• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theytah's pretty pixels: Round Two!

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Skype is fine and all but I think Youtube uploads would be best. You don't have to go crazy with production value, just clear and concise info on whatever it is you plan on covering. Similar to your current tuts would be great tbh

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Finished a tourney legal 64 Final destination, the runes even glow on top :p
Now before I say anything, I absolutely LOVE this stage. In my personal build I put in the Spear Pillar Background (Dialga Blue) and it looks stunning. My only gripe/nitpick is the lighting "glitches" in the released version that affect certain parts of the stage; for those who probably didn't notice it already compare the above image to the preview image made for Brawl Vault. Other than that this stage is perfect in my eyes.

Oh and in my spare time I made a new texture for that "Rainbow Sigil" in the center of the stage for those who prefer something more "Smash Bros" in its place:
FD 2.png
FD.png

The second image is for those who want their own "Symbol" in the middle. :)

NhgrtPlayer

Smash Cadet
Hey quick question I wanna throw out, if i did a thing where i'd like give lessons via skype with screen sharing and group calls, would anyone be interested?
That won't be great imo, Skype sucks for screen sharing + too much chaos
If you want to stream, just use Hitbox/Twitch, you'll be fine
And youtube videos are great, you can have feedback and polish your content, it should be way better

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Now before I say anything, I absolutely LOVE this stage. In my personal build I put in the Spear Pillar Background (Dialga Blue) and it looks stunning. My only gripe/nitpick is the lighting "glitches" in the released version that affect certain parts of the stage; for those who probably didn't notice it already compare the above image to the preview image made for Brawl Vault. Other than that this stage is perfect in my eyes.

Oh and in my spare time I made a new texture for that "Rainbow Sigil" in the center of the stage for those who prefer something more "Smash Bros" in its place:

Oh yes I know just what to do with this :yeahboi:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah

The lighting on the released version is because I used vertex coloring to add additional shading, if you want to disable it just set the color to use the register in the lightset0 for the stage materials.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
The lighting on the released version is because I used vertex coloring to add additional shading, if you want to disable it just set the color to use the register in the lightset0 for the stage materials.
Well.. "The more you know!" I guess! :) Thanks for getting back on that btw...

Do you mind showing me where to go to do this?

Edit: Nvm I got it. Just set the material source in light channel 1/0 under color to register. I did this to the sigil and sandstone materials on my end and it works just fine.

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Well.. "The more you know!" I guess! :) Thanks for getting back on that btw...

Do you mind showing me where to go to do this?

Edit: Nvm I got it. Just set the material source in light channel 1/0 under color to register. I did this to the sigil and sandstone materials on my end and it works just fine.
Dont touch the second lightchannel, it's almost never used and can **** stuff up if you edit it :p

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Another request filled, gonna stream the NES controller stage if I can.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Is it safe to say that Battlefield 64 will get the same treatment as Final Destination 64?

Edit: Nvm, watching the stream and its already confirmed! :) Someday I may add character shadows to FD64 if I learn how.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Hey Ryztiq Ryztiq ! Does your Metroid Prime Samus glow in the dark?
Another request filled, gonna stream the NES controller stage if I can.
Oh yeah, that's the one I requested! Super neat. Are you doing it wholly from scratch? I started a broken one a year ago.

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Is it safe to say that Battlefield 64 will get the same treatment as Final Destination 64?

Edit: Nvm, watching the stream and its already confirmed! :) Someday I may add character shadows to FD64 if I learn how.
I'll update the stage to have them.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I'll update the stage to have them.
Before I forget, can you probably put your N64 Final Destination over Palkia's Spear Pillar Background (Tengan_02 iirc) when you get the chance? I've been trying out the lights on the stage and I can't seem to get it right (too much color and the stage's details get lost, too little color and it'll look out of place), though I think my TV's color settings are getting at my self-proclaimed-OCD. :/ My primary goal was to some-what emulate lighting on Palkia's Spear Pillar with your Final Destination, but this is my first time experimenting with stage lights (found out about them through your stream actually). I'll post some progress later tomorrow if I get close.

Edit: Progress! If they lights are okay as they are, then you don't have to assist me Ryztiq Ryztiq .
al_160117_0214.png
al_160117_0215(1).png
al_160117_0215(2).png

Will need to get pictures showing the back side soon...

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Before I forget, can you probably put your N64 Final Destination over Palkia's Spear Pillar Background (Tengan_02 iirc) when you get the chance? I've been trying out the lights on the stage and I can't seem to get it right (too much color and the stage's details get lost, too little color and it'll look out of place), though I think my TV's color settings are getting at my self-proclaimed-OCD. :/ My primary goal was to some-what emulate lighting on Palkia's Spear Pillar with your Final Destination, but this is my first time experimenting with stage lights (found out about them through your stream actually). I'll post some progress later tomorrow if I get close.

Edit: Progress! If they lights are okay as they are, then you don't have to assist me Ryztiq Ryztiq .
View attachment 92606 View attachment 92607 View attachment 92608
Will need to get pictures showing the back side soon...
Yours looks fine, I've updated the stage on brawlvault and modulous to add shadows already though btw.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Here's the fruit of my lighting endeavors, oh and there's no pictures of the back of the stage because Windows 10 doesn't like bin2jpg and ssbb pic converter sometimes (or even black backgrounds for that matter). The lighting may look different than before because of my tendency to accidentally delete this stage for the um-teenth time.:
al_160117_1143.png
al_160117_1144(2).png
al_160117_1144(3).png

I'm thinking of putting this over another cool background, so give me a bit to find a another... then I'll upload both to mediafire on here for you all. ;)

Edit: Those images in the spoiler are interesting. In game the clouds have a more blue-ish hue, but exported into jpg the clouds have a strong violet/purple color... even when previewing the pictures in game the clouds are still blue...

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Here it is, 2 count 'em TWO alternate backgrounds for Theytah's N64 FD:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gytu5kc65g1jybg

First is Dialga's Spear Pillar (switched from Palkia's Spear Pillar)

Second is a Subspace Backdrop taken from Mewtwo2000's Neo Final Destination (with some slight texture work to bring out the colors)

This is just a progress release for now, but later I'll update the zip with complete lighting. After this, maybe I'll tackle N64 BF and put it over Palkia's Spear Pillar... ;)

Edit: Complete lighting Done!
New pictures to show differences:

Dialga Spear Pillar

Subspace

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
Here it is, 2 count 'em TWO alternate backgrounds for Theytah's N64 FD:
https://www.mediafire.com/?rjve8ejik7280uv

First is Dialga's Spear Pillar (switched from Palkia's Spear Pillar)

Second is a Subspace Backdrop taken from Mewtwo2000's Neo Final Destination (with some slight texture work to bring out the colors)

This is just a progress release for now, but later I'll update the zip with complete lighting. After this, maybe I'll tackle N64 BF and put it over Palkia's Spear Pillar... ;)
hmm, aren't the "holo-shields" hard to see with those backgrounds?

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
Hey theytah. I don't mean to rush you or anything, but how close are you to completing the first page of requests? I want to also see this "hoodie ganon".

Last edited:

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
Theytah is it ok if you post the pepe shine and update the rainbow falco shine to 3.6? Maybe something quick like a dropbox link in a comment? BTW I love your work! Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Just realized the Falco shine just needs a MiscData replacement...

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Hey Ryztiq Ryztiq ! Are you planning to create Yarn Kirby transformations at all? Or is that left to us to complete?
And I asked this a bit earlier, I'm not sure if you saw it, does Prime Samus Revisited have glowey bits, akin to the 3.6 Samus? It doth not specify on the Vault.

Last edited:

Guel

Smash Journeyman
Just found this thread. Cant believe what ive been missing. These are amazing! Wtf rock have I been living under?

Ive heard requests have been closed but going to leave this here anyway in hopes for the future. Would love a black shadow model to put over Ganondorf. The only current black shadow texture for ganondorf isnt too pretty. Please and thank you!

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Updated viking dedede and coinblock ivysaur!

When I originally made those two, I had almost no idea what i was doing with shading. So I remade all of their materials from scratch and even added ambient occlusion to the coinblock and hammer, enjoy :p

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Updated viking dedede and coinblock ivysaur!

When I originally made those two, I had almost no idea what i was doing with shading. So I remade all of their materials from scratch and even added ambient occlusion to the coinblock and hammer, enjoy :p
That coin block looks like it belongs in g-mod or something.

Top Bottom