• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Also, guess which Captain Falcon clone just got revealed on the official website along with everybody's favorite robotic operating buddy?

http://www.smashbros.com/us/secret/

BTW, R.O.B. in HD looks f***ing GLORIOUS.
That Beast Ganon, though...

I guess they are revealed in order of matches required to challenge them, just like Brawl's DOJO!!

So I guess Game & Watch should be next, unless Sakurai decides to change the order, which would be pretty unusual, even for him.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
It also happens with European names, and my theory about it is to establish a difference between NSTC, PAL and Japanese versions of a game.
Speaking of PAL...sorry if I brought this up as if it has been discussed many times in the past posts, but I just felt I really wanna talk about it. You know about the character leaks regarding to Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie, Chorus Kids, and Impa? Although none of them have confirmed if the leak is real or fake yet, I do have some confidence that Impa might become a playable character.

I do think everybody knows this already, but as I was playing the Japanese version, I purchased an Impa trophy at the Trophy shop, but realized something odd in her name, which was written as インパ(時のオカリナ)/Impa (Ocarina of Time), rather than just Impa. As I tried comparing with the other sage with her, which is Saria, Saria didn't have the (Ocarina of Time) thing next to her name. I don't know if you call this strange, but usually playable characters have their series name next to their names as there are many other of themselves, such as Link in his playable version along with his Ocarina of Time, Spirit Train, etc. And as much I checked around, there's no other Impa trophy other than the Ocarina of Time version. So my question is...if this Impa trophy have the parentheses, does this mean there's another Impa trophy which represents her as a player?

If I'm mistaking as false, I'm sorry.:c

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Speaking of PAL...sorry if I brought this up as if it has been discussed many times in the past posts, but I just felt I really wanna talk about it. You know about the character leaks regarding to Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie, Chorus Kids, and Impa? Although none of them have confirmed if the leak is real or fake yet, I do have some confidence that Impa might become a playable character.

I do think everybody knows this already, but as I was playing the Japanese version, I purchased an Impa trophy at the Trophy shop, but realized something odd in her name, which was written as インパ(時のオカリナ)/Impa (Ocarina of Time), rather than just Impa. As I tried comparing with the other sage with her, which is Saria, Saria didn't have the (Ocarina of Time) thing next to her name. I don't know if you call this strange, but usually playable characters have their series name next to their names as there are many other of themselves, such as Link in his playable version along with his Ocarina of Time, Spirit Train, etc. And as much I checked around, there's no other Impa trophy other than the Ocarina of Time version. So my question is...if this Impa trophy have the parentheses, does this mean there's another Impa trophy which represents her as a player?

Yes, the trophy is titled "Impa (Ocarina of Time)"
However, this could easily have been to differentiate it from a ALBW Impa trophy that was scrapped.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

No, you have a point. However, if there was a Data Transfer, any Trophy information would get rewritten to show them as a Fighter or a new Trophy would appear for them. It only means much for the base roster. The same character can have multiple Trophies, after all, and I don't mean Classic and All-Star alone.

@ The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn : I honestly cannot tell. It's not obvious to me through the blur. That's why I'm wondering if somebody could properly de-blur it enough. I believe it, yes, but it's not that obvious overall. I think he did a good enough job for most people being unable to tell. I do find it weird, though.

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
I remember "Bomberman Hero". I rented it a lot when I was kid. Hard as hell, but somehow I managed to get pretty far in it. Not many people talk about it anymore, I'm happy to see somebody else bring it up.

Anyway guys, rememeber that this is a thread on Wii U theories, not about what characters you want to see in the game and such. Let's get back on topic (I don't want to sound like your dad, but there are other threads for this stuff). So, Sakurai just released a new pic of the day. It seems those "Master Orders" and "Crazy Orders" audio bits we heard last week weren't cut content after all. Get hype.View attachment 27463Now that this has been confirmed, I think it's safe to say all those other audio bits are real too. So, we have a Boss Battles mode. What could this mean? Does this add more credibility to the ToS leak? Well, we haven't heard any "Tower of Smash" audio yet, so most likely... No. I'm starting to believe more and more that the leak was a bunch of bullcrap. What do you guys think?
"Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU"

Going by that title wouldn't it actually be MORE on topic to talk about characters that could potentially be put into the game (upon or soon after the Wii U version's release for example) than talk about a blurred menu screen? (I don't want to sound like your crazy Aunt Nicole who loves to speculate on possible upcoming characters, but I was under the impression that's what the thread was for at the time I commented on it.)

But anyway, on the topic of Master "order" and Crazy "order", what do you guys think it will actually be? A classic mode type series of battles? Some kind of mini game where you grab coins/trophies? An endurance mode where you play as Master or Crazy hand and fight a random stream of CPU characters from the regular cast?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

You're right, there is only this Impa trophy is SSB4, although it could simply be there because Skyward Impa is a Wii U trophy

However I think the lack of trophy for Ridley is more suspicious. Why would Sakurai forget Samus' biggest (literally) rival/enemy?

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Yeah i gave you this one .

But hey ! This is not what everybody say with the ERSB leak ? I give to Mr Prince my doubt , not my trust ...
But i can't take over my excitement ... Hype for 8 player , 2vs2vs2vs2 , These crazy/Master order , Smash World ...

And yeah , i always hope for the character leak ... or even a teasing .
The ESRB leak had strong evidence to begin with. Photos and renders that looked professional and new. It was so likely it was real. Prince's leak was just blah blah text text and so much lies. This is not even comparable lol

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
...Man, some of you people actually think Sakurai would accept any third party character under the sun. Harvest Moon is not ever going to happen in Smash. Ever. Not unless Sakurai starts putting in a ton of third parties.

And I really enjoyed that GBA game.
Oh I know that, it would be nice though but I know it isn't happening. unlike ridely fans

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
But anyway, on the topic of Master "order" and Crazy "order", what do you guys think it will actually be? A classic mode type series of battles? Some kind of mini game where you grab coins/trophies? An endurance mode where you play as Master or Crazy hand and fight a random stream of CPU characters from the regular cast?
My guess is that you play as either hand, fight the entire roster in a similar fashion to All-Star Mode, then you battle against the other hand in the final stage.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
My guess is that you play as either hand, fight the entire roster in a similar fashion to All-Star Mode, then you battle against the other hand in the final stage.
Would this go against Sakurai's both versions of the game having the same playable characters?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Would this go against Sakurai's both versions of the game having the same playable characters?
Yes. You wouldn't be having the same "character experience" in that case. Unless it was a DLC mode for the other version, then it's possible.

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
While it's true that playing as Master Hand or Crazy Hand might not be in line with keeping the same playable characters on both versions, I think I'd be okay with that. I heard someone toss around the idea of some sort of playable boss mode on the Wii U where one player uses the... Big... Goofy... Controller with a screen on it thing and plays as a boss character like Master Hand or Ridley. I don't think there's any evidence to support that such a mode was even considered, but I think it would be a cool idea and I would be alright with those type of characters being Wii U exclusive.

But all that gold has me questioning this mode. If it were an all-star thing where you play as one of the hands I'd expect them to put Mario and Link and Pikachu in the image like they're ready to fight the hand or something. That image makes me suspect that maybe it's some sort of mini-game for collecting stuff (gold in particular, probably) quickly, like Trophy Rush.

Naoshi

If the sound files are real, the category where those modes are listed should be named "Special Orders" which makes me wonder what the "regular orders" are......
...Interesting point... huh?

D

Deleted member

You're right, there is only this Impa trophy is SSB4, although it could simply be there because Skyward Impa is a Wii U trophy

However I think the lack of trophy for Ridley is more suspicious. Why would Sakurai forget Samus' biggest (literally) rival/enemy?
Except Kraid is bigger. Remember him from Brinstar Depths in Melee?

Anyway, there has been so much speculation about Ridley, Impa, Mewtwo, Dixie, and Chorus Men that I really just want that to be a thing. I think those 5 characters would be extremely excellent additions to the roster and fulfill a lot of desires. Sure, not everyone's character will make it in, but I think that if these 5 made it in, the VAST majority of Smashers would be ecstatic.

So that might mean that if they don't make it in, a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Except Kraid is bigger. Remember him from Brinstar Depths in Melee?

Anyway, there has been so much speculation about Ridley, Impa, Mewtwo, Dixie, and Chorus Men that I really just want that to be a thing. I think those 5 characters would be extremely excellent additions to the roster and fulfill a lot of desires. Sure, not everyone's character will make it in, but I think that if these 5 made it in, the VAST majority of Smashers would be ecstatic.

So that might mean that if they don't make it in, a lot of people are going to be disappointed.
I forgot about Kraid.... -.-

I have an incredible faith in Mewtwo's return. If Doc made it to Sm4sh, why mewtwo wouldn't. Also, his trophy looks like Mega Mewtwo X with regular Mewtwo's textures.

EDIT: I just noticed your username was Mewtwo :D

Last edited:

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
"Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU"

Going by that title wouldn't it actually be MORE on topic to talk about characters that could potentially be put into the game (upon or soon after the Wii U version's release for example) than talk about a blurred menu screen? (I don't want to sound like your crazy Aunt Nicole who loves to speculate on possible upcoming characters, but I was under the impression that's what the thread was for at the time I commented on it.)

Go back and listen to the audio. It's Master "Orders" and Crazy "Orders". There. We're both wrong about something now. Now can we maybe not get so rude next time?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...le-absences-twitch-and-super-smash-bros.aspx?
So I just came across this; it's an interview with people from the Pokemon Company. Basically they say that all decisions about which Pokemon are in Smash are up to Mr. Sakurai.

Some people were saying earlier that Mewtwo may not be in Smash because the Pokemon Company didn't give the green light or whatever...but that does not seem to be the case.

So if Mewtwo is not in Smash, we have only one person to point our fingers at....

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, that leaves the bigger question; Why didn't Sakurai bring Mewtwo back? Assuming DLC/Data Transfer doesn't happen, hopefully he'll shed some light.

It's also why Pokemon Company can't speak up on which playables are in Smash. They don't decide it. Yes, Sakurai could've kept his mouth shut. But it's not like they could answer properly.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...le-absences-twitch-and-super-smash-bros.aspx?
So I just came across this; it's an interview with people from the Pokemon Company. Basically they say that all decisions about which Pokemon are in Smash are up to Mr. Sakurai.

Some people were saying earlier that Mewtwo may not be in Smash because the Pokemon Company didn't give the green light or whatever...but that does not seem to be the case.

So if Mewtwo is not in Smash, we have only one person to point our fingers at....
MASHPOTATOE SAMURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIII!!!!!

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Actually, on special orders, I did some searching in the 3ds version and noticed these sound clips only ever happen at the character select screen, not in intermediate menu screens. This implies special orders aren't a category that master orders and crazy orders fall under, but is instead a 3rd, parallel game mode. That would make Master and Crazy the regular ones, I guess?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I found a theory about the forbidden 4 (Dixie, Mewtwo, Ridley and Chorus Men) today by the creator of SSB4DOJO:

SSB4DOJO has speculated that this is the starting roster, with 4 unlockables from SSB4 3DS on this picture.

And yes this is a real picture from the ssb4 website:

Bowser Jr.
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Ness

Keep in mind, (at this point in time) Bowser Jr. and Jigglypuff are not revealed yet, so why show them here?
THEY ARE STARTER CHARACTERS!

And notice how there is 4 characters that supposedly turned to starters.

what if the forbidden 4 took there place as unlockables?

Naoshi

I found a theory about the forbidden 4 (Dixie, Mewtwo, Ridley and Chorus Men) today by the creator of SSB4DOJO:

SSB4DOJO has speculated that this is the starting roster, with 4 unlockables from SSB4 3DS on this picture.

Bowser Jr.
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Ness

Keep in mind, (at this point in time) Bowser Jr. and Jigglypuff are not revealed yet, so why show them here?

Probably very coincidental.. but that is an interesting theory I suppose.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

Bowser Jr.
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Ness

We have been having a dissucussion abut this on the Tower boards and we think this might just be a mock up. Still stragne to not have Falco or Wario but have :4bowserjr::4jigglypuff:

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice

Bowser Jr.
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Ness

This makes so much sense. I hope this is real, because if it is, I might finally be able to see my buddy Mewtwo again... *wipes tears from eyes*

Naoshi

Mewtwo getting in Smash Bros 4 would make me seriously happy. I just hope his design looks much better than his trophy.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
The most depressing part of that theory to me is that Jigglypuff's streak will be broken, but give me Mewtwo and Ridley please please pleaseeeee

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The most depressing part of that theory to me is that Jigglypuff's streak will be broken, but give me Mewtwo and Ridley please please pleaseeeee
Mewtwo, YESSS!!!!

But Ridley, it's gotta be hard to come up with a balanced moveset for him. Size ain't an issue, I've seen the original Metroid.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
Mewtwo, YESSS!!!!

But Ridley, it's gotta be hard to come up with a balanced moveset for him. Size ain't an issue, I've seen the original Metroid.
Size IS one of the many issues here. For Ridley, Sakurai would want a modern version of it, and all the modern versions are too large. Also the character is just a boring boss repeated over and over in the Metroid series. The character does not have a any personality. Ridley exists in the Metroid games as a boss that dies. Nothing more.

Every other single character in all of the 4 SSB games had a point in their games apart from just existing to die. Even G&W and similar characters created just for SSB have been given a personality and a reason for being. Ridley is not in SSB4 and I think people just need to accept this fact and move on. And also accept the fact that Sakurai got it right by not putting Ridley in the game as a playable character.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Size IS one of the many issues here. For Ridley, Sakurai would want a modern version of it, and all the modern versions are too large. Also the character is just a boring boss repeated over and over in the Metroid series. The character does not have a any personality. Ridley exists in the Metroid games as a boss that dies. Nothing more.

Every other single character in all of the 4 SSB games had a point in their games apart from just existing to die. Even G&W and similar characters created just for SSB have been given a personality and a reason for being. Ridley is not in SSB4 and I think people just need to accept this fact and move on. And also accept the fact that Sakurai got it right by not putting Ridley in the game as a playable character.
I guess the fans just have to deal with the fact that he's a stage boss for Pyrosohere

D

Deleted member

To be fair, its trophy design looks like Mega Mewtwo X with Mewtwo's textures.
Um, I don't think so. It's just that in later years, Mewtwo's head shrunk a little, or according to the anime. His original design, and the design used in Melee, depicted him with a larger head.
So that trophy is just a more updated depiction.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Um, I don't think so. It's just that in later years, Mewtwo's head shrunk a little, or according to the anime. His original design, and the design used in Melee, depicted him with a larger head.
So that trophy is just a more updated depiction.
Of course you'd know that thing about yourself (Just messing around with your username :D)

But could I have visual proof of this? I've never seen him that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom