Wam to make him fight with Sabrar? DH said he was interested when I went after Laser Day 1 because it was a push on a strong player, possible he views Gorf calling Sabrar scummy the same way and is genuinely trying to let Gorf be towny to him?

Heyo.

I'm going to be as chill as I possible can be this game. I don't need a summary, it's doesn't look like there's too much to catch up on.

I'll be reading up, ping me if you need me.
Mission failed.

Okay, here's Chaco's first 10 posts from his last two games, both Town.

This is Midnight. Chaco is immediately focused on analysing players, producing reads, poking around everywhere. He is extremely obvtown basically right from the start of the game.

This is Vanilla.

Here he is more focused on the setup mechanics, but is still looking at player behaviours and produces a few legitimate reads.

Here is Chaco's ISO so far. I've gone through and commented on the bulk of the posts here.
This post is fluff. He already knows wam is experienced from xkcd (from pregame). There is basically no information that wam can give that's going to really help here.

Pretty much same as this. It's posting to look busy. There's very little analysis or information that Chaco can acquire here that will be particularly helpful. Contrast to the isos above about what Town!Chaco looks like on D1.

Same as above. Why does this matter? How does this help?

Fluff.

The first thing Chaco has posted that is actual content.

Fluff. Chaco doesn't attempt to inquire anything to bessie despite not knowing about her.

Fluff.

Fluff. This interaction is really weird as well.

Fluff.

Fluff.

Fluff.

Finally some real content, though this isn't a hard read. This is post 10, basically the same place as the other ISOs. No reads, no analysis, no scumhunting. It's completely vacuous.

Chaco does improve somewhat going onward, but there is still a lot of fluff, and basically all of the posting is reactive.

This is the closest thing to real analysis in Chaco's entire iso.

Spends a lot of time talking about how he's going to sort people, but Chaco doesn't actually attempt to sort.

The fact that Chaco's only read is this Townread on Mala is seriously making me reconsidering my Mala read. If Chaco flips scum I imagine Mala is a good place to look for a buddy.

Only real read continues to be Mala.

This is minimal, but okay.

Doesn't have a read on Boom but doesn't seem overly concerned about it.

All that questioning about people's experience earlier and this is the outcome.

This is fine, but reactive.

I'm not sure what to make of this interaction between Chaco and Boom.

tl;dr:

Chaco has spent the bulk of his content thus far on fluff posts. His analysis is extremely light, his reads are minimal, and he does not appear to be active and engaged in an attempt to solve. In contrast, his two previous Town games, he was extremely engaged in the thread, questioning everyone, developing his reads and actively pursuing independent leads. The quality of his content is night and day between this game and his previous two outings as Town... in half as many posts in those games, he managed to produce far more useful content.
Chaco case isn’t terrible? Kind of uncharitable in what’s described as fluff. The
@#HBC | Kary Treat them like an unknown vet. Don’t apply any meta at all. Just focus on tells, interactions, and inflection.
Was clearly just about Syn, not about Wam or Boom, who Chaco was more focused on, so “All that questioning about people's experience earlier and this is the outcome.” is inaccurate. Could just be Laser not reading closely. Probably something I would ask about instead of casing, but that’s style difference. Point about Mala being potentially being with Chaco is throughline of Laser looking for partners to his reads as he develops them, look to see if thought process continued. Pushed game forward.

all good though gorf understandable, playing legit mafia without a computer really is tedious af, sad to see you drop but ill catch you in the next one
;)

boom is just validating my ping from chaco re: the equality comment, how am I not supposed to reward that?

Unvote: Gorf/Fontissian
Wording could be overemphasis on chillness (“all good” “legit” “af” “catch you in the next one” “how am I not supposed to reward that”), trying too hard? “Boom” is supposed to be Laser. Makes the push more about Laser and about Frozen’s feelings than actual suspicion on Chaco, kind of scummy. Overall vibe still feels good on emotional level.

LaserGuy LaserGuy I should have seen that coming. I'd had the same thought but wanted to give Chaco time to see if he settled back into his normal style.
Was this about the Chaco push? Why should he have seen Laser’s push coming, why does it matter?

if Laserguy went after chaco just to pocket me I'm absolutely ****ing flattered but I somehow doubt thats that case
Similar logic behind townread on me, very self-oriented.

lol alright alright guys everyone get your shots in early
:rolleyes:
Still don’t know what this means, still don’t know why he liked my response.

It is a mistake to believe one will every fully grasp the mysteries of Is BoomFrog.
Matches Bessie notes on how if Chaco is town he is way overconfident on his Boomfrog read, **** I hate me sometimes.

no, I'm wondering if you're actually trying to tell me about a boom pocket in action or if you're just trying to make me paranoid
Syn did the testing stuff with Frozen too, should have seen that’s what they were doing. Like how Frozen feels in response, still self-oriented, but annoyed that Syn isn’t being straight with him and trying to help.

Yes. I'm keeping my vote on Kary because it wasn't completely random.
Note Sabrar things for why he died.

This list is very alarming. I think it would be slightly better if it were read in reverse order, but even that way there's still a lot I don't like. Curious to see where fonti's reads end up.

----

What do you see in Chaco's content that was townie? I'll accept that you put him at the top of your list to be provocative, but I'm guessing you aren't actually scumreading him.

---

Why Kary?
Ripping apart Gorf reads concerning, if Wam/DH mafia. Ironically those reads get worse if Laser is scum though. Could be attempt to push me away from where Gorf stood, probably not. Second part means he assumed Boom’s townread of Chaco was mostly fake, kind of a weird interaction for s/s.
Kind of defensive of Kary.

Aggressive tunnels are more likely Town Sabrar actually. I have been on the receiving end of... many of them.

I'm almost positive that post was written by Xivii (timing if nothing else makes it very unlikely to come from bessie). But I expect bessie was probably consulted for parts of it, yes.
Good defense of Sabrar. Reminder that Laser knows Syn member v well, would be able to townread them when others cannot.

So I get criticized for putting out the earliest reads in the game? Criticized for keeping up with excessive content and when I town it down I’m scummy for it? Like this truthfully doesn’t even make any sense. There’s nothing telling about your case here at all other than you’re trying to force a reason to push me. It honestly makes me think of endgame midnight when you said I tried to make stuff stick to you but never could. This is even weaker. See this is why I was even afraid to tone it down cause I knew someone would try and attack it as scummy. Look at the paper trail and you’ll see that I said this even in a discussion with you. Maybe that’s how you thought of it though?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame What’s your problem with my play? Early town read was a problem, and not it’s lack of content because two people have posted full on reads list while no one else has? Your content So far this game has been an exchange with Sabrar about semantics.
Felt v towny from Chaco at time, remember being surprised when Laser kept pushing after.[/quote]
Conclusions: Frozen still town. Boom sketchier than I remember, but clearly playing his own game. Laser case on Chaco wasn't as bad as Sabrar said it was. Kary very combative, lashing out, towny. Wam content very bad, needs follow up assessment. Mala mostly coasting, not surprising considering previous play. Pythag had a really good readlist, but the actual reasoning was very weird, recommend people look at it. Dark Horse reasonable but several non-productive questions, do not get the townreads on him, also needs follow up.

Pythag/Mala not w/w (both ways).
Laser/Boom lean not w/w (Laser towards Boom).

Wam w/w towards Frozen.
Laser w/w towards DH.
Pythag w/w towards DH.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Day 1, Part 1
fwiw Gorf is generally a more "heated" player so defensiveness from the slot is def to be expected and generally comes off null for me when reading gorf but him being this defensive so early definitely pings a bit for me, just want to provide some meta on one of the slots in this game that I actually have voluminous experience with
Scum making this kind of statement stop around the "when reading gorf," because that's the message they feel they have to put out there, but Frozen continues talking about how Gorf may have been /more/ defensive than expected, expanding his thought process outwards, and making a more nuanced point. Feels like a real thought shared, not part of an agenda.

oh **** maybe you're just outplaying me by tone shifting just like I did from midnight ops to vanilla mafia :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:
Not clearing, but goofy in a way Mignight Ops!Frozen wasn't.

everyones a pipe hittin HBC homie till the HBC comes for you

Unvote: Chaco
Vote: Gorf
Yeah, the guy was just having a lot of fun with his opening.

I still don’t understand how my tone was defensive at all, it was in not understanding why DH chose to ask me, seemingly randomly, about my stance on An RVS shenanigan. My knee jerk reaction was that he was scum tryna cash in on easy content, and I still think that can be it, but I can see how it’s dumb town, just like his vote on me above. Really dumb, can’t honestly say if it’s scummy or not at this point. I actually DO think there’s something wrong with randomly asking for people’s thoughts or stances on things, its baby content and it’s easy for scum to do that instead of actually tryna get their hands dirty.
Oh, Gorf.

Is there something impressive or noteworthy that I missed?
We have a 96 hour deadline, to get only about 12 posts in the first 12 hours wasn't exactly an action-packed start.
Kary's tone was always pretty dismissive.

Sabrar why is not reading the rule alignment indicative?
Wam jumps in to figure out if Sabrar's push on Frozen is real. W/w indicative.

LaserGuy LaserGuy Underwhelmed so far. Present but hardly any presence. Best post is the one about your coaching of Mala, but I have a differing opinion on that. Everything else is null. Nothing to really form on them yet from minimal content. Their reaction to wagon is indifference so nothing could be read from it, so L-1 may help. Mala’s reaction was clear cut townie.
Chaco thought Mala was super townie.

I'm liking Dark Horse's content so far and have a solid Town lean on them at the moment.

Gorf comes across as tonally very hostile. I'm not yet certain if that is just their personality or if that is scum motivated, so I don't think I'm going to move there just yet.

I'm really liking somitomi's "all-snark all-the-time" this game. I also get townie vibes from him.

Btw. before I forget and spend a whole game getting it wrong again, does anyone besides bessie prefer female pronouns?
Gorf reaction kind of the opposite of Frozen's, in that it has a purpose, doesn't meander, admits to a lack of knowledge, and uses that as a reason to hedge. Dislike. Somi read was good, Dark Horse could be w/w. Asking about the female pronouns may say something about a teammate? Could mean no female teammates, could me one female teammate and that's how this got brought up, probably not something I'll get anything meaningful out.

Cool, I will ignore your vote then. :)
Kary instinctively lashes out at people a lot. Probably town indicative, "everyone is against me" mentality. Explains why she reacted so poorly to my interference.

I don't think this tracks at all. All I was pointing out was that Kary pushed pythag to pick between two slots, and then DH asks the predictable followup question of why when I would have instead expected Kary to do it. This is a little bit different than a "third person jumping into a double sided conversation." It's one thing for someone to be posing questions to another slot and then another person jumps in and starts asking their own questions or commenting on the responses given. It's a little more unique of a scenario when one person makes a demand of a slot and then an entirely different slot asks what I would label the natural followup question very quickly after the pressured slot makes the pick that was demanded. I'm just saying in this specific instance it felt possibly coordinated.

---

and again I'll reiterate: I didnt not at all say that DH or Kary were suss for the interaction, I was was simply pointing out that it seemed possibly coordinated to me and that people should take note for later if one of the slots flips scum
Still really like this. It's a weird angle for scum to even think of, let alone pursue.

Chaco - Is going to go slowly mad

Sabrar - Real Sabrar. I'd been wondering where he'd gone. Nice to finally see him again.

Dark Horse - Aggressive interrogating. I don't agree with his questions but he's leaving a thick paper trail if scum. - likely town

Malakandra - Too cool. But he did like my post calling out Laser for the town read, which means Mala was also sus of the easy town read, so Mala is town.

LaserGuy - Ligit mala analysis, slightly townie

Gorf - Sarcasm shield is slightly townie

Somitomi - Fry with his eyes squinting

Kary - Holding their cards close. But eyes open.

Wam - Minimal content is suspicious, but I'm willing to wait a bit to see what's under the surface.

Synchronicity - Obviously scummy. Policy yeet D2.

Frozen Flame - Hasn't played town in so long he's forgotten how to.

Pythag - Checked out. No reasoning for votes or attempts at reading anyone.

Vote FrozenFlame
Vote Pythag
Potentially a really good readslist. Come back to later. Reads obv weak, not a point against him this early on.

Okay well I just was surprised that you singled out Mala as dangerous in RVS but I guess it's probably null and just recency bias on your part.

which posts give you townie vibes?
Dislike the "okay well." More defensive than expected? Like the language is justifying when Kary was doing the interrogating in the first place, and has nothing to justify.

Mostly this bit:

I don't think it is particularly like that somitomi makes this kind of comment about his own recent scum game if he's scum again. somitomi's posting in Vanilla was also much more polished than what I'm seeing here.
Probably a good read of somi. Kary liked the post, probably agreed with it? Relevant if either Laser or Kary voted for somi at eod.
edit: They both voted Wam.

What are you seeing that points to scum!Frozen (again)?

Why is Chaco so high up the list?

Most of the rest of these look very reasonable to me.
Laser agrees with most of Boom's list. Weird, considering Somi is mid-to-low tier, and Laser just called him town.

I have Chaco and Frozen in the same pile so I can't really vibe with your list lmao

Also Pythag just seems completely average Pythag, and therefore null. I have him in the same pile as somi and Wam
Sorts people by how they feel in the game before sorting by alignment.

Started in the town pile now we're having some reservations.

These both rubbed me the wrong ways.

I would explain more but I gotta go right now.
Yeah, I can see the connected vibes from those posts.

Is there a way to sort by author? Have we had only 1 post from the hydra?

Boom I agree with others why chaco at the top?
Why did he want to sort by author at this point? Isoing? Did he ever actually iso people after this? Why follow up asking about Chaco when a bunch of people have already asked? Was nothing else in the list objectionable to him? Compare Boom's list to next readslist Wam posts.

No, you first. I'm pretty sure my reason will be different then yours so don't worry about me copying you.
Boom either ****s with people to get reads or pretends to **** with people to get reads, no surprises here.

Sorry, long day yesterday and I no longer work in IT so I'm not in front of a computer all the time.

Unsorted and paper thin reads :

Town :
Chaco - Townie vibes
Dh - I don't like gorf trying to make DH look scummy, I interpret his posts as eager.
gorf - the defensive argument that was trying to be built on him was reaaaaly sketch. It seemed like he and I were thinking similarly wrt to the wagons. we're on the same page...until he ascends.
Sab - I think I've liked everything he's posted.

Null :
LG - I admittedly need to reread, but LG seems to be skirting by on the good faith of others (that's opinion pre-reread).
Kary - playing to his meta. Nothing to see here. maybe a town lean, but still relatively null.
Synchronicity - If this account starts arguing in bad faith/mudding the waters kill it immediately.
somitomi - No idea on this slot yet.
Boom - This is kinda a toss up. I actually didn't like his placement on the malarky wagon, seemed like he was trying too hard to be HBC, so I personally thought his wagon would be more benefictial for me to be on (I think this answers your question Kary). However, I don't think him following up with a write up of his views is a very scum move. Tonally he appears different to me this match, though.

Scummy :

Wam - I don't think I've really liked a single one of his posts. I also don't get him jumping on the gorf train.
FF - I'm not saying it's scummy that you didn't read the rules, but that does seem very out of character for you. I didn't seem to understand your position on gorf. That seemed very odd to me.

I may have forgotten people, I'm about to go work out and then will come back to do some more reading and have questions.

unvote
vote : Frozenflame
Really good reads, especially if Wam is scum and Dark Horse town. Scum Pythag could just be murdering his strong townreads? Town Pythag could just be good at the game. Check to see if "Synchronicity - If this account starts arguing in bad faith/mudding the waters kill it immediately" mentality is reflected in any followup. Boom read is super detailed, but kind of focused on explaining Pythag's actions? DH read isn't actually a read on DH, and doesn't match the position DH is in. Mala is forgotten, cries about it later, Mala not w/w with Pythag.

@Chaco Can you use more words there? Are you saying I put you at the top in order to pocket you and then called myself out on it?
Skeevy.

Don't have time to go through the details right now. Will discuss later this evening.
This tunnel started /so/ early.

Laser just knows I know he has a mastermind brain so if powerful people start dyin Ima look at him.
Kind of weird that Mala said this early, but now that a lot of strong players have died, he's just sheeping Laser and wants him to decide who claims? Implies that he has a much strong reason to townread Laser, don't remember seeing something like that Yesterday, reminder to look again.

No I think I was actually.

This quote was sticking in my craw for the past hour or so.

I see Besvii is beating me to the punch, but..

if Gorf is calling DH dumb or scum, He's also saying he's contributing without contributing, which would be scummy, not dummy.
But then gorf also backs off saying that he doesn't understand DH's intent, when he just gave examples of what the intent could be.

Now that's something I could understand putting a vote for.

@somitomi do you think there's no way that DH v Gorf could have been TvT?

Aren't you like, currently a lawyer?

I guess I don't buy the 'defensive' read people are getting from gorf. That struck me as a lousy reason to find him scummy, but I wasn't considering pressure votes. I'll eat my humble pie here if I'm wrong about this, no questions asked.
I don’t get how this logic leads to t v t for my slot and DH at all.

Pythag how does the gorf quote you brought up change the situation? Does it change anything or do you still view gorf and I as TvT?
Kind of like Dark Horse calling Pythag out.

On one hand I feel like somi’s been pretty light on meaningful content and despite what people have said earlier someone of her recent posts come off as very guarded to me. On the other hand I like the fact that she noticed this. Hmmmm
Again, very reasonable, and similar to what I was thinking about Somi at the time. Think DH came across as reasonable in general, but that doesn’t mean he’s towny.

Gorf
Chaco
Frozen Flame
BoomFrog
Somitomi
LaserGuy
Pythag
Malakandra
Kary
Synchronicity (Xivii and Bessie Hydra)
Sabrar
Dark Horse
Wam

unvote

vote wam
The team would have to literally be a combo Boom, Laser, Pythag and Mala for me to be doing better than Gorf was.

Where’s the lines between null reads and scum/town reads?
Why does this matter?

i feel like wam’s been actively lurking behind other people’s opinions and doesn’t have any sort of initiative in his posts

here is a vote showing support for my wagon, which is arguably the first wagon that had any sort of support at the time. Beyond this he’s had inconsequential content. So a vote for pressure,

which turns into a serious vote. i dont understand how to gauge wam’s stance on me after I clarify that I was kidding in my next post though because he has a habit of prodding something and just... losing interest in it in his next post

again, inconsequential and doesn’t go anywhere

boom posts a readslist

now wam has reads. i don’t get why wam is still voting me when he agrees with booms assessment (slight town). The questions he asks seem to lack any real purpose and his pressure/reads are alongside somebody else. Strongest scum read to me
Early wam scumread. Yeah, why didn’t Wam ask about gorf instead of Chaco? Lurking behind other opinions kind of a throughline for Today. Look at all Wam votes over time. Wam says he thinks that I haven’t been pushing people Today, uses that as a reason to push me. Could be a reflection of how he plays scum.

ngl I might be just have held over tunnel vision for you cuz I like booms assessment of your play, that it’d take scum!you being really reckless with your play to make that thick of a paper trail this early on
Feel like this is actually a reason to townread DH and Gorf just can’t see it. Not sure I agree, will keep that Gorf might have been tunneling in mind.

Thats hard to say. The confusion about what things mean kinda muddles any impressions. I definitely get a solvy vibe, and the commentary I can understand I get, but then theres like words I don't understand at all, bunch of old people references smh. I can't help but read it with like an old mystic sage voice in my head, which is really killing my ability to get impressions even more, but makes it incredibly enjoyable to read. Nothing from what I understand sticks out badly, so i guess towny vibes from it. But I'm not willing to trust a Xivii/Bessie slot that easily.
Throughline from Mala on “not waiting to trust x easily.” Said something similar about me Yesterday.

This feels genuine

Gorf why the scumread on sabrar?
It really doesn’t feel genuine. DH trying to push Gorf away from him/Wam to make him fight with Sabrar? DH said he was interested when I went after Laser Day 1 because it was a push on a strong player, possible he views Gorf calling Sabrar scummy the same way and is genuinely trying to let Gorf be towny to him?

Heyo.

I'm going to be as chill as I possible can be this game. I don't need a summary, it's doesn't look like there's too much to catch up on.

I'll be reading up, ping me if you need me.
Mission failed.

Okay, here's Chaco's first 10 posts from his last two games, both Town.

This is Midnight. Chaco is immediately focused on analysing players, producing reads, poking around everywhere. He is extremely obvtown basically right from the start of the game.

This is Vanilla.

Here he is more focused on the setup mechanics, but is still looking at player behaviours and produces a few legitimate reads.

Here is Chaco's ISO so far. I've gone through and commented on the bulk of the posts here.
This post is fluff. He already knows wam is experienced from xkcd (from pregame). There is basically no information that wam can give that's going to really help here.

Pretty much same as this. It's posting to look busy. There's very little analysis or information that Chaco can acquire here that will be particularly helpful. Contrast to the isos above about what Town!Chaco looks like on D1.

Same as above. Why does this matter? How does this help?

Fluff.

The first thing Chaco has posted that is actual content.

Fluff. Chaco doesn't attempt to inquire anything to bessie despite not knowing about her.

Fluff.

Fluff. This interaction is really weird as well.

Fluff.

Fluff.

Fluff.

Finally some real content, though this isn't a hard read. This is post 10, basically the same place as the other ISOs. No reads, no analysis, no scumhunting. It's completely vacuous.

Chaco does improve somewhat going onward, but there is still a lot of fluff, and basically all of the posting is reactive.

This is the closest thing to real analysis in Chaco's entire iso.

Spends a lot of time talking about how he's going to sort people, but Chaco doesn't actually attempt to sort.

The fact that Chaco's only read is this Townread on Mala is seriously making me reconsidering my Mala read. If Chaco flips scum I imagine Mala is a good place to look for a buddy.

Only real read continues to be Mala.

This is minimal, but okay.

Doesn't have a read on Boom but doesn't seem overly concerned about it.

All that questioning about people's experience earlier and this is the outcome.

This is fine, but reactive.

I'm not sure what to make of this interaction between Chaco and Boom.

tl;dr:

Chaco has spent the bulk of his content thus far on fluff posts. His analysis is extremely light, his reads are minimal, and he does not appear to be active and engaged in an attempt to solve. In contrast, his two previous Town games, he was extremely engaged in the thread, questioning everyone, developing his reads and actively pursuing independent leads. The quality of his content is night and day between this game and his previous two outings as Town... in half as many posts in those games, he managed to produce far more useful content.
Chaco case isn’t terrible? Kind of uncharitable in what’s described as fluff. The
@#HBC | Kary Treat them like an unknown vet. Don’t apply any meta at all. Just focus on tells, interactions, and inflection.
Was clearly just about Syn, not about Wam or Boom, who Chaco was more focused on, so “All that questioning about people's experience earlier and this is the outcome.” is inaccurate. Could just be Laser not reading closely. Probably something I would ask about instead of casing, but that’s style difference. Point about Mala being potentially being with Chaco is throughline of Laser looking for partners to his reads as he develops them, look to see if thought process continued. Pushed game forward.

all good though gorf understandable, playing legit mafia without a computer really is tedious af, sad to see you drop but ill catch you in the next one
;)

boom is just validating my ping from chaco re: the equality comment, how am I not supposed to reward that?

Unvote: Gorf/Fontissian
Wording could be overemphasis on chillness (“all good” “legit” “af” “catch you in the next one” “how am I not supposed to reward that”), trying too hard? “Boom” is supposed to be Laser. Makes the push more about Laser and about Frozen’s feelings than actual suspicion on Chaco, kind of scummy. Overall vibe still feels good on emotional level.

LaserGuy LaserGuy I should have seen that coming. I'd had the same thought but wanted to give Chaco time to see if he settled back into his normal style.
Was this about the Chaco push? Why should he have seen Laser’s push coming, why does it matter?

if Laserguy went after chaco just to pocket me I'm absolutely ****ing flattered but I somehow doubt thats that case
Similar logic behind townread on me, very self-oriented.

lol alright alright guys everyone get your shots in early
:rolleyes:

It is a mistake to believe one will every fully grasp the mysteries of Is BoomFrog.
Matches Bessie notes on how if Chaco is town he is way overconfident on his Boomfrog read, **** I hate me sometimes.

no, I'm wondering if you're actually trying to tell me about a boom pocket in action or if you're just trying to make me paranoid
Syn did the testing stuff with Frozen too, should have seen that’s what they were doing. Like how Frozen feels in response, still self-oriented, but annoyed that Syn isn’t being straight with him and trying to help.

Yes. I'm keeping my vote on Kary because it wasn't completely random.
Note Sabrar things for why he died.

This list is very alarming. I think it would be slightly better if it were read in reverse order, but even that way there's still a lot I don't like. Curious to see where fonti's reads end up.

----

What do you see in Chaco's content that was townie? I'll accept that you put him at the top of your list to be provocative, but I'm guessing you aren't actually scumreading him.

---

Why Kary?
Ripping apart Gorf reads concerning, if Wam/DH mafia. Ironically those reads get worse if Laser is scum though. Could be attempt to push me away from where Gorf stood, probably not. Second part means he assumed Boom’s townread of Chaco was mostly fake, kind of a weird interaction for s/s.
Kind of defensive of Kary.

Aggressive tunnels are more likely Town Sabrar actually. I have been on the receiving end of... many of them.

I'm almost positive that post was written by Xivii (timing if nothing else makes it very unlikely to come from bessie). But I expect bessie was probably consulted for parts of it, yes.
Good defense of Sabrar. Reminder that Laser knows Syn member v well, would be able to townread them when others cannot.

So I get criticized for putting out the earliest reads in the game? Criticized for keeping up with excessive content and when I town it down I’m scummy for it? Like this truthfully doesn’t even make any sense. There’s nothing telling about your case here at all other than you’re trying to force a reason to push me. It honestly makes me think of endgame midnight when you said I tried to make stuff stick to you but never could. This is even weaker. See this is why I was even afraid to tone it down cause I knew someone would try and attack it as scummy. Look at the paper trail and you’ll see that I said this even in a discussion with you. Maybe that’s how you thought of it though?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame What’s your problem with my play? Early town read was a problem, and not it’s lack of content because two people have posted full on reads list while no one else has? Your content So far this game has been an exchange with Sabrar about semantics.
Felt v towny from Chaco at time, remember being surprised when Laser kept pushing after.
Conclusions: Frozen still town. Boom sketchier than I remember, but clearly playing his own game. Laser case on Chaco wasn't as bad as Sabrar said it was. Kary very combative, lashing out, towny. Wam content very bad, needs follow up assessment. Mala mostly coasting, not surprising considering previous play. Pythag had a really good readlist, but the actual reasoning was very weird, recommend people look at it. Dark Horse reasonable but several non-productive questions, do not get the townreads on him, also needs follow up.

Pythag/Mala not w/w (both ways).
Laser/Boom lean not w/w (Laser towards Boom).

Wam w/w towards Frozen.
Laser w/w towards DH.
Pythag w/w towards DH.

Format should be fixed.

fontisian

Smash Champion
If HeuryAlone HeuryAlone isn't able to be here, can we get a new replacement? No offense intended to HeuryAlone, I get that you're probably busy and there's a lot to catch up, but your slot was scummy before you replaced in, and not having someone here who has to commit to things means it can just slide on by forever.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Been doing some rereading and I feel like my reads are slowly entering into Twilight Zone territory.

On reread, I am convinced Frozen and pythag are Town. Kary and Malakandra still feel townie to me from previous reread.

My brain says fonti is probably scum but my heart says Town. I'm getting a sort of deja vu feeling with fonti reprising the role of Synchronicity as the designated yeet in today's proceedings. I skimmed over fonti in SS and she was completely different in that game. Among other things, fonti seems genuinely shaken by Sync flipping Town here, whereas in SS she just moved on without a second thought. A lot of my reasons for being suspicious of fonti also hinged on Chaco being mafia which has turned out not to be the case. My brain has not been doing super well this game so I'm leaning toward just trusting my instinct here.

pedit: Haven't looked at the most recent posts in detail.

Which leaves me with Dark Horse, BoomFrog and wam as scum, which I'm not super happy with. But they're the only people (outside of fonti) that I haven't found a solid way to clear. I really want to clear BoomFrog based on my impressions of him during EoD2 and I'm not sold on him being buddies with wam. It does bother me that up until EoD2 I didn't really have a solid impression of him when I feel like in recent games I've been able to pick out Town!Boom pretty well. Uncertain what to make of Boom now buddying me. I feel like under normal circumstances I'd probably have him at maybe a Town lean, it's just he ends up in the PoE because I'm much more certain about pythag/Kary/Mala/Frozen being Town.

DH's content is thinner than I remember. I can't point to anything in particular that stands out as really scummy, more just I haven't found anything that is convincingly Town outside of that I like his tone. Pretty much same problem as Boom. I don't hate the slot; everyone else just looks much better.

I would be very surprised if wam was not scum, but my reads this game have been sufficiently bad that I don't even know anymore. Boom/DH/wam is not an impossible team, thought it does imply a lot of bussing, at least of wam. But most likely I'm wrong on at least one of the three because that seems to be the trend for this game.

LIKELY TOWN (no particular ordering)
LaserGuy
pythag
Frozen
Kary
Malakandra

VERY AMBIVALENT
fonti

POE SCUM
BoomFrog
Dark Horse/heury
wam

At this point, I think I'd prefer to yeet wam as it's the only read that I'm really happy with. But I'd love to take a stronger shot if we can find one because I don't think a scum flip on wam will really break the game open in the same way as pretty much any other scum flip would.

Vote: wam

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Powerful people in this case was referring to people with power roles. IIRC only Sabrar had a power role, and I really doubt that was a power role kill instead of hey lets kill the smart towny kill. Reason for TRing Laser is because of his post where he was like yada yada vote me then vote these people yada yada. Well, that is a big factor. Also ngl I don't really get the importance of whoever choices first, like sure Scum buds could throw their scumbuds last or something, but if that person flips scum then we can get some info out of that too.

Wam

Smash Ace
Eh this game drives me mad sometimes. Were going to go round in circles and I will probably be lynched at eod as it's the easy scum push. So I'm going to claim and I want malak to claim after me asap.

I spent ages debating false claiming if we mass claimed because my claim is going to look bad. But I figured that could cause more harm than good.

I'm the town neighborizer. I can setup a 1to1 chat with someone which lasts until they are eliminated. Then I can replace them. My targets have been sabrar N1 and chaco N2.

Wam

Smash Ace
If you're Town I would not at all have blamed you for saying **** it, I'm VT.
I came very very close. But I want to try and use my power going forward. I also didnt want to cause issues if there is another tracker or watcher (highly unlikely I think).

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
BoomFrog BoomFrog , when did you decide I was Town?
EoD2 mind meld on Fonti is what clinched it. Obviously the "game solve and claim" post helped, although I do think scum you could have faked that. But tripeling down on the tunnel even when I called you out on it also felt townie. (strategic side note, I don't think claiming was a good move, and it only got townie points for bizareness.)

I was giveing an intentionally incorrect summery of Chaco's point because I wanted him to explain again without telling him what the "right" answer was. I did the same think to Mala D2 when questioning him about why he town read me for flipping my EoD1 vote.

Yes. If I had realized why Laser was going to push Chaco then I could have asked LAser to wait so that we could see if Chaco naturally returned to his normal townie posting style or not. Once Laser pointed out the discrepency then the test was tainted.

I had previously "insulted" frozen about "not knowing how to play town" and then you called him "less slimy" which is saying his scum play was slimy. He read it as a good natured ribbing about how badly he'd played previous games because he's self conscious about it. This might be a "macho culture" thing which you presumably have less personal experience with. But the "macho" response to being ribbed is to laugh at yourself and move on, which is what he did. Like your post, go "yeah yeah" and move on.

Just to make sure I'm not misreading. Does this mean scummates with? "wolf with" I guess?

fontisian

Smash Champion
LaserGuy LaserGuy Didn't DH vote Somi over Wam at eod, while saying Frozen and I were super scummy and while Frozen and I were pushing Somi? I remember it being weird at the time.

Powerful people in this case was referring to people with power roles. IIRC only Sabrar had a power role, and I really doubt that was a power role kill instead of hey lets kill the smart towny kill. Reason for TRing Laser is because of his post where he was like yada yada vote me then vote these people yada yada. Well, that is a big factor. Also ngl I don't really get the importance of whoever choices first, like sure Scum buds could throw their scumbuds last or something, but if that person flips scum then we can get some info out of that too.
OK, thanks, I misread that.

For the last part, say a bunch of town claim and there's no doc. If a scum claims last, they can claim a doc role or bulleproof or something and know they won't get counterclaimed.

Eh this game drives me mad sometimes. Were going to go round in circles and I will probably be lynched at eod as it's the easy scum push. So I'm going to claim and I want malak to claim after me asap.

I spent ages debating false claiming if we mass claimed because my claim is going to look bad. But I figured that could cause more harm than good.

I'm the town neighborizer. I can setup a 1to1 chat with someone which lasts until they are eliminated. Then I can replace them. My targets have been sabrar N1 and chaco N2.
So, first, what do you mean about going around in circles? I feel like you haven't been going in circles at all, you've been pushing me for like 3 straight Days?

Next, to be, clear, you're saying you targeted Sabrar and Chaco on the Night each of them died? They weren't in communication with you at any point? Is so, why target them? What was the rational? Were you not worried Chaco was going to die after Sabrar did?

I almost want to clear you for this? Like, if you are a scum!neighborizer, why not target someone you know is going to be alive on one of those nights? That's only if you are a neighborizer though, but we can make you target someone Tonight and confirm it.

fontisian

Smash Champion
EoD2 mind meld on Fonti is what clinched it. Obviously the "game solve and claim" post helped, although I do think scum you could have faked that. But tripeling down on the tunnel even when I called you out on it also felt townie. (strategic side note, I don't think claiming was a good move, and it only got townie points for bizareness.)
Fwiw, when rereading eod, I kind of townread Boom voting me, because it was so different from what he was saying before.

I was giveing an intentionally incorrect summery of Chaco's point because I wanted him to explain again without telling him what the "right" answer was. I did the same think to Mala D2 when questioning him about why he town read me for flipping my EoD1 vote.
OK.

Yes. If I had realized why Laser was going to push Chaco then I could have asked LAser to wait so that we could see if Chaco naturally returned to his normal townie posting style or not. Once Laser pointed out the discrepency then the test was tainted.
At that point, you were pretty strongly townreading Chaco and only had Laser as slight town, right? So, wouldn't Laser's case on Chaco still be useful for you in getting a read on Laser, when you already had a read on Chaco?

I had previously "insulted" frozen about "not knowing how to play town" and then you called him "less slimy" which is saying his scum play was slimy. He read it as a good natured ribbing about how badly he'd played previous games because he's self conscious about it. This might be a "macho culture" thing which you presumably have less personal experience with. But the "macho" response to being ribbed is to laugh at yourself and move on, which is what he did. Like your post, go "yeah yeah" and move on.

Just to make sure I'm not misreading. Does this mean scummates with? "wolf with" I guess?
Oohhh, yeah, that's makes sense, thanks.

"w/w" means potentially wolf/wolf. "Not w/w" means most likely not wolf/wolf.

Wam

Smash Ace
LaserGuy LaserGuy Didn't DH vote Somi over Wam at eod, while saying Frozen and I were super scummy and while Frozen and I were pushing Somi? I remember it being weird at the time.

OK, thanks, I misread that.

For the last part, say a bunch of town claim and there's no doc. If a scum claims last, they can claim a doc role or bulleproof or something and know they won't get counterclaimed.

So, first, what do you mean about going around in circles? I feel like you haven't been going in circles at all, you've been pushing me for like 3 straight Days?

Next, to be, clear, you're saying you targeted Sabrar and Chaco on the Night each of them died? They weren't in communication with you at any point? Is so, why target them? What was the rational? Were you not worried Chaco was going to die after Sabrar did?

I almost want to clear you for this? Like, if you are a scum!neighborizer, why not target someone you know is going to be alive on one of those nights? That's only if you are a neighborizer though, but we can make you target someone Tonight and confirm it.
By circles I dont mean me. I mean the thread were going to give back to the mid if day 1 and I will be 1 of the wagons eod again.

Yes targeted both of them the night they died. No communication. Sabrar I thought was too obvious town ti be the taregt of the kill. Chaco I thought was too scummy esp with syncs post. I disagreed with sync as I thought they putting far too much weight into the reading the heads separately.

There is a lot wine around defining a target ahead of the night but I will cave to the majority.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I'm going to continue my reread. I think the person I really need to nail down is Pythag. Will claim when pinged.

fontisian

Smash Champion
By circles I dont mean me. I mean the thread were going to give back to the mid if day 1 and I will be 1 of the wagons eod again.

Yes targeted both of them the night they died. No communication. Sabrar I thought was too obvious town ti be the taregt of the kill. Chaco I thought was too scummy esp with syncs post. I disagreed with sync as I thought they putting far too much weight into the reading the heads separately.

There is a lot wine around defining a target ahead of the night but I will cave to the majority.
Too obvious town to be killed? Explain?

If you thought Chaco was too scummy to die, were you worried at all you were neighborizing scum? Did you have any plan for that happening?

Top Bottom