• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things going in the nightly

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
From what I was told in the IRC by Cape/shanus, the beta/nightly build is going to go out in a day or two. Just so I don't forget what to upload before and after, what is exactly going in the nightly? I used leaf's suggestion to put in a "Download team textures?" option but then changed it to "Download enhanced pack?" or some similar question. (The list of what's in it will be in the site obviously)

= Standard Autoupdater List =

• Regular GCT, PACs, etc
  • The Brawl+ Title Screen
  • PW's Custom SSS back?
  • SSE Jungle stage replacing Temple

= Enhanced Option =

• Chibo's Team Textures pack
  • CSP with Buffer, WWR, SSE Jungle
  • Gecko OS background (had mixed opinions)

Anything else?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
No need to include the Gecko OS background imo. Gecko isn't used just for Brawl.

Make sure you inject the Buffer WWR and Jungle images in with Brawl Box or something and not overwrite the common5 file that's in my pac so everything still displays correctly. My pack includes both CSPs and CBPs with it for a full thing.

The Buffer CSP should be standard, not enhanced
WWR icons should be standard
If Jungle is on the codeset and is downloadable in standard, then icons for it should be standard as well

Is this actually going to be a new thing released nightly?

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
OK, I'll keep the Gecko OS background out. Some said they wanted it, others didn't, but the background in the long run doesn't really matter.

There is no way the buffer CSP is going in the standard, I'm gonna get a whole lot of complaints like "Where did my portraits go? Why did you put that in? Why overwrite it?" like I said earlier... which is what I'm trying to prevent.

I'd inject the buffer/WWR/Jungle images into a pre-existing CSP on the SD card however there is no way to do so with PHP, only via BrawlBox =(

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
again, this isn't a new thing thats going to be released nightly right? it shouldnt be called a nightly then. that term scares ppl

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Ohhhh now I see. Yeah, I know people are used to the term, but I put the "Brawl+ Beta Installer" instead.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
you know what we should do for the nightly? F***ING FIX NESS!

Anyway, I'm just waiting on GHNeko to set my FTP stuff to the B+ site, and I'll start uploading the nightly installer and related files. Be sure to upload to /downloads/fighter2/ when I create the directory :X

VietGeek

Smash Hero
if ness is so canonically powerful and awesome

why cant he just fix himself?

ugh srsly children these days

obv

Veril

Frame Savant
5.0 should be updated with Ness's fair buff removed and pkt cooldown speedup at 125%. I seriously don't think anyone opposes this and if such a person exists... they obviously haven't played 5.0.

It is a necessary fix and a new Ness .pac should replace the current one, officially. The one from Cape's set will do fine imo.

Top Bottom