• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thesis: Yoshi has an online-advantage.

Yikarur

Smash Master
a german Yoshi Main means that Yoshi has an online advantage.

and I'm asking myself if he was right and I want to hear about your opinion.

discuss pls

Chaco

Never Logs In
Spammy thread.

And nice try copying Niko, Ken, and Hylian with the discuss thing.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Yoshi totally does, because beating the b-air online is a *****. (if your not yoshi or some dude with a monster B-air...though usually they are too slow)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Um, no. SDing with Yoshi is common because of input lag, most of his ATs are too hard or maybe even impossible to pull off, and it's harder to chain-grab and GRS.

Really, the only boost that he gets is how much more effective his multi-hitting attacks are (harder to DI out of), and that's it.

auroreon

Smash Ace
I play Yoshi online ALOT as I live in the UK... a remote part of the UK :(. And I think I can safetly say that Yoshi definatly does not have any advantage online. The lag means that his ATs are much harder to pull off and often result in undesired affects which can lose u a stock... even though you KNOW you put the *Waaah!* (Yoshi noise language filter XD) input in correctly!
Even throwing eggs often produces the *Brring* egg-roll! At the moment Im trying to perfect that 'double-jump-canceled-egglay-makes-yoshi-do-some-giant-slide-accross-the-floor-into-the-egglay-not-sure-what-its-name-is-but-I-really-like-hyphens------------ok-i'll-stop-now' thing, its easy offline but when I try it online Im getting egg-rolls.

Anyway... online is a complete load of *Pum*.

StarYoshi14

Smash Rookie
I went to a live tournament last weekend, and I was amazed by Yoshi's (And Pokemon Trainer's) performance live. They are much easier to play live. Yoshi sucks online.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
It's hard for me to say, because except for CGs and DR, button lag has basically no effect on my game, while others seem to struggle with it. Even DR and CGs aren't too bad, they just take a lot of thinking three steps ahead of what you're doing.

Honestly, I think it's a possibility that Yoshi does well online if only because his pokes, Egg Toss, and aerials are a lot harder to answer online, and gimping Yoshi requires a decent amount of accuracy because of his air speed.

Top Bottom