• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
you shut your ***** mouth megaman will always be relevant. In here *points to her left kidney*
Two things:
1.I never said Mega Man was never revelant (at least not to us nostalgic gamers), all I meant to say was that his classic (and best) games were essentially dead as such games stopped showing up before I was born.
2.Shouldn't you point your heart? :p

Last edited:

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
Two things:
1.I never said Mega Man was never revelant (at least not to us nostalgic gamers), all I meant to say was that his classic (and best) games were essentially dead as such games stopped showing up before I was born.
2.Shouldn't you point your heart? :p
.....young blood.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Maybe because they don't see the opportunity. Smash is one of the most popular fighting game series out there and Sakurai gives extreme care to its entire roster (just look at all the references in Mega Man and Pac-Man's moveset, it seems like Sakurai gave more attention to them than the companies that own them).
No, I'm just saying that Konami would not recreate Hudson. They don't really need to create Hudson to get Bomberman in Smash.

(Unfortunately Bomberman has absolutely no chance in Smash unless Konami finally acknowledge his existance ever since they killed off Hudson)

I haven't seen him in anything Konami has done as of recent. Sad how a company can forget about a character they made.
To be fair, they didn't really create Bomberman. Hudson did.

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
I'd actually love to see Bomberman in smash. Next to Sonic, and then Mega Man, Bomberman would be my next choice for a third-party character. I actually really loved the Bomberman game on 64. I can't remember much about it other than that you could pump up bombs and that I enjoyed the plot, but I do remember that I really liked it and played all the way through it.

Unless we're counting Geno. I'd take him over Bomberman. Geno, Vaati, and Nester are the only three characters I can think of that haven't been in a smash game that could be added that would truly get me hyped. But Square will never let Geno join the roster, Nintendo will add Impa, Ghirahim, that weird looking bad guy from that other Zelda game, and probably Tingle before they'd consider adding Vaati, and Nester... I think those of us who would actually like to see him in Smash are too few and far between for it to ever happen.

But I'd like to think that just maybe Bomberman has a shot someday.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'd actually love to see Bomberman in smash. Next to Sonic, and then Mega Man, Bomberman would be my next choice for a third-party character. I actually really loved the Bomberman game on 64. I can't remember much about it other than that you could pump up bombs and that I enjoyed the plot, but I do remember that I really liked it and played all the way through it.

Unless we're counting Geno. I'd take him over Bomberman. Geno, Vaati, and Nester are the only three characters I can think of that haven't been in a smash game that could be added that would truly get me hyped. But Square will never let Geno join the roster, Nintendo will add Impa, Ghirahim, that weird looking bad guy from that other Zelda game, and probably Tingle before they'd consider adding Vaati, and Nester... I think those of us who would actually like to see him in Smash are too few and far between for it to ever happen.

But I'd like to think that just maybe Bomberman has a shot someday.
I would take a Harvest Moon rep over Bomberman, personally. It might not stretch quite as far back, or have as many releases, but it has a far greater percentage of its games on Nintendo consoles than the Bomberman series does.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I would take a Harvest Moon rep over Bomberman, personally. It might not stretch quite as far back, or have as many releases, but it has a far greater percentage of its games on Nintendo consoles than the Bomberman series does.
True, but Bomberman literally made a crossover with Wario and there are more Bomberman games on Nintendo consoles than Harvest Moon, making Bomberman more likely than any HM character.

Last edited:

Naoshi

...Harvest Moon of all things?

I mean I'm no hater of the series but ehhhhhhhhh?

Last edited:

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
Well. I'll admit that I was speaking out of personal preference. I've never played Harvest Moon.

For instance, I've always hated Dixie Kong, so I don't particularly want her in the game. The only Metroid game I've ever played all the way through is Super Metroid, which was a GREAT game, but Ridley in that game just felt like a generic enemy creature to me, not a character with any kind of personality (or even an interesting moveset) so I don't really care about Ridley getting into the game. In Hyrule Warriors Impa not only had a fun and creative fighting style but she had some personality in the story mode too. So for me personally, I'd take Impa over Dixie or Ridley, even though I know the vast majority of smash players would probably strongly disagree.

I could see a HM rep I suppose, along the lines of Villager, but I've never played it and I'm honestly not even sure how many HM games exist, so for me personally, I'd put Bomberman before HM.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
...Harvest Moon of all things?

I mean I'm no hater of the series but ehhhhhhhhh?
I can see it. It will be like another Villager. Using farm equipment for attacks. If that were to happen, I would play it all day everyday
I agree, the series offers great games, but nothing Smash-worthy.
Neither did Animal Crossing and look at the little cutie now.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I can see it. It will be like another Villager. Using farm equipment for attacks. If that were to happen, I would play it all day everyday

Another psychopath joins the battle! XD

Neither did Animal Crossing and look at the little cutie now.

Point taken, but it's a very popular Nintendo series, so it was bound to happen at some point, while Harvest Moon is a third-party sim that is really similar to AC, so it's less likely than that Psycho Villager.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Another psychopath joins the battle! XD

Point taken, but it's a very popular Nintendo series, so it was bound to happen at some point, while Harvest Moon is a third-party sim that is really similar to AC, so it's less likely than that Psycho Villager.
Except that the task of turning Harvest Moon characters into warriors was already done, by the game Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon. That game added a ton of potential moves, including magic and weapons, and fleshed out exactly how the farm implements would actually work in battle.

While it may be third-party, almost all of the Harvest Moon games have been on Nintendo consoles (seriously, I can think of only two original titles for other systems). The series has a huge history with Nintendo, and has had a game for every Nintendo system since the SNES (including handhelds) with the exception of the Wii U.

What's more, the history of the Rune Factory sub-series is even more interesting. When creating an anniversary celebration for the series, Yashimoto Hirofumi brought his concept to Satoru Iwata, not the head of Neverland, nor any of the Harvest Moon developers at Natsume (that gives you an idea of just how close Harvest Moon is to Nintendo). Neverland, the company that produced the series, filed for bankruptcy and closed. While the Rune Factory development team was hired by Marvelous AQL, the property rights for the series are in a more ambiguous status, as the team has thus far only worked on the game Forbidden Manga, not a new Rune Factory title. If the property rights were auctioned off as is usual for a bankrupt and closing company, it is possible that they were acquired by Nintendo.

I admit, this is all thoughts I developed to corroborate the leak I most want to be true, but a representative from Rune Factory would make a lot of sense to represent Harvest Moon as a whole, as the games are just Harvest Moon with weapons. And the series has such a huge history with Nintendo that, if it were first party, it would have been guaranteed a spot probably in Brawl.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Except that the task of turning Harvest Moon characters into warriors was already done, by the game Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon. That game added a ton of potential moves, including magic and weapons, and fleshed out exactly how the farm implements would actually work in battle.

While it may be third-party, almost all of the Harvest Moon games have been on Nintendo consoles (seriously, I can think of only two original titles for other systems). The series has a huge history with Nintendo, and has had a game for every Nintendo system since the SNES (including handhelds) with the exception of the Wii U.

What's more, the history of the Rune Factory sub-series is even more interesting. When creating an anniversary celebration for the series, Yashimoto Hirofumi brought his concept to Satoru Iwata, not the head of Neverland, nor any of the Harvest Moon developers at Natsume (that gives you an idea of just how close Harvest Moon is to Nintendo). Neverland, the company that produced the series, filed for bankruptcy and closed. While the Rune Factory development team was hired by Marvelous AQL, the property rights for the series are in a more ambiguous status, as the team has thus far only worked on the game Forbidden Manga, not a new Rune Factory title. If the property rights were auctioned off as is usual for a bankrupt and closing company, it is possible that they were acquired by Nintendo.

I admit, this is all thoughts I developed to corroborate the leak I most want to be true, but a representative from Rune Factory would make a lot of sense to represent Harvest Moon as a whole, as the games are just Harvest Moon with weapons. And the series has such a huge history with Nintendo that, if it were first party, it would have been guaranteed a spot probably in Brawl.
Then, if an HM rep would show up, eho would you want to see? Or would you want to see 8 differents characters as palette swaps?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

but I don't want those icky Rune factory characters I would want him

Or him

Last edited:

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Thats a damn shame. Bomberman was great. At least I thought it was. Bomberman Hero anyone remember that game? xD I played them all. Would be very nice to see Bomberman in Smash. To be honest it might just need that to get that boost of popularity and get back on the scene again. :)
I remember "Bomberman Hero". I rented it a lot when I was kid. Hard as hell, but somehow I managed to get pretty far in it. Not many people talk about it anymore, I'm happy to see somebody else bring it up.

Anyway guys, rememeber that this is a thread on Wii U theories, not about what characters you want to see in the game and such. Let's get back on topic (I don't want to sound like your dad, but there are other threads for this stuff). So, Sakurai just released a new pic of the day. It seems those "Master Orders" and "Crazy Orders" audio bits we heard last week weren't cut content after all. Get hype.
zlCfzSjBr0AXD_nf-0.jpg
Now that this has been confirmed, I think it's safe to say all those other audio bits are real too. So, we have a Boss Battles mode. What could this mean? Does this add more credibility to the ToS leak? Well, we haven't heard any "Tower of Smash" audio yet, so most likely... No. I'm starting to believe more and more that the leak was a bunch of bullcrap. What do you guys think?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Remember the Smash World leak ~
Remember two weeks after we found the Smash World Sound with Master/Crazy Order sound ~

Naoshi

...Man, some of you people actually think Sakurai would accept any third party character under the sun. Harvest Moon is not ever going to happen in Smash. Ever. Not unless Sakurai starts putting in a ton of third parties.

And I really enjoyed that GBA game.

Remember the Smash World leak ~
Remember two weeks after we found the Smash World Sound with Master/Crazy Order sound ~
Can we please not give Mr Prince any credit whatsoever? His posts reeked of bullcrapping... He got "Smash World" right, just one name, and an easy one at that. The rest of it was "here are all of the characters *insert unlikely stuff*; oops i was lied to nevermind!"

As for the soundclip leak, yeah, that one is definitely legit.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Well for you it's easy to say that . But remember , the game is translated in ... 7 language ? And well in France we never exept a mode called " Monde de Smash" (Smash World) because it's sound cheap and nintendo never doing cheap translate in French ...

Remember , the "Smash World" "Crazy/Master Order" sound leak is only in the US/English version . Not in the japanease , French , or any other language . Maybe leftover from the audio record for the two game at the same time ...

Naoshi

Well for you it's easy to say that . But remember , the game is translated in ... 7 language ? And well in France we never exept a mode called " Monde de Smash" (Smash World) because it's sound cheap and nintendo never doing cheap translate in French ...

Remember , the "Smash World" "Crazy/Master Order" sound leak is only in the US/English version . Not in the japanease , French , or any other language . Maybe leftover from the audio record for the two game at the same time ...
I don't see what that has to do with Mr Prince's "leak". I wasn't trying to debunk the sound clips, I was debunking Mr Prince's posts, there is hardly any validity due to his behavior and lies. The sound rips are real, I know that!

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Yeah i gave you this one .

But hey ! This is not what everybody say with the ERSB leak ? I give to Mr Prince my doubt , not my trust ...
But i can't take over my excitement ... Hype for 8 player , 2vs2vs2vs2 , These crazy/Master order , Smash World ...

And yeah , i always hope for the character leak ... or even a teasing .

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well for you it's easy to say that . But remember , the game is translated in ... 7 language ? And well in France we never exept a mode called " Monde de Smash" (Smash World) because it's sound cheap and nintendo never doing cheap translate in French
No cheap translate, huh? Then, what about "Créa-Main" (Master H.) and "Dé-Mainiaque" (Crazy H.)? Sounds like really bad puns, IMO (because they are)

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
No cheap translate, huh? Then, what about "Créa-Main" (Master H.) and "Dé-Mainiaque" (Crazy H.)? Sounds like really bad puns, IMO (because they are)
They not cheap , because is the name for her job ." Crea-Main" say " The Hand who create" and "De-Mainiaque" Is a play with word who say " Demonic Hand who destruc all" and thas was they are . The hand who create the world and the hand who destroy it . Like her behaviour during the battle .

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yeah i gave you this one .

But hey ! This is not what everybody say with the ERSB leak ? I give to Mr Prince my doubt , not my trust ...
But i can't take over my excitement ... Hype for 8 player , 2vs2vs2vs2 , These crazy/Master order , Smash World ...

And yeah , i always hope for the character leak ... or even a teasing .
I have some serious doubts about 8-player Smash. I don't think my mind would be able to process it (especially if I turn on items and play in a scrolling stage). Plus, how would it work?

Remember the ESRB leak? Well, there was some DLC announced with it, which turned out to be fake. I believe 8-player Smash is the elephant in that closet because it'd be impossible to actually play due to the overload of chaos

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Yeah , the leaker create the fake annoncer voice for a yellow team and data from the game with P1 to P8 ! Sound Pretty not Logic !

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
They not cheap , because is the name for her job ." Crea-Main" say " The Hand who create" and "De-Mainiaque" Is a play with word who say " Demonic Hand who destruc all" and thas was they are . The hand who create the world and the hand who destroy it . Like her behaviour during the battle .
They're still really bad puns, if you ask me.

And "Monde de Smash"? Please, Brawl's Adventure Mode is literally called "Émissaire Subspatial" in France.

(BTW, I'm not French, I just happen to know some people from there.)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
They're still really bad puns, if you ask me.

And "Monde de Smash"? Please, Brawl's Adventure Mode is literally called "Émissaire Subspatial" in France.

(BTW, I'm not French, I just happen to know some people from there.)
Yeah Monde de Smash is a bad one , but Emissaire Subspatial is a very good one ! It's litteraly "Subspace Emissary"

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yeah , the leaker create the fake annoncer voice for a yellow team and data from the game with P1 to P8 ! Sound Pretty not Logic !
You are all being blinded by hype. It's not because two of these sound files are real than the others necessarily are. Maybe Sakurai will decide to remove certain modes (Like 8-player Smash) becuase they don't work the way he wanted it. Also, they guy who found these sound files could've made up some of them by altering his voice so it could get more attention (much like the DLC in the ESRB leak)

Yeah Monde de Smash is a bad one , but Emissaire Subspatial is a very good one ! It's litteraly "Subspace Emissary"
Well, unless my French is getting rusty, I'm pretty sure "Monde de Smash" is nearly identical to "Smash World" (World of Smash)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
You are all being blinded by hype. It's not because two of these sound files are real than the others necessarily are. Maybe Sakurai will decide to remove certain modes (Like 8-player Smash) becuase they don't work the way he wanted it. Also, they guy who found these sound files could've made up some of them by altering his voice so it could get more attention (much like the DLC in the ESRB leak)

Well, unless my French is getting rusty, I'm pretty sure "Monde de Smash" is nearly identical to "Smash World" (World of Smash)
Well the "guys who found it" is one of the most important sound ripper from Sound-resource .

And well yeah your right about Smash world . That's why us , French , don't trust at the begining the leak .

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Well the "guys who found it" is one of the most important sound ripper from Sound-resource .

And well yeah your right about Smash world . That's why us , French , don't trust at the begining the leak .
*sits back and sips coffee while enjoying the argument*

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
And yet, some parts of it are real. And if you think "Monde de Smash" is cheap translation, imagine "Master/Crazy Orders".

Also, may I remind you that Japanese is the original language, so the US/English sound files are also translations. I stand corrected, @ Nekoo Nekoo

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
And yet, some parts of it are real. And if you think "Monde de Smash" is cheap translation, imagine "Master/Crazy Orders".

Also, may I remind you that Japanese is the original language, so the US/English sound files are also translations.
I quote myself for you .

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Hi everyone!
My name's zony514, and I'm new to this Smashboards. Nice to meet ya!

About the English's Master Order/Crazy Order and Japan's Master Side/Crazy Side part, they're pretty much the same but they rather use the word which pretty much fit to understand. Japanese might have chosen "side" rather than "order" because that can mean anything which might misunderstand something as buying something. It's like how "Smash Run" is called "Field Smash" in Japan. This happens many times when it comes to names between Japanese and English version, which I sometimes hardly understand for some reasons...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Anyway, unless somebody can successfully take the blurred out parts and blatantly shows it says "Master Orders" and "Crazy Orders", it's not literally confirmed. But I won't deny it's beyond likely this regardless. Unless it has a new name and those are old planned beta names.(which I doubt, but I want to wait and see)

It's now a matter of waiting.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Hi everyone!
My name's zony514, and I'm new to this Smashboards. Nice to meet ya!

About the English's Master Order/Crazy Order and Japan's Master Side/Crazy Side part, they're pretty much the same but they rather use the word which pretty much fit to understand. Japanese might have chosen "side" rather than "order" because that can mean anything which might misunderstand something as buying something. It's like how "Smash Run" is called "Field Smash" in Japan. This happens many times when it comes to names between Japanese and English version, which I sometimes hardly understand for some reasons...
It also happens with European names, and my theory about it is to establish a difference between NSTC, PAL and Japanese versions of a game.

Also, welcome to Smashboards!

Anyway, unless somebody can successfully take the blurred out parts and blatantly shows it says "Master Orders" and "Crazy Orders", it's not literally confirmed. But I won't deny it's beyond likely this regardless. Unless it has a new name and those are old planned beta names.(which I doubt, but I want to wait and see)

It's now a matter of waiting.
It's obviously the word "Orders" that are blurred out. Just look closely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom