• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
私は本当に排他的な文字が、DLCのクールなサウンドが存在している疑い!Not sure about exclusive characters, but DLC sounds cool!
I don't think anyone is suggesting exclusive characters, just ones that show up initially on the Wii U version to help boost hype and flesh out the roster. Personally I'd also like it if the 3DS roster didn't have the large amount of empty space... I don't know why they just didn't resize the character boxes to be rectangles and just fit in the exact amount of characters there if there are no more.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Wow, good eye! I would've NEVER noticed that on the website. The ToS leak is slowly gaining back my trust. It's starting to actually kind of make sense.

Mewtwo, Ridley, and Dixie. All of them are characters the fans have been wanting to see for a long time. Chorus Men...not really, but they're just a bonus character who probably needed more time to be finished for the 3DS version.

Impa. Impa makes a TON of sense. I know everybody doesn't really give two craps about Impa, but the leak specifically stated that she combines Sheik's agility and Zelda's magic or whatever. Now that character transformations are gone, people who used to play Zelda/Sheik can move on to Impa. This makes so much sense! I could see why the developers would want to create a character such as her. "But what about a character that combines the abilities of ZSS/Samus?!" First of all, no character like that exists. Second, ZSS was only playable if you used Samus' final smash in Brawl. Not a lot of people used her until they did so. Zelda and Sheik have been transformations since Melee. To make sort of a "middle-ground" character for them combining both of their abilities makes sense. And so now we have Impa.

And finally, the Tower of Smash itself. The 3DS version has Smash Run. The Wii U version has this. Most people hate on the Tower of Smash because they think it sounds way too complicated. Um...not really. Smash Run is WAY more hectic. The ToS only sounds complicated because of the way it was explained (writing down all the mechanics for something on paper is hard). I'm sure when you play it for the first time it will be MUCH easier to understand. But anyway, yes, this mode makes a lot of sense. With the Subspace Emissary gone (and any kind of spiritual successor), a lot of bosses wouldn't be in the game. But people like fighting bosses, so this mode was created. Climbing all the floors of the tower and fighting characters and bosses sounds awesome! This sounds exactly like the kinda mode Sakurai would make.

There is one more thing I want to talk about concerning the ToS leak. It mentions Mega Man content a lot. I know a lot of people would mostly dismiss this as "oh, whoever wrote that fake leak was probably just a fan of Mega Man." I don't think so. Mega Man hasn't really gotten a lot of love in Smash, except for just an Assist Trophy (Elecman or whatever) and the same stage on both versions of the game. Having the boss rush styled after the Mega Man game's boss rush makes a lot of sense. Mega Man also apparently has a boss for him in the ToS, the Mecha Dragon.

Everything is starting to come together. This leak is starting to sound REALLY...uh, real. I mean, just sit back and think about it for a bit.
I don't really like the ToS leak, myself, because,
1. The only unique game mode isn't 4p multiplayer, which would make sense for the console where 4p multiplayer is the easiest to accomplish.
2. The WiiU version would have fewer main game modes, giving subspace AND event matches for tower of smash.
3. The leak says there will be 5 transfer characters. This is most likely due to the misconception that there's room for 5 more slots on the CSS, when in reality the image used to reach that conclusion hadn't had the Mii Fighters on it, which means there's only room for four more characters. This leads me to believe the leak was fabricated based on currently known information, at least the new characters portion.

Even if it's fake, I'm still hopeful for new characters in the WiiU version to be transferred over.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
1. The only unique game mode isn't 4p multiplayer, which would make sense for the console where 4p multiplayer is the easiest to accomplish.
2. The WiiU version would have fewer main game modes, giving subspace AND event matches for tower of smash.
3. The leak says there will be 5 transfer characters. This is most likely due to the misconception that there's room for 5 more slots on the CSS, when in reality the image used to reach that conclusion hadn't had the Mii Fighters on it, which means there's only room for four more characters. This leads me to believe the leak was fabricated based on currently known information, at least the new characters portion.

Even if it's fake, I'm still hopeful for new characters in the WiiU version to be transferred over.
As far as I know there is no limit on how many modes the game can get... who knows what else we don't know yet right now...
Also, the CSS can always get re-adjusted depending on how many characters sakurai wants to put in, either for newcomers when the wii u release hits or for future DLC sometime, or both. Not to forget to mention that there are arrows suggesting more than one page in both stage and character select screens.

Last edited:

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
As far as I know there is no limit on how many modes the game can get... who knows what else we don't know yet right now...
Also, the CSS can always get re-adjusted depending on how many characters sakurai wants to put in, either for newcomers when the wii u release hits or for future DLC sometime, or both. Not to forget to mention that there are arrows suggesting more than one page in both stage and character select screens.
if any of those happen
i still feel like it could be other characters idk why but i feel like it

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman

Regarding five characters when there's only room for 4. Remember during the E3 Treehouse streeming and someone from Nintendo mentioned that Miis take up the Random select slot when customization is turned on? Perhaps after these supposed five are added to the roster, Miis require you to turn on customization in order for them to show up, and then they take up the random select slot. Since this is the 3DS version and everyone has their own CSS to work with, doing it this way wouldn't hurt those who want to use random select. If you want to use a Mii you know what specific character you want, so random select isn't needed.

Nothing concrete obviously, but it's a possiblity.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
I actually kind of like this leak. It's quite possible both the ToS and this leak are both true. I mean, King Dedede DOES throw Gordos now rather than Waddle Dees... And the descriptions for both trailers seem somewhat Sakurai-ish... And a lot of the stages kinda match the ToS leak, though of course whoever made this leak could have just been mooching off of it. I'm very skeptic of this leak, so I'll just be sticking with ToS for now.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
For the guys

Wait wait wait

How can the tower of smash rumor and this one be true at the same time (if they are)

Bandana dee has nothing to do with the tower of smash rumor.
He could of simply not addressed everything. Maybe he just thought the characters we wanted to know about were the ones he should mention. Bandanna Dee isn't as popular as the other guys after all...

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Then you're seeing something that is impossible.

He is not ever going to screw the 3DS players out of a character. Period. That is the one thing among many of his stuff he never once changed at all. He's changed his mind on many things, but that wasn't it. When he said "same roster number", people mistook it to mean exclusives. He clarified that "was not the case" anyway.

I get you hate the cuts, but you gotta let it go, dude. Ice Climbers aren't coming back unless he fixes the issue, which nobody knows what it is at this time. And they're one of my favorite characters, but I even know putting them on one version but not the other is ridiculous.
how is wii u exclusive characters unfair to 3ds players, if they want the exclusive characters they have to get the wii u like everyone else would. 3ds is smash 4 and wii u is 5 there diffrent games tech

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
I really want the ToS leak to be true for mostly the stages. As much as I loved the idea of Ridley and Mewtwo and ANY Donkey Kong newcomer, I've gotten over it now that I've played the game in all its wonderful glory. The stages in this leak sound amazing, even though there's still an imbalance when it comes to the Kid Icarus series. Bowser's Castle sounds like one of the best stages in a long time, Tourian sounds like a great way to represent multiple Metroid games, Nintendo Land (hell yes), and the Temple is returning. This would be unbelievably perfect.

P.S. What in the world is "Endless Ocean?"

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
how is wii u exclusive characters unfair to 3ds players, if they want the exclusive characters they have to get the wii u like everyone else would. 3ds is smash 4 and wii u is 5 there diffrent games tech
It's unfair because they don't get the same characters. There's a ton of content, and far more on the Wii U version. So you already got a lot more stuff. That's more than enough.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
I really want the ToS leak to be true for mostly the stages. As much as I loved the idea of Ridley and Mewtwo and ANY Donkey Kong newcomer, I've gotten over it now that I've played the game in all its wonderful glory. The stages in this leak sound amazing, even though there's still an imbalance when it comes to the Kid Icarus series. Bowser's Castle sounds like one of the best stages in a long time, Tourian sounds like a great way to represent multiple Metroid games, Nintendo Land (hell yes), and the Temple is returning. This would be unbelievably perfect.

P.S. What in the world is "Endless Ocean?"
Endless Ocean was a game for the Wii. I think the Game Grumps played it once.

I agree with you, we do have a lot of really good stages in this leak. If Cookie Country, Castle Dedede, and Gyromite are all confirmed to be in the game, I will literally eat my desk. I love the Kirby series, and ROB has been deserving his own stage for a long time now (come to think of it, we might get the Gyromite stage confirmed when ROB is revealed on the website, thus confirming the leak).
For the guys

Wait wait wait

How can the tower of smash rumor and this one be true at the same time (if they are)

Bandana dee has nothing to do with the tower of smash rumor.
The Tower of Smash leak has a stage related to "Kirby: Return to Dream Land", an awesome Wii game in which four players could play as Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Bandanna Dee. The fact that the game has already been heavily referenced in both versions of Smash and that King Dedede no longer throws Waddle Dees as his side attack, could mean we will be receiving Bandanna Dee as a character (though possibly as DLC, as the ToS leak may not have mentioned him because he may not be in the game upon release, whereas the Final Five will be).

And not just that, but in the recent Ridley/BD Trailer leak, the Bandanna Dee trailer is said to take place at Castle Dedede, a stage listed in the ToS leak.

I know, it's possible somebody just looked at the ToS leak and made-up the Ridley/BD Trailer leak, but there's so much confirmed evidence hinting at Waddle Dee's inclusion (the same can be said for Ridley). And the fact that the Trailer leak was posted a week ago (before the release of Smash 3DS) could mean NoA just received those trailers, which means they may possibly be posted very soon, if the Trailer leak is real. I myself am only siding with the ToS leak for now (mostly because I don't want to get my hopes up for Bandana Dee).

Man, I used the word "leak" way too much. I have to go to the bathroom now.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
Endless Ocean was a game for the Wii. I think the Game Grumps played it once.

I agree with you, we do have a lot of really good stages in this leak. If Cookie Country, Castle Dedede, and Gyromite are all confirmed to be in the game, I will literally eat my desk. I love the Kirby series, and ROB has been deserving his own stage for a long time now (come to think of it, we might get the Gyromite stage confirmed when ROB is revealed on the website, thus confirming the leak).
I never thought of that possibility. Hopefully we'll see some more stages soon. If they aren't returning, we may have more evidence that's convincing.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
NEW DISCOVERY
I found Wolf's brawl voice actor Jay Ward and Wolf's 64 3d voice actor Jaz Adams in the credits of the game ( Hopefully they're just voicing Wolf). I also studied Wolf's trophy. His fur could be detailed enough though when comparing him to the other playable character trophies ( mainly Fox's) it doesn't fit in. His teeth do show on the trophy just like in brawl. I came up with a new theory that maybe this trophy is a place holder until Wolf is finished. Kind of like an unfinished module.
Hopefully this hints at him being playable. The Tower of smash gained some credibility today as well with the supposed Mt Dedede stage. So hopefully the best case scenario will be the characters are Wolf, Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, Impa, and Chorus Kids. Wolf isn't in the leak,but the amount of possible left over evidence of him in the game ( Usually Sakurai doesn't draw too much attention to cut characters) is staggering. ( tophy( given), Star Wolf theme( insulting), Possible more Star Wolf themes ( assault) ( downright mean of Sakurai), Possibly Codecs featuring him and possibly referencing his playable character status. ( I don't think Mewtwo or Ice Climbers had anything like that even Roy just had 1 song) If he's not playable then his exclusion will be worse than Mewtwo's and Ice Climbers in a sense.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
The Tower of smash gained some credibility today as well with the supposed Mt Dedede stage.
That area shown in the picture is not Mt Dedede, it's Great Cave Offensive.

Maybe it's another transformation stage where it takes us through various parts of Kirby Super Star, but with how it goes worded it's apparently going to be very different from most Smash Bros stages. So we might end up seeing a gimmick other than transformation

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
That area shown in the picture is not Mt Dedede, it's Great Cave Offensive.

Maybe it's another transformation stage where it takes us through various parts of Kirby Super Star, but with how it goes worded it's apparently going to be very different from most Smash Bros stages. So we might end up seeing a gimmick other than transformation
Thats not bad

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Just speculating but heres what I think are the best canadits for dlc

Characters whos trophies are in the 3ds game;

Ice Climbers:
the 3ds caused major changes for some characters with unique gimmicks. With the complications of the Ice climbers, I think that the best solution to bring them back is as Ice Climber. Only have one apear and specials are enhanced for the solo gamplay. Popo is the default while Nana is like the Alph/female Villager alt fashion. I honestly think this would be just as bad as Charizard removed from the pokemon trainer but its the only option right now.

Mewtwo:
Pokemon is one of Nintendos top selling games and they have been promoting the franchise as much as Mario within the last 5 years, I dont think it would hurt to have at least one more Poke rep if Mario has 7, one of which happens to be a cut from Melee. Plus his involvment with 6 gen.

Lucas and Wolf:
Popular in Brawl and have unique movesets despite having the same playstyle as Ness and Fox respectively. If Falco and Ganondorf are still half clones I dont see a reason to not have them.

Dixie Kong/King K. Rool:
With DK Country gaining relevancy, it makes sense for DK to get at least one more character in. Im leaning towards Dixie Kong being in due to being in Tropical Freeze and that she would be a easy character to make from Diddy added with some unique gimmick involving her ponytail. King K. Rool would factor from the Kremilings appearing in smash run.

Newcomers that don't have trophies yet;

Ridley: Most evidence is leaning him as a NPC of some form, but to tease him like this is still suspicious. Sakurai must be aware of his request to be in this game for Ridley to be teased for this long, or he is just oblivious and is still
Keeping Ridley's status secret until the Wii U version gets a release date.

Impa:
Face it, Zelda hasn't gotten a "unique" rep since Melee, and with Skull Kid, Midna, and Ghirahim being AT, Impa is the only major character we have left. The only problem is what recent version to use. SS Impa seems to similar to what we got with Sheik plus its incoherent with the other Characters as they are the TWP incarnations. If its the HW version then we would just have another character with a giant sword. They could make her use different weapons in her movest for this version of Impa to work. If HW ends up being popular than she could represent that since most of SS promotion was deticated to Stages and Items.

Bandana Waddle Dee:
He seems to be the last member of what can be established as the official "Kirby quartet". Waddle Dees do apear in smash run as enemies, but they are a species, This guy is a indiviual that stands out with his bandana and spear. I dont know what Sakurai can do with him, but he could work something out like what he did with PacMan an DH.

Captian Toad:
Im not sure if he actually has a trophy but even though Toad is in a worst situation than Ridley, I think its still possible to put him in like this. Like Waddle Dees, theres a buch, most of which are identical, and which C. Toad stands out vissualy. Heck adding him would be no diffrent than ROB was in Brawl since other ROB units were SSE enemies. I know Mario has enough reps as it is, but its not hurting anyone at this point.

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
It's unfair because they don't get the same characters. There's a ton of content, and far more on the Wii U version. So you already got a lot more stuff. That's more than enough.
Yeah, and if there IS that much more content on WiiU then everyone who bought the 3ds version would have to buy the Wiiu version, giving money to Nintendo. Obviously a horrible and illogical business decision.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, and if there IS that much more content on WiiU then everyone who bought the 3ds version would have to buy the Wiiu version, giving money to Nintendo. Obviously a horrible and illogical business decision.
A terrible business decision would be to hold back the wii u's potential of having more and more stuff due to a version that already released for another console, the 3ds. They can't make the wii u version less than the 3ds version if they want to scale up the wii u sales and the game itself. Personally I think the 3ds version in general was a terrible idea because it's only hurting the chances of what the wii u version could be, but well that's just my opinion right there.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There already is more content anyway. More music per stage and Trophies is pretty much confirmed. Try again, dude. Fully exclusive characters is just going to piss people off. A few more characters that you can definitely get on the 3DS version won't. It's just incentive to get both. Which is fine. Nobody has to get both. As long as the characters are the same, the one that has the content you outright prefer is the brest choice. You never have to worry about which one controls better overall(since all characters play exactly the same), and the demo outright gave you the chance to see if you prefer the regular 3DS controls(or 2DS/3DS XL).

Want to know the major difference between 'em? You're paying 20 dollars more for a buttload more content. Except exclusive characters. Seems pretty damn fair to me. I fail to see the problem, mostly cause it doesn't exist. It's 100% fair in every way.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
There already is more content anyway. More music per stage and Trophies is pretty much confirmed. Try again, dude. Fully exclusive characters is just going to piss people off. A few more characters that you can definitely get on the 3DS version won't. It's just incentive to get both. Which is fine. Nobody has to get both. As long as the characters are the same, the one that has the content you outright prefer is the brest choice. You never have to worry about which one controls better overall(since all characters play exactly the same), and the demo outright gave you the chance to see if you prefer the regular 3DS controls(or 2DS/3DS XL).

Want to know the major difference between 'em? You're paying 20 dollars more for a buttload more content. Except exclusive characters. Seems pretty damn fair to me. I fail to see the problem, mostly cause it doesn't exist. It's 100% fair in every way.
That's what a logical fan would say, but from a business point of view the extra incentive to buy both is worth holding back a few characters. It may piss people off, but it makes sense fron their point of view.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's what a logical fan would say, but from a business point of view the extra incentive to buy both is worth holding back a few characters. It may piss people off, but it makes sense fron their point of view.
And they will still be available on the 3DS. Or there may not be a single timed exclusive at all. It'll still sell due to the massive content and unique modes anyway. It's Smash. It sells. Never mind the more usable controller options. I'm not worried at all. Nor is there a reason to be at this point. You severely underestimate how much the known exclusive content will do to help it sell.

Honestly, I'd just prefer free DLC characters shown off for both versions. With unique content on each for other DLC, since that's actually logical and would not go against what Sakurai directly promised and made clear is the case in more than one way.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
And they will still be available on the 3DS. Or there may not be a single timed exclusive at all. It'll still sell due to the massive content and unique modes anyway. It's Smash. It sells. Never mind the more usable controller options. I'm not worried at all. Nor is there a reason to be at this point. You severely underestimate how much the known exclusive content will do to help it sell.

Honestly, I'd just prefer free DLC characters shown off for both versions. With unique content on each for other DLC, since that's actually logical and would not go against what Sakurai directly promised and made clear is the case in more than one way.
Yes, it'll sell, but my point is that if there are extra characters it will sell better. Once again, I'm just trying to think from nintendo's point of view.

And I do believe they'll be available on both versions in some way if this happens, though how I don't know.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes, it'll sell, but my point is that if there are extra characters it will sell better. Once again, I'm just trying to think from nintendo's point of view.

And I do believe they'll be available on both versions in some way if this happens, though how I don't know.
To be honest, if it has extra characters it has a good chance of taking away sales from the 3DS version. That's not a good business decision. So it can go either way. I'd like to see what'll happen, but I don't even care if it's the final roster even with DLC. We have a huge roster anyway.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, if it has extra characters it has a good chance of taking away sales from the 3DS version. That's not a good business decision. So it can go either way. I'd like to see what'll happen, but I don't even care if it's the final roster even with DLC. We have a huge roster anyway.
Smash's gold is the characters, if there is nothing new regarding that, everyone will stick to the cheapest version of the game which is the 3ds version. That's bad business if you want to get the wii u version get sold, and i doubt that it will sell that "much" just with different stages and modes. Anyone who has been playing smash all this time knows this. I think it will have extra characters and whatever its necessary , a patch or dlc, will be done to keep both rosters the same. But one thing is for sure, right now, the wii u needs more than just new stages and one or 2 different modes to get ppl hyped enough to buy either both console and the game or just the game if you have already the console.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Smash's gold is the characters, if there is nothing new regarding that, everyone will stick to the cheapest version of the game which is the 3ds version. That's bad business if you want to get the wii u version get sold, and i doubt that it will sell that "much" just with different stages and modes. Anyone who has been playing smash all this time knows this. I think it will have extra characters and whatever its necessary , a patch or dlc, will be done to keep both rosters the same. But one thing is for sure, right now, the wii u needs more than just new stages and one or 2 different modes to get ppl hyped enough to buy either both console and the game or just the game if you have already the console.
Wrong.

I don't care whatsoever if it has a single new character. I'm getting both no matter what(and I just happened to have the Wii U itself. I would've bought it too). That's after I saw the roster, even some of the ones I dislike. Stop speaking for everyone. I've seen some who refuse to get the 3DS version, not caring about it. And they are just getting the Wii U version just because they prefer it. Yes, a few modes and a controller option is enough for some people. It's not the strongest, but it does work. You need to realize that everybody is different.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
Some people might be indecisive on whether to get the Wii U version, the 3DS version, or both. One way to get more people is by having version exclusive characters for a brief time after the Wii U's launch (with the ability to transfer characters through system connectivity). After a few months, there might be a patch. If you really want all the characters ASAP, then you can get both versions early. If you can't afford it, buy one version and wait it out. This is a way to rake in a few more sales from people who aren't entirely sure if they want a specific version without screwing over people who definitely want only one version.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Wrong.

I don't care whatsoever if it has a single new character. I'm getting both no matter what(and I just happened to have the Wii U itself. I would've bought it too). That's after I saw the roster, even some of the ones I dislike. Stop speaking for everyone. I've seen some who refuse to get the 3DS version, not caring about it. And they are just getting the Wii U version just because they prefer it. Yes, a few modes and a controller option is enough for some people. It's not the strongest, but it does work. You need to realize that everybody is different.
First off, i'm not speaking for everyone , but for a big group of fans worldwide, which is totally different. Lucky you that you can get both, I wish I had that much money. Also....just maybe as my opinion speaks about just a big group ppl who aren't gonna be satisfied with a control option and a few modes, you speak of some people who will be satisfied witih that, so in the end, we are both speaking about big groups with different ways to be satisfied, no need to be rude against the group i talk about when im not rude about those who you talk about, just so you know. Just as I realize that everybody is different, you do it as well then.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
First off, i'm not speaking for everyone , but for a big group of fans worldwide, which is totally different. Lucky you that you can get both, I wish I had that much money. Also....just maybe as my opinion speaks about just a big group ppl who aren't gonna be satisfied with a control option and a few modes, you speak of some people who will be satisfied witih that, so in the end, we are both speaking about big groups with different ways to be satisfied, no need to be rude against the group i talk about when im not rude about those who you talk about, just so you know. Just as I realize that everybody is different, you do it as well then.
" everyone will stick to the cheapest version of the game" Absolutely zero context made me think you meant "some groups". It doesn't exist. I had no way to read it differently. I get what you mean now, but that's later on.

And honestly, with how crappy that Control Pad is(a simple bit of sweat makes it near impossible to grip) a better controller alone is going to be enough. I want more than that too, but that's a major reason I want the Wii U version. I barely unlocked most characters because of how awful these controls are.

In the end, the "incentive" is beyond varied, and acting like one outranks the other is a bit silly. We'll see what exclusives beyond My Music and Trophies exist. But I don't believe for one second it'll have a hard time selling.

I know the Characters are the main draw of the series. But only to some people. One of my friends, Johnknight1 is outright proof that this isn't a simple case of "everybody wants that". He didn't care one bit about who's in as long as the gameplay was awesome. To the point that everybody tried to explain to him that some think the character choice is more important(including myself). And just remember this; He doesn't believe that. So there you have it; It's truly varied. That we both agree upon, but just remember that I never once implied I meant a single thing else. You did by accident(I am well aware of how poor wording can be taken), but at least I realize you didn't mean that.

Last edited:

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
" everyone will stick to the cheapest version of the game" Absolutely zero context made me think you meant "some groups". It doesn't exist. I had no way to read it differently. I get what you mean now, but that's later on.

And honestly, with how crappy that Control Pad is(a simple bit of sweat makes it near impossible to grip) a better controller alone is going to be enough. I want more than that too, but that's a major reason I want the Wii U version. I barely unlocked most characters because of how awful these controls are.

In the end, the "incentive" is beyond varied, and acting like one outranks the other is a bit silly. We'll see what exclusives beyond My Music and Trophies exist. But I don't believe for one second it'll have a hard time selling.

I know the Characters are the main draw of the series. But only to some people. One of my friends, Johnknight1 is outright proof that this isn't a simple case of "everybody wants that". He didn't care one bit about who's in as long as the gameplay was awesome. To the point that everybody tried to explain to him that some think the character choice is more important(including myself). And just remember this; He doesn't believe that. So there you have it; It's truly varied. That we both agree upon, but just remember that I never once implied I meant a single thing else. You did by accident(I am well aware of how poor wording can be taken), but at least I realize you didn't mean that.
*sips cup of coffee and continues scrolling*

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok still no info qbout that kirby kart stage

But good news he finally did a amiibo update

And i heard once and for all nvember 21st is the wii u release date

But we get the wii u version first could this be a sign hes going to reveal a usa wanted just before the wii u release date aince we get it first? (Thus showing we win of unrevealed wii u characters to be transfered to 3dd/patch release for 3ds/dlc is a thing.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom