• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Also, just found this?

Which is still misspelled...

"
I got a mysterious email just now. It went like this.

Dear Choppasmith,

You won’t know me, but I’ve been a long time lurker on Know Your Meme and you seem like a trustworthy guy. I’ve got a hot scoop that I think people deserve to see. So yeah, that Agnes leak is real, but the so called leaker is making fake pics to mislead people. So I’ve decided to send you a legit screenshot of her to clarify things. As you can see, the real render is quite close to his fake one, but that’s completely a coincidence and not at all a result of me editing the same bit of official art! This is 100% real, I swear on me mam’s grave!

Regards,

A fan

Well I’m convinced."

Found that on know your meme.

I guess the email was just poking fun at how anyone could just edit the official artwork.

Its a shame. I'd have LOVED to have seen Agnès.

ITS FAKE UNFORTUNATELY. ITS HER OFFICIAL RENDER OF HER BODY WITH A DIFFERENT FACE. COMPARE:

Official artwork: (pay attention to her body below her head)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I highly doubt such a huge name misspelling would exist for the real version.

However, I can see a part cut out of the roster(a full row, hence the lack of Pokemon and other starters) to make the image look fake enough so the person can't be caught. But couple that with the weird artstyle, poorly done font(although a good try overall, it just doesn't really match), and as noted, the incorrectly done name... I just don't buy it. Even the ERSB leak was more properly done than this.

I don't have a problem with the choice, and I'm pretty sure Square-Enix is not going to allow them the use of another Mario character over one of their own series first. They may own the character, but he's not nearly as important to them. FYI, Geno was in the first Mario & Luigi because it was a Mario game and is just a simple cameo, one they had to pay for. Geno is also from a lesser known game. Super Mario RPG is niche even by Mario games standards. It's among the least known games, much like Mario is Missing and some of the PC ones.(Hotel Mario can even be argued as more known due to YouTube and its cutscenes. Obviously, which one is more liked is another story)

So at least the character choice is very realistic. New, popular, appeals to classic FF fans... although I don't know what she's supposed to be like since I never played the game. What type of class is she basically? Sword user? A Magic user with a weapon(of which kind I don't know. By weapon I mean something besides a simple Wand or Tome. One that's more used physically than just to cast magic)? A bow user? Etc.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Btw . The screen who show Haruka/Agnes/Chorus Men/Bag are a fack by a neogaf user to irronicaly show how to create a leak .

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Can we please focus on real theories and leaks now instead of rambling on and on about an obviously fake leak? Thank you.

So, that uncovered Smash audio; future DLC or dropped content?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Can we please focus on real theories and leaks now instead of rambling on and on about an obviously fake leak? Thank you.
So, that uncovered Smash audio; future DLC or dropped content?
The Smash World stuff?
Depends.
I personally think for whatever reason it's Wii U stuff they ported over the 3DS version but forgot to remove it.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Actually, if you didn't knew it yet, the DK, Yoshi and Wario series aee considered as Mario sub-series, so I was right the first time.
But they now separated . DK have his series , Same for yoshi , same for wario .

Sub-series or not , it's a another series .

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Dr. Mario
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Rosalina
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Wario

TOTAL: 11 Mario reps

I think I made my point......
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Bowser, Bowser Jr.(and his 7 Alts), and Dr. Mario are the only official Mario reps. They are 100% determined by the specific Mushroom Symbol. Those last 4 aren't anywhere close to Mario reps and their own series. FYI, Mario started off in a Donkey Kong game, so called DK a Mario rep is... ludicrous. It's the other way around if anything. Each alt has their own name, and victory phrases, and even voices. They count more as Mario reps since they're entirely different characters. I would not care about 8 Mario reps(which is what Geno would strictly add), but there's actual Square-Enix series to rep first. Especially playable. I'd take Geno as a Bonus character, but only after other series get proper representation and far more. Wolf is back, Lucas is back(unfortunately, Ice Climbers are likely goners till Smash 5), maybe another for StarFox, Metroid gets a 3rd character without the name of Samus(no Dark Samus. Oy. You have a lot of other ones besides what would only be added as a partial clone if we're lucky), F-Zero a second character, another Pikmin character as a partial clone perhaps, another WarioWare rep(it looks clear to me Land is not going to get him much, but we still have Mona at least?), Snake back, Mewtwo back, maybe a second, third, or fifth Gen Pokemon, other potential 3rd Party candidates, and so on.

Mario already having 7 reps(or 14 if you count the Koopalings separately, as the are different people. You could also say that Pikmin has 2 characters technically), so it's pretty solid. My biggest issue is still that Geno himself is nothing more than yet another Mario character, but the fact that Square-Enix wouldn't be repping their own franchise means them doing this is so beyond unlikely it hurts. DLC I can believe, but nothing beyond that. Only if their own series character is there first.

Also, let's make this clear; Donkey Kong Country was never a sub-series of Mario. It's a sub-series and spin-off of the Donkey Kong Arcade series. Officially too. Yoshi and Wario may have started off that way, but they absolutely represent their own series now(especially as playable, as they got their own symbol, which represents their Universe alone). Being "related" to their parent series only matters if they keep the same symbol. As of now, Waluligi is a WarioWare character in Smash. Why, we don't know. Sakurai has collectively referred to Red's design, Calem's design, and Seren's design(all game versions) as Pokemon Trainer in some way. He just views the protagonists as classes more than characters, clearly by now. Misty is the only properly named Trainer, but she's also a Gym Leader(and they used her specific anime design in Melee). Sakurai does not think of things in the same way as we do; The only thing that is blatantly clear is that in a specific entry in Smash, if they fall under one series Symbol, that is their official series in that game. It can change, yes. Giga Bowser is now considered part of the Mario representation, even as a Transformation. He was first a SSB character. Mii Fighters is considered an SSB character, just due to the fact that it's designed to be an original Smash style character. It's likely they were probably part of the Find Mii series, but got changed upon being chosen as a fun representation for the new Fighting "name" Team. Or Small Fry Corps as called in Japan.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
But isn't that pretty much what SSB4 has turned out to be? The roster is outright dedicated to marketing newer games...

(The only breather we got was Duck Hunt Dog, everything else literally screams marketing to me)
Well, I'm just saying adding a character for solely promotion is not the greatest idea. (See: DmC Dante and such's inclusions in the Sony game.)

Yes, a lot of characters in Smash did gain popularity due to exposure for being in the series, but their major reason was likely not because of "let's hype up their sales!".

Are you joking? Marty and Roy were ONLY in Melee to promote the upcoming GBA Fire Emblem games.
Marth wasn't in Melee due to promoting the next FE game, he's not even in that FE game. Roy was, fair enough, that is actually true, but that's just one example so far. Even then he didn't come back to the Smash series.

Shulk is in promoting the second Xenoblade AND the first one being released on the new 3DS.
No, Shulk got in because there's a fanbase for Xenoblade and many people wanted him in Smash. His game was succcessful, so he has earned his spot. I doubt his upcoming 3DS port is why he's in Smash.

Samurai even just said in a Famitsu interview that one of the factors that go into character selection is whether or not the characters series is still relevant, and if they have any upcoming games.
That doesn't mean he should start only adding characters for "promotion".

What I'm trying to get at that he's adding characters that has earned their spot. Maybe Agnes does earn her spot, but when it comes to third parties, Sakurai has for the record said it's only for special occasions. Otherwise he'd start adding in so many of them. He's very selective with his choices, I doubt "this franchise needs sales, put them in Smash!" is a factor, with Roy being an exception.

I want Isaac more than anything, but let's face it. Golden Sun died in 2010. It's done. Over. BD is already more popular.
Goldensun actually historically outsold BD by a longggg shot. BD has only reached ~300k in America, while the first two Goldensun games has far surpassed that (first one sold 740K in America). Then again the DS game did flopped, I wonder if it's due to how poorly received it was amongst fans? Of course just statistically speaking. I don't think Isaac has a chance either anymore sadly.

Agnès is another female addition and has an insane amount of moveset potential, just based on the job system in the game. Even the Overdrives or "Limit Breakers" are perfect ideas for Final Smashes.
Well that's actually a decent reason to add in Agnes (I don't ever expect it to happen though).

and Little Mac Punch Out Wii came out in 2009.
Are you suggesting that Little Mac was added in SSB4 just for the sake of getting his games to sell? I seriously doubt that's the case. The game came out 5 years ago, I don't think Nintendo would seriously expect a sudden surge in sales for it. He was added because he became relevent again and he has a fanbase.

I'm starting to think you guys are kind of missing the whole point of my argument. I still just disagree with the idea of adding a character in just for the sake of getting their games sold. There should be more reasons than just that. Especially when it comes to third parties.

Also, just found this?

"

Dear Choppasmith,

You won’t know me, but I’ve been a long time lurker on Know Your Meme and you seem like a trustworthy guy. I’ve got a hot scoop that I think people deserve to see. So yeah, that Agnes leak is real, but the so called leaker is making fake pics to mislead people. So I’ve decided to send you a legit screenshot of her to clarify things. As you can see, the real render is quite close to his fake one, but that’s completely a coincidence and not at all a result of me editing the same bit of official art! This is 100% real, I swear on me mam’s grave!

Regards,

A fan

Well I’m convinced."

I guess the email was just poking fun at how anyone could just edit the official artwork.

ITS FAKE UNFORTUNATELY. ITS HER OFFICIAL RENDER OF HER BODY WITH A DIFFERENT FACE. COMPARE:

Are you surprised? It was obviously fake from the beginning.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think it's fair to say some characters are in there to promote very recent/new games. Roy was definitely added for the sole purpose of advertising. Pichu also pretty much is a Gen II advertiser(more so if a rumor Famitsu article on a forum post, which is unreliable by default, is true), which was still pretty hot during that time. Gen III did not exist yet. Keep in mind that the clones were last minute additions, but not all were in just because they fit. Roy was for FE, Pichu well represented Gen II. The rest, yeah. I'm pretty sure that OOT/Master Quest came out way too late for Young Link to be some advertisement. If anything, Sakurai likes Child Link at best(and he has made it somewhat clear he finds him interesting as a concept). Falco was blatantly popular anyway. Dr. Mario was there for the hell of it and he'd make sense as a clone(my theory is that reskinning attacks was not very easy during Melee to apply to one person via an Alt. It's easier nowadays, of course. Never mind the sound effect. Probably wasn't worth making the files trigger each file change upon selecting that alt over a quicker clone). Ganondorf was no promotion, but he was there just because Sakurai thought it'd worked well. Even more notably, he did pretty much say he wasn't going to be added outside of a clone. So yes, the fact he was a clone and still partially is was inevitable. Sakurai didn't view him as important enough on his own, just that he had the same body style. It may also help that Ganondorf does not have a sword in OOT, and the tech demo sword barely appeared and never in the official gameplay(which is why it only shows up in a Victory Screen pose). The kicker is that Ganondorf is an immense powerhouse who can clearly pull off most of Captain Falcon's moves in a modified way and it makes actual sense. He has the Triforce of Power. He uses magic. It worked. That's not to say I wouldn't mind him having a projectile now. ;)

But many definitely aren't. Some were given retro designs because they're awesome. Even if they're not from a currently retro game itself.(Pac-Man and MegaMan are very recent characters, but we're designed in a retro style, respectively).

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Look guys, I don't see why you have to point out every character that isn't an advertisement for modern games. No one's saying every character is, but Sakurai himself said that a key factor in selecting characters is "if they have a future".

Naoshi

Look guys, I don't see why you have to point out every character that isn't an advertisement for modern games. No one's saying every character is, but Sakurai himself said that a key factor in selecting characters is "if they have a future".
My actual argument is that they shouldn't add a third party character solely for advertisement. It's a weak and silly reason to do that, look at what happened to PSASBR. People countered my argument with a lot of modern Nintendo character and claims they were added for promotion/advertisement.

The other reasons for Agnes is sound though (such as her "representing" FF in some way), so I can see where you people are coming from. I was only just a bit irked at the advertisement reason.

Last edited:

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Also, just found this?

"

Dear Choppasmith,

Regards,

A fan

Well I’m convinced."

It's fake. You can see the player 2 token is on a character obviously named Chorus Kids, but instead it shows Agnes? Yeah, no.
EDIT: Yeah, I didn't think you guys would get fooled XD

Last edited:

Naoshi

It's fake. You can see the player 2 token is on a character obviously named Chorus Kids, but instead it shows Agnes? Yeah, no.
That is actually a photoshop of the leak. A joke done by someone on NeoGAF.

edit: er hold on, the image function is glitching

http://i.imgur.com/nscqWdr.jpg

this is the actual leaker's picture

EDIT2: wow the IMG tag wont disappear lol my post is glitchy now

but yeah regardless, it's definitely fake

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I figure that was a fraud

Oh one more thing a remember that data dumb with blue (phroto man)

Forget that dump hes a collectable trophy (grim chance for dlc for short but still possible.)

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Alright I might as well bring a old theory from the esrb leak as you all might know there's 593 trophies in ssb4 for the 3ds what's weird is that that's only 7 off from 600 now what's even weirder is that the 3ds roster screen was found to have that arrow...now of course we did find stage dlc so it is possible that it might just be dlc however let's talk the wii u version. So I suppose yes we have heard about the 3ds/2ds being a controller but something seems odd why would sakurai want you to buy both versions? Well of course marketing but like most people here transferring could do. Now before someone shoots me down and then says both rosters have to be the same they will. Also if you don't believe me still go ahead and look at how much data is missing on the 3 ds version. Now the 7 characters you may ask well smash world leak is fake since wonder red was downright disconfirmed. So I guess it's up to sakurai who he wants to put in.

Naoshi

Alright I might as well bring a old theory from the esrb leak as you all might know there's 593 trophies in ssb4 for the 3ds what's weird is that that's only 7 off from 600 now what's even weirder is that the 3ds roster screen was found to have that arrow...now of course we did find stage dlc so it is possible that it might just be dlc however let's talk the wii u version. So I suppose yes we have heard about the 3ds/2ds being a controller but something seems odd why would sakurai want you to buy both versions? Well of course marketing but like most people here transferring could do. Now before someone shoots me down and then says both rosters have to be the same they will. Also if you don't believe me still go ahead and look at how much data is missing on the 3 ds version. Now the 7 characters you may ask well smash world leak is fake since wonder red was downright disconfirmed. So I guess it's up to sakurai who he wants to put in.
I have no idea what you're saying? There's 685 trophies on Smash Bros 3DS.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Actually, Brawl had 593 trophies and it had been confirmed that files for 7 "forbidden" characters were found (3 of these were added in Project M 3.0)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Also, just found this?

"

Dear Choppasmith,

Regards,

A fan

Well I’m convinced."

Just wondering, who's the "-ka" character next to Agnes?

Bag tho :rotfl:

-Edit- found out it's someone named Haruka. Not sure what game she's from though

I was thinking Idolmaster Haruka but her hair seems a bit too short and she doesn't wear yellow ribbons often in official art

Last edited:

Naoshi

Just wondering, who's the "-ka" character next to Agnes?

Bag tho :rotfl:

-Edit- found out it's someone named Haruka. Not sure what game she's from though
She's from an anime I think? It's a joke pic once again. A photoshop of the fake leak, which is also itself a photoshop

So a photoshop of a photoshop

I'm not sure why the guy posted that joke pic though lol

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Ok my apologies guys actually it's 686
(**** double post)

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I don't know why people are being so rude in here. It wasn't obviously fake to me, and so I debunked it myself. So I found out on my own that it was fake.

Marth was in Melee to promote the new FE game at the time. He was representing the series. Maybe not that exact game, but the series. You can look up this information. They even considered not having them in the game at all.

And actually Bravely Default is more popular than Golden Sun, at least in Japan. Sure you can bring up Americas sales, but unfortunately these games are developed by American companies, or even people. Look at Japan's sales of each game. I'm the biggest golden sun fan there is but its just it the way it is. Golden Sun caught on more here than it did in Japan. :/

Same for Shulk. Sakurai said himself that he decided based on whether or not the series has a future. The game was successful and has more in the works. I doubt most would agree that he "earned" his spot in Smash after one game. It's because of sales and MONEY. That's why they're making this game after all in the FIRST place.

Regardless it doesn't matter if you think characters need to "earn" their spot. Smash is all about promotion and future sales.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Naoshi

Marth was in Melee to promote the new FE game at the time. He was representing the series. Maybe not that exact game, but the series. You can look up this information. They even considered not having them in the game at all.
Roy was the promoted character, not Marth. Marth got in because Fire Emblem needs representation, FE is a consistent seller in Japan and has many sequels, Marth's inclusion in Melee was NOT solely for an advertisement for the series. Marth was always considered to be in Melee, it was that they were unsure to keep the characters for overseas because we never had a FE game released at the time. They decided to keep them as is... because let's be real. Gimping the roster for different regions would've been awful.

Same for Shulk. Sakurai said himself that he decided based on whether or not the series has a future. The game was successful and has more in the works. I doubt most would agree that he "earned" his spot in Smash after one game. It's because of sales and MONEY. That's why they're making this game after all in the FIRST place.
It could easily mean that relevant characters gets more priority over others, to ensure to create bigger hype and keep the All Stars feel of the game. They have limited development time, so it makes sense they stick with relevancy.

Shulk getting a n3DS port should not have any affect on his inclusion. The game started in development in 2012 and the roster was finalized (meaning Shulk was planned from the start), I seriously doubt Xenoblade 3DS was in the works at the time. Besides, he's nearly as recent as Little Mac, whose only recent game came from 2009 with no new Punch-Out on the horizon. I really don't know why you assume so much that Shulk solely got in for advertisement.

Regardless it doesn't matter if you think characters need to "earn" their spot. Smash is all about promotion and future sales.
No, Smash is about Nintendo and their history and all their mascots beating the crap out of each other. Smash Bros may function as an advertisement machine, but that's not its main purpose. Its main purpose is fanservice, and lots of it.

Adding characters just for the sake of advertising is a terrible idea. Adding a random third party character for only advertisement would be just weird and off putting.

That's all I'm going to say on the subject. I've made my stance clear, hopefully.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Also, just found this?

"

Dear Choppasmith,

Regards,

A fan

Well I’m convinced."

omg that looks horrible. But is there was going to be a real Bravely Default character, I would want Ringabel

Last edited:

kunimitsu877

Smash Apprentice
if their were another f-zero rep heres what i would do what people seem to forget is captain falcon lost all of his smash attacks(and 1 aerial attack) from 64 so any f-zero character whether it be jody summer black shadow or even blood falcon they could simply reuse the old attacks captain falcon doesnt use anymore lazy perhaps but hey if it worked for dr.mario it can work for this who agrees

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Captain Falcon also has multiple clones(although the technically was made from the same model as the original chracters in Dragon King: The Fighting Game, so he might be the first clone, well, ever. If this is the case, then Polygon Falcon was likely made first. Just a recolored version of the original characters. Anyway, he has Male Wire Frame, Ganondorf, and Red Alloy), only one of those are playable.

...I'd rather have Samurai Goroh than another Falcon-based moveset. Or someone far more unique. There's a lot of F-Zero characters, after all. And we still have no Samurai playable.

kunimitsu877

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon also has multiple clones(although the technically was made from the same model as the original chracters in Dragon King: The Fighting Game, so he might be the first clone, well, ever. If this is the case, then Polygon Falcon was likely made first. Just a recolored version of the original characters. Anyway, he has Male Wire Frame, Ganondorf, and Red Alloy), only one of those are playable.

...I'd rather have Samurai Goroh than another Falcon-based moveset. Or someone far more unique. There's a lot of F-Zero characters, after all. And we still have no Samurai playable.
i agree with your idea but the reason i mentioned jody summer black shadow and blood falcon is because they seem to be the most common requests i see for an f-zero rep also it would actually still be unique since the attacks themselves that were removed werent just minor alts oh no they were completely unique very different from what falcon has now

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
i agree with your idea but the reason i mentioned jody summer black shadow and blood falcon is because they seem to be the most common requests i see for an f-zero rep also it would actually still be unique since the attacks themselves that were removed werent just minor alts oh no they were completely unique very different from what falcon has now
Well, to be fair, Falcon has most of his 64 moves. There are clear differences, of course.

Regardless, Blood Falcon could be interesting if he took Ganondorf's old moveset while Toon Ganondorf stepped up to plate. TP Ganondorf would be out for this to work, though. Also, a few customs would need to be modified, since Blood Falcon has no sword. I don't remember if he ever used a weapon, heh.

Jody at least has a gun, and Black Shadow does seem like he could use Ganondor'fs exact moveset without issues. I doubt it'd get too much complaints myself, but many want to play as Falcondorf too. Just taking that out could alienate some of the fanbase. It's a risky move, respectively. Not a bad one, imo. ...Although a Black Shadow alt for Ganondorf would be okay, I guess. Even with the sword, maybe slightly changed design-wise?

kunimitsu877

Smash Apprentice
Well, to be fair, Falcon has most of his 64 moves. There are clear differences, of course.

Regardless, Blood Falcon could be interesting if he took Ganondorf's old moveset while Toon Ganondorf stepped up to plate. TP Ganondorf would be out for this to work, though. Also, a few customs would need to be modified, since Blood Falcon has no sword. I don't remember if he ever used a weapon, heh.

Jody at least has a gun, and Black Shadow does seem like he could use Ganondor'fs exact moveset without issues. I doubt it'd get too much complaints myself, but many want to play as Falcondorf too. Just taking that out could alienate some of the fanbase. It's a risky move, respectively. Not a bad one, imo. ...Although a Black Shadow alt for Ganondorf would be okay, I guess. Even with the sword, maybe slightly changed design-wise?
exactly as i said for example if jody was the rep she could use the old smash attacks and use her gun as well it would a very unique character black shadow can have those moves but has ganons side b where he chokes you blood falcon could use the old smash attacks and have modified versions of falcons b button moveset the possibilities are endless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom