• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I can't think of how they can make Impa interesting enough without being a partial clone outside of her HW portrayal, so that leaves Groose(cause he's awesome) to me. Demise is a severe spoiler, and not many actually see him as a really interesting character like Ghirahim is, so he isn't going to excite fans that much. Most just wanted Ganondorf to get a costume similar to him due to their relationship.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I can't think of how they can make Impa interesting enough without being a partial clone outside of her HW portrayal, so that leaves Groose(cause he's awesome) to me. Demise is a severe spoiler, and not many actually see him as a really interesting character like Ghirahim is, so he isn't going to excite fans that much. Most just wanted Ganondorf to get a costume similar to him due to their relationship.
The only interesting characters from Skyward Sword are, IMO, Ghirahim (sadly, he's an AT) and Fi/Fay/whatever it's pronounced :p

Since Groos went to the same Academy as Skyward Link, I can't think of a potential moveset without being a partial clone (maybe I just suck at giving movesets to characters)

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Feel free to clone Hyrule Warriors Impa. She's awesome.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Feel free to clone Hyrule Warriors Impa. She's awesome.
She's no Oracles!Impa, though. :awesome:

Hyrule Warriors is WAY too recent to be considered in Smash (which is bad, I wanted to see Link with that scarf)
Not as DLC, man. It's still Impa, just her biggest fighting role ever. One that makes her more interesting than others. Her sword usage could actually be very unique, albeit, I see slightly similarities with Shulk due to their sword size, but that's it.

As for Groose, I admit I never played the game. Or saw what he's like. I only saw memes. However, he alone would sell just because. He's a very popular character just in general. I'll have to play it/watch a playthrough.

Fi is interesting, and as Hyrule Warriors shows, can clearly hold her own. Also, she's the big sword in the relationship. :p

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Hyrule Warriors is WAY too recent to be considered in Smash (which is bad, I wanted to see Link with that scarf)
That scarf has seriously ruined every future Link for me. No Link will be complete without the scarf.

However, I'm not sure about the "too recent" thing. One thing that Sakurai has said repeatedly is that he does talk to developers and directors about "in progress" games when designing characters. Aonuma's new vision of the Zelda franchise has been in place for quite a while, as evidenced by both interviews and the radical departures some of the recent games have taken from the norm. A talk between Aonuma and Sakurai about Impa and how to implement her WOULD happen if she was chosen as a character, or if Sakurai was reviewing the Zelda franchise looking to see if the series has any potential new blood. In which case, the vision of Impa, even if not her fully fleshed out persona, would be ready.

Also, I believe she was one of the earliest completed characters for the game, and DLC doesn't exactly hold to the same restrictions.

kunimitsu877

Smash Apprentice
i suppose you can look at it that way but kid icarus uprising came out not that long ago and remember greninja is extremely recent as it came from x and y

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
This thread is getting kinda boring. I hope tonight's POTD has something mysterious in it so we can get back to theorizing.

kunimitsu877

Smash Apprentice
This thread is getting kinda boring. I hope tonight's POTD has something mysterious in it so we can get back to theorizing.
perhaps but remember the original post of this thread has to remove the thread 1st 1 person isnt going to cause the thread to disappear besides theres mutiple other threads on smashboards go enjoy them

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Today's POTD. Try to find the grayish Mr. Game & Watch hidden in the picture.

zlCfzSi0-_QqRB1Cpl.jpg

Do you think Mr.G&W and Ganondorf will be revealed on the site next?

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Today's POTD. Try to find the grayish Mr. Game & Watch hidden in the picture.
View attachment 27390
Do you think Mr.G&W and Ganondorf will be revealed on the site next?
It took me five seconds to find that Game & Watch. He's right next to Abomasnow in the top-middle.

Also, yes, I do. Hopefully soon. In fact I'll check right now.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Okay, now try to come up with a potential moveset
For a Medli + Makar tag team? Hell yeah.

---
Medli & Makar:
The player controls Medli while she carries Makar on her back. Standard attacks include pecking and slamming down on enemies with the Harp, and they also have a hover (like Peach) where Makar uses his fan to hold them up.

Standard Special: Harp: Medli plays her harp which will make close enemies fall asleep.
Side Special: Deku Leaf: Medli swings a leaf that blows enemies away.
Down Special: Deku Sprout: Makar plants a seed in the ground that grows into a tall tree. This can be used to attack or block enemy projectiles.
Up Special: Fly: Medli uses all her might to soar upwards.

Final Smash: Duet: Medli and Makar pull out their Harp and Violin respectively and begin playing it in tune to the Wind Waker theme. A magic circle appears between then and sucks in enemy players dealing massive damage and knockback.

---

You are welcome.
Why is this relevant to the topic, though?

zferolie

Smash Hero
If we were getting Hyrule warriors Impa, I would hope she used her Second weapon, the nagita. I freaking love that weapon

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well, the thing is, the more preposterous a character concept is, the more potential it has.
Just ask Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt (duo!).
And Villager, too.

Anyway, let's get back to the main topic.

Those 4 missing spaces: Data transfer from getting both version or future DLC?

Who would you like to see taking those spots?

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
And Villager, too.
Anyway, let's get back to the main topic.
Those 4 missing spaces: Data transfer from getting both version or future DLC?
I don't think the four unfilled spots mean anything.
The roster layout was not always planned to look the way it did. Lucina, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit all were not planned until the last minute; as such, the roster layout was hastily altered upon their conception, and if you remove them, the roster is even more uneven.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Time to answer my own post :p

1.Mewtwo
2.Roy (Awakening appearence with a completely new moveset that isn't cloned from Marth)
3.Masked Man (Because Mother needs a rep that isn't a Ness (semi-)clone)
4.Bomberman

Last edited:

Werner Herzog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jack_Sjunior
3DS FC
1864-9302-8583
If we were getting Hyrule warriors Impa, I would hope she used her Second weapon, the nagita. I freaking love that weapon
Oh my goodness, what a joy that would be! I would agree with others that Hyrule Warriors is too recent to have had much (if any) impact on Smash 4, but I like the idea of her as a Sheik/Zelda hybrid-esque character to appease people who liked the two as a transforming character in Melee/Brawl. It fits her character super well, and would explain why she would've been held back for DLC - I could totally see it as an idea Sakurai came up with after deciding to split those two up, especially if at that point he was aware of her role in Hyrule Warriors. Here's hoping; thanks to HW, suddenly I really want her in this game.

On top of that, I really think that if you're looking at the Zelda series for another rep and don't want to do another riff on Link/Zelda/Ganondorf (I'd love to see Ganon but I just can't see it happening, I'd be happy to be wrong), she's next in line and it's not even remotely close. She's the most frequently recurring supporting character in the series and she's been featured increasingly often recently. Her competition in that realm is pretty much non-existent. As much as I'd love for it to be Midna, she has one game to her name and likely won't have another. Same goes for Ghirahim, Zant, Groose, Skull Kid etc. Vaati would've been the prime contender a decade ago, but he's been M.I.A. for a loooooong time now. Too long, but I digress.

Boy, that was long-winded. Bottom line - I want Impa. I'm going to go play Hyrule Warriors again.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
yeah but Capcom didnt die, thats what I was getting at. The whole company of Hudson died. Capcom is still a company.
Well, technically, Konami shut them down, so they have the rights to re-create Hudson, or at least its characters. And with Snake appearing in Brawl, that proves that Sakurai has contacts with Konami (friends with Kojima)

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Mega Man still gets acknowledged by Capcom. Does Konami even acknowledge Bomberman at all?

so they have the rights to re-create Hudson
And the chances of that to happen is slim to none.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
And the chances of that to happen is slim to none.
Maybe because they don't see the opportunity. Smash is one of the most popular fighting game series out there and Sakurai gives extreme care to its entire roster (just look at all the references in Mega Man and Pac-Man's moveset, it seems like Sakurai gave more attention to them than the companies that own them).

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
Maybe because they don't see the opportunity. Smash is one of the most popular fighting game series out there and Sakurai gives extreme care to its entire roster (just look at all the references in Mega Man and Pac-Man's moveset, it seems like Sakurai gave more attention to them than the companies that own them).
To be fair, capcom is affraid to touch megaman since the creator left them.....they are afraid of ruining his ip forever (even though it got pretty bad...and then good again and then eh again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom